Viewing 26 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Well I was talking to my dear friend Stephanie Plumb, and we both mentioned Dunking or biscuits. So I was wondering how many girls on here enjoy dunking their biscuits in a cup of tea or coffee. I must admit I dunk all my biscuits, but, do you dunk, and what’s your favorite biscuit you like to dunk. Or are you a non drunker.

I just love all you British sisters. I know the old fashioned way of thinking about this topic. But being a Yank, I’ll abstain from any opinion on the subject. [side note:] Despite being American, I do have a lovely collection of biscuit barrels.

Anonymous

Mika, just have to try sweetie, there must other nationalities than dunk, go on have a go you only live once.

Okay, okay. Even though I was raised that a proper lady doesn’t dunk, I’m a dunker. That being said, I definitely wouldn’t do it at certain restaurants (the kind that would have a dress code) but anyplace less formal is no big deal to me. Times are definitely different now than when I was a kid.

Anonymous

Mika

dunking biscuits in certain restaurant’s???….do you think that bothers the English….this is a nation that used to dunk witches!!!!

we are getting better honey

Grace ❤️❤️

Evelyn
            Lady

Grace, that made me laugh xx

We used to dunk witches also, as a nearby road signifies “Witchduck Road”. I don’t know of a biscuit duck road though. I’ll agree to disagree as to terminology, and say that I do dunk cookies, being American. I watch a huge amount of British television and always enjoy the little differences in our shared language. Two people separated by a common language indeed.

Anonymous

Mika, I agree there is times and places that it’s not the etiquette to dunk, but home is definitely one, now I hope you voted sweetie, we are all girls together where ever we live, no boarders in CDH my darling. XX

IsabelB
      Lady

You mean there are strange people who don’t dunk?!  Wow….

Isabel x

Anonymous

Isabel, what is not to like about dunking, but I guess there is some who don’t sweetie. Xx

Anonymous

DUNKER!!!

Tea or coffee, doesn’t matter…as long as you have a nice big cup

Hob knobs digestives or custard creams…

….but be warned….the difference between Agony and Ecstasy….is micro seconds……AKA…

dreamy and creamy…….

or gosh!! and splosh

happy dunking girls!!!!

Grace xxx

Anonymous

Gosh absolutely right Grace timing is critical in dunking, although I had a splosh with me biscuit talking to Stephanie today, bad form I know.

Anonymous

Amanda, I completely understand….talking to Stephanie, by the time you can get a word in…..

you are mush!!!!

Anonymous

Well Grace I know, it’s that devastating moment, when your frozen in time, just as the biscuit breaks it back and plops in. Even worse when you desperately try to retrieve it as floats for a few seconds, and all you do is  burn your fingers and sink it like a torpedo strike

Anonymous

I always dunk my biscuits in my tea,

Chocolate digestives are my favourite ones.

It’s a very delicate process how long to leave them in,

Too long and you end up with a sludgy mess in the bottom of your cup,

Hugs Rozalyne x

Anonymous

God yes Rosalyn chocolate ones require real skill, so  you don’t destroy the chocolate topping in the dunk.

Anonymous

[postquote quote=415415]
      Gosh maybe witches were thought to be biscuits Grace.

Anonymous

I think you have a point, apparently once witches got soggy, they were fished for but were never seen again!!!!

Anonymous

Why are these historical people true facts not taught in school Grace?.

At the moment there’s nearly 50% of replys who don’t dunk! I don’t believe it, surely everyone dunks?

Breakage is a problem though, particularly if your technique is poor. Nothing is less lady-like than fishing around in a hot cup of tea searching for broken biscuit bits 🙂

Rachel xx

Anonymous

Rachel sweetie, hopefully more dunkers will break cover and vote, many still think it’s something girls just don’t do or admit to. I agree technique is the key to a successful dunk. . My grandfather was a great dunker and he would always ask  me to pass  his “sloppy  shovel” (spoon) for biscuit recovery.

Anonymous

Confused… Stephanie says when she takes 2poos for walkies, she takes the ” sloppy shovel”….surely no connection???

Anonymous

Well my grandfather always called sunken biscuits in the bottom as the (sh** bits)  maybe  there is a connection if 2POOS eats dog biscuits, both implements seem to have a similar job Grace, or it might just be a coincidence.

Krista
      Duchess

Very creative topic Amanda, thanks.  While I don’t dunk all my biscuits, I have to admit that I always dunk my Arrowroot cookies in my cup of tea.  And as mentioned, timing is critical else you end up with a mess. Stay healthy, stay safe, All the Best, Hugs, Krista

Anonymous

Bless you Krista, happy dunking, and you keep safe too sweetie xx

Anonymous

With so many UK ladies here, someone should publish a translation for British-American English. I only know the UK English I picked up from watching Dr Who; so I don’t dunk biscuits, but I do dunk cookies when I’m having hot tea (which I do often during the Winter months). And I sometimes have the one without the other.

Hugs across the pond,
      Bettylou

Anonymous

Betty Lou sweetie cookies come under the remit of biscuits here in the UK my darling, and very tasty too, fabulous and extremely delicious, it’s hard to resist not eating the whole packet xx

Anonymous

Bettylou

love you darling but don’t rely on Dr Who…dunk a Dalek and they get really p****d off

big huggs, grace ❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous

Duly noted, Scarlett; but Daleks are pussycats…it’s those stone Angels you dare not take your eyes off.

Bigger hugs,
          Bettylou

Anonymous

[postquote quote=415474]
      Yeah they will exterminate the bloody biscuits, or get fruity with the biscuit barrel

Evelyn
      Lady

My favourite biscuit for dunking…it just has to be Rich Tea
      Not to be confused with that singing biscuit….that’s Lionel Richtea.
      xx

Anonymous

That’s funny Evelyn, this is exactly what we want girls to do, inject some humor into things now and again. xx

Anonymous

Gimme, gimme, gimme a biscuit for dunking,

Won’t somebody help me choose a packet  or two.

Gimme, gimme, gimme, a biscuit a dunking,

Take me to larder the dark ones are there,

Gimme, gimme gimme a biscuit for dunking,

Opps I’ve dropped the packet it’s crumbs everywhere,

There not a dunker in sight,

No one to hear my prayer,

Dunking, dunking, dunking, a biscuit at Christmas, half the bloody thing have dropped in the chair,

Is that a packet, where,

Look just over there,

Gimme, gimme, gimme a packet after midnight,

Just in case I wake to  dunk in the night.

Anonymous

Amanda…..brilliant!!!

….just had a phone call from Benny and Bjorn’s lawyers…..are you in trouble!!!

They wanted to know who you were…I told them you were ” The Dunking Queen”

Anonymous

Just had several biscuit manufacturers on the phone, but Abba won’t let me use their music. Ahhh. Dunking Queen like it Grace very good sweetie. XX

I like to dunk,  but not for to long.  So relived this is related to biscuits.  I thought it may be some technique to hide unwanted bulges.

Jen

Being American and only being very sparsely acquainted with British custom and etiquette, I have never had a proper biscuit. Where I am from if you ask for tea it has Ice and is sweet. My Northern sisters would have it unsweet. With that said I am not sure I am really qualified to answer the question. However, if we are talking about cookies then an Oreo is not safe around me with a glass of milk. It will be dunked and eaten quickly. 🤣

Anonymous

Maria, cookies come under the remit of biscuits in the UK, and as you say you dunk them in milk, so technically your classified as a dunker sweetie xx

I do dunk,  although I am only a part time dunker.

But When I do dunk, I dunk like it’s going out of style.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Not a dunker…by British standards anyway.

But this…chocolate chip cookies straight out of the oven…dipped into a glass of ice-cold milk…Mmm!

Anonymous

Emily sweetie, your a dunker xx

Any one who has followed proper protocol when enjoying a lovely Oreo should end the denial and admit they are a dunker.

You just cannot twist that delicious cookie apart and use your two front teeth to delicately scrape that sweet icing filler from the inside of the cookie.  Then, putting both halves of the cookie back together, dunking them into a nice wide mouth, ice cold glass of milk, then pop it all into your mouth.

Only one way to devour an Oreo!  Any other way should be illegal.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Paula, the official Oreo eating standards officer, all malpractice of Oreo eating will be investigated and could be  punished by heavy fines, temporary purchase bans, and  for serial abuses life time bans or  jail time.

Text cookies stoppers hot line /Paula c/o, CDH no cookie should suffer abuse.

Remember a cookie is not just for Christmas.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I was curious what dunking was. I thought it was a new phrase or description of something I wasn’t familiar with. Well, I was somewhat surprised to discover what it actually is. Funny I hadn’t thought of it being that.

In the Southern part of the United States we dunk mint in our juleps.
      Biscuits are for gravy, and tea is sweat and cold. You’d never mix the two. 😉

Anonymous

Hi Bobbie, well if you dunk your gravy, your a dunker sweetie xx

Trisha
          Duchess

It’s not really a dunking of the biscuit in the gravy as it is a drowning of the biscuit with the gravy.

PS. Gravy is actually a food group in the south.

Mona
      Duchess

‘Though Brits dunk their digestives in tea

It’s not how it’s done ‘cross the sea

Yanks and their ilk

Do their dunking in milk

Is it time for a dunking treaty?

Anonymous

Mona, sweetie hi.

Well certainly no war here my sweetie, dunk and be happy how ever you like my darling. It’s a international activity with a common link the act it’s self, regardless to the substance to which the biscuit is dunked in.

Dunk and be happy sweetie, ta ta xx

Anonymous

As long as I can remember, chocolate chips are still my fave.

Seren
      Baroness

Brit here, so yes, obviously 😀🙄
      I remember the blurb for the steampunk festival that was being held in my old home town in Somerset which talked about ‘dunking duels’…… make of that what you will

S x

Anonymous

Seraphina…I’m so glad we have stopped dunking witches…..there are nice ones now!!!!

Anonymous

Grace how do know witch ones are witch. He he.

OK I know 🤦

Anonymous

Grace how do know witch ones are witch. He he.

OK I know 🤦

Anonymous

Well apparently, the witch which needed to be dunked was the witch which bewitched whichever person thought she was a witch….according to which? magazine!!!

grace 💋

Sir Bedeviere told the village how to tell if an accused woman was a witch just before he left on the Quest for The Holy Grail:

“Witches are made of wood, therefore they will float on water.  What else floats on water?  A duck.  Therefore, if the witch weighs the same as a duck, logically she is a witch.”

Not exactly word for word, it has been a while since I saw the movie, but, for the time, the logic seems right.  LOLOL.

PaulaF

Well, the lady was on accused because she turned one fellow into a newt!  (He got better . . . )

Mikey

Anonymous

Seren, yes sweetie that a great game to play, although it can be a bit messy, no much fun on your own sweetie xx

Seren
      Baroness

[postquote quote=416032]

I think they meant biscuits 🍪 but it could’ve been anything 🤣

Emily
      Lady

Not one for biscuits and tea but, I have been known to dunk a celery stalk or and olive into a Bloody Mary or Martini. Probably a different poll is needed for that discussion. 🍹🍸

Anonymous

Technically Emily, you are a dunker, welcome aboard girl !!!!

Anonymous

Well Emily your a dunker, you are absolutely right I should have expanded the poll to include other options, I will bare that in mind for the future.

Ha ha can you imagine the reaction of the bar person, when they  ask you would you like an olive in your martini madam, no thanks I’ll have a celery stick. Absolutely priceless to walk from the bar with one in the martini. Thanks Emily that really tickled me pink sweetie, ps I love celery might actually try this out

Mary Francis
      Duchess

I am  a donut dunker, into coffee!  Biscuits never!

In the US it tends to be doughnuts in coffee. I tried it decades ago, didn’t like it and never saw a reason to test that again…

Leslie
      Lady

[postquote quote=415770]
      Unfortunately over here we can’t get real Cadbury any more (well maybe at a Brit shop). We get a nasty milk chocolate labeled Cadbury made by Hershey who bought right to the name over here. Made me give up all Hershey products in protest. Please sent some real Cadbury my way ASAP!!

Anonymous

Gen…you are Def not a weirdo…just the wrong ingredients….try dunking wafers or marshmallows in Bailey’s…mmm

Anonymous

Gen sweetie you are not a weirdo my darling, you just need to get with the dunking programme, mmmmmm don’t think I could violate my vodka with a biscuit

Anonymous

Stephanie sweetie, I am impressed, you have dignified my post with an artistic quote. God I love bourbon biscuits too. The perfect chocolate dunkers next rich tea.

Dunk dunk sweetie ❤️u. Ps does 2poos like bourbon biscuits?.

Anonymous

Oh yes, Peak Frean’s bourbon cream biscuits with a cup f tea, heaven.

Anonymous

It’s Rei ‘s technique Stephanie to complicated

Anonymous

Gosh really, well I ‘ve never had a dog, good job then. 2poos love Cheddar cheese,  or biscuits?.

Anonymous

If it’s Cadburys it probably hits the sloppy shovel looking exactly like it did when it went in!!!….unless it’s fruit and nut…. miraculously the fruit stays in…

I had too cross my legs when I saw the title

Jen

😬

Anonymous

Grace, sweetie, are you saying Cadbury chocolate is sh**, or just taste like sh**, or just looks like sh**. Extremely complicated sweetie, help!!!! 

Anonymous

“One sheet” does it all Stephanie. 😉

Anonymous

Christ Stephanie, need hell of a hang bag, boxes of Tena ladies, and celery.

Buy a packet of celery get a Tena free.

AKA, Whiz…

Anonymous

Has to be Tyrrells then Stephanie “Tyrrellablely tyrrellablely tasty. One pack of crisps feeds a family of four for a month. Dunking well you need a crane.

Anonymous

A tena for celery.. that’s a bit pricey

Anonymous

There John Lewis, celery Grace

Viewing 26 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?