- less than 5 pair
- Less than 10 pair
- More than 10, but less than 20.
- More than 20 pair
- Too many to possiblily count
- October 28, 2020 at 4:24 pm #399919Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1326Has thanked: 3799 timesBeen thanked: 3702 times
Going through my pantyhose today I realized again how many pairs I have, and that doesn’t include stockings, and a few stay ups. Though mostly I have pantyhose and stockings.
My wife was with me, and she was rather shocked at how many I had. I didn’t want to tell her how many other pair I had stashed away! It is much the same as with bras, I have so many more than my wife!
So I wondered how many of the girls here are the same.
To try to simplify things a bit, I’m lumping all the kinds of hosiery together, though I know we all tend to have our favourite kinds.
- This topic was modified 6 months ago by Amy Myers. Reason: grammar
Total of 27 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 17, 2021 at 3:04 am #434326AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 124Has thanked: 160 timesBeen thanked: 439 times
- December 26, 2020 at 7:47 pm #423535Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 6Replies: 446Has thanked: 246 timesBeen thanked: 1771 times
I have too many to count.
I usually wear Hanes Silk Reflections, either pantyhose or stay up stockings. I often get it from an outlet store 1/4 mile from my home, but I may buy them online as well. I wear these in the cooler months when taking a walk outdoors to keep my legs warm while wearing a skirt. Sometimes I’ll wear them even in the winter for a walk because my legs are more sensitive than in tights. I have an ankle length coat so I’m not worried about keeping my legs warm. I will also wear them in any season if I am attending a party where I am going to be nicely dressed and wearing closed heels. Because they run so easily, I stock up on these.
I also have quite a number of tights. I have a lot of grey and black pairs to wear in the winter months. I also have some colored tights, some from Target and some from the Halloween store. Red, purple, brown, and burgundy. And some patterned tights that I have recently bought from Target as well. I also have a couple of stay up tights (high denier stockings as thick as tights).
I also bought a couple of pairs of white stockings with a bridal pattern.
In recent months I got a ton more. Because of the pandemic, I was cleaning out my brother/mother’s apartment independent of my siblings. I took a few items from my mother that had been there a while, and would otherwise end up being discarded. Some dresses, tee shirts, and tank tops. Some cotton panties, half slips and girdles (a couple with the tags still on from department stores that closed 30-40 years before). A couple of bras. And a ton of pantyhose. When I sorted it out, it took 2 drawers to put them in. Some day pantyhose, some silkier hose, one pair of stockings. Some knee highs. A couple of bags of peds (thrown in bags and now impossible to find a pair; I just have to hope they will fit my larger feet without slipping off). A few pairs that have a silky white panty connected to tan hose (remember when pantyhose were truly panties + hose?). Now some of the pantyhose had runs in then the first time I put them on (they were used, after all), so I have no qualms about getting rid of them.
And when my friend was moving, she had some pantyhose and stockings that I got as well. There were some Secrets In Lace stockings (requiring a garter). Yes, Dr. T.J, I can second this; they are very nice to wear. And she even had a pair of L’eggs pantyhose still in the egg! How many remember when L’eggs pantyhose came in eggs, and had a built-in panty? Talk about nostalgia!
With the number that I got from my mom’s, I haven’t attempted to count how many pair I own.
- January 17, 2021 at 9:10 am #434456Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1326Has thanked: 3799 timesBeen thanked: 3702 times
Yes, Alison, I do remember when the Leggs pantyhose came in pink eggs! Very cute, though I never had a pair. I suppose one could buy them off of e… but it would be a shame to use them now I think.
A few months ago I bought some vintage pantyhose off of e… which I don’t intend to use, I just like the package.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 26, 2020 at 6:49 am #423284HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 23Replies: 277Has thanked: 1007 timesBeen thanked: 1053 times
I might have two maybe 3 pairs of stockings. Not much for them and thats still more than my wife. She dont own any, heck before she meet me. She didnt even own a dress or a nightgown. She likes to say, i bought out the girl inside her.
Well do you exspeak she has 4 brothers, she is the youngest and her mom died young. So she was raised with men
- December 24, 2020 at 3:23 pm #422792Pumped ForheelsLadyRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 57Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 198 times
I have drawer dividers for my hosiery. 25 “pockets” per divider, two of them, all full and a few unopened packages of “back up” stockings and pantyhose for when the ones I wear fail. A girl has to have back ups! I would guess 60 paisr?
- December 24, 2020 at 9:49 am #422694Heather MeganLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 35Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 175 times
I’m not really sure how many I have but its quite a few between being the vast majority high denier opaque tights (black, navy, red, pink, dark & light grey, white, cable knit, thermal). In the colder weather I wear tight to keep warm when out (or home) but I also just like wearing them. I have some fancy thigh high sheer stockings with garters for occasions, but really no sheer pantyhose. In Warner weather I just go without hosiery. I also have a large collection of socks, from ruffle anklets for play (cos or otherwise), ankle socks, knee high even thigh high. In the end, I’m not necessarily looking to emulate modern feminine fashion, but dress to blend In a way that I feel good about myself. Hugs
- December 23, 2020 at 12:12 pm #422248Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 691Has thanked: 43568 timesBeen thanked: 1427 times
I voted more than 20 pair.
I have 10 pairs of lace top thigh high stockings. 2 white, 3 black, 2 red with backseam, and 3 nude.
I have 6 pairs of black suspender hose (my goto hosiery). 4 pairs with solid welt; might have more unopened. 1 pair with lace suspenders, and 1 pair with lace waist.
Since October this year I’ve been bitten by the tights bug.
2 pairs of No Nonsense Great Shapes Cooling tights; lightest color 20 denier.
22 pairs of Secret Treasures sheer tights. 9 mocha, 6 cocoa, and 7 mystical rose(has stitched in roses). I hit 4 Wal-Marts in my area; they had them on clearance sale for 1 dollar/pack. I couldn’t pass any of these up.
I also recently bought 2 pairs of grey tights and 2 pairs of navy tights; higher than 20 denier but not opaque.
- November 14, 2020 at 7:22 am #406464
- November 8, 2020 at 2:01 pm #404311BaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1326Has thanked: 3799 timesBeen thanked: 3702 times
Kristen, I cannot speak for others, but part of the allure is the feel and sexiness of nice hosiery. Also in my case I have scars on my lower legs due to previous injuries, my shape is alright, but I always wear something on my legs if I’m in a skirt or dress, for me about 40 denier is perfect to hide my imperfections.
- November 4, 2020 at 4:45 pm #402957Kayla OlsonLadyRegistered On: June 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 65Has thanked: 504 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
My god Kayla, your wardrobe must be like a warehouse! even if you allow some for snags you can still cover about 4 years ,at a pair per day.
I always have an extra pair or 2 or 3 on hand to cover all normal and emergency situations, events and occasions . My favorite deniers range from 10-20 with my second favorite being 40 denier. Wolford Neon 40 is to die for along with the Cecilia de Rafael Eterno line. Net and Lace pantyhose really spice up the sexiness factor and I absolutely love wearing them with 1 of my pairs of 7″ stilettos. A girl cannot have enough pantyhose.
- November 4, 2020 at 6:41 am #402762Kristen MooreLadyRegistered On: August 2, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 31Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 94 times
For me, the most shocking thing is that so many are wearing pantyhose to begin with.
For much of the 20th century, pantyhose were an essential component of any polished woman’s outfit. But then, many Gen X and Boomers stopped wearing pantyhose years ago, dismissing them as uncomfortable and easily ruined by runs. Most Millennial women have never even worn them, and thanks to more casual office wear, they don’t need to in most offices.
Overall sales for hose are down and studies are finding that only crossdressers are buying them. Which is mind blowing. Even cosmopolitan has run many articles saying “hose are out” and “hose are not okay”. The whole point of this is to emulate women. So if women aren’t wearing them, why are we? They’re no longer an item of femininity. Easiest way to spot a cross dresser in pubic these days, is if they’re wearing hose. It’s well passed time to burn those things and join the 21st century.
- December 26, 2020 at 8:57 pm #423546Melanie KleinLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 7Has thanked: 14 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
Hi Girls , my n name is Melanie and I’m new to CDH. I’m also new cross dressing. I have two pair of pantyhose, black and brown. I love wearing pantyhose during the day and sleep in them at night.I hope to make some friends here.
- November 3, 2020 at 8:46 am #402348JessicaRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 4Has thanked: 17 timesBeen thanked: 14 times
I have between 100-150 pair. I own nylons- knee highs, thigh highs, sheer, silky, shiny, textured and patterned, control top, tights- opaque, footless patterned. all colors imaginable but out of my three drawers (and a box) of nylons and tights, the nylons are mostly nude, suntan, all shades of black. There’s not an outfit of over 500 I don’t have a pair of nylons or tights for.
- November 2, 2020 at 7:52 am #401822Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 292Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 1098 times
I always have a couple of pairs of new ones but can’t understand how you can amass so many pairs? Mine self destruct after 2/3 times and are only fit for the bin but at £4 for a pack of 5 it’s hardly worth washing them.
- November 2, 2020 at 7:29 am #401814
- November 2, 2020 at 1:49 am #401733
- November 1, 2020 at 7:44 pm #401675T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 353Has thanked: 3857 timesBeen thanked: 1472 times
- November 1, 2020 at 7:35 pm #401671BaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1326Has thanked: 3799 timesBeen thanked: 3702 times
- November 1, 2020 at 1:58 pm #401475Phoebe SmythLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 152Has thanked: 380 timesBeen thanked: 341 times
I’m constantly loosing count but I put 10 to 20. It may be more. Their so delicate I’m constantly replenishing them so It’s hard to keep track.
Thinking of switching to tights but I’m not sure if they’d be as comfortable or be any more durable. Some of the lacy and colored ones look fun. Always wanted striped or plaid.
- November 1, 2020 at 11:58 am #401415PY MarshallDuchessRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 362Has thanked: 1573 timesBeen thanked: 1099 times
- November 1, 2020 at 7:20 am #401353Scarlett398PrincessRegistered On: June 29, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 506Has thanked: 792 timesBeen thanked: 1158 times
Hi there Amy! My count is over 200! And 90% of my hose are Hanes Silk Reflections. And 90% of my opaque tights I wear in the Fall and Winter are by Hanes as well.
In regards to the tights, I don’t think there’s a color they make them in that I don’t have, however, I would say at least 70% of those are in black with brown coming in a distant second color. The other colors include gray, navy blue, ivory, burgundy, white, and a couple of other colors I’m forgetting!
I don’t like patterned tights, however, I do own about 10 pairs of those all in black!
You’ll never see or hear about me wearing a pair of knee high hose. I think they are not sexy or flattering in anyway! I wouldn’t even wear them with jeans or slacks – just not my style at all!
Great question, Amy! XOXOXO Scarlett
- October 31, 2020 at 3:33 pm #401132
- October 30, 2020 at 5:49 am #400667Dandy LionDuchessRegistered On: October 23, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 16 times
The how many? Did not ask with or without runs LOL I seem to be a snag generating machine but because I only dress in privet and no one but me is going to see them I will save them to ware them again and then never do nor do I get rid of them. So it would seem that I have no idea on what the hell I’m doing but I LOVE THEM
- October 30, 2020 at 12:18 am #400592
- October 30, 2020 at 12:07 am #400591Michelle BaileyLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 113Has thanked: 4156 timesBeen thanked: 506 times
I have between 10 and 20 pairs of pantyhose and a few pairs of stockings ,now that it has turned colder wearing my black tights more ,this year found a lovely colour of pantyhose American tan ,bought nine pairs ,this is the colour the girl next door used to wear in with stockings when I was a teenager and I used to ‘borrow them’ from time to time . Michelle xx
- October 29, 2020 at 3:57 pm #400387Kayla OlsonLadyRegistered On: June 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 65Has thanked: 504 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
At last count over 1,500 pairs and just received another 31 pairs from shapings.com today. They are pretty much in every conceivable color and style. The majority are sheer to waist but there are some reinforced panty. This includes fishnets in a multitude of colors some with a backseam. I have a weakness for floral lace pantyhose. I enjoy wearing a sheer black base before layering with a funky lace design. I have ultra-sheer 5 denier all the up to 200 denier support pantyhose. Much like high heels, a girl cannot have enough sexy pantyhose. When they are paired together they really can really amplify the sexiness of any outfit.
- October 29, 2020 at 3:31 pm #400385
- October 29, 2020 at 8:20 am #400192
- October 29, 2020 at 8:17 am #400188
- October 29, 2020 at 7:35 am #400166Kay LambertLadyRegistered On: February 28, 2017Topics: 3Replies: 56Has thanked: 249 timesBeen thanked: 322 times
- October 29, 2020 at 6:37 am #400136
- October 29, 2020 at 6:00 am #400107AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 29Replies: 244Has thanked: 1463 timesBeen thanked: 1425 times
i have under 10 pair. all black designer ones. i only wear them in the winter when its cold. i perfer bare legs. dont like that they cover up my toe nails. i spend good money on my pedicures and want to show them off.
- October 29, 2020 at 4:52 am #400078Nikki DahlLadyRegistered On: July 20, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 125Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 285 times
- October 29, 2020 at 4:17 am #400062Martina KlarcDuchessRegistered On: December 23, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 15Has thanked: 61 timesBeen thanked: 83 times
I love all kinds of nylons/pantyhose. My main “staple” is light support nude pantyhose & I always have 6 or seven pair on hand. I underdress with them & sometimes wear stockings over them if I am dressing to go out. I also have several pair in Suntan & several in black. I also have many different kinds & styles in different deniers but prefer around 20 denier or sometimes ultra sheer. I also have many Halloween style hose (15-20) & several other holiday themed hose. Some higher denier hose or tights mostly for winter. I would guess altogether I am approaching 100 pr. I will probably not live long enough to wear them all but if I see a good sale I will buy more.
- October 28, 2020 at 6:55 pm #399965T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 353Has thanked: 3857 timesBeen thanked: 1472 times
- October 28, 2020 at 6:47 pm #399963Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 604Has thanked: 1900 timesBeen thanked: 2605 times
- October 28, 2020 at 5:50 pm #399949Rei DurdenBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 803Has thanked: 4991 timesBeen thanked: 3337 times
This question came at almost the perfect time, Funny how the universe works sometimes.
After last years purge it wasn’t until a few hours ago that a courier showed up at my door with 10+ brand spanking new panty hose, garters and stay ups as well as some knee highs and ankle hose.
Great news is I’m all smooth and shaved, bad news…..I am starting my 3 days of work tomorrow (12+ hours day) so there’s basically zero time to play dress up until Saturday night!
- October 28, 2020 at 5:43 pm #399946T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 353Has thanked: 3857 timesBeen thanked: 1472 times
I am a 100% , nhlon stocking Lady! Mostly from Secrets in Lace , Gio and What Katie Did.
I love all color s, patterns, with and without back seams.eter
I love my garters on my OBGs, garter belts , and Body briefer, so my waist cincher.
- October 28, 2020 at 5:19 pm #399933Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 17Replies: 185Has thanked: 341 timesBeen thanked: 966 times
I have around 14 pairs of tights, pantyhose. A mixture of various deniers.
A couple of pantyhose are thick, 200 denier, which I only wear in winter. They are more like tights, but I include them as pantyhose because they have the feet part.
I have some more sheer pantyhose, all in black.
And I have a mixture of tights, in blue, and black. Full leg, and 1/2 calf. And in medium and large size.
14 is a good round number, as we do a fortnightly laundry run.
I did raid a pair the other night, as we have moisture in the cupboards. I cut the feet off and filled them with rice. When the pantyhose breakdown, we cut them into strips and use them in the garden, as stake ties..
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.