Tagged: ,

Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Holly G
      Lady

Does any one have either YouTube links or step by step instructions (hopefully with pictures!!) on how to do various types of looks with your eyes? It seems like wherever I’ve looked they gloss over about 7 steps throughout the process that are essential to completing the look! I’ve never been really happy with my results, but I’m an extreme novice still! I’d appreciate any help from everyone. I can’t be alone on this!
      Thanks!!
      ????????????
      Holly

Anonymous

Hey Holly, sorry no one has replied yet!  I have some thoughts below but please let us know what look you’re going for, and/or share a picture if you are willing.

I’m no expert yet, but here are a few principles about making male faces look feminine that can help you follow just about any makeup tutorial (these were game changers for me when I learned them!):

-men’s eyes are narrower together so apply eyeliner only to the outer half/two-thirds of each eye. Then use a white eyeliner or just light colored power on the inside corners to make the space between the eyes seem bigger. You’ll love this.

-this might not work for everyone, but I started loving my eyes when I put dark eyeliner on the lower waterline (the soft ridge of your lower eyelid that’s between the lashes and eyeball). It really changes the look and can enlarge the eyes.

-also to enlarge the eyes, try doing a ‘cat eye’ look, even a small one, by painting a wing past the outer corner of your eye. It’s something distinctly feminine and again, with narrower eyes, doesn’t necessarily look ‘drag queen’ unless you go huge.

My routine is simple: I just use gel eyeliner to paint the outer corners (with a ‘cat eye’ wing), use a white-ish power to hit the inner corners, apply mascara and sometimes sloppily brush some light blue or purple eye shadow on the upper eyelid. Good enough to look pretty! There are tons of tutorials with 25 steps involving ‘eye primer,’ 5 shades of eye shadow, glitter, etc. but I’ve found it’s unnecessary.

In case my words have only confused you, I’d check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag3NS3BBsD0

Again, you might not exaggerate the cat eye look this much, but it’s my go-to for making male faces look feminine and super simple to execute (btw you don’t need the fake lashes she uses in the video).

Let us know how it goes and I’m glad to offer more help if you share more specifics.

Holly G
      Lady

Thanks for the tips Lindsay! I love color and wish I could do the evening eyes that I have on my profile page!  It’s funny your tip about the white on the inside because I noticed they even did that on the girl in that picture! I also have deep set eyes so I’m not sure how that will play into it all. I actually checked out a book from the library last not about this topic with lots of step by step photos along with what works and why on different face and feature shapes…but of course they fail to cover MTF issues! Oh well, it’s a start. I do love the cat eye look and will have to play with it more. I’ll keep you posted! ????????????

Holly

Holly, is that you in the profile background? Great eyes!!!

Anonymous

Holly, I went back and looked at your profile. Those evening eyes are amazing, definitely not something I’ve done yet lol. If you learn, let me know! Maybe I’ll try them too and see how it goes.

Holly G
      Lady

Awe come on!!  I saw your reply And I was immediately looking forward to reading a 10 point step by step guide on how to do those eyes!! ????????????

Anonymous

Yeah right! I actually tried last night out of curiosity just by looking at your profile banner, and it did NOT look that great. I’d share a pic but not sure how to upload a file here…

I know I didn’t do the right technique at all, but I think you need to have really shallow eyes (like not deep set) and a lot of space between your upper lid and eyebrow in order for the big color oval to look at all right. Hopefully I’m wrong and/or you have a much different face type than me!

Holly G
      Lady

Well I have some alone girl time this weekend with plans to also try these eyes so if I have any luck…doubtful as that may be…I’ll try to share! ????????????

Holly G
      Lady

Well, strike one!  I agree with you, I think my eyes are too deep set for this. I’m not completely giving up, but I did pick up a makeup book from the library before my trip this weekend since I knew I’d have some time to browse through it. It talks about different styles that work for different types of eyes. I need to explore the options they have for my facial features and see how that goes.  That and get a steady hand! The liquid eye liner is ridiculous to deal with! ????????????

Anonymous

Holly, sorry I missed your reply. I love your dedication to this look and hoped the book had some ideas?

Yeah I’ve had to practice a lot to get a steady hand on the liquid eyeliner, especially the my left eye (I’m right handed). But I love how bold the lines can be.

Holly G
      Lady

You know I read about not using the liquid liner when doing the water line of your eyes and instead using a gel, so I picked that up because with the hooded eye shape, it seems like most of the focus is under the eye as opposed to above the eye. I tried it last week when I had a chance and it actually worked rather nicely. I didn’t go all glam eyes that night. I was trying to go for simple but definitely highlighted and it seemed to work. I still need to work on it, but I’ll say the gel crayon eye liner is a LOT easier to control than the liquid brush when you can’t seem to hold your eye lids steady 🙂

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Yeah I found that out tonight while I was practicing with liquid eyeliner-made my eyes water something fierce..wish my mom and sisters had taught me better as a teenager :):) !

Holly G
      Lady

Yeah, I went through that too…not fun at all!! Try the gel liner, it works much better there, BUT I’ll warn you that it was pretty difficult to get off of my eyes that night. The things a girl has to do to look pretty…I tell you!!

Holly
      If you are at a point that you would like to see a video you should go to http://www.deepstealth.com for some
      makeup instructional videos
      when or if you do click on download it well take you
      to the videos all 10 of them there is a small fee for each one or one fee for all 10

Anonymous

I have posted a TON of eye makeup tips & tricks  RIGHT HERE everything from eyeshadow, blending, lashes, mascara, brows & all sorts of neat tricks to help POP your eyes..Good Luck xoxo

Anonymous

One thing that amazed me was how much more effective some eye makeup removers were than others. Definitely worth spending… In the UK, No.7 do a good one.

Im really loving Maybellines Color Tattoo 24hr Gel cream eye shadows – They so easy to apply, using fingers works great – makes that part of makeup routine at least a breeze

<span style=”color: #222222; font-family: arial, sans-serif;”><span style=”font-size: 17.6px; line-height: normal;”> </span></span>

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Eye makeup…where do I start??’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?