Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have been crossdressing for 50 years and my favorite article of clothing has always been pantyhose. Remember when Leggs came in those little white plastic eggs? Anyway, I have had many favorite brands over the years, usually one of the supermarket brands. I recently decided to splurge and bought myself a pair of the much vaunted Wofford tights. WOW! They are amazing! The fit, silkiness  and durability are top notch. I’ll never give up my (now second) favorite VS sheers, but I am a committed Wofford fan now. What brand do you all favor?

I’ll be honest, I don’t have a fave brand, I usually go by price.

That being said, my fave is a pair of light fleece tights I bought from aliexpress.  It is really thick den (I’d guess 100), but the most important part is that it has a hole for bathroom use.

I used to like the ones from walmart/target, but the lack of a hole has them sitting on a shelf collecting dust.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I am one that uses the supermarkets to buy mine. if I want something nicer I will look in M&S, a U.K. store. I have come across some day wear tights I do like online and after the first purchase I really liked them so bought a few more pairs as you never know if you can find them again. Our charity stores also throw up some nice stockings and tights that have been donated new and in the packaging. There are some vintage ones that appear every now and again.

Wendy, Walmart do sell crotchless pantyhose from their website. I have never found them instore but have ordered online. I also like the “facility” to be able to stand up when it’s necessary and still wear pantyhose.

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=crotchless%20pantyhose&typeahead=crotchless

RachelAnn
      Lady

I like VS, but they ladder a little to fast for the price. charnos, has some good everyday hose that seem to last a little longer and they are on the cheaper side. I’ve tried Pretty Polly, nice feeling material and color but ladder if you look them wrong at least the 2 pairs I had did. Hanes is another brand that is ok, but don’t last long.  Hue and Donna Karen  are also a nice brands, but I love my Wolfords.   I just bought my 6th pair that came this weekend. My only complaint is the color in their nude or tan hues seems to be either to light or to dark, but that is a minor complaint.

PRETTY PINNY
      Duchess

My favorite special pantyhose are provided by “threads”, Sheer-to-Waist tights, 20 denier…smooth sheerness!!
      Feel great with skirts, dresses & snug fitting jeans.
      Pretty Pinny

Barb Wire
      Lady

OK, here goes:

Wolford, Oroblu, Elly, Calvin Klein, Filodoro, Hue, WoMan (discontinued, but still have some), Cecilia de Rafael… Oh yeah, Sheertex and Fogal.

The Wolfords are interesting. I got a few pairs recently of Velvet De Luxe 50 tights in black and grey. I snagged one on my hips as I brushed against a patio chair. “FU*K!” (I’m sure the neighbours heard). Amazingly, when I released the grip the chair had on me, the tiny hold in my tights (how shall I say?) coagulated, like a scar. Perhaps there’s something in the knitting that does this? I’ve worn that same pair about 30 times now and the scar hasn’t changed a bit and they feel as good as the first time! Amazing!

Cheers,

Barb 😊

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Barb Wire. Reason: Forgot to complete a thought
        Sylvia
        Lady

Dear Barb ,

You were right, it’s in the nitting and production of WOLFORD ,
        You can read about it on the following page :

https://www.bestproducts.com/fashion/accessories/a19587787/wolford-tights-review/

Love Sylvia.

Barb Wire
          Lady

Thanks, Sylvia!

Yes, it’s “hosiery witchcraft”!

I’d get more, but I got like maybe 400 pairs of hosiery of all kinds in a humidity controlled room. I guess I should get through those first.

But if I see a good sale on for Wolfords…

😊💕 Barb

Sylvia
            Lady

Dear Barb ,

I Guess that room will look like Fort Knox !

I have just returned from the City , Bought my first 2 pairs of

Black Wolford “Individual 10” !

Can´t wait to try them out after dinner !

When you take them out of the package you feel immediately that they are something different.

In the link from my previous post it says they are handmade !

I don’t doubt it.

I was looking for them in the shop , couldn’t find them !

A sales lady asked if She could help me , I showed her my note , and she brought me to them…..

Of course Wolford have their own counter !

It looked a bit like the ladies counter from Grace Brothers anno 2021.

Needless to say it was a great afternoon.

Love Sylvia

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Sylvia.

Like you I keep my extensive collection of nearly 1600 pairs of pantyhose in climate controlled comfort. In south Florida I live near 2 Wolford stores, 1 is an oulet and the other a boutique. Needless to say my Wolford collection is always stockeed especially in Satin Touch 20, and Neon 40 in addition to their fashion hosiery.

Thank you Sylva .
          It is my birth day to day . Your link to Wolfords
          has inspired me to get a pair of Neon 40s .
          As a present to my self .
          Rhonda .

Sylvia
            Lady

Dear Rhonda ,

Happy Birthday !

I bought myself two pairs of “Wolford individual 1o” recently

( They were the only Wolfords in my size in the shop )

They are great , the softest hosiery I have ever bought.

I know you will enjoy yours as well ,

Love Sylvia.

Thank you , Sylvia .
            Finding Wolfords here in New Zealand could be harder than i thort .
            Any way , the boxing day sales are only 2 sleeps away so i will be out
            to se what i can find .
            Rhonda .

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Jennifer ,

As yourself , my favourite Female garment are Pantyhose.

Since bying the more expensive ones for the first time , maybe a good month ago now ,
      I discovered why they are more expensive then the “supermarket” one’s I used to buy.
      I now own several OROBLU one’s in 15D , 20D and 40D and two pair of FALKE 50D.

As the WOLFORD are in an even higher price range , I wonder what the difference will be
      compared to the OROBLU…

I just read how WOLFORD are made , WOW indeed , they will be my next purchase for sure !

Love Sylvia.

Catherine
      Duchess

My favorite is Hanes, control top reinforced  toe feel great ,look great with skirts and ankle boots ,I find them in Macy’s, Boscobel, and Targets ,not bad on price ,either or could be Target brand nice feel to them especially  when you shave your legs , Cathy

Catherine
      Duchess

My favorite is Hanes, control top reinforced  toe feel great ,look great with skirts and ankle boots ,I find them in Macy’s, Boscos and Targets ,not bad on price ,either or could be Target brand nice feel to them especially  when you shave your legs , Cathy

Hi Jennifer as for the hose i have different ones from expensive to supermarket ones and yes the access to stand even sit and not have to pull then down is wonderful  .. Being able to sew a bit i have taken some of mine and added the access hole it works wonderfully he he ..

Stephanie Bass

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I have been a fan of Hanes Silk Reflections but after reading some of the comments. I think I may have to try the Wolfords.

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual

Check out thetightspot they have 3 for the price of 2 wolford Neon 40.

Hello Girls,

I recently found Mia Marutti control top with french panty. they are so sexy and the control top is the perfect height, The french cut panty allows me to wear shorter skirts and show a little cheek which is so sexy to me. they come in 20 deneer and 40 for those who have problems with runs.

Love Connie

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I’ve always wanted to try Wolford but I’m a bit too big for their largest size.  I’ve been buying an Italian brand named Solidea for several years.  I would consider them a premium brand – way better than others I’ve tried.  They’re super comfortable, look fantastic and feel great.  They have sizes for girls up to 220 lbs.  Very durable too.  Some of the ones I bought in 2015 are still going strong.

Thank you all for your replies! I wasn’t expecting such a wide response. I definitely need to try some of the brands/styles you mentioned. In fact, I just ordered some Falke tights.

Take care,
      Jennifer

p.s. Thanks for not flaming me for my mis-spell checked “Wolford.”

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been wearing pantyhose since I was 4. I began buying my own at 13. That’s when I really learned about the many brands out there. I bought all I could and wore them all. Most were very nice. Some were incredible. Some just fit better, felt nicer and looked extra great. I found myself wearing those more often than other brands.

Maybe 10 years or so ago, I was meeting with other girls. We got together to dress, get makeovers, discuss our girly side, share stories, encourage each other, go out together and do photo sessions. I noticed one of the girls was wearing these amazing pantyhose. Such a wonderful, shiny tan, and her legs looked incredible. I had to ask her about them. They were Wolford Neon Fatals. A shiny tan sheer to waist pantyhose with no gusset or seam. I never heard of them. I thought I knew and wore every brand of pantyhose out there. I had to try the Wolford’s. Fortunately, the shop we were meeting at sold them. I had to try a pair. There was a few pairs in my size. I took one and went in the dressing room to put them on. Just taking them out of the package. I could see there was something extra special about them. The texture, the feel and look. I couldn’t wait to put them on. As I was sliding them on my legs, I could see and feel they were something different and wonderful. When I got them on and saw how my legs looked and how the incredible texture felt on me, I felt a powerful rush of pleasure and euphoria. I always felt some of that when wearing pantyhose, but this was extra intense. These were the most amazing and best pantyhose I ever wore. I had to have more. I decided I was going to buy every pair in my size that was in the shop.

My enthusiasm nearly waned when I found they were $50 a pair. I don’t think I ever paid more than $10 for a pair of pantyhose. How could they cost so much? I rationalized it by thinking, I would easily part with $50 for a great pair of shoes, dress or wig, why not super special pantyhose? I bought all they had and asked them to order more. I would buy everything they could get.

Because of their greatness and price, I would wear them occasionally at home for pleasure, but they were not my everyday pantyhose. I saved them for going out and for special encounters.

Then soon after, I discovered Victoria’s Secret Seamless pantyhose. They were half the price of the Wolford. Of course I bought everything in my size without even trying them on. Turns out they were great. Fit nice, felt wonderful and were great at bringing on the pleasure and euphoria. They were some of the best pantyhose I ever wore. If not for the Wolford Neon Fatals, I would put them near or at the top of my list for best pantyhose ever.

Well, another great reason for joining this wonderful site.  Crotchless?  I never knew and a fabulous idea, thanks Michaela Jane for that suggestion.  I usually struggle in the rest room, wrestling with my jeans, pulling down my hose, then my panties and contorting myself so NOT to touch the seat and then put it all back in place, I am sure many of you can sympathize 🙂  Going out enfemme would make that evolution so much easier.

So as far as a favorite, I usually like what ever fits best and lasts.  I have tired many brands and Denier but I am on the Wolford’s site now.  They are a bit pricey and their largest size is a bit below my weight but I may try a pair anyway.  I am definitely going to find a pair of crotchless, it will be anywhere other than Wal-Mart, I despise that store.

Have a wonderful day ladies

I went into a shop in a local shopping centre today. Had a glance round it asked a girl where the tights where, she bought me over and asked what exactly I was looking for, I said they where for myself. She picked me out a pair of 8 denier black, they are see through but. Still they where only £1.50. She seemed to thing that the extra large was the best so I accepted her advice.
      When I told her they were for myself she never batted an eyelid. I was pleasantly surprised.
      Liz

My favorite pantyhose or thigh highs are Hanes Silk Reflections. Love how they feel and look on my legs.

For years i have been purchasing stay ups, or thigh highs, form walmart or the drugs store.

I recently saw a youtube video about Shear tek.  The do not ladder.

I order the sheer thigh high with the seam up the back.  You measure your thigh to determine size.  They we half price at $38.

When they arrived i pulled them on right away.  They are thicker than i expected, and they are longer than i expected.

I wore them for an hour. They feel great, and did not fall or pull at all. Most pairs i have owned will shift and pull after a little while.

Hope to give them a longer wear soon to see how a whole day feels in them.

I will post the result of a long day in them soon.

Paula

Anonymous

Wow, the original post really has generated a lot of discussion. This is certainly a topic many of have an interest in and experience with.

I’d like to suggest an alternative direction for the discussion, what about leggings? I’ve been wearing them for several years now, mostly during walks in my neighborhood. I recently came across OMKAGI Women Scrunch Butt Lifting Leggings Seamless High Waisted Workout Yoga Pants, which can be purchased at Amazon for $23.98 (available in lots of colors). They are very strong,  stretchy, comfortable, and have panels designed to lift the butt cheeks. And best of all is the “scrunch butt;” a stretched elastic seam running down the crack that when worn forms around your cheeks and also helps separate them, making them look more feminine.

When I first began wearing these, I wore a jacket that covered up the scrunch butt, but recently I’ve decided I love showing off my butt in these skin-tight leggings just like genetic girls and women do. I’m now giving serious thought to wearing them to my gym when I work out, again with a top that does not cover the scrunch butt. While I wouldn’t be in full CD mode, it would be very clear to anyone looking I was wearing women’s leggings. BTW: I do typically wear these with a gaff to complete the look.

XOXO

Diane

My CD journey started with pantyhose (or tights in the UK) as some may have already heard.

Good quality tights seem to be in decline in the UK for some reason, though lots of medium quality high street versions.

by far the best I have ever worn are Wolfords.  Neon 40’s are amazing, though costly.  Their other styles are equally exquisite!  they do a 20 den, can’t think of the name, but it feels like silk in your legs…

the next best I have found are Falke, their Seidenglatte range is awesome (tho I think they changed the name to pure shine or something…) – still pricey, but awesome.

If looking for a thicker den, I like M & S Autograph luxury range… they feel lovely, and obviously warmer.  They are thicker so can be worn with drab trousers and look like black socks to the casual observer….

I’d like to try some Euro brands, I hear CDR are good?

Hope that helps!

keep wearing, get those legs out!!!

xxx Jenny

I prefer more opaque tights as they seem to suit my legs more than the sheer kind – I think the lowest I’d go for is 40 denier,  but I mainly wear 60 , 80 and 140 denier tights in various colours which I purchase from Tesco here in the UK.

They are reasonably priced and I find the quality good.
        I prefer to stick to one shop for tights if I can because I have found in the past that sizing seems to vary quite a lot . What could be labelled Large in one store , might be too small in another , and having quite long slim legs , I need to ensure they can be pulled all the way to the top !

Anonymous

Hi Jenny- I’m Anya ( UK) look up Heist.
        Happy wearing !! Xox

J King
      Lady

Supermarket kind?  Leggs Sheer Vitality (which is now Sheer Energy , I forget which variety).

Slightly more expensive?  Cecilia de Rafael, which has many varieties.

Anonymous

HEIST- very nice. Not sure if they compete with Wilford and others but they do have a choice of mid riff and they do fit well. I found them to be strong and durable. It’s just me that wears out ( Ha Ha )
      Yes indeed, pantyhose and other leg wear lift my soul. Happy wearing, Sisters!!
      Anya

Deana Lee
      Lady

Nylons, stockings, pantyhose are the best part of presenting as a woman. I wear different brands/den depending on the situation. I wear pantyhose almost every day so if I’m just lounging around my house, I wear a cheap pair of silk reflections or target hanes or “a new day” brand because its so easy getting a snag or just laddering them.

If I am dressing up, going on a hot date, or just want to feel extra sexy I’ll pull out my Wolfords. I have tried the 9 den (so sheer you barely feel them but they also ladder and run super easy), 15 den (my favorite feel but also easier to ladder and ruin) and the famous satin touch 20 (which have the best combination of feel and last – I have a pair that Ive managed to keep in good condition for several months).

I also love CDRs.  I’ve tried their seamless 20 den and their crotchless. The latter developed ladders around their missing crotch area after 2 wears. I do really love the seamless. They also have a shiny finish that is quite unique.

A low key brand I’ve tried – Calzitaly seamless. They have a matte finish but feel nice and are surprisingly run resistant for 20 den.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?