- Full time
- Every Week
- 6-8 times a year
- 1-5 times a year
- only a couple of times, ever
Tagged: Going out
- November 13, 2020 at 4:06 pm #406278BillieJayFounderRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 591Replies: 154Has thanked: 273 timesBeen thanked: 506 times
I’ve been out several times in the last year, but that was the start of my outings.
how often do you go out?
- January 4, 2021 at 1:18 pm #427381Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 700Has thanked: 44113 timesBeen thanked: 1495 times
I voted monthly. I belong to two CD/TG support groups in my area. The first meets the 2nd and 4th Monday, while the second meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday. The first group also has public outings on certain nights. I was planning on joining the 3rd Thursday outing this past year. However, COVID canceled that and the meetings as well. I hope the COVID social gathering restrictions are lifted soon.
- December 18, 2020 at 1:35 am #419763HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 24Replies: 281Has thanked: 1010 timesBeen thanked: 1069 times
Almost full-time but different from most. I like to say I’m a stealth crossdresser. I blend in with men. In most cases you could not tell I was wearing women’s clothing. From plain women’s jeans, leggings(well I don’t think this counts anymore. I notice there is a legging craze with men lately. It is becoming the new normal for men to wear leggings)and everything else. I don’t shave off my big three-foot beard. I just me doing me. Don’t follow the gender lines, I am more bending them to they are at their breaking point.
So if you see a man with a big gray beard, chest full of hair, in a sundress and big floppy hat. That just might be me.
So walk up and say I bet your Hippie and say hello
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 16, 2020 at 10:18 pm #419206Ellie HopeBaronessRegistered On: October 3, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 106Has thanked: 188 timesBeen thanked: 402 times
Since last fall, Ellie is pretty much full time at home and out in public. The exception is when I am with my wife as she is not comfortable being seen with Ellie in public. I’m hoping that with eventually change, but I am not pushing her on this. Ellie goes out with her daughters and sister, and on all general errands, groceries, Dr. visits, hardware store, recreation activities, etc.
The big kicker for me is who will return to the office when it finally reopens, Ellie or Ed? It’s going to be awkward and challenging the first couple of days since few at work are aware of Ellie, they have only seen Ed thanks to COVID. It’s becoming clear to me, however, that Ellie must be who represents me now, she makes me so happy. Ed, not so much.
Hugs and love, Ellie
- December 16, 2020 at 5:13 pm #419149
- December 11, 2020 at 9:15 am #416852DeeAnn HopingsDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 799Has thanked: 9 timesBeen thanked: 2178 times
- December 10, 2020 at 10:03 am #416553EmilyLadyRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 22Replies: 780Has thanked: 4465 timesBeen thanked: 2544 times
I have only just recently joined the weekly club. As my confidence grows, so does my courage. I have been out 4 times this week. One trip included a shopping excursion to Walmart. I know, not very classy, but I needed a few things from there. Thanks for asking a fun question!
- December 8, 2020 at 11:41 am #415839Heather MeganLadyRegistered On: May 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 47Has thanked: 147 timesBeen thanked: 228 times
I’m dressed most times I go out now, except for when I need to use an ID or I’m meeting folks I’m not out to. Honestly, the current situation helped me to get out and confident because I could wear a mask and “hide” somewhat. Now that I’m Heather about 80% of the time I spend out I am more confident and really don’t like the 20% I’m not. I’d say that right now is a unique time to be able to get out with less people and the chance to hide a bit as well! If you haven’t yet ow want to more, I say go for it girl!
- December 7, 2020 at 10:23 pm #415607Daisy MarieLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 83Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 339 times
- November 15, 2020 at 6:08 pm #407054
- November 15, 2020 at 6:51 am #406822Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1315Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 1523 times
- November 14, 2020 at 4:04 pm #406604DeLoraLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 63Replies: 289Has thanked: 929 timesBeen thanked: 1608 times
I get to go out dressed about once a month right now.
I travel for work, driving 960 km from my home to the job site where I stay for 3 or 4 weeks at a time. These drives have become the time that I can enjoy being dressed for 12 hours at a time. I do makeup, get dressed and drive. There are a few towns I stop in to go shopping or for food/coffee/fuel. The sandwich shop where I get lunch actually know my usual now. It is so affirming to be acknowledged as a person in my femme presentation.
- November 14, 2020 at 10:58 am #406547AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1706Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9371 times
- November 14, 2020 at 7:12 am #406446Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1646Has thanked: 1232 timesBeen thanked: 4468 times
I try to get out as often as possible. Often it’s just a drive around in the car and getting out here and there or doing some brief errands. I have found on the hot and humid summer days, wearing a wig is very uncomfortable and hot so I won’t go out because of that. On some brutally cold winter days I find ust the opposite to be true. As much as I love my sheer pantyhose and, short dresses, it’s just too cold to go out dressed that way if it’s just going to be a get out and experience adventure.
In the spring and fall seasons I get out as often as possible. I would love to have really great adventures with other CD’s when I do but often it’s just my little drive arounds with brief stops.
- November 14, 2020 at 6:51 am #406438Michaela JaneLadyRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 24Replies: 331Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 820 times
I checked every week. It might be more, or less depending on where I am going. Most of my outings are for grocery pickups and one of those involves entering a store. When I go into a store, I don’t wear my wig or forms but my pants, shoes (no heels), top and undies are all ladies wear. I have read in CDH in the past that this is “stealth” mode. If I do a drive up grocery pickup, I still don’t wear my wig, but very often turn up in a skirt, hose and ballerina flats and also have my forms on. Picking up groceries at Walmart doesn’t require you to get out of the car, so driving there and back home en femme, albeit wig-less, is an achievement for me.
- November 14, 2020 at 6:16 am #406428Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1188Has thanked: 17000 timesBeen thanked: 4661 times
The only time I go out in public and am not dressed is on my way to or from work, and then it is a typical male shopping exercise…. rush in, get what I need and then leave. 20 minutes tops. I find it so much more relaxing to take my time when I am dressed the way I should be, and even a Wal-Mart trip can take over an hour sometimes.
- November 14, 2020 at 5:37 am #406424AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 29Replies: 244Has thanked: 1463 timesBeen thanked: 1425 times
i go out about 3 times a week, sometimes more. i go out every friday and saturday night usually to go out to a restaurant to eat and then to a bar to play pool. its about a 7 to 8 hour a night. then during the week ill dress and go shopping or something for a few hours. in the summer i like to go walking around at the beach. i can usually spend 20 to 30 hours a week out dressed.
- November 14, 2020 at 3:18 am #406394Sally DrinkwaterDuchessRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 295Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 1114 times
Nice question BillieJay,
Up to the onset of the killer bugs I would have said that I would go out ‘every time’ I got dressed. I don’t mean clubbing or pubbing but I loved to go mixing and mingling and would drive miles to explore new shopping centres, I would even take my own shopping with me in order to ‘fit in’ with the crowd.
Alas, no more crowds to hide in and I’ll be damned if I would smudge my lipstick wearing a sweaty mask.
- November 14, 2020 at 3:06 am #406391
- November 14, 2020 at 2:52 am #406386Kelli MarloweLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 69Has thanked: 803 timesBeen thanked: 398 times
I’ll check 1-5, although so far this year it’s one(Halloween drive).It did embolden me to perhaps try another drive or 2 this year.realistically, that’s about as far as I can go unless I drive 100 miles from home, too well known in my tiny county of 30,000.
- November 13, 2020 at 11:10 pm #406335Penny JayLadyRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 50Has thanked: 214 timesBeen thanked: 308 times
- November 13, 2020 at 9:56 pm #406317BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 591Replies: 154Has thanked: 273 timesBeen thanked: 506 times
Emily our weekend out kind of inspired my poll/post.
Stevie, I get that, totally. my first time out, the hardest step I ever took was the first step outside of my room, the first time I went out with the ladies.
Kim, the mask and sunglasses during the day make me soooooooooo much more confident!
- November 13, 2020 at 11:36 pm #406343
- November 13, 2020 at 9:39 pm #406316Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 547Has thanked: 436 timesBeen thanked: 2510 times
The pandemic impacted my outings a lot. I didn’t go out for several months. I’ve started again – maybe 1-2 times a month. I can live with that until things improve. My goal is to live part-time for the next few years. When I retire I want to go full-time.
- November 13, 2020 at 8:40 pm #406313Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 51Replies: 1214Has thanked: 5593 timesBeen thanked: 6287 times
- November 13, 2020 at 8:24 pm #406312Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 479Replies: 1808Has thanked: 8173 timesBeen thanked: 7328 times
- November 13, 2020 at 8:10 pm #406311
- November 13, 2020 at 6:26 pm #406303Brenda LynnLadyRegistered On: November 10, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 20Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 135 times
- November 13, 2020 at 6:03 pm #406296Alison AndersonDuchessRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 7Replies: 480Has thanked: 288 timesBeen thanked: 1946 times
I put down every week, although it is more like almost every day, at least since March when I started working from home.
We have an app from our company that will give us points if we reach certain step levels (or equivalent by doing other exercises) each day. These points could be exchanged for gift cards.
I would usually reach these levels on work days, but not on weekends. I decided a year and a half ago that if I’m going to get paid to go out and walk on weekends (as long as the weather wasn’t awful), I would do it en femme. When the weather or other circumstances prevent it, I’d do my walking on the treadmill.
Since working from home in mid March, I have gone out en femme almost every day for a walk around my neighborhood. Since I only did it a couple of times as a guy before switching to always do it as a woman, the people I see only know me as a woman. I have also done a lot of shopping en femme, partly because of the mask, and partly because I am now shopping solo (being with family members would possibly make me more recognizable; being alone no one will pay close enough attention to figure out who I am).
- November 13, 2020 at 5:57 pm #406293T.J. ByronDuchessRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 370Has thanked: 4155 timesBeen thanked: 1564 times
We have several social groups in this area of the Puget Sound. Mostly we go out to lunch and shopping. Other outings are Social Justice groups in the area to promote LGBTQ+ issues.
We always have a great time!
Be safe All. Later…Dr.T.J.
- November 13, 2020 at 4:21 pm #406280kim donesLadyRegistered On: May 28, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 66 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.