Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

HI Girls today I was at a local Goodwill here in Louisville shopping for girl cloths in drab mode.

I noticed a woman walk in and I suspected she was a crossdresser.After a better look I was pretty certain she was a Crossdresser and I so wanted to strike up a conversation.

My Delimma, what do I say, and maybe their voice isn’t refined enough that they want to have a conversation.

In the end I walked out enamored with how well this C/D was handling herself and wishing I could meet her and maybe find a new friend .

Now I am depressed I didn’t work up the courage to say hi.

Have you girls had similar experiences or can you offer me some advice.

Patty

Patty, see the discussion on the Polls forum titled Noticing Another CD while shopping.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/noticing-another-cd-while-shopping/

Thanks Alison, I knew there was a thread somewhere On this.

I was just so excited to see another crossdresser out in public I had to share.

Patty

Anonymous

Hi Patty, you might want to start with a subtle compliment on the clothes she’s choosing like, oh that’s a pretty blouse, you know ice breakers and see if she’ll reply and go from there.

Thanks heather, I considered that but I figured she would just possibly say thanks and go On.

My after thought was to compliment her on her outfit and just say I was a C/D looking for friends to talk to and if she ever wanted to talk she could text or email me and hand her some info on me.

That probably would be over the top too.

I don’t think that would bother me if it was me.

Patty

I was out shopping in a charity shop as a guy once, and a crossdresser came up to me and started handing me literature about local groups and so forth, thinking I was some kind of frustrated closet dresser sneakily buying frocks in my lunchbreak. If only she knew 😀

She kind of zipped in and zipped away before i had any real chance to strike up a conversation.

But if you see someone, it’s very hard to approach them. Not everyone wants the attention or feels it is appropriate. I don’t mind, but I know other people who would be embarrassed or even offended.

A compliment about the outfit never hurts though.

Thanks Rachel,

Thats why I was so confused .

My desire to talk to actual girl like me was so strong but at the same time I didn’t want to cause this girl to have an unpleasant day out as I admired her so much being out at goodwill shopping.

She was so courageous.

Patty

Patty, just a small greeting will usually be enough to break the ice, good morning or afternoon, hello , or even just a nod once you make eye content.  And ALWAYS follow it up with a nice smile.  It is nice to see another girl like us out in daylight doing what we both like to do, shopping.

PaulaF

I feel the same way. I’d just like a friend to talk too about our experiences. You could of brought up her hair, clothes, shoes. If you wanna talk message me anytime 😊

Eddy Ames
      Lady

A few years ago I attended a CD support group in Louisville one of the members attended with her wife. I saw the wife days later at the market when I was in drab and was afraid to speak to her for fear she would not know who I was. An opportunity missed. Eiddy

Worked for a few months in a thrift shop (out of the closet) that donates to aids research and patients so we had a lot of cds come in the shop. This was the only job I ever had working totally en femme when I felt like it. I found the cds coming in loved the friendly greetings and small talk knowing that they were fully acceptable and appreciated. Just saying I love those shoes or outfit made their day

Just react as you would to any other woman. Hold up something in front of you and ask if she thinks it matches your eyes.

No need to even touch on gender issues, only two shoppers helping each other.

Why say anything but “Hello there”.  She is just a LADY out doing HER shopping.  If you go out in FEM then BE FEM.  Use the ladies restroom, don’t over think everything.  You are a LADY then be a LADY.  When I meet someone I know is LBGQ I treat them as they present them selves.  Don’t judge, Don’t over think it.

Hi Jaymelynne,

I understand what your saying as I too want just be treated like another woman.

However when I saw another CD right in my own town I kinda wanted to meet her with the hope we could develop a friendship.

You just don’t meet many people with our interests and I wish I would have taken the chance and at least said hi.

Maybe thats silly or needy I don’t know.

Patty

I always walk over and introduce myself. for  I would have offered help you find what you were looking for.  sometimes you make the best friends doing stuff like that.  when you have that kind of confidence everybody gains trust and the most important thing is having a sense of security knowing there is somebody else there like you.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?