• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Please be patient with me, I know this is long winded. I’d been meaning to share some of this previously.

I was pleasantly surprised by an email to see that an item I had listed on Ebay had sold and so I need to run down to the post office to drop that off. Before last night that might be a big deal.

It’s been a liberating past three weeks as I decided to make some permanent changes. I spend a lot more time as me which is Danielle and I worked on a couple of projects around the house that will make me happy regardless of what others may think. I live alone but in the past I still concerned myself with the chance that some of my friends or family who come to visit would find my female attire. I used being a messy person as a way to hide my things. The result was that there were boxes of clothes and shoes in my bedroom with male clothes on top of them and blankets piled on top of that. It was quite literally a depressing site. Also, in part to shoes being incorrectly piled together and one of my cats being wily enough to get into the large box of shoes, several pair have been ruined and some of my clothes have been less than taken care of.

I have remedied all of this. I bought a pair of small shelves and put them in the floor of my closet. I bought a ton of new clothes hangers. I spent the necessary time washing everything that needed it and hanging and organizing it in my closet. I have all my shoes organized in there. Ok, nearly all my shoes are in there. I counted today and I have 80 pair(would have been about 200 but that’s another story). So about 25 are either in the chest at the end of my bed or in an under bed shoe organizer but that’s just due to a lack of space.

I’m going to make an aside. Some other things I’ve been doing for myself include: I bought new sheets and a comforter set because it was just time,
      I surprised myself and ordered pizza while dressed(and tipped extremely well so hopefully the bulk of his story later is that he got a really well tip and hopes I call again), and I’ve for the first time ventured out to the mailbox at the street a few times during the day time(which was great the first time to feel the warm, sunny air on my legs in a skirt for the first time).

So it was finally yesterday that I finished organizing all those shoes and got that last cardboard box out of my bedroom which is really nice to finally again have a nice bedroom. I decided to walk with my dog in the backyard for a few minutes instead of just letting her go by herself. She enjoys that more and so did I. Since I’m on a corner lot it’s definitely not private.

This would have been the end of my day other than just cooking dinner and settling in for the evening, however I needed to return some items by mail and was going to prepare the packages and place them in the mailbox last night. When I saw that it would cost twice as must to print the labels at home as it would if I drove down to the post office(which is just a couple of minutes) and use the self serve kiosk to print the label. I decided I’d just go to the post office. It was 11:00 pm and there wasn’t likely to be anyone else there anyway. I’m very familiar with using the kiosk so I’d be in and out.

I prepared my packages, double and triple checking everything. I made sure to have a pen and my packing tape. I knew I needed my phone for just in case, my keys, my wallet, and what else I wasn’t sure. I did want to make sure of a couple of things though. I wanted my hair and make up to be perfect so that I would be confident. I went to the mirror and checked everything over and primped where needed and off I went.

I made sure to wear my seat belt as I didn’t want any excuse to get pulled over. I knew I had my insurance card handy plus the app on my phone just in case. I had a checklist going through my mind on the drive of how to stand, how to walk, how to hold my arms, shoulders back and all that. I
      also was trying so hard to imagine what I would say if I came across someone and they said something.

As mentioned it only took a couple of minutes to get to the post office. Wouldn’t you know it, right as I got there two other people were pulling up. I’ll admit I wasn’t willing to go in with them in there but I figured at that time of night they couldn’t be too long. I just waited. A minute later they were gone and I was able to go in and handle my business at the kiosk. I actually left my packages in the truck at first so I had to walk back and get them. I printed off my two labels and then was done.

I wasn’t ready to go home, all dressed up and no where to go I suppose. I drove around for a little while. I decided to stop at a gas station and fill up(even though I didn’t need it). I knew of one that wouldn’t be too busy with a pump not quite in view of the clerk. I still wasn’t ready to go home. I wasn’t hungry but wanted to go through a drive through somewhere. I drove over to where several places are but I chickened out. So maybe next time.

But here I am tonight. I have another return and I need to send my Ebay shipment off. It seems a much less big deal, as it should. I’m just me going to the post office to handle some business.

Well done Danielle. As you found, the sky did not fall on your head and it won’t next time either.
      Hopefully you have now been on that second excursion, maybe a third and are now starting to think, ‘why did you wait so long’.
      The next step could be to get out in daylight for a similar short trip to gain more confidence and to let the world finally meet the real you. The world is then yours, own it.
      xoxo
      Sheryl

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Danielle,

So many similarities to me its not even funny! I am in he midst of cleaning up and properly storing Cyn’s trousseau (see pics in my media profile and or the photo forum of initial progress) and I too have made short trips as you describe and just last night wen to visit my parents gravesite as Cyn in the pre-twilight gloaming!. PLease keep us posted on he teps as you move forward in your journey(and I will do he same for mine!)

Cyn

Anonymous

2016_personal stories: Danielle(Dani) original post: 

Please be patient with me, I know this is long winded. I’d been meaning to share some of this previously.

I was pleasantly surprised by an email to see that an item I had listed on Ebay had sold and so I need to run down to the post office to drop that off. Before last night that might be a big deal.

It’s been a liberating past three weeks as I decided to make some permanent changes. I spend a lot more time as me which is Danielle and I worked on a couple of projects around the house that will make me happy regardless of what others may think. I live alone but in the past I still concerned myself with the chance that some of my friends or family who come to visit would find my female attire. I used being a messy person as a way to hide my things. The result was that there were boxes of clothes and shoes in my bedroom with male clothes on top of them and blankets piled on top of that. It was quite literally a depressing site. Also, in part to shoes being incorrectly piled together and one of my cats being wily enough to get into the large box of shoes, several pair have been ruined and some of my clothes have been less than taken care of.

I have remedied all of this. I bought a pair of small shelves and put them in the floor of my closet. I bought a ton of new clothes hangers. I spent the necessary time washing everything that needed it and hanging and organizing it in my closet. I have all my shoes organized in there. Ok, nearly all my shoes are in there. I counted today and I have 80 pair(would have been about 200 but that’s another story). So about 25 are either in the chest at the end of my bed or in an under bed shoe organizer but that’s just due to a lack of space.

I’m going to make an aside. Some other things I’ve been doing for myself include: I bought new sheets and a comforter set because it was just time,

I surprised myself and ordered pizza while dressed(and tipped extremely well so hopefully the bulk of his story later is that he got a really well tip and hopes I call again), and I’ve for the first time ventured out to the mailbox at the street a few times during the day time(which was great the first time to feel the warm, sunny air on my legs in a skirt for the first time).

So it was finally yesterday that I finished organizing all those shoes and got that last cardboard box out of my bedroom which is really nice to finally again have a nice bedroom. I decided to walk with my dog in the backyard for a few minutes instead of just letting her go by herself. She enjoys that more and so did I. Since I’m on a corner lot it’s definitely not private.

This would have been the end of my day other than just cooking dinner and settling in for the evening, however I needed to return some items by mail and was going to prepare the packages and place them in the mailbox last night. When I saw that it would cost twice as must to print the labels at home as it would if I drove down to the post office(which is just a couple of minutes) and use the self serve kiosk to print the label. I decided I’d just go to the post office. It was 11:00 pm and there wasn’t likely to be anyone else there anyway. I’m very familiar with using the kiosk so I’d be in and out.

I prepared my packages, double and triple checking everything. I made sure to have a pen and my packing tape. I knew I needed my phone for just in case, my keys, my wallet, and what else I wasn’t sure. I did want to make sure of a couple of things though. I wanted my hair and make up to be perfect so that I would be confident. I went to the mirror and checked everything over and primped where needed and off I went.

I made sure to wear my seat belt as I didn’t want any excuse to get pulled over. I knew I had my insurance card handy plus the app on my phone just in case. I had a checklist going through my mind on the drive of how to stand, how to walk, how to hold my arms, shoulders back and all that. I

also was trying so hard to imagine what I would say if I came across someone and they said something.

As mentioned it only took a couple of minutes to get to the post office. Wouldn’t you know it, right as I got there two other people were pulling up. I’ll admit I wasn’t willing to go in with them in there but I figured at that time of night they couldn’t be too long. I just waited. A minute later they were gone and I was able to go in and handle my business at the kiosk. I actually left my packages in the truck at first so I had to walk back and get them. I printed off my two labels and then was done.

I wasn’t ready to go home, all dressed up and no where to go I suppose. I drove around for a little while. I decided to stop at a gas station and fill up(even though I didn’t need it). I knew of one that wouldn’t be too busy with a pump not quite in view of the clerk. I still wasn’t ready to go home. I wasn’t hungry but wanted to go through a drive through somewhere. I drove over to where several places are but I chickened out. So maybe next time.

But here I am tonight. I have another return and I need to send my Ebay shipment off. It seems a much less big deal, as it should. I’m just me going to the post office to handle some business.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?