Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’m noticing a distinctly different feeling while cd in public.  Calm yet I should be nervous, open yet I should be hiding, happy yet I should feel confused,

how do you feel in cd?

Sorry I didn’t get to finish the poll.

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I figured I would answer anyways. I only dress at home but it still makes me happier and a sense of calm does happen.

When I go out as Willow I am more nervous and shy, but I also feel more relaxed, like the guard I have to keep up in boymode can be let down.

Its nice

Anonymous

You’re right—not enough choices, but anyway, I’m an in-home doll……..and it allows me to sway my hips, cross my legs like a woman, show my cleavage, and allows me to run my hands from foot to thigh over very smooth shaven legs under very silky hose………I get to completely look and act like a vixen and completely remove any male-ness of my persona……….and ALL under the eye of my lover, my partner…….she so encourages this, and wants me to be that vixen for her…………..it all feels so wonderful……..did I answer your question ???  Seems I got wrapped up in the ‘event’, rather than focusing on your question………..so sorry !!!

Mikki

Anonymous

There is nervousness about the possible reactions of others, but it’s gently overriden by a feeling of comfort, almost elation about being able to express my feminine side.

Love Laura

I looked for the “much incredibly happier” choice but it wasn’t available so I chose “slightly happier”

Much happier .

Since I have a woman inside me, I feel much happier dressing and acting like my true self.

Anonymous

It is hard to explain but happier and very feminine, just how it should be I think.

Anonymous

I feel about the same. After all, clothes are only clothes… 🙂

If one takes a monochrome view then yes, clothes are only clothes but really does over simplify things. What we wear can have a massive psychological effect on our mood, how we feel about ourselves, how we feel about others and also our self esteem.

It’s really strange when we think about things, how what we are wearing can have a massive effect on our general wellbeing. It’s why for example a bride to be is so meticulous about choosing her wedding gown. It holds so many more connotations for her. Much more than being just a big, posh, expensive dress. It will be a constant aid memoir to her of her big day. It makes her feel desirable and sexy at the very least.

Also consider the vagrant who has only rags to wear. To a large part what he is wearing defines the way society at large treats him (or her). The lack of “acceptable” clothing limits his life chances. With only rags to wear, s/he will for example find it difficult to gain employment. S/he will be viewed with suspicion, viewed as a potential thief and one to be judged and looked down upon. We make so many judgements about people based on what clothing they wear. Further examples of this are the stereotype of the secretary dressing in a pencil skirt, blouse and heels or executives power dressing.

For many of the members of this site, being dressed ‘en female’s helps them to detach from the stresses of their day to day lives. It is a common comment made by cross dressers that they feel very much calmer when dressed. Dressing also helps them to identify much more with women and to experience aspects of womanhood that they would not experience if, like the majority of their brothers, they only wore the gender specific clothing that society dictates they should wear. They also may get a buzz dressing g in these forbidden, sometimes sexy, sometimes stimulating clothes. It is also not uncommon for crossdressers -particularly younger cross dressers – to have some degree of sexual stimulation from wearingng feminine clothing.

So I do hope that it is becoming a little clearer that whilest in the monochrome world clothes are only clothes. When viewed in colour, things are much more complex.

Well that’s my 2 peneth worth.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Anonymous

Considering the question and the answers, I do maintain my statement about clothes being only clothes, monochrome or not.

I can understand how wearing women’s clothes can have a calming effect in most CDs, sure. But the fact is that such is not my experience anymore. Things have as much value and power on us as we allow them to have. And they don’t make me happier by themselves.

And after all, the question was about a personal feeling. You can have your own personal feeling about my answer, but that doesn’t mean that my answer is not correct, as it is correct to me. And I can see in color very well, I assure you.

Gaby

Gaby.

I do respect your opinion on this though as you acknowledge you are perhaps in the minority with respect to the question as presented. Nothing wrong with that though and each person’s experience is personal to them.

I do wonder however if to you clothes are just clothes why you choose you wear female clothing. I just can’t get my head round why if a person does not get something from a particular behaviour, they engage in that behaviour, almost seems like a misnomer – making the big presumption of course that you do crossdress?

Anne-Marie.

Anonymous

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I do crossdress. When I can get the right conditions to do so. Why? Because I like to do it. (Again, simple answer). I do admire women. I like to be able to transform my everyday look into that object of my admiration. It also allows me to express in some ways I just couldn’t as a guy basically.</p>
            I remember back maybe some 20+ years ago y shared the thought of “I really have to be able to dress or I’m going to die!”  Well, of course it was a figure of speech, but I found out that I really wasn’t going to die or be happier or become smarter regardless of the clothes I was wearing because they are external props only.

If you wake up after several days in a coma, and you feel that you are wearing silk pajamas… before you actually can see them,  is it a different sensation if they are blue men’s silk pj’s or pink women’s silk pj’s?

To whatever level of gender “issues” I may have, who I am is not in the clothes. I see no appeal in underdressing or stealth dressing. If dressing and not presenting as a woman, well not my thing. So Anna-Marie, to each their own, right?

Gabriella.

Of course to each their own.

Enjoy your dressing.

Anne-Marie.

Gaby,

I am with in that that I don’t underdress, and to a degree the clothes are just clothes.

They are also a gateway that allows Willow to come out. She doesn’t come out unless I am dressed, and when she is done the urge to take the clothes off becomes as strong as the urge to put them on was.

Obviously, this is different for each of us, as some of us want to become the woman, some of us are, some just want to express our femininity, and some have 2 completely different sides that lead to this. I can see your point, but it just doesn’t even apply to some of us since we actually do change personality when we change clothes.

This poll does not have enough options.  Neither of the options present are accurate for me.  How I choose to dress is about being me.  Some days that may  be a skirt and blouse other days, it may be trousers, a shirt, and a ties, while others something casual and comfortable (usually a mixture of the masculine and feminine).  I am happy when I dress as I wish, and not as happy when my choice is limited.

MacKenzie Alexandra

For me the feeling used to be excitement and sexual stimulation followed by periods of intense.guilt particularly when I was participating in this behaviour in stealth mode.

As my circumstances have changed, engaging in [so called] cross dressing behaviours began to help me feel more at peace with myself. The feeling of guilt have subsided, along with the associated purges and I feel more comfortable wearing femme style clothing. I also feel more at peace with myself and more contented. It’s almost like the two sides to my personality have found harmony with each other.

I have both masculine and feminine aspects to my psychological make-up. Society (viewing only the wrapper) sees me as male. Crossdressing helps me to redress the imbalance and installs a level of euthymia to my mood.

Take care.girls.

Anne-Marie.

IsabelB
      Lady

I’m sorry, but I can’t honestly answer this poll – the choices just aren’t there!
      Significantly happier, much happier, lots happier – any of those would work, even ‘happier’ would just about do, but ‘slightly happier’ just doesn’t cut it…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?