Viewing 30 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

One of the things trans women like us really enjoy is taking pictures of ourselves and sharing them with others. Whether we post them here on CDH, on Flickr, on AllAboutCD, or on any of the other photo sharing sites, we all love to not only see how pretty and feminine we look, but we like to share those photos with others and we like to look at the pictures others have shared. Some of us take hundreds of pictures and post them all, while others of us carefully curate what pictures we share in order to only present the best of our feminine selves.

But before we post those pictures, photo editing and touch up software now makes it very easy for anyone with a digital camera (or cell phone) to be able to edit those pictures. We can remove imperfections, slim our figures, take others out of the picture, and much, much more.

So of course, that got me to wondering…

Do you digitally edit your pictures before posting them online?

Hugs,

Holly

I tried FaceApp once and while I liked the results it wasn’t me.  The only thing I do is use photos to to change lighting and enhance color.

I do a quick auto-enhancement on them, then crop as needed.

Gwyneth
      Lady

Ok I voted so early as to know what I went with!

1) Only one pic has seen the light of the internet. And it is enhanced to the gills with a free app on my phone. Why? In reality, I look like my grandmother. And not the one I liked!

2) I’m old and ugly in male form. My makeup skills only ramps that up.

3) While I wish I could look as wonderful as most of you (Holly, you are definitely ONE!), my primary desired result of crossdressing isn’t looking my best. I seek another outcome!

Come on ladies. Most supermodels we see in print and film are enhanced. Some I believe we would think ugly if we saw them in person in a normal state.

Gwyn

I haven’t voted I’ve never digitally changed my photos, although I’ve often wondered about the face apps where you can change your appearance so you look like a woman, I’ve often wondered what i would look like as a woman and not like a man in drag x

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

J J
      Lady

I do, and it is called digital make up. Some of us dress to be some one different then our day to day persona, so by definition we are changing the way we look. We do it with clothing, prosthetics and make up, so why not digitally?

Just about every photo that has been published is enhanced in some form, including everything by Ansel Adams. Some just more then others. Same is true for any photo I post, some are enhanced more then others. I do it to post the most attractive photo I can, just like when I apply make up, I am trying (but not necessarily succeeding) make my appearance  attractive.

The only thing I do is crop the shot, other than that, what you see is the real me 🙂

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

I don’t understand the reason for doing it, it would create false expectations with the people who want to meet you and get to know you in person. I’m proud of my face (before and after makeup) I’m a little less proud of my physical appearance, but I’m working on it.
      chemotherapy has violently changed my metabilism and took my hair away but wigs exist and I can buy up to a maximum of 5 at a reasonable price since the Italian health ministry takes part in 80% of the cost; but I am proud of my work in progress of diet and training and of course also of my 3 wigs, short wavy and long wavy, all of the same color: ash blonde

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I use Lightroom to adjust exposure, contrast, saturation, etc.  The same kind of adjustments photographers have always made in the darkroom or using software.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I will crop a photo or fiddle with the exposure but no other enhancements. I haven’t the software to do anything else.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

What you see is what you get…that’s what I thought before I even saw the answer options….

I don’t believe in false stuff. I don’t like to fake the pics. For that matter, I don’t do the fake forms either.

I wear the clothes, and that’s it. I did the stuffed bra a bit for a while, but I now think it’s a pain in the ass.

I’ll wear what I want, with my own potato body under it, and that’s that.

have fun out there!

xoxo

Rayna

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Rayna you’re the best looking potato I’ve ever met, LOL!

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Holly,

Well I have to be perfectly honest here, I’m 72 and so far behind technically that I’ll never catch up, just ask my boys. All I use the cell phone for is texting, emails and phoning, that’s the extent of technical abilities. So I think if I was able to even download an app for messing with photos, from my previous battles with the computer, I couldn’t imagine what I would end up looking like but it wouldn’t be pretty. So, just like Rayna said, what you see is what you get!

Trish 💖

Davina
        Lady

Trish, I am with you 100%!

Trish White
          Baroness

I’m glad Davina….I’m not feeling so lonely anymore 🥰

Davina
        Lady

Nope, you get what I actually look like. Technically, I couldn’t do it anyway!

If I think it’s necessary, I will crop the pic like Angela and adjust the light like Emily but never change myself in the pic.  Really what’s the point if you are interested in seeing what you really look like to the world.  I worked in professional video for many years and did work with the same big stars that you see advertised on Vegas strip billboards.  And just like Gwyneth mentioned they are all fixed and adjusted in many different ways.  To get the cash they need the flash.   So they really try hard to always look great but in reality they age like all of us but will do anything they can to not let it show.  It’s a great illusion and keeps the money making machine going.  That’s show business but here on CDH we are just trying to learn and celebrate our successes so, the thought of image fakery just doesn’t belong in my pics.  Thank you Holly for another good question.

Smile,   Click,   Marg

I crop them and if need be change the lighting. Like several others have said. That is all I know how to do. I can’t really ask the grandchildren to help. Although I ask them for anything else I can’t do. I think they would be very surprised how I look.

Revel
      Baroness

Hi Holly,

To answer your question, yes, but only for minor touchups. To be more specific, I may sometimes touch up my eyebrows a bit, but I never alter my face using FaceApp. I like my natural, beautiful face. I’m blessed with a long, thin face, and full lips to make me look very feminine when transformed. 😁❤️

Peace. ✌️

Rev

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Like the majority in this post, I just crop and if needed adjust the lighting.

Too “mature” to know how to do anything fancy like Face App. Whats that?

Caty

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I take a selfie every day I’m dressed (sand don’t forget), partly to track how often I dressed, to see my progress. Those pictures are all snapped and then shared on google photo with my distant family without even cropping them.

When I post pictures somewhere I crop them and maybe changer the over all light but that’s it.

To use some modifying app means you don’t show you, you show some dream of you and to me it’s a bit like lying to your self and others. When you put down your age or weight somewhere, do you adjust them also? How about size of your clothes or shoes? When you change things like that then you lie and you may get in trouble in the end “I’m size 6”, and you get a size 6 dress but since you’re size 20 it doesn’t really fit 🙂

/kl

I always crop photos to remove distracting background items. I often adjust the lighting. I reduce the resolution for web postings in order to load them more quickly.

I seldom do anything to disguise the inner me, WYSIWYG.

Janet Woodham
      Duchess - Annual

I chose other as I crop and adjust lighting and colour but nothing else.

J J
      Lady

Why is touching up a photo any different then touching up our faces with make up? Both change the way we look. Even dressing en femme changes they way we look and hides our male persona (unless of your you are transitioning to your true self.) Are wrinkle reduction creams taboo because they change the way we look? We add blush to make us look like we are blushing like a school girl, and eye shadow to give us those deep, mysterious eyes, why not do it digitally.

I am not trying dupe anybody and I would never post a picture intentionally to be something I am not if I were trying to meet someone. When I dress I am trying to make myself look as feminine as possible and enjoy taking pictures when dressed, so touching them up by removing a few wrinkles or adding a touch of pink on my cheeks is just digital make up.

Anonymous
      Lady

I used to but I haven’t in some time, I was afraid of being judged poorly so I edited. No more, I am who I am! XXOO

Nope they are what they are, I am what I am.

Hi Holly as im not so tech savy as to know even what a crop is except as we grow wheat here in Montana thats a crop right he he .. So i answered no i like me as is ..  Never a touch up you get me as is ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

well I would like to say no but the truth is that yes, I would like to have the freedom to do so but that would imply the possibility of affecting other areas of my life and more importantly affecting people I love and I do not want them to be affected by this part of my personality, where I live and the society where I live is not as open as yours, surely many of you already have a life made but I still have to achieve some big goals in life that could be affected by this situation Furthermore, by doing so, I would somehow be renouncing my masculine identity and I do not want to do it either. I want to get married, find a good woman as a partner and live the relationship from my masculine identity, which I also value a lot, in an ideal society this would not be necessary, but even the prejudices are great and can interfere with things that are valuable to me, perhaps when I have reached them, I may already be able to do so, but my privacy is not nobody’s business and Felicity is a treasure that I don’t want to share with just anyone, only with really important people, like my future wife possibly, the point is that it’s easy to say and criticize me for this, but everyone’s realities are not the same and before that my own right to show myself as I would like, is the consideration and love towards others that are very important and would be affected by this decision, I only hope in God that He gives me wisdom to carry out this process of self-identification as appropriately for me, and especially for my loved ones, hugs for all

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

The way I look at it much if my life is already a lie, why not be truthful with my pics to those that understand. Like the old Turtles song stated: “I am what I am and that’s all I ever can be.” Enjoy who you are, let others know it.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

No.  I mean, NO!  I am what I am and that’s all that I am.  I waited far too long to live life as the “real” me, so I will keep it real, thank you very much.  Yes, a bit of make up to smooth out the rough edges, but no editing or enhancing – it wouldn’t really be me then, would it?

Stevie

Anonymous

Crop and use auto color and level correction, like other have said. Standard stuff that any photographer would do (but probably not as well…). But absolutely no body or face alterations, except on the rare occasion where some unsightly hair is showing and needs to be blurred out…(hey, nobody’s perfect!).

Lexi

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Holly, so the three pictures I have up all are totally untouched and as is. Of course I take about 10 or more of each outfit and post what I believe to be the better of the bunch (have yet to think any is a ‘best’). I keep thinking about one not yet posted though, where I’m in a little more formal wear and I changed the background to be somewhat more appropriate but I haven’t decided whether to post it or not. That would be as far as I would ever even dream of going.  I did attempt once a long time ago to try some kind of editing but my 2 left thumbs kept getting in the way.

Hugs, ChloeC

I spent a lot of time in a darkroom as a photography enthusiast. I started using Photoshop on a Mac SE 30 and have never looked back. It’s more sloth than shame. I can do so much more quickly and inexpensively with apps than with makeup and physical lighting. I don’t slim or de-age, look at my avatar. Friends sometimes ask if it’s a shot of my late mom at my age, which tells me I’m not fibbing too badly. It’s still me as far as I’m concerned.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I tried it once just to see what it would do. That was enough for me. So no, I don’t do anything to my photos. If I can’t be honest with the ladies here, whats the point.

I picked Never but perhaps Other might be more correct.

The Never applies to myself in the photos always, like 100% of the time no change.

What has been altered is removing private/personal “whatever” out of a photo. Example could be family photos on a wall behind me or names and addresses on a package. I have also placed stickers like a heart over faces of those in a photo where I do not have or am uncertain of their agreement.

Sandy

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?