Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Over the years we have all either used the phrase, “dressing up” to be our femme selves or have heard of others saying the same thing.

However, for many years now in my own case, I am not “dressing up” to be Caty, when I start this process. I am merely “getting dressed” to be the true female that lives inside me.

What do others think??

Happy dressing

Caty

NB I posted this almost 3 years ago, some recent posts about “dressing up” have prompted me to post it again. These days since I sleep femme every night, after my shower I am “dressing for bed”.

Tho the “downer” on this is I usually have to go drab in pj’s for an hour or two before bed, (DADT SO!!), but bra, panties and cami do go on under the drab, breast forms to go in when I’m finally “solo” in my own room and ready to “rest my weary bones”

I definitely support the use of the phrase “getting dressed,” for the reasons you mentioned.
      Fredrika Jones

Caty –

Never gave it much thought but of the 2 I would have to go with “getting dressed”.  Recently my wife has asked if Suzanne would like to visit.  When I went to change I told her I was going to get dressed.  To me “dressing up” is what one does when going someplace fancy or for a holiday get together (although there aren’t many that do that any more).

It’s funny, the first time my wife asked about Suzanne visiting was Easter.  She said no one dresses up for Easter anymore so if Suzanne would like to it would be nice.  I spent the day in a pretty blue print dress my wife had given me.  It was a first and was an enjoyable day.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Suzanne, sounds so wonderful that your wife likes to see Suzanne looking pretty and encourages her to come on out.  It is special to me when my wife asks about or calls me stephanie.

Steph –

It is special, especially considering up until recently she wasn’t as open.  I consider myself to be very lucky that she is becoming so accepting.

I’m happy for you that your wife is so accepting.

XOXO
          Suzanne

I kind of bounce between them. Probably because whenever I do get dressed as Jenny I tend towards something a lot more involved and fancy than my male self. Male self is just pants and shirt and done. But Jenny requires some time to put on make-up, a nice dress and a lot of work.

Hi Caty,

I knew when I was 4 years old that I was supposed to be a girl, so throughout the years, whenever I borrowed a few things from my mom or my sister’s wardrobe, I always considered them to be proper attire for me.  Later, after leaving home and living by myself, I acquired my own wardrobe and have always shopped for MY clothes. So, living now as a woman, every day I’m “getting dressed”.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

For me, these days, it’s just “getting dressed”. Living on my own, I hardly ever wear “man clothes” so, it’s just normal to put on a bra, pull on panties & add a dress, skirt & top, or just leggings & top.

Out of habit I use dressing up.  Since I do this so seldom it seems to be the right phrase.

Living by myself for me I just always look at it as getting dressed. I dress up in drab to go to work or to see my kids. On days I don’t have to work I get dressed before I leave my bedroom I have gotten a few pairs of woman’s jeans that fit pretty good and have been wearing them out shopping more and more, they fit so much better then my drab jeans.

Anonymous

Pretty much the same for me. I get dressed as a woman on a daily basis. I may on special occasions get “dressed-up” meaning a fancier, more formal outfit.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I live the majority of my life as a woman so for me it is merely getting dressed.

Getting dressed. Dressed up is for special occasions.

ChloeC
      Duchess

It would be nice to have more time, to be able to change into different combinations and outfits, but lately when I dress it’s been slacks and a top with bra and panties. I don’t consider that dressing up, I just think of it as day to day wear.  Where I am right now, I just don’t have the time available as I have had times in the past – which I’ve mentioned in other posts such as 2, 3 and almost 5 day periods where I was able to change each day and change between daytime wear and evening wear. But I do what I can.

Hugs, ChloëC

I’ve looked at it that way before but it makes sense, when I’m able to be Christy it’s simply getting dressed. I have a new respect and way of looking at it now, Thank you so much for sharing this!

Since I can rarely do it and I glam up for it it is dressing up for me. But if I could dress how I wanted when I wanted it would be dressing most of the time.

Dressing up has always meant wearing fancy clothes for special occasions. It just so happens that almost all of my fancy clothes are women’s. The “nice” menswear I own is still pretty drab, and I always feel weird in it, like a smarmy used car salesman or something; it doesn’t get worn often. Outside of work, I can dress however and whenever I want, so if my wife and I are going out together she’ll often ask if I want to “dress” which never means en drab, so we always just say “dress”. Looking forward to dressing for the opera!

Well I’m not full time but I do dress a lot and I’ve been wearing panties , a bralette and pantyhose ( in the cooler weather) daily so I call it getting dressed. Some times I’ll say to the wife “ I’m going up to put something on) which means I’m dressing femme.  It’s become second nature to shower and put on my panties and bra, woman’s deodorant and a touch of perfume now.

I’m far from full time, and dont know that I ever will be. I do wear a bra (and falsies), stick with male briefs. (Texas heat can be an issue). Its a sporadic thing with me, but I enjoy it when I going out as Janette.

Hi Caty
      For me it’s Sarah time.
      xx

I only dress up for special occasions, otherwise, I just get dressed.
      Being gender fluid, I am totally masculine or totally feminine at any given time for any given length of time so I don’t distinguish between either, I just get dressed. I love my pj’s and when female always wear forms 24/7.

J J
      Lady

I mostly just get dressed, but do like to dress up on occasion, meaning a particularly nice dress, special lingerie, et cetera. I haven’t had a chance to go out all “dressed up”, but hope to some day. The main differentiation I often use is dressing en femme, which to me means mostly women’s clothing. I avoid the term crossdressing.

Julie
      Lady

I say dressing up or I could say getting beautified but mostly I say changing my outfit for the day after getting up and changing my outfit after a shower honey. Since I’m happier as a woman. I do dress up. So I am transgendered without the 100% look 24/7 currently hun.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?