- Full time
- Every Week
- 6-8 times a year
- 1-5 times a year
- only a couple of times, ever
Tagged: Going out
- November 13, 2020 at 4:06 pm #406278BillieJayFounderRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 84Replies: 39Has thanked: 108 timesBeen thanked: 96 times
I’ve been out several times in the last year, but that was the start of my outings.
how often do you go out?
- November 15, 2020 at 6:08 pm #407054Rei DurdenParticipantRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 473Has thanked: 2966 timesBeen thanked: 1747 times
- November 15, 2020 at 6:51 am #406822Lucinda HawknsParticipantRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1178Has thanked: 74 timesBeen thanked: 1159 times
- November 14, 2020 at 4:04 pm #406604DeLoraParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2019Topics: 59Replies: 282Has thanked: 903 timesBeen thanked: 1503 times
I get to go out dressed about once a month right now.
I travel for work, driving 960 km from my home to the job site where I stay for 3 or 4 weeks at a time. These drives have become the time that I can enjoy being dressed for 12 hours at a time. I do makeup, get dressed and drive. There are a few towns I stop in to go shopping or for food/coffee/fuel. The sandwich shop where I get lunch actually know my usual now. It is so affirming to be acknowledged as a person in my femme presentation.
- November 14, 2020 at 10:58 am #406547Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 585Has thanked: 3317 timesBeen thanked: 3031 times
- November 14, 2020 at 7:12 am #406446Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1406Has thanked: 999 timesBeen thanked: 3371 times
I try to get out as often as possible. Often it’s just a drive around in the car and getting out here and there or doing some brief errands. I have found on the hot and humid summer days, wearing a wig is very uncomfortable and hot so I won’t go out because of that. On some brutally cold winter days I find ust the opposite to be true. As much as I love my sheer pantyhose and, short dresses, it’s just too cold to go out dressed that way if it’s just going to be a get out and experience adventure.
In the spring and fall seasons I get out as often as possible. I would love to have really great adventures with other CD’s when I do but often it’s just my little drive arounds with brief stops.
- November 14, 2020 at 6:51 am #406438michaela janeParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 203Has thanked: 178 timesBeen thanked: 388 times
I checked every week. It might be more, or less depending on where I am going. Most of my outings are for grocery pickups and one of those involves entering a store. When I go into a store, I don’t wear my wig or forms but my pants, shoes (no heels), top and undies are all ladies wear. I have read in CDH in the past that this is “stealth” mode. If I do a drive up grocery pickup, I still don’t wear my wig, but very often turn up in a skirt, hose and ballerina flats and also have my forms on. Picking up groceries at Walmart doesn’t require you to get out of the car, so driving there and back home en femme, albeit wig-less, is an achievement for me.
- November 14, 2020 at 6:16 am #406428Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 655Has thanked: 1216 timesBeen thanked: 2329 times
The only time I go out in public and am not dressed is on my way to or from work, and then it is a typical male shopping exercise…. rush in, get what I need and then leave. 20 minutes tops. I find it so much more relaxing to take my time when I am dressed the way I should be, and even a Wal-Mart trip can take over an hour sometimes.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 14, 2020 at 5:37 am #406424Rachel CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 163Has thanked: 936 timesBeen thanked: 833 times
i go out about 3 times a week, sometimes more. i go out every friday and saturday night usually to go out to a restaurant to eat and then to a bar to play pool. its about a 7 to 8 hour a night. then during the week ill dress and go shopping or something for a few hours. in the summer i like to go walking around at the beach. i can usually spend 20 to 30 hours a week out dressed.
- November 14, 2020 at 3:18 am #406394Sally DrinkwaterParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 227Has thanked: 47 timesBeen thanked: 763 times
Nice question BillieJay,
Up to the onset of the killer bugs I would have said that I would go out ‘every time’ I got dressed. I don’t mean clubbing or pubbing but I loved to go mixing and mingling and would drive miles to explore new shopping centres, I would even take my own shopping with me in order to ‘fit in’ with the crowd.
Alas, no more crowds to hide in and I’ll be damned if I would smudge my lipstick wearing a sweaty mask.
- November 14, 2020 at 3:06 am #406391Vanessa VanreedParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 36Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 171 times
- November 14, 2020 at 2:52 am #406386Kelli MarloweParticipantRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 19Has thanked: 172 timesBeen thanked: 124 times
I’ll check 1-5, although so far this year it’s one(Halloween drive).It did embolden me to perhaps try another drive or 2 this year.realistically, that’s about as far as I can go unless I drive 100 miles from home, too well known in my tiny county of 30,000.
- November 13, 2020 at 11:10 pm #406335Penny JayParticipantRegistered On: August 4, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 33Has thanked: 119 timesBeen thanked: 213 times
- November 13, 2020 at 9:56 pm #406317BillieJayFounderRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 84Replies: 39Has thanked: 108 timesBeen thanked: 96 times
Emily our weekend out kind of inspired my poll/post.
Stevie, I get that, totally. my first time out, the hardest step I ever took was the first step outside of my room, the first time I went out with the ladies.
Kim, the mask and sunglasses during the day make me soooooooooo much more confident!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 13, 2020 at 11:36 pm #406343
- November 13, 2020 at 9:39 pm #406316Emily AltParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 302Has thanked: 249 timesBeen thanked: 1312 times
The pandemic impacted my outings a lot. I didn’t go out for several months. I’ve started again – maybe 1-2 times a month. I can live with that until things improve. My goal is to live part-time for the next few years. When I retire I want to go full-time.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 13, 2020 at 8:40 pm #406313Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 628Has thanked: 2868 timesBeen thanked: 3072 times
- November 13, 2020 at 8:24 pm #406312Sa•man•thaFounderRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 304Replies: 1442Has thanked: 6279 timesBeen thanked: 5113 times
- November 13, 2020 at 8:10 pm #406311
- November 13, 2020 at 6:26 pm #406303Brenda LynnParticipantRegistered On: November 10, 2015Topics: 2Replies: 19Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 123 times
- November 13, 2020 at 6:03 pm #406296Alison AndersonParticipantRegistered On: October 15, 2018Topics: 3Replies: 328Has thanked: 154 timesBeen thanked: 1179 times
I put down every week, although it is more like almost every day, at least since March when I started working from home.
We have an app from our company that will give us points if we reach certain step levels (or equivalent by doing other exercises) each day. These points could be exchanged for gift cards.
I would usually reach these levels on work days, but not on weekends. I decided a year and a half ago that if I’m going to get paid to go out and walk on weekends (as long as the weather wasn’t awful), I would do it en femme. When the weather or other circumstances prevent it, I’d do my walking on the treadmill.
Since working from home in mid March, I have gone out en femme almost every day for a walk around my neighborhood. Since I only did it a couple of times as a guy before switching to always do it as a woman, the people I see only know me as a woman. I have also done a lot of shopping en femme, partly because of the mask, and partly because I am now shopping solo (being with family members would possibly make me more recognizable; being alone no one will pay close enough attention to figure out who I am).
- November 13, 2020 at 5:57 pm #406293T.J. ByronParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 237Has thanked: 1918 timesBeen thanked: 866 times
We have several social groups in this area of the Puget Sound. Mostly we go out to lunch and shopping. Other outings are Social Justice groups in the area to promote LGBTQ+ issues.
We always have a great time!
Be safe All. Later…Dr.T.J.
- November 13, 2020 at 4:21 pm #406280
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.