Tagged: 

Viewing 50 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Now that winter has set in here in the upper Midwest, l find myself dressing up less.  I keep my thermostat set pretty low (61) to save on heating bills and just wear a sweater to stay comfortable. As a result, I’m less likely to be motivated to take all my clothes off to dress femme, or maybe I just get lazy. Does cold weather dampen your desire to dress?

No, I dress up more to keep warm.  Haha.

All kidding aside, I have longer skirts, warm tops, long or winter dresses, and plenty of tights to wear. I have an ankle length puffer coat for going out casually, and a red woolen trench coat for more dressy occasions, both with gloves if necessary. I have blazers or sweaters that I could put on as an extra layer. I’m as well prepared to dress in cold weather as in warm.

More time in winter, for sure!
      During the other three seasons, I have projects & chores always to do outside.Requires guy mode, due to nosy, always at home neighbor and the dirty nature of some of the work.
      Come winter, most of my work is inside, and also less chance of company, so more gurl time as I do my online work.
      I have plenty of my own hair, but wearing a wig keeps me even warmer,lol

Hi Kerri,  The only change here is the type of clothing.  I add more layers etc. but also get ready for more parties (Thanksgiving, Solstice, Christmas, New Years, Valentine’s day, and Easter).  This is my time for the heavier full dresses and gowns that I think are more fun.  In summer I go to light breezy clothing that is not as dressy so winter is my time to rock it.  I really enjoy the reveal of taking off a big winter coat and having a party gown underneath.  Then I dance the night away until I have to return again to the snowy parking lot.  Winter is also my quiet time to sew and get my outfits ready so there are a lot of try-ons too.  I keep my sewing room at 68.  The only thing that slows me down is ice and blizzards.  Stay warm!      Marg

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I have a winter wardrobe and a couple of extra layers sees me through.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’m trans so the weather is irrelevant.  But even if I weren’t, I wouldn’t let weather curtail my dressing.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Doesn’t matter to me if it’s cold or warm, I dress most of the time anyway.

I like dressing up for winter, like all the other girls I see around

Cindi C
      Lady

I like the fall and winter outfits.  Knee boots and leather gloves add a nice touch of elegance and dare I say sexy to the outfits.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

The colder weather can be discouraging, but I try to adapt my outfits to the cold weather and spend somewhat more time inside.

It is a pain having to wear heavy coats outside, then walk into a hot store to do some shopping.  I am left with placing a heavy winter coat into my shopping buggy which results in less room for groceries or other purchases.

If I wear a dress, my legs may get cold.  Leggings keep legs warm but don’t give the same effeminate feeling that a dress does.  Boots are ok, but I am really a sandal girl at heart, and I love showing off pretty painted toes with toe rings.  Needless to say, I look forward to the warmer weather!

I tend to dress a lot more in the winter – I usually have more opportunities and my desire to dress is at its strongest at that time of year (it tends to be fairly low over the summer, but reawakens in September or October and reaches a peak in December or January, before gradually declining in the spring).

Karen x

Cindi C
        Lady

It is boots weather 🙂

I live in Florida and even if I was in a cold weather city it wouldn’t make a difference to me. I wear lingerie to bed every night and would still do it regardless of the season or city’s climate.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I do live in the deep south but for us cold is in the 30s. I truly hate it but that doesn’t seem to effect my dressing. However, Nov & Dec does with the time needed for family during the holidays. It seems like those two months just fly by.

If time permits, I dress more in the winter vs. summer.   Since I wear alot of thermal items, like silicone hip/butt pads, shapewear, tights, and a wig all that helps insulate me from the cold so transforming into Wendy is much more enjoyable.  I don’t break out in a sweat which results in makeup running.

Summer on the other hand I dress less due to the heat.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night shall stop me from dressing (at least a bit)

If anything i dress more, underdressing every day also, i love it, keeps me physically warm, and warm in my heart

Anonymous

Like Roberta, I too live in the South, but for me anything below 50 is cold! But the wonderful thing about cold weather is that women have so many more wonderful styles of clothes, sweaters, tights, skirts, dresses and outfits and cute boots and scarves and hats and earmuffs and…. EVERYTHING to wear! So dressing in winter in some ways is almost more fun that dressing in warmer time. And as we all know, women in general have just soooo many more choices of things to wear, which is why it’s so wonderful to be a woman!

Hugs,

Holly

I dress more in the winter. I work in construction and get laid off from December to April, so I have lots of girl time. I don’t need to get all traces of my makeup off and I can leave my finger nail polish on until it needs to be redone. I am cold all the time, even in summer, and I wear lots of layers to keep warm. I am a woman whether I am in a dress or sweatpants, just like the biological females. I go outside as my real self and enjoy the cold air on my shaved legs and stockings. If I am working on a project outside, I have a slip and pantyhose on underneath my Carhartts. Once Christmas is over with, I hope I have more time to contribute to the positive community that I have found here. Thank you all for being here.

If anything I dress more in the winter but I do dress all year long.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Being (way!!) down south of most of you, an Australian winter is when I dress the most. At least in terms of going public.

Australian summers are far too hot for this old chook, (trans chicken)….So its drab shorts and t shirt in the hot weather, usually from November to March. Tho as other Southern Australian CDH’ers well know, climate change has had us back in winter gear until two weeks ago.

As already mentioned elsewhere on this site, I sleep femme every night and dress according to the temperature in my room. Light silk in summer, heavy duty tights and thermal cami in winter

Caty.

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

Summers are very busy for me and my family.  Things slow down a lot in the winter so that’s when I have the most opportunity for girl time.

I mainly underdress so winter is prime time for me in Ohio. Love to layer items under my drab. In winter my daywear tends to be: panty with panty liner, bra with thin inserts, leggings, camisole or short minidress slip, women’s top (like Karen Scott line from Macy’s or Lane Bryant) and women’s fragrance.

Leonara
        Ambassador

Karen, I too am partial to Macy’s fashion and Karen Scott especially with friends & family sales lol.                        Warmest regards, Leonara

Macy’s non stop sales take a toll on my wallet but I love their selection and prices. In the last couple of months I have picked up a half dozen Karen Scott tops. (Will be wearing one today to get a flu shot.) I like the generous sizing, wide choice of colors and patterns, price and comfort. I seem to order something from Macy’s almost every month (free shipping on $25). In addition to tops I order panties, sleepwear, bras (great prices when on sale), robes. Kisses, Kara

I dress way more in the winter. It is simply a matter of more free time and less activites outside. And if it is above zero outside I still may wear a dress.

Anonymous

I find that I have more options to dress in the winter time. I add leggings to the wardrobe. 🙂

Cindi C
        Lady

Especially adding knee boots and leather gloves

Mona
      Duchess

Totally dress more in winter.  Two main reasons: I live in Florida and even with air conditioning, when it is roasting outside I end up sweating in all the padding and shapewear that lies beneath my clothes.  And second, winter gives me more freedom to remove hair on body parts that are otherwise exposed for all to see in summer.   Although removing body hair during the winter months really causes me to be way more sensitive to even slightly colder air, providing a new understanding of why real women seem to always be cold (winter or summer).

i let my leg and chest hair grow in the summer

More for me in the winter, or at least different options. I shave my legs in the winter as soon as shorts season comes to an end. It is too conservative where I live, and I don’t think a guy with shaved legs would be accepted with open arms. More hosiery in the winter as well. Too hot through most of the summer to wear my stockings. In winter I am always underdressed in panties, garter belt, stockings, and sometimes a cute cami.

Hugs,

Emily

Leonara
        Ambassador

I am with you Emily… winter affords the opportunity to shave legs, torso, and arms…and of course, like you, underdressing is the norm… I can’t resist sweaterdresses that accentuate the curves or skinny pants with ankle 3” heals… I guess I am with the majority so far on the poll  I voted No.  to dressing less in the winter lol. Thanks for listening ladies.                          Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas Happy & Healthy New Year…..warmest regards, Leonara

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi kerri, thanks for the post.

I actually dress more in the winter but not by choice. From about the end of June to the end of September I don’t dress very much. We have a place at a lake where we spend a lot of time and have family and friends visit. So during that time I’m in total guy mode. I don’t mind as I really look forward to seeing everyone. Although I do miss sun tanning in my bikini. But for the rest of the year I do make up for lost time and Trish is more than ready to make her appearance as soon as possible

Trish

Julie
      Lady

I dress equally but started to add specific female clothes as add on’s to my female outfit hun to be not so cold with cold weather.

Guy mode? Sorry he left the building some time ago. I got rid of all the male clothing a while back. Skirts, dresses, leggings, nice tops, nice cami, blouses.

I said No because I find it much easier to dress en femme and then cover up if have to. It is easier to go out and no one knows “What lies beneath”
      At home my leggings and a sweat shirt are toasty warm for lounging around. I am en femme most of the day every day while at home and partially if I go out but covered up by man clothes when out.
      Sara

Same here! I love how the winter gives some opportunities for more layers!

I dress about the same amount of time in the winter as during other parts of the year. I am fortunate to live in a part of the country where it does not get excessively cold. I only change the way I dress. I prefer the warmer months when I can wear dresses and skirts because I find that they are more feminine that leggings. I have found that I can dress during the winter and still feel famine when I am out and about. It’s just a matter of degrees.

i have more time to dress in the winter so i just dress warmer

Revel
      Baroness

No! In the northern states, we need to dress more in the winter to stay warm! Haha. Seriously, I don’t work during the winter when it’s very cold so having more time to transform, I dress more. I love wearing my fleeced leggings, and a warm, fuzzy sweater. Winter welcome. ⛄🤍

Revel

Hi ladies,

Winter, spring, summer and fall. Hot, warm, cool or cold, it doesn’t matter because I’m a trans woman and dress appropriately every day. 🙂

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

J J
      Lady

Winter brings different options here in southern California. I get to wear more yoga pants and sweaters in the cooler weather. I also wear more tights, but less bikinis, although in nice days it is still possible to get out on the beach. Since I may have an extra layer I wear forms more when others dressed in drab. I do miss doing housework in sexy lingerie, it is a bit cool even here for that.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I have a good relationship with my wife and one of her rules is that if I wear things out of the house they have to be covered or undetectable. So…..winter is easier because I can comply so much easier.

I live in the midwest Yes!!!!! I love winter because I can leave the house fully dressed and no one will notice hardly or notice at all I can wear whatever I want to I also wear one my new favorite wigs (I have so many) it depends on the day of the week on what I wear or sometimes it’s what I’m feeling to wear but I watch closely what the lady’s around my age wear or my niece to keep up with the fashion and make up tips I have so much more fun in the winter time most definitely verses some I can only wear a bra and panties under my white beater I’m still kinda in my closet stage which is ok for me especially but I have to kinda be discreet as possible but it’s still fun and a rush.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Brenda.

I can dress up more in the wintertime plenty of layers to hide my female clothes underneath.

Me too Samantha. Wear all my girly stuff and no one knows “What lies beneath” and can be a woman all day
        Sara

Denise Little
        Duchess - Annual

Totally agree, you can hide a lot under a parka. Wearing long sleeves allow to hide arms hair which I am not as comfortable to shave. Thights and nylons make my legs look better.

I actually dress more. Since my college age children are away at school it is easier to dress freely around the house and when working from home post pandemic.

Hi Kerri I underdress more in the cooler months ,being a secret cd  I can wear bras .panties and pantyhose for most days 12-15 hours all hidden under layers of outer wear ,not ideal would love to wear all female attire but at present that is not an option ,so wearing  female undies I love to do .

Michelle  xx

That would be me too Michelle. I am a secret CD too.
        I wear my different colors and assortments of panties every day. I threw out all my man panties. I wear my bra’s every day and much easier in the winter too.
        I find now that I don’t feel right if I don’t at least have my panties and bra on. I am 73 and I got the biggest surprise when I went to my doctors for something else and I got brave and asked her about my man boobs which are a very nice and firm size “C” cup and whether I should maybe be wearing a bra so they don’t sag like I have seen some men’s and I near hit the floor when she said if you are comfortable wearing a bra it would probably be a good idea because they will eventually sag if they don’t have help just like a woman’s.
        Still wear drab over top though and guess that won’t change
        Sara

74 here. First thing in the morning is pick out a bra and panty. The only way to start the day.

Seasons don’t make a difference for me and I go out as often as possible.

What I wear does change though and you’re much more likely to see me in pants/jeans and booties over seeing legs. My plans for the day ultimately decide on what I will wear.

I do prefer warmer days over rainy wet and windy.

Sandy

Not for me…the winter is my busy season.    I love chunky sweaters and boots!

Hello:in dress more because i have to add more lingerie&layee up..i learned it from my mother:long skirt of velvet/wool underneath 1-3halfslips &a maxium denier pantyhose 50-80denier

Dresses midi&maxi skirt midi&maxi  are made in winter quality too..the material is thicker mostly wool or wool cotton blend

I love all the seasons it gives me the opportunity to show off my wardrobe after all you have to dress properly for the season.  The best thing about winter is I can always wear my bra everywhere and no one knows.

Harriette
      Lady

In a word, no.

Cold weather affords lots of opportunities to underdress. At least that was my experience in my first winter of crossdressing.

61°? Wow. I live in The Great White North and that would even be to much for me. 🥶

Harriette,

I have always been very warm blooded and since I’m alone I can do what I want.  A T-shirt and a thermal underwear type shirt keeps me plenty warm.

Syndee
      Lady

I said no and much like the other ladies here I dress more in the winter. Like most I love the fact that I can put on a bra and maybe even my forms and wear a jacket that hides it more or wear some silky pantyhose under a pair of skinny jeans and get away with it.

I am actually able to underdress with more. I am outside with my job. Here in Ohio, that means I get to add wool lined tights and leggings to my wardrobe under my uniform pants

Janet Woodham
      Duchess - Annual

If anything I dress more in the winter and if the weather is too bad to go out that simply means I experience a few days full time as Janet.

Anonymous

Like many others here, I find it more convenient to dress in the winter. Particularly, it’s easier to hide more underdressing, like bras and stockings. In hotter, southern United States weather, panties are all I’m able to get away with. Full dressing is reserved for solo, out-of-town business trips for the most part.

I find that I can underdress more. Just a bra under my sweatshirt. Also nothing feels better than pantyhose with no undies rubbing in nylon ski pants.

Viewing 50 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?