Viewing 34 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi everyone, I just wondered have any of you been stopped by the police whilst dressed as your feminine self. If so what was their reaction and what did you say. I say this as I often go out in the day and evening as Sandra in my car.

Anonymous

By the way it has never happened to me and I wonder how I would react. If it was at night I could say I am going to a party.

K Swim
      Lady

I’ve taken that risk, but never pulled over while dressed.

Several times while late at night, I have taken the risk of driving at night while wearing only a one piece swimsuit with breast forms. This would be after spending the day at a lake fishing, and staying long enough to take a swim under the cover of darkness. The road I take to get home is next to a legal drag racing course, and people going home from there decide to continue their competition illegally on that road. All I need to do is obey the speed limit and law enforcement will not even pay attention to me.

Anonymous

You are so lucky I cannot imagine most police being so nice especially in the UK but times have moved on and gender identity can be accepted now.

Hi Sandra,

Last year I was stopped by a local policeman while out dressed.  He was very professional.  Asked for license and registration to check for any history.  He let me off with a warning.  If out driving enfemme obey the speed limits and laws of the road.  If you are stopped answer all questions simply.

Alice

Anonymous

Hiya, why did he warn you, were you breaking the law?

Yes, more than once, I was terrified, but they were nice and as it was just to check on some minor deal, like one of my license plate lights wasn’t working, it was all fine.

Anonymous

That is ok then as I did not think it was against the law to impersonate a woman.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been going out as patty since I was 18. Never been stopped by police but I have had police cars behind me several times. I was very nervous about being stopped. Fortunately I never was.

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I have always driven dressed and being a nurse have stoped a few times to assist at a motor collision, where I have had to give statements to the police at the time.

I was stoped in a routine check once after a night out and just presented my documents in my drab name, which moved on to a discussion on transgender and an invite to talk at the diversity training  at the police headquarters …

So never judge a book by its cover as there are nice police officers out there who are trying do a professional job.

The one and only time I was in the ‘hot seat’ so to speak, I was spotted breaking the glass to the window of my car having locked the doors with the keys in the ignition at a fuel station at 2am in the wilds of Scotland on the way back to my RAF base when dressed !  It coincided with a ‘manhunt’ for a serial attacker who drove up and back along the roads I happened to be driving .. After about 30 mins of questions and then them telling me how to break into my car… I was off with no issues – other than they passed on the information to the RAF to confirm who I was … which stared another story …. (see my blog as its a long one!)

(However, I am British – so not sure how this reflects in other far flung places !)

Anonymous

I haven’t yet.  But I did pick up my car at the body shop in full femme.

Hi Sandra That is a huge fear of mine. In the past when I was younger and brave I would drive 50 Miles once a week to a private club for cross dressers and and transexuals. I did not even think about it . I would leave the house with all my undergarments under male clothes and no make up. I would return late at night fully dressed make up and wig. Now the only thing i wear out driving is fem casual wear jeans and top maybe bra some times No wig or make up. I just do not want to experience that stop and handing over that license  with the picture of some tired old man when i am feeling pretty and cute. Luv Stephanie

Anonymous

Hiya, I still drive as Sandra though mainly at night but am careful to drive safely so I don’t attract attention. You always worry as well there may me guys digging the road up and you have to stop at a barrier and they come and talk to you. Sometimes there are temporary traffic lights as well and being a single lady at night has its problems so I always lock the car doors especially on  lonely roads.

Rebecca Leeann Allen
      Baroness - Annual

I was stopped by an Arkansas state trooper back in 2014 , he told me i was texting and driving i didn’t have my phone out it was in my purse. He had me step to the back of the car. I was in full dress including makeup. he let me off with warning.

Rebecca

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I’ve never had that happen to me, though it is a possibility as I go out several times a month dressed up. One time I was running rather late, and without thinking about it I found myself driving WAY above the speed limit. Slowed down and keep my head!

Amy

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Extracted from a “mini novel” I wrote some years back

<u>FLASHING BLUE MOON” YOU CAUGHT ME DRIVING ALONE!!</u>

. Driving around Perth Western Australia late one night dressed, imagining I’m Caty the “female rep” for my company. Up and down a couple of dark streets in industrial estates wasn’t smart, attracted the attention of “Perth’s finest”. Flashing lights, the works….Rule one when dressed. Dont drink alcohol;. Rule 2. Carry your drivers licence. 3/. Be polite to the nice constable. Nett result. “Think you should head back to your hotel now…… SIR…..”

Think film, “Just Like A Woman” Our hero/ine goes out on the town, gets pulled over by the cops, spends night in cells in his/her “finest”

Happy dressing (and driving)

Caty

Anonymous

It takes awhile getting used to driving in heels.

Anonymous

Hiya, many thanks for your thanks and replies on driving. I just wanted to say I found it difficult driving in heels as my feet seem smaller ( a good thing ) and you need more pressure on the clutch to change gear or so it feels. Also difficult to keep your eyes on the road as you cannot resist checking your make up in the rear mirror lol.

Anonymous

So, driving in heels is really dumb, dumb and did I say dumb? . I know many GG’s who wisely wear sensible shoes while driving. For one thing it can really ruin nice heels. lol. But seriously now, how often do you practise driving in heels? How well do they actually fit? What kind of surface are you guaranteed exiting the vehicle? And You are not just responsible for your own convenience and safety behind the wheel, but literally everyone in your path. It’s not rocket surgery girls. Get some nice, safe flats for the car!

I’ve been stopped a couple of times in town by the locals for minor things, but the one that made me most nervous was being stopped by a State Trooper out on the highway to Amarillo for a party and dance.  I had gotten dressed before leaving the house and was zooming down the highway as it was getting dark when he lit me up with the red and blues.  I went into immediate panic mode.

Turned out one of my tail lights was burned out, but as macho as people think Texas State Troopers are, he was one of the politest men I have ever encountered.  He gave me a warning citation to show any other officers that might pull me over that I had already been told about it, then let me go on my way, and even told me to be careful and have fun.

PaulaF

Anonymous

When I say heels they were only 2 and half inch ones it just felt different and lighter than my normal male shoes.

[postquote quote=324269][/postquote]
      For any long distance driving I suggest flats on those feet too. As far as the police are concerned dont be cause they will only arrest you if youre drunk or drugged not for driving as a cd. That is not a driving violation.

A while back I started a thread here about my experience of being stopped by a police officer. Search for a thread called:

Driving While Femme…

Nothing untoward happened, but it was a very odd experience.

I am dressed about 80% to 90% of the time when I leave my house. If I’ve chosen to wear heels for my outfit, that’s what I will wear when driving. My MINI has a 6-speed manual transmission. I’ve never owned a vehicle with an automatic. One thing I cannot do when driving in heels is a Heel & Toe Downshift. When you downshift, you either have to use the clutch to drag the engine up to the speed it needs to be or you use the Heel & Toe method to match in engine revs to the speed of the transmission. With the toe on the brake pedal, you tap the gas pedal with your heel or the side of your foot to bring the engine revs up. Due to arthritis and lack of flexibility in my right ankle, I can’t do this when wearing heels. For the same reason, I don’t wear very high heels. They are 2 1/2” to 3 1/4”…

Too funny! It’s hard enough to master “heel-toe” while walking in heels but doing it while driving too. Can a lady ever catch a break?

I have the same situation. Wearing heals while driving manual transmission is challenge but a challenge I am thrilled to take on. Now I know why women have basic flats tucked under the driver side seat.

I had another experience which was most interesting.  I was fully dressed heading to a local gay bar for an evening out.  I was stopped at a red light when a drunk driver ran the red light coming the other way and T-boned a car that was going across the intersection in front of me and sent the car spinning across the intersection heading right at me.  As there were cars stopped next to me and behind me there was nothing I could do but watch and hope the spinning car would stopped before it hit me.  It didn’t but it was a soft hit on the front driver side of my car.  It was a huge wreck and after the car bounce off of me and the light turned green I was hoping my car was drivable and I could get out.  Nope, as I slowly made a right to head off on the side street it was clear I wouldn’t be able to go far and had to park on the street.  I called AAA to  come tow my car and had no clue what was going to happen.

Many of the others around me at the intersection park behind me and in front of me.  The police and ambulances arrived.  One lady who walked by my car asked if I was alright, I nodded yes and she said they had let the cops know I was hit in the accident.  Then a fireman showed up at my drivers window asking if I was alright and had I been hit.  At first he didn’t realize I was a CD, but when I had to roll the window down and point to my front end he got it.  What a surprised look I got from him, but he was cool about it.

As I sat there hoping the tow truck would get there soon, the police showed up at my door, one guy and a female rookie.  The guy cop told her to handle it and she asked me to get out the car so she could interview me.  I was wearing a short dress and did as asked, she never missed a beat and asked me to go to the back of my car with my registration, etc.  Her partner stayed with us and I gave a statement as to what happened.  They were both nice to me and never made me feel uncomfortable.  Once done they left and went back to sitting in my car and waiting for the tow truck.  Luckily I had a guy pair of pants and jacket in the car and put them on over my dress.  My nails were polished, but there was nothing I could do about it.  I am sure the tow truck driver notice, but he didn’t say anything and ended giving me a ride to where I was staying after we dropped my car off at a body shop parking lot.

The whole  thing ended up I the local paper with me only be identified as the other car in the accident.  Whew….it all ended okay.

Wow! You win! I think you checked all the boxes on who you could’ve run into.

Never been stopped, but have stopped to assist at a crash twice. Got one quick look from a fireman before she returned to the task at hand. Interviewed by police about what happened with complete professionalism.

Had a flat once and was getting ready to change it when a nice young man stopped to help me. I was all fixed up and he flirted a bit and even asked me out! I was already committed so I just hugged him and thanked him for the attention.

This is a thread that I started a while back about my experiences…

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/driving-while-femme/

As far as driving with heels, I do most of the time. My MINI has a 6-speed manual transmission (I’ve never owned an automatic). The only thing that I can’t do when hearing heels is heel & toe downshifts (not enough flexibility in my right ankle).  In order to rev match for a downshift, this is toe on the brake pedal and heel or side of the foot touches the gas pedal to bring the engine revs up to match the transmission revs.

I can’t wear very high heels. In my case, they would be 2 1/2” to 3 1/4”…

Sandra:

Sorry this didn’t get posted when I wrote it. Seems it fell into an approval queue and just got released yesterday…

I have only driven as Wendy a few times, and I find my demeanor changes like night and day when I am driving en femme.

I find I am not as aggressive, and I follow all rules of the road.  So to answer the question, I have not been pulled over when driving en femme.

One thing I still haven’t figured out is hopping into/out of my truck dressed in a tight pencil skirt without revealing the goods to the world.

Anonymous

Hi Deeanne, I find when wearing heels I have to lift my foot completely off the pedals and not do heel to toe pivots.

Anonymous

Wendy Swift wrote “One thing I still haven’t figured out is hopping into/out of my truck dressed in a tight pencil skirt without revealing the goods to the world.”

Wendy,  I mangage by setting my butt on the seat first, then pivoting while lifting my knees.  Stepping in foot first does  tend to flash the world.

Does anyone remember the Mythbuster episode where Adam and Jamie were driving in red 4 inch high heel shoes?  Their conclusion was that it didn’t impair their ability, despite having to lift their foot off of the pedals.  So don’t let that be a concern.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I’ve gone driving a few times en femme. I have not yet had this experience with the police…

It is an interesting question.  I can’t wait to read the other answers.

Dala

There was a time 20 plus years ago (wow, that long!!), that for Halloween I was dressed as a southern belle with heels. I drove from the local B&B to the party with them on without issue.

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Ok, so this is a weird urge this evening.. I replied to this earlier.

Then I was in the mood to dress, but also in the mood to get out of my hotel room.

So, I dressed up  in a cute T-shirt dress, bra/panties and 3 inch heels….

I walked out of the hotel, got into my car and drove around for an hour…

Went back to the hotel and walked in through the lobby…

I was thinking about the Police thing the ENTIRE time I was moving, lol.

XOXO

Dala

C

Hi Girls!

Driven lots of times en femme, never been stopped though, I must be such a careful driver!

Couple of points to underline (touched on below but just to be clear):

1) Never drive in heels! Aside from ruining the heels they can get stuck under the pedals (it happened to me!) and jam the gas pedal. In low 1″ court shoes maybe, but otherwise forget it!

2) Getting in and out the golden rule is knees together! In: gently sit down turned sideways, lift knees together and swivel into seat, put down legs. Getting out is the opposite: knees together, lift legs, swivel on seat, feet on ground and rise up. It is also better for your back that way!

I do usually throw a bag of drab in the back just in case I breakdown, not that I’m scared just don’t want to ruin my best party frock changing a tyre!

S

[postquote quote=362201]

I tend to have to lift my feet irrespective of the shoes I’m wearing. Right ankle has limited movement up and down and no roll…

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?