Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Peta Mari
      Lady

I’m not one to wear high heels  / stilettos. It doesn’t suit the farm environment at home, nor the few times I have ventured out enfemme.

I do have a pair of open toed sandals, which have about an inch raise in the heel.

I have heard women (cis) complain about their heels, and can’t wait to take them off.

And on the other hand read stories where wearing heels fixed a bad back.

I certainly can feel my own back stretching when wearing my above mentioned sandals.

What are your thoughts and experiences regarding back problems.

My back has been good wearing mine, and I’m up to 5″ heels, but everything I have read says that high heels are bad for your back, and your hamstrings? I havent been wearing them long enough to know, though
      Regi

Anonymous

I think heels become more of problem if you have larger muscles.

Anonymous

Saw this…..Wearing heels causes the lower back to arch more than normal because the body weight is pushed forward. To compensate, the upper body has to lean back to maintain balance. This puts extra stress on the discs. Spending hours with your body in funky alignment can lead to muscle spasms and back pain.

I have not had this problem but when I started to wear heels and I wear 5 inch my calves would go into spasm.

Jessica

I’ve never herd that But now I’m anxious to try. Any excuse to wear heals really.
      My backs been messed up since a car accident around 6 or 7 years ago.
      Typically I do stretching, icing, take anti-inflammatory meds and mild pain killers to keep it functional.
      Still hurts a lot but it helps avoid surgery.
      Many days I walk around like an old tranma.

My wife has back problems after a fall down the stairs at home. Eventually had L4,5,6 spinal fusion. Now she wishes she’d gotten the surgery sooner. Food for thought.

As far as heels go, I’m fine with up to 4 inches. After that, no dice. I’ve got a pair of stilettos at 6 inches, and I just can’t seem to get accustomed to them. Might not fit right though… my back doesn’t like them at all.

Bridgette

It may help in the sense that one becomes a bit more aware of their posture…

All,

I’ve experienced back pain for many years; saw chiropractors and Physical Therapists to varying degrees of success.

Since I’ve started wearing heels my back problems don’t show up, but only when I’m wearing the heels. Three inch or lower. I have several pairs of three inch block heel boots which feel just wonderful on! I’ve even had good success with three inch stilettos.

I do tend to hunch over which exacerbates my problems, so maybe the heels force me to stand up straighter. I dunno!

I’m just happy to be able to wear the heels for long periods of time!

Leah

Check out my article.  It’s really, as my granddaughter would say, ‘A Thing!”
      https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/heal-heel-your-aching-back/

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

FWIW – no M.D. or chiro is going to tell you wearing heels will improve back pain.  Most will adamantly tell you the opposite.

Personally, I love heels and will wear them as long as I can.  Helen Mirren is my hero!

Hey Team,
      The citations in my article are genuine.  And, my personal experience is candid. Like so many physical phenomena, the effects of wearing high heels is subjective.  At first I thought my reaction to days and hours wearing 4-5 inch stilettos was self-serving because I enjoyed the look so much.  I’ve had lower back issues since my thirties (half my life).  In my sixties, I learned that scoliosis, complicated by arthritis, are behind the spasms I occasionally experience.  I also learned that, at the onset, I should not try to push-past-it, but to relax and take an anti inflammatory.  BUT, I have also found that frequently donning stilettos for a bit actually does release the tension and reduce my discomfort.  Who knew?  I agree that generally doctors are skeptical that wearing high heels could even be harmless, much less therapeutic.  But, for me, and particularly stilettos, create a kind of perfect storm that works wonders.

FAM

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?