• Creator
    Topic
    Arykah WillIams
    Participant
    Registered On: December 27, 2020
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Does anyone else just fall in love so much with a particular find. Maybe it’s a sweater, or a real sweet skirt, a special dress or a pair of slacks. A combination of fabric colour and style that just makes you buy 2 of them maybe 3 just in case something bad happens. Heaven forbid an errant splash of red wine, something that snags and makes a tear or run. All so you don’t have to worry about finding the same one again. It’s not just me right? Other people do this to.

ps I should say I’ve done this with 2 skirts and 4 sweaters and a dress.
    What have you bought?

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Polly Stewart
      Lady
      Registered On: January 2, 2021
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 189

Hi Arykah

I never buy the same item twice and some I instantly regret buying becase of the fit or some other reason. I have favourite styles mainly ‘cos they fit my body shape (or hide it as much as possible). I have a pretty undisguised masculine shape which does not go well for many different styles but some are better than others and those I collect (and wear).

Buying more than one of and item doesn’t give each item the respect it deserves as itself… and there’s always another to buy it. Like specials in a supermarket… do you buy all the same item? Leaving nothing for other purchasers?

xx Polly

2 users thanked author for this post.
      DeeAnn Hopings
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 748

Usually, no, as the majority of my shopping is done through thrift shops. However, there have been some instances where I did buy the same item in different colors.

• Sharagano utility/military style dress (5), 2 used, 3 new, all different colors
      • Marc New York short skort (4), 2 black, 2 olive, all new
      • Blair short sleeve shell (6), black, white, silver, red, yellow, mauve, all new
      • Blair sleeveless shell (3), pastel pink, pastel green, orange, all new
      • BORN one band wedge sandals (2), black, brown, all new
      • BORN criss-cross wedge sandals (2), blue, orange, all new
      3 users thanked author for this post.
      Celeste Starre
      Lady
      Registered On: June 26, 2018
      Topics: 31
      Replies: 724

Not exactly but I have been know to buy a certain item be it dress or nightgown etc.  in more than one color.

Natalie Moore
      Lady
      Registered On: June 3, 2020
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 60

I’m like that with leggings, as some of them do start to fray or rip after too much wear. I’ll usually buy two or three of the same color so I can switch out old ones more often.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Hilda Beaumont
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 14, 2020
      Replies: 43

Definitely; once I find underwear – bars, vests, knickers – that fit well and are comfortable then I buy multiples. Also I found some T shirts that looked really good with my culottes (from Sea Salt https://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk with sizes up to 28!) so I bought multiples.
      HRxx

Amber Scott
      Duchess
      Registered On: June 30, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 69

Being that women’s sizing is all screwed up, compared to men’s sizing, when I find something that fit’s I buy multiple. This summer I bought a sun dress that fit like a dream. I immediately went and bought 3 more from the same manufacturer. This fall was the same with tights. Bought a pair that fit, bought 10 more. Now I understand why my ex spent sooooo much time trying on clothes at the mall. Be safe all.

Love and Peace,

Amber

Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Replies: 39

Not so much in outerwear.I have similar styles but not the exactly the same.

Underwear is a different matter. Bras are a good example. I am a popular size and I once bought a bra and it was perfect for me. When I went to buy another they didn’t have it and I kept trying to no avail. It was discontinued. Lesson learned. If I find a good one I buy multiples and different colors. Same with panties and slips. 

patty williams
      Lady
      Registered On: January 19, 2019
      Topics: 64
      Replies: 1203

HI Arykah,

Yes I do absolutely.

Its kind of a sickness with me LOL.

If I find some skinny jeans or shoes I like I try to get some back ups.

I have several pair of the shiny disco pants as I get thenm when I find them for a good price.

Patty

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Jessica Ross
      Lady
      Registered On: December 9, 2020
      Replies: 128

I do this with makeup brushes, always afraid they are going to discontinue the ones I love working with.

Jessica

Wendy Swift
      Lady
      Registered On: May 11, 2020
      Replies: 307

I am usually pretty good in avoiding buying duplicates of clothing, but I have a few :

boxing week sale, I was so add to cart happy that I inadvertently bought the same shrug, so now I have 2 of the same thing.

I also have 3 of the same one piece swimsuit too.  Oh well, can never have enough swimsuits.

Genevïéve
      Lady
      Registered On: July 28, 2020
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 541

Last Thursday (arrived Friday 😀👍) I purchased two more pink baby-doll nighties. So I have three pink, one dark blue and a light blue.

Also have a pink nightgown that is sooooo comfy… don’t want to take it off in the morning. Looking for two more in large (when available)… another pink and a navy blue.

Gen… ❤

Paula F
      Duchess
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 808

I buy many items in multiples sometimes.  Leggings and hosiery are the biggest, and some even come prepackaged as 2 or 3 to a pack.  I bought a black dress last summer, for fall and winter wear, with long sleeves that have a cut-out diamond pattern on them.  It is made of a stretch/cotton type of material, not sure what without going on a closet dig, and is an A-line cut to just below the knees.  The first time I wore it out, several friends made some some very good compliments on how it fit, and I loved how comfortable yet close the bodice fit.  I went out that next week and picked one up in red and one in white and they fit and feel just as lovely as the original black one.

I have done that same thing many times over the years, same clothing but in different colors and pattern of print.  If I find it comfortable to wear and also get compliments on it also, why not change it up a bit but keep the advantages I found in the original piece.

PaulaF

Cindy Lou
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 18, 2020
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 427

During my pink fog induced shopping frenzy of October through November I accidentally ordered the same article of clothing 4 times, a pair of fuzzy socks, a dress, and 2 different blouses, how blonde is that?

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Lee Ann Rakers
      Lady
      Registered On: August 18, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 520

Why not? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Lee Ann

7 users thanked author for this post.
      stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 118
      Replies: 1356

Because I regularly walk my dog (2poos, or Amber to give her proper name) I am hard on hosiery and footwear that has to cope with rough ground and winter weather – which where I live is mostly mud and rain. So I buy multiples of hold-ups which end of snagging on brambles, toes wearing through etc.

I also have to buy multiples of robust chunky-heeled ankle boots and other footwear to get me thru the winter. I get through several pairs between October and March – eventually the upper breaks away from the sole, or the sole splits across the ball of the foot.

I  also buy different cup sizes in a bra I like, and have quite a few A-line skirts of different colours.

Amanda Burton
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: January 15, 2020
        Topics: 17
        Replies: 845

Stephanie sweetie, you need to buy some pink all weather wellies.

stephanie plumb
          Baroness - Annual
          Registered On: November 17, 2018
          Topics: 118
          Replies: 1356

Amanda dear, I do have some “short” black unisex wellies, which is what I wear when wearing His clothes. But they are not feminine enough for me!  When Stephanie is out it’s 100% femme or nothing.  Rephrase – by nothing I didn’t mean nothing. You know what I mean! I haven’t worn nothing for ages- even then I would have kept my boots on.

I could be tempted to buy a woman’s welly if I could get size 9 minimum.

Quiet round ‘ere innit?

Amanda Burton
            Baroness - Annual

Amazon, sell size 9, ladies wellies Stephanie, according to their web site.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Amanda Burton
      Baroness - Annual

Oh absolutely, especially with undies, jeans, and white blouses too.

Sa•man•tha
      Managing Ambassador
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 388
      Replies: 1614

Yes, absolutely Arykah!  I’m well known to go back for seconds or thirds if I find something I love.  Sometimes different color, sometimes exact duplicate.  Girl, when ya find something that really flatters you, ya got to!! 😅

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Replies: 1695

I’ve been doing that most of my life, even as a guy. Bettylou’s wardrobe is much more varied, but I do buy multiples of GV jeans, undies and tights or leggings

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.