Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

hello all,

I am a complete beginner when it comes to makeup. I have watched a lot of videos on how to apply makeup and it seems complicated and time consuming. For those of you that have experience, what do you do for makeup and how long do you take. I also need to figure out a basic kit to start with. Any recommendations?

thanks

Hi Rachel,  The fun of being a woman is the time to primp and make yourself look beautiful.  I love doing makeup I can do it in about 60 minutes or if I am enjoying it and have the time 2 hours or more.  Depends on what I am doing.  First you need to use a good foundation and if you have a beard shadow you need a good concealer or beard cover.  I use covergirl makeup since the start and I love it the few cheap off brands I have used do not work as well and you will tell it later after you get to know your makeup.  Practice is the most important part.  If you have watched the videos you know the techniques and it just takes time to learn them.  I use a concealer for my bearded area.  Then a light foundation over my entire face and blend it down the neck and into the chest if I am going to go low cleavage.  I use a powder to set the foundation it makes it stay a lot better.  Then I use a covergirl instant cheek bone the light color for my darker area like under the eyes and in the mouth creases.  Then the middle for a very light brushing over my face.  Then the dark for just a little more color on the cheek bones to make them pop.

After that I put on my false eye lashes or just mascara depends on my level of makeup.  Eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil and lipstick that about raps it up.  If I want a fancy look the eyes can take 30 minutes or longer and a quick look for everyday can be as quick as about 5 minutes.   I found the hardest for me to find the right color and look was the eyebrows.  I am still working on them.

Who I learned is a took one item at a time and worked with it tell I could master it.  Foundation finding out how to apply it with out looking like a clown to much makeup or to thin and the skin does not look smooth or is to blotchy.  So many things about each item.  If you like drop me a line we can talk about each thing and I can help you the best I know hun.  I love makeup and would love to chat with you about it.

Sara Marie

What great advice Sarah,

just to add, I find using a primer to be really good at evening out the skin for your foundation. You can buy an expensive one but actually aftershave balm works quite well!

Also eyebrows; I find these to be really key, I have them plucked but also use eyebrow powder to excentuate a more feminine curve, and I find it makes a really big difference to my look!

But really practice practice practice, and YouTube is awesome!

Good morning ladies. First let me start by saying just how happy I am to have found this site. I am absolutely brand new to this lifestyle and have no idea what I’m doing. Yesterday I went on the public chat room for the first time, watched for about a half hour and finally got up the courage to say hello. I was very apprehensive and just a little scared. The outpouring of support I received was overwhelming and I actually broke down and cried. I have never felt so excepted in my life. Ih my god, I’m starting to get emotional again. Ok.

I have absolutely no idea what I’m doing with makeup or fashion so I need lot’s of HELLLPPPPPP!!!!!!

I just got my first pair of shoes, beautiful blue suede stiletto pumps but have nothing to wear them with. I think my legs are my best assets and really want to show them off, so something short. Do I go for something blue to match the shoesb or is that to matchy matchy? What color dress would match the blue shoes? Do I go with a blue lipstick or again is that to much blue? IDK.

#2 how do I find the right color foundation? I’m confused by all the different colors and shades. I am completely clueless and really need help. I’m so afraid I’m going to look like Schrek in a dress, lol

Please, someone help me? I don’t need to know everything all at once but point me in the right direction and give me a good starting point. I just want to look in the mirror and finally see a beautiful girl looking back at me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?