Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Kayla
      Managing Ambassador

I find it interesting what others think is high maintenance.  I am sure I fall into that category, however I feel there is different levels of a high maintenance person.

What do you consider a high maintenance?

Are you or your SO high maintenance?

Hugs

Kayla

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Kayla-to me high maintenance is someone who: 1) needs constant reassurance or 2) expect to be catered to and pampered continuously or 3) other similar things. I don’t think of myself as high maintenance nor (from my interactions with you here) do YOU seem high maintenance to me!
      Cyn

This is such an interesting question….in a way that is important here yes. Looking back I see that when my feminine side, which I am allowing to take the wheel currently, is coming through I am very needy in a way. I see it as she has needed to be free and thus was knocking on the door. She constantly wanted approval and satisfaction from others but now that I am letting her be her she could care less! She was really telling me she wanted my approval to let her out. Now that I’ve begun to let her out and express herself I’ve fallen in love and don’t want to hide her. Now she could care less. All I can picture is that when I make my debut is that I’m going to feel like I’m walking down a runway to applause, even if people laugh, point and throw rotten tomatoes. I’m just loving feeling so feminine and girly. I painted my toenails yesterday for the first time and sat there in my panties , glowing, chatting with all my girlfriends on cdh. Finding this site was a revelation. While it may not be common, I feel it’s healthy and that my femininity wasn’t a curse but a blessing.

😘❤️

Toni

Maria Darlov (KGB)
      Managing Ambassador

In my opinion, “High Maintenance” has nothing to do with the amount of money one spends on oneself or expects to be spent on them, but instead the level of personal care and pride one takes in their personal appearance. This can include things such as nice clothes, shoes, nails and hair.

For example, someone who is “High Maintenance” would never be caught dead in Walmart in their PJs and fuzzy bedroom slippers, with or without makeup. LOL!!

I consider neither myself or my SO as High Maintenance, unless you include the need for affection. If that counts, we are both High Maintenance.

Since I’ve let her loose I’ve taken a lot more pride in my appearance. Now I maintain my nails and hair a lot better and when I started to assemble my wardrobe I did spend more money than usual but more importantly I spent a lot more time. I never tried on men’s clothes or really cared about them but I took my time picking out everything from my bra and panties to my jeans tops and skirt.

Anonymous

In my everyday role, I’m very low maintenance. I don’t need much. My clothes are good quality, and I present nicely to the world, but I enjoy more spending time with my wife and kids at home than going out to fancy places or buying gadgets (my iPhone 6 works perfectly, only reason I’ll change it will be if it breaks, for example)

Now, my time en femme is a bit different. I love shopping! Yes, shocking! And even though I don’t spend huge amounts, I spend maybe 10 times more than in men’s clothes. And shoes, well, even more.

My wife on the other hand, doesn’t like shopping! Go figure… I usually have to drag her (npi) to go shopping for herself. It has been that way since I met her. Gave her a gift certificate for a mani-pedi once…. she hated it! So, when I don’t have chances to dress for a while, I channel my shopping energies and talents on shopping for her and our daughter. At least she acknowledges that I have good taste. 🙂

Gaby

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

I don’t need the latest anything.   So I guess I am low maintenance and low budget as well.

eleanor holborn
      Managing Ambassador

Of cause I am high maintenance lol. Well according to my partner I am not. His idea of high maintenance is someone who throws tantrums when they cannot get their own way who insists you buy really expensive gifts, not by choice but is expected which I do not expect.

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Elly,
        When I have been in a relationship (all too rare unfortunately lol) it brings me fabtastic joy to surprise my partner with unexpected random gifts. I like to think of them as tokens representing the fact that my partner is on my mind. My fave was during a rough financial time around my 5th anniversary with my (now) ex wife. I wanted to do something special so I planned on taking her to see the ballet Romeo and Juliet and then wanted to take her to a nice hotl. But money was tight so I looked up the names of the general manager of the three nicest hotels in town and then wrote a letter explaining my plight and asking if there were anything they could do to help me make this a special occasion. The Omni replied “thanks but we get tons of requests so …no” but the Radisson and he Hotel Jefferson (a five star hotel) each gave me a free night’s stay! I used the Radisson one early as I enlisted my ex’s best friend to pack a bag in secret from my wife’s stuff and then on after a dinner date a week or so ahead of our anniversary I pulled into the hotel parking deck and totally surprised her!

Then a week later, I surprised her again when I pulled up to the entrance to the Jefferson. We took the hotel shuttle to the ballet, and upon our return to the room we were BOTH surprised when we saw champagne and strawberries along with a hand written note from the manager thanking us for allowing them the honor of hosting us for our anniversary.

I know I am a hopeless romantic, but I just gotta be true to who I am!
        Cyn

Anonymous

In terms of clothing, makeup, etc. I suppose I’m high maintenance, because I insist on quality. (However, quality can be found in thrift stores etc., if a girl knows what to look for…)

In terms of what makes me happy in LIVING – then, no, I’m not high maintenance at all…I love the simple things…and truthfully (for me) the things that make me laugh…the things that make me HAPPY…usually don’t cost a thing!

Hugs!

Shawna

It’s such a tricky question isn’t it? It’s hard to say definitively yes or no, well for me anyway. Some things make me think I am overwhelmingly YES! But I also appreciate the simpler things….

I must admit I can be demanding in that I enjoy and want quality items.  I don’t throw hissy fits if things don’t go a certain way but I can be very stubborn.

Kayla
        Managing Ambassador

Anne

I can be stubborn in a loving way 😀

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Kayla.

Haha….Kayla…maybe some day we can go out on a girls night out together and find out who is more lovingly stubborn.

Maria Darlov (KGB)
          Managing Ambassador

Ya think?? LOL!

Becka
      Lady

But I can be a handful, otherwise!

Maintenance……….an obscure word.  Food…no. My car and truck….yes.   My clothes…..yes…..shoes….yes. Living quarters….yes and no. Vacation spots…..yes.    Dining……..yes to medium.  Hair and make up……wildly fussy.

Kayla
        Managing Ambassador

Love your comment Veronica

Sophie is such high maintenance she’s off the scale. After a week as Sophie I’m exhausted and start to look forward to drab again!

Sophie spends at least two hours on hair and makeup before even leaving the bedroom. …. because she’s worth it, and I love every minute,

Sophie xxxxx

Not at all

People, their feelings and passion are far more important than any material things, and even with those I understand the reality of busy lives and stresses that make them not ALWAYS accessible.

Anonymous

I’m high maintenance.  I most certainly have many affinities for the “loves of life that count” …you know.  But, due to my gigs (modelling, performing, MUA, MOA, yada yada), I have to keep up with “the scene” and “the crowd” (even if they’re wrong).  The best part is that I’m 21yrs Retired USNavy, and so I’m ‘independent’ and capable of carrying my own loads.  🙂  So, maybe I’m not since I am self-supporting?

Cindy has a good point though.  THAT is certainly the type that would be high maintenance of a different sort (she’s a thinker)!  It’s also the type that would drive me off the deep end (as if I wasn’t already there and ‘deep-sixed’ to boot)!

Am I high maintenance?When in male mode I am usually low key and quiet.In female mode,always in full makeup,I tend to be more noteworthy of my appearence .Its true Michelles wardrobe is more expensive than Marty’s,but deep down inside we are both kind,caring people.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?