Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

One of the fun things about being a woman is getting to wear makeup, and doing our eyes so that they really “pop” is part of the craft of doing our makeup. One of the key items to making our eyes really look pretty and standout is eye liner. But there’s so many different ways to apply it that you can vary your look, depending on what you’re wearing or where you’re going.

For me, my default look is to use eye liner all the way on both my top and bottom eyelids. That way my eyes really stand out. But sometimes I just put some on the top, or maybe on the top and part of the bottom, or only on the bottom. I also sometimes do “cat’s eyes” for that more mysterious look.

So of course, that got me to wondering…

What’s your favorite way to apply eye liner?

Hugs,

Holly

Elaine
      Duchess

Eyeliner is the hardest part of putting on makeup for me.

Amy Lee
        Lady

A recent game changer for me has been from a women’s forum saying to apply your eye makeup before your foundation so that if you make a mistake and have to fix it, you won’t have to smudge off and reapply the foundation again.

Samantha Lynn
          Duchess

That is a wonderful suggestion Amy…I am going to try that idea…and it makes sense lol

I always put eyeliner on top and bottom of the eyes.  If I am lazy I just stop there, but sometimes I go a little further out and make egyptian style eyeliner or fishy style eyeliner for something different.

Hi Holly,

Thin black liner all the way on the top stopping just shy of the inner corner, 3/4 of the lower lid with dark blue khol liner for a smudged look on the lower lash line. Always extended past the outer corner for a bit of a cat eye with the black liner, then the darkest eyeshadow starts there. You can see it in my photos.

Have fun girls 🙂

Lauren M

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

I have been using heavy eye-liner around my eyes since the 1960s.  It all started as a teenager, when I was influenced by the beauty of actress Natalie Wood and also two very young pretty female school teachers I had in high school.  I got up the nerve to discuss cosmetics a few times with one teacher, who was very friendly, and I strongly suspect she knew why I was asking, because she advised me which cosmetics would work best with my skin tone and facial features.  All doubt was removed when we had a couple of school events which allowed me to openly cross dress.

DeeDee
      Duchess

I haven’t got good enough using eyeliner yet.  I’m still practicing.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Currently I use it only on the top, but I am still practicing. I have not been able to get the “wings” right yet.

Hugs, liara

Anonymous

Liara, try using a liquid eyeline for the wings. I’ve found that makes it easier.

Hugs,

Holly

Gwyneth
      Lady

I have a friend that had eyeliner tattooed. OUCH!!!!

Gwyn

My favorite eyeliner look is when I line under my upper lashes, doing so makes my lashes look the most full and girly. I do have trouble finding an eyeliner that stays on. Even the waterproof ones need to be touched up constantly. Anyone have some advice for me as to what I might try?

As my wife doesn’t approve see me with makeup I try to go with eyeliner easy to remove but some how she knows cause there’s a slight black spot there specially lower eyelid that I been using this trick after taking it all makeup with the I use one last cleaning towelettes and using my pinky’s put it over and using other hand fingers pulling lower eyelid slightly using slowly and verily touching I will remove last of the blackish eyeliner (and some other times using a black or brown older types of thick eyeliners I will put some over the top of the lower eyelids which has helped me looking if I had extended lower eyelashes) and that’s when I have to use Makeup remover towelettes and carefully removed the last black vestige of both eyeliner and old eyeliner pencils. But in the meantime happy dressing Auroras Livingfem

Peggy Sue Williams
        Duchess - Annual

Auroras,

As a suggestion, I use heavy eye-liner.  Yet, when I remove it at the end of the day, it comes off quite easily, using cotton balls and oil-free eye make up remover.

I generally purchase store brand names (Target, Walmart, Walgreens, etc.) oil-free eye make up remover, since they cost considerably less than the various brand name removers and work equally as well.

I was also going to recommend the oil-free eye makeup remover.  It does and excellent job of removing both eyeliner and mascara.  My wife used the Mary-Kay version for years, but now used the Equate brand from Walmart.  Even though it works great, I would recommend a second cleaning after you think it is all removed.  The wife noticed some that I didn’t get off one day, so I always do a “just to be safe” cleaning now.

Melinda
      Lady

Eyeliner is difficult. One makeup artist told me to look down when applying it. I keep Q-tips handy to clean up stray marks. If you are worried about discovery from an SO, I sometimes used dark grey eyeshadow as eyeliner, which comes off very easily and is not hard to apply. I used to use exclusively liquid eyeliner, but sometimes I use a pencil now. I definitely watch tutorials as well. Eyesight makes this difficult as well. I use reading glasses, but hard to see well and apply at the same time. I definitely move my face closer to the mirror. I’m not great with eyeliner, but I love to practice.

I am not sure as again i don’t use it enough, when i had a short stint in the theater when i was in college i did a couple of plays and thought i was getting pretty good, but that was back in 1990. Agin need to practice more, love all you ladies out there.

I use Graftobian Cake Eye Liner  and apply it with a fine artist’s brush to both upper and lower lids.  You mix it up to the consistency that you want and then apply.  It’s old fashioned but it works for me.  Hope this helps,  Marg

I use regular eyeliner on the bottom lid, then put the liquid liner that comes with my magnetic lashes on the top lid, which holds those lashes on and serves as black liner.

I’ve also had some success with a “wing stamp”.  They look like markers with a tiny stamp pad on the end which saturates with eyeliner and lets you stamp the wing at the outer corner of your eyes.  It takes a little practice to get it straight, but it goes on quickly and looks good.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?