• This topic has 25 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Leah.
Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Does anyone else just fall in love so much with a particular find. Maybe it’s a sweater, or a real sweet skirt, a special dress or a pair of slacks. A combination of fabric colour and style that just makes you buy 2 of them maybe 3 just in case something bad happens. Heaven forbid an errant splash of red wine, something that snags and makes a tear or run. All so you don’t have to worry about finding the same one again. It’s not just me right? Other people do this to.

ps I should say I’ve done this with 2 skirts and 4 sweaters and a dress.
      What have you bought?

Anonymous

I’ve been doing that most of my life, even as a guy. Bettylou’s wardrobe is much more varied, but I do buy multiples of GV jeans, undies and tights or leggings

Anonymous

Oh absolutely, especially with undies, jeans, and white blouses too.

Why not? Sounds like a good idea to me.

Lee Ann

During my pink fog induced shopping frenzy of October through November I accidentally ordered the same article of clothing 4 times, a pair of fuzzy socks, a dress, and 2 different blouses, how blonde is that?

I buy many items in multiples sometimes.  Leggings and hosiery are the biggest, and some even come prepackaged as 2 or 3 to a pack.  I bought a black dress last summer, for fall and winter wear, with long sleeves that have a cut-out diamond pattern on them.  It is made of a stretch/cotton type of material, not sure what without going on a closet dig, and is an A-line cut to just below the knees.  The first time I wore it out, several friends made some some very good compliments on how it fit, and I loved how comfortable yet close the bodice fit.  I went out that next week and picked one up in red and one in white and they fit and feel just as lovely as the original black one.

I have done that same thing many times over the years, same clothing but in different colors and pattern of print.  If I find it comfortable to wear and also get compliments on it also, why not change it up a bit but keep the advantages I found in the original piece.

PaulaF

I am usually pretty good in avoiding buying duplicates of clothing, but I have a few :

boxing week sale, I was so add to cart happy that I inadvertently bought the same shrug, so now I have 2 of the same thing.

I also have 3 of the same one piece swimsuit too.  Oh well, can never have enough swimsuits.

Anonymous

I do this with makeup brushes, always afraid they are going to discontinue the ones I love working with.

Jessica

HI Arykah,

Yes I do absolutely.

Its kind of a sickness with me LOL.

If I find some skinny jeans or shoes I like I try to get some back ups.

I have several pair of the shiny disco pants as I get thenm when I find them for a good price.

Patty

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Not so much in outerwear.I have similar styles but not the exactly the same.

Underwear is a different matter. Bras are a good example. I am a popular size and I once bought a bra and it was perfect for me. When I went to buy another they didn’t have it and I kept trying to no avail. It was discontinued. Lesson learned. If I find a good one I buy multiples and different colors. Same with panties and slips. 

Being that women’s sizing is all screwed up, compared to men’s sizing, when I find something that fit’s I buy multiple. This summer I bought a sun dress that fit like a dream. I immediately went and bought 3 more from the same manufacturer. This fall was the same with tights. Bought a pair that fit, bought 10 more. Now I understand why my ex spent sooooo much time trying on clothes at the mall. Be safe all.

Love and Peace,

Amber

Definitely; once I find underwear – bars, vests, knickers – that fit well and are comfortable then I buy multiples. Also I found some T shirts that looked really good with my culottes (from Sea Salt https://www.seasaltcornwall.co.uk with sizes up to 28!) so I bought multiples.
      HRxx

Natalie
      Lady

I’m like that with leggings, as some of them do start to fray or rip after too much wear. I’ll usually buy two or three of the same color so I can switch out old ones more often.

Usually, no, as the majority of my shopping is done through thrift shops. However, there have been some instances where I did buy the same item in different colors.

• Sharagano utility/military style dress (5), 2 used, 3 new, all different colors
      • Marc New York short skort (4), 2 black, 2 olive, all new
      • Blair short sleeve shell (6), black, white, silver, red, yellow, mauve, all new
      • Blair sleeveless shell (3), pastel pink, pastel green, orange, all new
      • BORN one band wedge sandals (2), black, brown, all new
      • BORN criss-cross wedge sandals (2), blue, orange, all new

Hi Arykah

I never buy the same item twice and some I instantly regret buying becase of the fit or some other reason. I have favourite styles mainly ‘cos they fit my body shape (or hide it as much as possible). I have a pretty undisguised masculine shape which does not go well for many different styles but some are better than others and those I collect (and wear).

Buying more than one of and item doesn’t give each item the respect it deserves as itself… and there’s always another to buy it. Like specials in a supermarket… do you buy all the same item? Leaving nothing for other purchasers?

xx Polly

For me it would be pantyhose for sure. But like some have said when I find a pair of panties I like and fit great( my Vic secret dream angels)I get more of them. Some for certain bralettes. I’ll get them in white beige black.  I’ve also done it with a few pairs of heels.
      Thanks

Ashley.

Since a lot of my shopping is at thrift stores and yard sales, most of my things are one of a kind. When I shop clearance sales online or in stores, I have purchased mainly sandals, shoes and boots/booties in the same style but different colors if available. I rarely buy anything online or in store unless it’s on clearance. The exception to that is panties. Walmart has a particular brand that fits me perfectly and my wife will buy ANY new colors or prints. The last time we went the new stock had just come out and she grabbed one of each and I came home with 8 new panties! Stephanie

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

Ha, I first did this with two of my drab shirts two summers ago-the originals got spotted with sunscreen, I reordered as a precaution, the sunscreen came out but I kept the duplicates anyway and they remain sealed in the delivery envelope. I guess I’ll have to be careful of the time capsule effect, and wait until they’ve aged–that is, when people are nostalgic for 2018.

Lately I’ve been doing this with cardigans-getting a couple of colors to mix and match with skirts and get a lot of looks out of relatively few pieces. In one case, there was a pattern I loved that was offered on both pencil and swing style dresses, and I got both, which was splurgy but it made me happy. I think on both sides of dress its special to find something that really works so when that happens I like to get while the getting’s good.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Arykah, you are not alone. If I find something I really like I will buy a couple or three. Especially leggings.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Lingerie… with “Fayreform Cora”l bras my worst example.. I havea bout six, plus quite a few other Fayreforms.. (Bendon Oz and NZ brand). Why cos my “Corals” are soooooo comfy. Great band and tsrap support and the fit over my “Gold Seal” forms is fantastic. The Coral panties are very good too!! I love the matching sets..

I’ve duplicated other brands and bras too

Being a “mature” lady, I buy quite a bit of http://www.fellahamilton.com.au clothing. Very well made and their sale prices on old stock are a delight!!

So I probably have too many skirts and cardigans.. But hey I drool over which ones I intend the next time I’m having Caty time.

Oh and I almost forgot… Formal wear… 3 evening gowns and “mother of the Bride” outfits

Caty

I usually wear a lot of short shorts, tank tops and crop tops. When I find the perfect ones that give me the fit and look I want, I usually get a few in different colors. Lingerie Diva sells the perfect pair of silky shorts and I have multiple pairs of in the same color because I like to wear them so much. The same is true for skirts or jeans.

Not particularly. I usually buy only one of something unless they are high wear articles like panties or stockings. The only time I’ve bought a second of something is if I don’t fit it any longer. In that case buying two of something the first time around would be futile since I’d be guessing size. Plus, I would free up my money to buy something else I’ve desired rather than multiples of one item.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve bought multiple pairs of the same pantyhose easily thousands of times. I would go to a store and buy everything they had in my size.

Leah
      Baroness

I have done the same thing.  When I find a style that I like and fits well, I have bought a few different colors.  My wife says I shop like a girl when it comes to ladies clothes.  Only problem is that I am ruining out of space for all my clothes.

Anonymous

Stephanie sweetie, you need to buy some pink all weather wellies.

Anonymous

Amazon, sell size 9, ladies wellies Stephanie, according to their web site.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?