Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi,

I’m Wanda and I’m 68 years old.

Like so many of us I can remember having feelings about wearing women’s clothes from an early age. I remember reading Wonder Woman comics (10¢ an issue era) and imagining myself as her. 

My cousins and I would put on plays and for one I played a girl. I wore one of my mom’s old slips as a dress and I remember enjoying how it felt to wear it and be feminine. 

I was a quiet kid and an advanced reader. To keep me occupied my mom gave me her copy of Edith Hamilton’s Mythology to read.

I remember being fascinated with these brief lines on Hercules and Omphale, “Zeus himself punished him: he sent him to Lydia to be a slave to the Queen, Omphale, some say for a year, some for three years. She amused herself with him, making him at times dress up as a woman and do woman’s work, weave or spin.”

The image of being dressed as a woman and being with a woman became a powerful one in my mind…of course, it wasn’t until I was older that I realized the full implications of Omphale amusing herself with a cross-dressed Hercules.

The image only became more powerful when I did realize those implications.

I began trying on my mom’s clothes when I was junior-high aged. I usually had the house to myself on Saturday afternoons to dress up. 

One afternoon she came home early and caught me. She asked if I were just curious about women’s clothes with strong implications that any other motivation was a sickness. So I copped to being curious, said I wouldn’t do it again and I kept my word.

I did some surreptitious dressing from time to time in my life, i.e. everything except my tie and vest would be women’s wear.

But that stopped, too, for a long hiatus to raise the four kids I acquired through marriage. 

In fact, I went super male building up quite the well-appointed traditional sartorial men’s wardrobe. Looking back I might have been channeling a more womanly shopping and outfit-building need into what was socially acceptable for men.

My wife and I “joked” a lot about me cross-dressing over the years, e.g. renting a can-can girl costume for her but telling the clerk that it was for me, wwnn. I could tell, though, that the idea had some fascination for her that wasn’t a joke.  So one day after the kids were grown I did something about it: I bought matching panties in our respective sizes. 

Things have taken off from there. My sweetie is shy so the day might never come when we go out as girls together (it might not be wise in our small community anyway) but my wardrobe is 90% women’s wear.

At first you’re so concerned people will know but no one’s ever remarked on my shirts buttoning “the wrong way” or any other item I wear out and about. Not even sandals with 2” heels showing toenails with purple polish and an anklet above have prompted a question or raised an eyebrow.

My wife gives me advice on clothes and gushes approvingly when I buy something new that goes with my outfits. 

I have an epigastric hernia and have long been wearing longline sports bras to support it (and my sizable boobs) while working out. 

I also wear a women’s one piece suit, with a swim shirt over it, to swim laps.

While the hernia isn’t fun it’s a great medical excuse for what I so enjoy wearing.

Recently my wife said I should wear a bra every day so I have been (she says it’s for support and posture but she enjoys running her hands over my top to feel what’s underneath). 

Nighttime and “fun time” are my girly times: stockings and a garter belt, frilly bralettes and silky panties and PJs. 

My wife takes the credit for my “blossoming” and I’m content to let her do so.

I’m happy and thankful for being able to dress to the degree I do and very thankful for a wife who doesn’t just understand but is enthusiastic and encouraging.

I hope this introduction has been appropriate and not too boring to read. 

Thanks,

Wanda

Lizzie
      Lady

Hi Wanda
      Not too long at all. Great story.
      Lucky you.
      Meeshelle

Anonymous

I have been full time since I was 9 till now at 62. When my parents caught me I was required to wear my dress 👗 in front of my friends so I did best thing that I could have done. My friend was the first one to wear dresses 👗 to school so I had to. I had to work the farms to buy my own dresses 👗 and materials to make dresses. Had my prom dress 👗 for a long time. We are glad to have you welcome to the site

Sometimes I imagine “what-ifs” had I been full-time since I first identified with Wonder Woman or that my mom had encouraged me to go that way when she caught me. But I’m happy, blessed, and thankful for my journey and where I am now.

Anonymous

That’s the most important to be happy with ourselves and I would be glad to give support

Hi Wanda nice to meet you and so happy you found and joined us girls here so get settled in relax and enjoy yourself here..  You know as a new sister and family member you are welcomed with open arms into our home as well as yours now also..  Girl there is so much to see and do here from readien the forums and posts from many ladies telling  there stories about there journeys down there femme road in life.. So when you get comfortable with us please join in with a story or two about the life and times of Wanda as she travels down her own girly path in life..  As for making friends here there are so many ladies from all over the world to build long lasting friendships with and best of all girlfriend we all are just a simple click away..  Its so nice to have a supportive wife as many othere here myself included ..  They are so wonderful so two little things girlfriend please return to your profile page and fill in some more please as this is how we get to know you better thanks .. Your wonderful wife has a place here for herself as a group called For Wifes and Significant otheres  Which is a place just for them we cant access it for then to have a private place to chat with other gg ladies like her self to ask others about the little things she might need answers to  .. Again girlfriend nice to meet you and hope to see you around for a chat sometime..

Stephanie Bass

Thx for the encouragement and guidance, Stephanie.

Hi Wanda,

Welcome to CDH. Congratulations on having a very supportive wife.

Alice

Hello Wanda welcome to CDH glad you have shared a part of who you are and found us and made the step to become part of a family that is welcoming, understanding, compassionate, and supportive. While we are all similar and have many of the same desires we all differ on our goals or public expression and or level of personal experiences. I encourage you to explore the many forums, topics, polls and member biographies found here as there are a wide range of members all over the spectrum of feminine expression or those on the path to transition and those that have. There are also links to websites that have products and services that may help you on your own personal path of acceptance and self expression. Ultimately it is a place home or world were you can feel feel comfortable and confident in who you are as being who you truly are as your authentic self of you being a man, a woman, or expressing your feminine desires feelings and or qualities. Glad you are here and have a great relationship with a supportive wife that is so wonderful. Welcome!

Hugs April

Hi Wanda,
      Thanks for sharing your story,
      Welcome to CDH, a large and welcoming family.
      Here you can exchange opinions and information and find support to move forward in your enfemme adventure.
      Have fun participating in the forums and questionnaires.
      Here no one is judged, but always welcomed with a warm embrace.

XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta ❤️

Hi Wanda –

Welcome to CDH – you are lucky to have such a lovely accepting wife – look forward to meeting you in chat

XOXO
      Suzanne

Hi Wanda welcome to CDH it’s nice to meet you, we are like one big happy family on here so don’t be shy come on in and join the family, I’m sorry  i can’t meet up with you for a coffee ☕ I’m on the other side of the pond in the UK, I’m sure you will find lots of friends on here who will be happy to meet up with you for a coffee and a chat,

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Wanda welcome to Cdh

Stephanie 🌷

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?