- January 10, 2021 at 8:33 pm #430679Arykah WillIamsParticipantRegistered On: December 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 2Has thanked: 31 timesBeen thanked: 19 times
Does anyone else just fall in love so much with a particular find. Maybe it’s a sweater, or a real sweet skirt, a special dress or a pair of slacks. A combination of fabric colour and style that just makes you buy 2 of them maybe 3 just in case something bad happens. Heaven forbid an errant splash of red wine, something that snags and makes a tear or run. All so you don’t have to worry about finding the same one again. It’s not just me right? Other people do this to.
ps I should say I’ve done this with 2 skirts and 4 sweaters and a dress.
What have you bought?
- This topic was modified 1 week ago by Arykah WillIams.
- January 17, 2021 at 2:09 am #434282Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 189Has thanked: 207 timesBeen thanked: 473 times
I never buy the same item twice and some I instantly regret buying becase of the fit or some other reason. I have favourite styles mainly ‘cos they fit my body shape (or hide it as much as possible). I have a pretty undisguised masculine shape which does not go well for many different styles but some are better than others and those I collect (and wear).
Buying more than one of and item doesn’t give each item the respect it deserves as itself… and there’s always another to buy it. Like specials in a supermarket… do you buy all the same item? Leaving nothing for other purchasers?
- January 12, 2021 at 11:56 am #431518DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 748Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 1972 times
Usually, no, as the majority of my shopping is done through thrift shops. However, there have been some instances where I did buy the same item in different colors.
- Sharagano utility/military style dress (5), 2 used, 3 new, all different colors
- Marc New York short skort (4), 2 black, 2 olive, all new
- Blair short sleeve shell (6), black, white, silver, red, yellow, mauve, all new
- Blair sleeveless shell (3), pastel pink, pastel green, orange, all new
- BORN one band wedge sandals (2), black, brown, all new
- BORN criss-cross wedge sandals (2), blue, orange, all new
- January 11, 2021 at 7:35 pm #431205Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 31Replies: 724Has thanked: 206 timesBeen thanked: 2193 times
- January 11, 2021 at 5:23 pm #431106Natalie MooreLadyRegistered On: June 3, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 60Has thanked: 189 timesBeen thanked: 426 times
- January 11, 2021 at 10:04 am #430922Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 43Has thanked: 100 timesBeen thanked: 171 times
Definitely; once I find underwear – bars, vests, knickers – that fit well and are comfortable then I buy multiples. Also I found some T shirts that looked really good with my culottes (from Sea Salt https://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk with sizes up to 28!) so I bought multiples.
- January 11, 2021 at 9:43 am #430900Amber ScottDuchessRegistered On: June 30, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 69Has thanked: 69 timesBeen thanked: 224 times
Being that women’s sizing is all screwed up, compared to men’s sizing, when I find something that fit’s I buy multiple. This summer I bought a sun dress that fit like a dream. I immediately went and bought 3 more from the same manufacturer. This fall was the same with tights. Bought a pair that fit, bought 10 more. Now I understand why my ex spent sooooo much time trying on clothes at the mall. Be safe all.
Love and Peace,
- January 11, 2021 at 8:27 am #430849Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 39Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 215 times
Not so much in outerwear.I have similar styles but not the exactly the same.
Underwear is a different matter. Bras are a good example. I am a popular size and I once bought a bra and it was perfect for me. When I went to buy another they didn’t have it and I kept trying to no avail. It was discontinued. Lesson learned. If I find a good one I buy multiples and different colors. Same with panties and slips.
- January 11, 2021 at 8:09 am #430830patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 64Replies: 1203Has thanked: 1960 timesBeen thanked: 4099 times
Yes I do absolutely.
Its kind of a sickness with me LOL.
If I find some skinny jeans or shoes I like I try to get some back ups.
I have several pair of the shiny disco pants as I get thenm when I find them for a good price.
- January 11, 2021 at 7:55 am #430828Jessica RossLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 128Has thanked: 200 timesBeen thanked: 516 times
- January 11, 2021 at 6:50 am #430814Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 307Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 1193 times
I am usually pretty good in avoiding buying duplicates of clothing, but I have a few :
boxing week sale, I was so add to cart happy that I inadvertently bought the same shrug, so now I have 2 of the same thing.
I also have 3 of the same one piece swimsuit too. Oh well, can never have enough swimsuits.
- January 11, 2021 at 6:15 am #430808GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 541Has thanked: 5155 timesBeen thanked: 2297 times
Last Thursday (arrived Friday 😀👍) I purchased two more pink baby-doll nighties. So I have three pink, one dark blue and a light blue.
Also have a pink nightgown that is sooooo comfy… don’t want to take it off in the morning. Looking for two more in large (when available)… another pink and a navy blue.
- January 11, 2021 at 5:41 am #430800Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 808Has thanked: 6075 timesBeen thanked: 3144 times
I buy many items in multiples sometimes. Leggings and hosiery are the biggest, and some even come prepackaged as 2 or 3 to a pack. I bought a black dress last summer, for fall and winter wear, with long sleeves that have a cut-out diamond pattern on them. It is made of a stretch/cotton type of material, not sure what without going on a closet dig, and is an A-line cut to just below the knees. The first time I wore it out, several friends made some some very good compliments on how it fit, and I loved how comfortable yet close the bodice fit. I went out that next week and picked one up in red and one in white and they fit and feel just as lovely as the original black one.
I have done that same thing many times over the years, same clothing but in different colors and pattern of print. If I find it comfortable to wear and also get compliments on it also, why not change it up a bit but keep the advantages I found in the original piece.
- January 11, 2021 at 5:02 am #430788Cindy LouBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 18, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 427Has thanked: 1833 timesBeen thanked: 1977 times
During my pink fog induced shopping frenzy of October through November I accidentally ordered the same article of clothing 4 times, a pair of fuzzy socks, a dress, and 2 different blouses, how blonde is that?
- January 11, 2021 at 12:09 am #430715
- January 10, 2021 at 11:32 pm #430709stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1356Has thanked: 1984 timesBeen thanked: 5826 times
Because I regularly walk my dog (2poos, or Amber to give her proper name) I am hard on hosiery and footwear that has to cope with rough ground and winter weather – which where I live is mostly mud and rain. So I buy multiples of hold-ups which end of snagging on brambles, toes wearing through etc.
I also have to buy multiples of robust chunky-heeled ankle boots and other footwear to get me thru the winter. I get through several pairs between October and March – eventually the upper breaks away from the sole, or the sole splits across the ball of the foot.
I also buy different cup sizes in a bra I like, and have quite a few A-line skirts of different colours.
- January 11, 2021 at 2:04 am #430737Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 845Has thanked: 6663 timesBeen thanked: 3217 times
- January 11, 2021 at 2:37 am #430746stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1356Has thanked: 1984 timesBeen thanked: 5826 times
Amanda dear, I do have some “short” black unisex wellies, which is what I wear when wearing His clothes. But they are not feminine enough for me! When Stephanie is out it’s 100% femme or nothing. Rephrase – by nothing I didn’t mean nothing. You know what I mean! I haven’t worn nothing for ages- even then I would have kept my boots on.
I could be tempted to buy a woman’s welly if I could get size 9 minimum.
Quiet round ‘ere innit?
- January 11, 2021 at 5:38 am #430799
- January 10, 2021 at 11:08 pm #430707Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 845Has thanked: 6663 timesBeen thanked: 3217 times
- January 10, 2021 at 8:47 pm #430686Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 388Replies: 1614Has thanked: 7160 timesBeen thanked: 6138 times
Yes, absolutely Arykah! I’m well known to go back for seconds or thirds if I find something I love. Sometimes different color, sometimes exact duplicate. Girl, when ya find something that really flatters you, ya got to!! 😅
- January 10, 2021 at 8:41 pm #430685Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1695Has thanked: 3003 timesBeen thanked: 5671 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.