Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Saw a poll where you where asked did you ever wear any of your grandmother’s clothes?
      I’d like to rephrase that slightly, when your grandmothers or mother or even mother in law or other female relative leave you any of their clothes?

I personally never had any female clothing passed on to me.
      Would have loved to have worn some of my mother’s clothes.
      She’d some lovely clothes.

Liz

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I have never had them ‘Left’ to me and I would be uncomfortable if they were from a dead relative as maybe suggests.

I have been given clothes. My mother gave me a dress, bra, slip and hosiery  when I first came out. My sister has given me clothes as she is the same size as me. I have also had gifts too. 

Anonymous

would have loved to have my grandmothers furs but they were passed on to my dads sister. My  mother did pass on some nice mary jane heels to me since never wear them anymore and we both same size foot.

Donna

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

A sister bagged up most of Mom’s clothes to give away when she moved to assisted living years ago. Although most bags were sealed before I came on the scene to cart them to Goodwill, I spotted an adorable skirt and a shawl, which I stowed in my suitcase. My SO’s mom recently passed away and she offered me some satiny slips, which double as nighties.

My mother’s clothes were too small for me by the time I was 13. Even if they did fit me now, the thought of it is kind of creepy. I do wish I had hung on to some of her groovy 60’s-era wigs, but all of it went off to charity after she passed.

I did inherit much of the jewelry though. She never threw out anything, and still had lots of kitschy clip-on earrings from the days when “good girls” didn’t get their ears pierced.

I can’t say anything was specifically left for me, but I did go through my mom’s wardrobe when she passed away and took a few things I liked.

Amy Oxley
      Lady

Back in the day my Grandmother would quite often wear a wig when out and about. It was either that or a blue rinse.

Well, as i got older and started to go bald, one year she gave me her old wig as a joke Christmas present. If only she knew…

I always admired the way my mother and my grandmother dressed they were so smart and sophisticated in their choice of outfit. I always tried to see if I could carry their style as good as theirs. I do according to my wife so yes I have wore clothing that has been handed down.

I have a grandmother necklaze and was a surprise to me  that makes me feel her grandougther doing exactly the opposite she did ( she was pretty, 100% control and very catholic)

Feeling sexy and losing the control…

Kisses

Sonia

Not exactly by choice.

Araminta.

Kimmie
      Lady

This is just theoretical for me as my grandmothers, mother, and sisters have all passed without having given me anything. But, I would treasure an item or two of my mother’s things because they started me on this journey.

Dee Frost
      Baroness - Annual

I was the executor of both parents’ estates, they having died a few years apart. Dad never knew, but my mom knew that I wore her clothes as a young teen. She even helped out a bit, even way back then. She was the only supportive family when I transitioned the first time.

Mom was all of 5’ tall and 102 lbs. So, none of her clothes fit me any more, of course.  BUT, her jewelry was a different story. I’ve had several rings resized. A few bracelets were able to be used, and a few modified. I also wear one of her watches.

When I wear them, I feel special. I know she would be both happy and proud that I am happy wearing her things.

Dee

When cleaning out my aunt’s residence after she passed, I came across a lovely nylon garter belt that was just so pretty and feminine. I could not get myself to just throw it away so I decided to take it for myself. It was a size smaller than I normally wear but loved it just the same.

Hugs,

Emily

Technically, no.  I don’t think my mom knew.

We moved into a Co-op when I was 7.  I moved out when I was 22, and 2 other siblings also moved out, but another brother continued living there with my parents.  My dad died 24 years ago, and my mom died 5 years ago.  My other brother kept living there, but we never cleaned out my mom’s stuff.  He passed away 2 years ago.

Before he passed, I had to take him home from the hospital after cancer treatment.  That night was a November snow that no one was prepared for, and I planned to stay the night and head home the next day.  While there I took an old petticoat that had been crushed in the closet for 50+ years.  It’s old, net with a nylon lining that is probably a bit too short, and a bit scratchy.

The brother who lived with my mom passed 2 years ago.  My other 2 siblings and I went in a couple of times to clean out the apartment, then COVID hit.  One thing I took before COVID hit was a ton of skirt hangers.  After months of not doing anything, we started going in individually to take what we wanted; the rest would be picked up by a junk company.

My last 2 times in the apartment, I went in dressed.  I took a ton of pantyhose (most plain but a few nicer ones), knee highs and socks.  I filled a small ziplock bag (half sandwich size) of loose garter tabs that my mom cut off old fashion girdles.  I took a couple of cotton (unworn) panties.  I found 2 girdles with tags still on (attached by pin, not these nylon threads) from department stores that had closed 20 or 30 years before.  I found a cotton slip and a net tied-waist petticoat. I took a simple black skirt,  a couple of tee shirts, a couple of tank tops and a pair of red sweatpants.  I took two cardigans, one white and one multicolor striped hooded.  I took a couple of wigs.  My brother took all the jewelry but gave to me to look at, and I found some earrings (screw back) and a couple of necklaces. On my last trip I took a couple of dresses my mom would wear to affairs, one a black velour 2 piece dress and the other a summery pastel blue patterned 2 piece dress.

I’ve worn a couple of the stockings and peds, the tee shirts, the skirt, the girdles, and the tank tops.  I’ve also worn the cardigans.

So nothing was technically passed on to me. But I took some items that I liked and thought I might wear, saving it from the junk truck.

Hi
        I cannot reply at the moment but will later
        Great story thank you
        Jaime

To keep the memory of my late wife alive, I wear the same dress she wore on our first date ever. I did it out of love and not greed or want. Every time that I wear it I am reminded of our first date and our good times together. I also wore it with her permission as she was very supportive.

I never got the chance to keep any of mum’s clothing ,the last few years she was in a residential home ,before that and over many years I would go round to mum and dad’s when they were away or out and wear mum’s clothes inc her undies ,she had some lovely outfits inc formal evening wear ,I kept some of my own undies in a large trunk in the loft ,so I had a good selection of undies mum’s or mine to wear under her dresses ,she also had some lovely jewelry I would wear inc clip on earrings.

It is a great shame that I didn’t take some of her clothing ,I certainly would have done given the chance .

Michelle xx

Siobhan
      Lady

not clothing, but after coming out as trans, my mother gave me a ring which belonged to my great grandmother, which is of great sentimental value to both of us.

Hola, lamentablemente mi mama fallecio hace apenas un par de meses y su muerte y ausencia es algo con lo que sigo lidiando, pero pude quedarme con algo de su ropa, ademas de otras cosas (bolsas, carteras, aretes), y si he usado ya algo de su ropa, de hecho el vestido que traigo puesto en mi foto de perfil era de ella, ella me mostro el maravilloso mundo de la feminidad y lo fuerte y a la vez tierna y comprensiva que puede llegar a ser una mujer, mi mayor inspiracion al ser mujer y quien espero me este viendo desde donde esta ahora con una gran sonrisa.
      Saludos a todas

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?