• This topic has 42 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 30 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Since I began dressing Up fully enfem wearing nothing but Female attire, I’ve only been able to wear and walk without falling in women ‘s flats or “chunky heel ” high heels or similar boots. Or wedge heels.  Or Some 4″ black patent leather mary Jane shoes.

I have tried on in stores various 4 OR 5″ HIGH spiked HEELS both non platform styles. I always feel like my feet are twisting to outside edges of shoe even though they are the wide width for my size.

NOW I AM IN A PICKLE. later this year My SOGGF and I have been invited to a formal charity event Fashion show. She has been invited to be a model and she wants me to be there. But says she wants me to wear a pair of atleast 4.5″ open toe spiked high heels. Towards that end she for a xmas present got me some spiked 4″ pumps. I can walk fine in them on a hard surface floor at home but the minute i  walk on a carpeted floor or a rough sidewalk I feel like my foot,  especially right one is twisting sideways to edge of shoe.

I see pictures here of plenty gals wearing spike high heels. Can any of you SPIKED HEEL GIRLS give me any advice on wearing and walking around in spikes heels without feeling like I m falling sideways. Especially on soft surfaces like carpet.

ATDHVAANNKCSE …{(:-)}…

( A Thanks In Advance)  🤔💃💃💖

Anonymous

Event sounds exciting!!   Practice, practice, practice makes perfect.   As for me, i stopped wearing high pointy heeled pumps because of the discomfort and lack of stability.   Please let us know how your event goes.  Z

Its still in planning stages, my SOGGF is a DOUBLE RADICAL MASTECTOMY BC SURVIVOR, her lady breast CANCER surgeon in conjunction with the hospital is trying to raise awareness and money for women with BC who don’t have good health insurance. So unless the group can get some sponsors and local fashion designers to opt in no date can be set. I think they are aiming for late summer or early fall.

Curious since you seem to have worn spiked heels for some time is it normal to feel like your foot is wobbling a little bit with each step?

Anonymous

First, I find waking on carpeting to be less stable than a hard floor.  The rug will give a little bit as your weight shifts to one side or the other.  In addition, as  you get tired, you’ll wobble more.  Note that the “wobble” is merely how your foot recovers from dealing with shifts in terrain and your body’s sway from side to side.

YMMV, HTH,

Kensie

I do have a couple pairs of cute 4”+ Mary Janes that I pull out on occasion. Typically I dress for comfort though. Those aren’t necessarily comfortable for a full day of wearing though

I tried on a pair of 5 inch stiletto heels once in a shoe store. My wife had to hold my jands while I stood up. Just standing I felt like I was going to break an ankle. I took a few steps and the wife had to help balance me because I looked like a drunk trying to walk. She then had to hold my hands while I sat back down to take them off.

More power to thr girls who can wear those, but I can’t. I’m also 5’10” tall, so, I tend to be more moderate with heel height. 3in heel is my personal limit.

CR, that is what I feel like that I will break my ankle with all my wobbles especially on carpet or rough and sloping surfaces.

Anonymous

Practice, practice, practice and lift you knees a little higher than you usually do.  Walk slowly at the start and increase your speed deliberately.  Some shoes are easier to walk in than others even though they are basically the same shoe.  I also find platforms are easier to walk in because the platform helps with stability.  5″ spiked heels on a 1″ platform = a 4″ shoe.  😉

Good luck, Kensie

When I was working,  most of my GG coworker friends were most always wearing cute Female Business suits similar to the business suits men where expected to wear.

The firm an IT consultant had a very strict dress code. Women were expected to wear Dresses, women’s business suits, no pantsuits. and minimum 3″ high heels, no boots unless weather was bad.  Solid or opaque Bodysuits and skirts were okay.  Sweater dresses a NO NO.

Hi Tammie 🙂 . Believe it or not, in all the time I have been cross dressing, I have never experimented with shoes, let alone 4″ heels! the only thing in my footwear possession, is a pair of size 8 Barbie slippers……..

Fiona xxx

Anonymous

I’ve walked around in 4.5″ heels with no problem over a variety of surfaces (gravel, grass, rough driveway) but they did fit perfectly and had ankles straps for extra hold.   Sometimes you have to walk almost on tip-toe (especially soft surfaces like grass or thick carpet) to stop the spike heel digging in.  Is your heel held firmly within the shoe?  If not you may need some padding.  I do have some 2.5″ heels that are a tad too large and I can’t walk in them properly (similar to what you describe) without extra padding.    A cushion pad under the balls of the feet can aid comfort and stop your foot sliding too far forward or a heel cushion just inside the back of the shoe can help.

I hope the fashion show goes to plan and you conquer those heels!

Tammie

Its all about practice and getting used to them. My wife is still amazed that I can strut around all day in my heels, and she can’t wear anything higher than a 3” heel without issues, let alone a stiletto heel.  She has told me that she’s jealous and always asks how i do it and I tell her “Year’s of practice!  I tell her all the time when we are coming up for a function and she wants to wear heels that two weeks prior she should be practicing every chance she gets even if only in in the house.

Anonymous

I can’t wear really “high” heels i have to wear kitten heels on account of that i broke my ankle joint quite a few years ago and i can’t bend my ankle properly, any heel above 2 and a half inches starts to hurt my ankle and becomes very painful xxxxx

I wouldn’t normally wear heels that high, since I’m rather tall to begin with, but I can strut like a runway model in tall heels when given the chance. I actually taught the one person (apart from my wife) who knows of my feminine side how to walk in tall heels for her wedding! She is one of my best friends, and has always been the one person whom I’ve always felt comfortable in confiding in. Hers didn’t fit me, of course – so we stopped at a huge shoe store where I found a pair that were the same height as hers in my size, and after about ten minutes of lessons, she was ready to not only walk down the aisle, but dance the night away! Sadly, I never got to go to her wedding and dance with her, because my wife absolutely does not like this friend, since learning that I told her about my feminine side (among other personal things). To my wife this was a betrayal to the point where she felt like I’d had an affair, and so now, my friend and I rarely get the chance to see each other any more- though we do chat quite a bit.

[quote quote=139642]I wouldn’t normally wear heels that high, since I’m rather tall to begin with, but I can strut like a runway model in tall heels when given the chance. I actually taught the one person (apart from my wife) who knows of my feminine side how to walk in tall heels for her wedding! She is one of my best friends, and has always been the one person whom I’ve always felt comfortable in confiding in. Hers didn’t fit me, of course – so we stopped at a huge shoe store where I found a pair that were the same height as hers in my size, and after about ten minutes of lessons, she was ready to not only walk down the aisle, but dance the night away! Sadly, I never got to go to her wedding and dance with her, because my wife absolutely does not like this friend, since learning that I told her about my feminine side (among other personal things). To my wife this was a betrayal to the point where she felt like I’d had an affair, and so now, my friend and I rarely get the chance to see each other any more- though we do chat quite a bit.

[/quote]
      Damn, I really ended on a down note, sorry!

Hi  Girls,

I really have a thing for high heels, stilleto, pumps platforms the sexier the better. I already own 8 pair of shoes, one pair of high heels knee boots and 3 pair of high heels ankle boots. I just love heels, and since I’ve only been back c-dressing for a month, I am still practicing my walk. The SO good me tonight she thinks I finally have my walk right. I did struggle at first with twisting ankles, could not walk in carpet, dirt or grass and grabbed everything in the room to steady myself. But practice, practice, practice I did and I’m now walking on 4″ & 5″ heels.

Hhgs, Brands

It takes time and opportunity really! You have to enjoy the effort of growing into 4″ slowly, start out with 2 and keep practicing with a longer time each time till they feewl right for you!  Then grow up to 3″ for a month or so, and then you will know when you are ready for 4″! The more time and opportunities till they become a part of the new FEM YOU!! Thats the way i did it–Allanna

Lea
      Lady

Tammie, that’s great to hear you’ll have an opportunity to wear heels out, and with your SO.

For some strange, torturous reason, the sole and footbed of many heels is smooth, which makes them easy too slide around in and also slip on carpet. “Foot petals” and “sole grips” can help that. Also, try to make the stiletto heel point a little worn down around the corners (use fine sand paper) so that the don’t snag carpet.

Last, practice, practice, practice. Carpet, concrete, tile, wood, curbs, stairs, painted curbs, sewer grates, grass…in heels, a short walk easily reveals that no path is smooth.

Anonymous

3″ heels are my go to – I don’t feel comfortable in flats.

First time I went out fully dressed I had to walk a mile across London in them and was surprised at how totally natural they felt to walk in.

I’ve occasionally worn higher, but they don’t feel as good somehow. Balance is OK, but doors are harder to get through as I’m 6′ 4″ without heels and the stanard door frame is 6′ 6″!

Love

Laura

SOGGF not SOGGE 😉😉😀

Significant Other Genetic Girl Friend

I worry about night in heels too, I’m 6’4″ flat footed. I have a pair of 4 inch ankle boots that I love so I got to watch my head.

Anonymous

I havent gone out in them but I have a pair..still waddling around in them..I look like a teen in her first high heels with those..My BF loves the look and awkwardness he sees,but just not ready to go out in them..besides thats a long way to fall if things do work out..

Morgan

Anonymous

I replied that I wear them on occasionally “Tammie”. No problems walking on them, but not a good match for grocery shopping, for example.

Samantha G…..
      Ambassador

I own many pairs of heels mostly 4 to 5 inch height and one key is to make sure they fit perfectly. If the shoe is too small it will kill your feet after a few minutes in them. If the shoe is too big your foot will slide around and it’s hard to remain stable. I also got in the habit of putting ball of foot pads in almost all my shoes, sadly most heels have little to no padding where it is needed the most !!  Happy Heeling  🙂

Scarlett398
      Princess

Hi Tammie and the rest of the sweet girls on CDH, it’s Scarlett!

I wear 4 to 5 inch heels every time I get my total girl on as Scarlett for my photo shoots I do here at home at least once every two weeks and then share about 10 photos in the All Crossdresser Photos section. It’s almost my only way of getting Scarlett out of the house with the exception of my four nights each year I get out in public when my wife is away on business trips.

The key to me wearing them is based on the quality and proper fit of the shoe. The brand that fits those two requirements most of the time seems to be my Calvin Kleins and they are high heeled open toed sandals.

If I didn’t have pretty feet and toes and used a really red toe polish, I wouldn’t be wearing them. But I’ve been blessed with pretty feet and toes confirmed by the compliments I receive from the girls on this site when they respond to my photo posts.

I can also wear a brand called Mix No. 6 which are also comfortable and easy for me to walk in as well. Now their quality isn’t as top notch as the Calvin Kleins, however, they are priced really low and are well fitting pretty heels and I can walk easily in them as well.

Thanks for bringing up this subject, Tammie, and I enjoyed providing a response that may help the other girls on this site.

By the way, the Calvin Kleins and the Mix No. 6 heels that I mentioned above are purchased at DSW.com on line and then I have them delivered to our nearest store which is in Penscola, Florida. The girls there know I’m a cross dresser even though I never go to pick up the heels as Scarlett. But they always want to see the latest photos of Scarlett when I come in to pick up some heels, boots, or booties and really enjoy the pictures of Scarlett. I’ll be going to see all of them early next week when I go to pick up a gorgeous pair of knee high boots from them that I just ordered last night!

Happy New Year Girls from Scarlett!

[quote quote=139873]4 inches is as high as I go. (This girl loves her feet too much, to go higher!)

5 inches & higher, are made for one thing, & one thing only!

To be scraping the ceiling , (If you get my drift!) *Wink! Wink!*

[/quote]

Bobbie, yes 😄🙄 I do know what u mean  I’m 6′ 1/2″  bare footed, my SOGGF, she is 5′ 10″ and I both wear similar size womans shoes, (she a medium wide and I’m a wide unless I get next size up) she has two pairs of 5″ chunky heel knee hi boots.

My SOGGF and I especially had a Ceiling Scrapping evening in a downtown office building’s parking garage.  We had 2 days of heavy rain and resulting pooling of water on roads & sidewalks, we had a long standing reservation for a Holiday dinner downtown. The morning of the dinner was Dry, but by noon It started raining again. Not having any closed toe hiheels, I wanted to reschedule to a non rainy day, not wanting to have to walk in the rain two blocks from the nearest parking garage, restaurant said no unless you cancel 48 hours u would still have to pay  for the dinner as it was a preplanned special menu for the Holidays.

I suggest to SOGGF that we wear ladies walking shoes to restaurant and change shoes in restaurant lobby/waiting room before being seated. She said that would not really be Acceptable in such a nice restaurant. So I resign myself to wearing my white open toe sandals and having wet feet all evening. Dinner reservation 7pm.

About 3pm she said Tammie, with all this rain we better leave by 530pm. So we better get ready now, especially you take about twice as long getting dressed , You shower 1st, call me when you finish showering, By the time you have showered and dressed minus eye  makeup I can be totally dressed.

SOGGF was dressed and fully made up by time I was putting on my hiheel sandals. She handed me her second pair of Knee Boots said try these on they should fit okay but maybe a little tight. But first change into your vneck spandex bodysuit & spandex mini-skirt I just put on our bed for you instead of your Lace Blouse and ankle length pencil skirt. Then both your feet & skirt won’t get wet.

She was also wearing a bodysuit and miniskirt and her same boots.  So after I  changed, I put on the boots, they fit me a little a tad tight but comfortably tight as she guessed. So I decided to see if I could walk in them to the full length mirror in our walk in closet. Just then SOGGF came in to see how I was doing only then did I reallize our outfits fits were identical.  SOGGF said “Tammie you look TOTALLY AWESOME, Now I going to do ur makeup, like mine, then we will look like my identical twin sister other than our hair length.  So that is what she did. We got plenty of nice compliments. We had a wonderful holiday dinner. By time we finished dinner about 9pm rain stopped.

But navigating the parking garage to the elevator lobby of the office building was a challenge. Clearance height of the garage was 6′ 6″, my hair brushed many of the various pipes etc hanging from the ceiling of each garage level. Thank God SOGGF drove her car. My car has a Yakima Load Warrior Roof Rack. My car height with the rack is 6′ 5” .

wet

Smartina
      Duchess

Number 1, get a pair of shoes that are a snug, accurate fit. I bought two pairs in the same style, white and silver, same size, Euro 43. The white ones seem too big and are sheer agony after a few hours. Silver is a much better fit and I’d wear them going out, as long as it’s not for two long. I love the open toe style to show off painted toe nails.

Number 2, just wear them around the house to get used to them. Obviously, the trick is to keep your balance and the key is to walk on tiptoe. After weeks, it’ll still be painful, but manageable.

It’s just one of many comfort sacrifices to look sexy, but the very best benefits to struggling with spike stilletos is that anything shorter or flatter feels like blessed relief. I have a pair of 2″ stack heel sandals that were very awkward when I first tried them, but after intensive 4″ stilleto wearing, they feel like flats, and for me a better going–out shoe.

Smartina.

Number 2, just wear them around the house to get used to them. Obviously, the trick is to keep your balance and the key is to walk on tiptoe. After weeks, it’ll still be painful, but manageable.” 

Exactly what does “TipToe  mean to you , never putting u heel down firmly or just putting ur toe down first then your weight is mostly on the ball of your foot b4 you put your heel down.

I’ve noticed that when my SOGGF wears her 5” stilettos ( its usually just for a special occasion like a dinner or theater show) and while walking, I seems like her hips are wiggling up and down more than usual when she wears flats or mary Jane wide heel pumps. It seems like the higher and narrower the heel the more her hips wiggle.

Is this what women have to do to keep their balance when walking in high heels especially with stiletto heels.

Smartina
          Duchess

Hi Tammie, I’m not a posture expert but I’ve done a lot of ballet and the walking on tiptoes thing works for me, especially going up and down stairs. Just a causal look at YouTube backs me up on stairs but  walking heel to toe with short strides is recommended on a flat surface, which is the base for a hip swiggling strut.

smartina,

Have u taken ballet classes or are u taking ballet classes?

maybe I  should get courage up and take ballet classes again as I did in my childhood for a few years never got good enough for “toeshoes” and now get good enough for toesshoes Grins 🤔🎶💃

Smartina
            Duchess

Ballet is seen as a feminine activity, and I find it good for posture. I don’t go to classes though, I just watch videos. And got myself some tutus, tights and girls’ ballet shoes 😉

Candace
      Lady

OMG yes I have even worn 5″ when possible but usually for dates do I go that high I love heels and between the wife and me we have over 100 pairs in closet. I love heels I mean love and I enjoy looking sexy. I do not wear 4inch shopping very often but yes always for dinner or drinks and dates

Spike high heels are the ultimate girly footwear. When I dress I almost always wear black stilettos. I measured the heel recently, and they are 4.7 inches. I also have a pair of 5.25 stilettos with a wide, bondage-style ankle strap. I can balance and walk OK in the 4.7’s. The other ones are only good if I’m lying down.😉

High heels look incredibly sexy when I see other women wearing them, and they make me feel sexy when I’m wearing them. More than any garment, they make me feel “changed.” Sure, I can walk in them, but there’s no disputing the fact that high heels are restrictive. You can’t really run, and stairs and curbs are hazards. If you’re out in them, you’re not quite helpless, but you are definitely vulnerable. When I put on my stilettos, I’m saying goodbye to masculinity, and the girly feeling is scary, thrilling and sexy!

But I’m over six feet tall, so my shoes make me a very tall gurl. Too tall, I’m afraid. I want to pass, so I don’t feel like I can go out looking taller than most men. If I am seen in public (I’m working up to that), it is in boring flats, and even then I’m too tall. I wish I were a shorter man, so I could be a tall, elegant woman.

Lori 💋

PS: Don’t know if I can do this but here’s a helpful video on walking in heels:

All my high heels are 4 inch and thanks for that video,i want to walk as a lady but those dont work when it’s winter

Kaarina

Anonymous

Sorry girls, this is not a rabbit hole Nicola’s going down.  Yes, she’s got a silly pair of heels but she’d rather stay with comfort: 2 to 3 inch…

Rami Love
        Lady

Three to four inch heels is about the limit of what my arthritic feet can handle.

Anonymous

I agree with much of the advice given.  First, get a pair of comfortable shoes, whether they are 2″ or 5″.  I think the leather pumps fit better and have a little “give” in them as opposed to the patent leather ones.  I would get my feet used to wearing them around the house, sometimes by just wearing them while sitting or laying down.  Walk as much as comfortable, even on carpet.  Practice turning on one foot and then the other.  Wear stockings or hose to provide a layer between foot and shoe to prevent blisters or abrasions.

If they don’t feel comfortable after a few weeks, discard or sell them and find another pair.  They are relatively cheep, particularly at Payless, DSW or Shoe Carnival.  You don’t want to set yourself back by blisters or cuts as they take a while to heal properly.

As others have said, practice, practice, practice.

You might try some boots with heels, as they give you much more support and stability.

Best wishes,

Susan

Platform spikes are easier for me to walk in.  I had a treadmill when I first started buying shoes and that helped.  I recently read that if you tuck your junk between your legs (and I use a cage) and walk it makes you take smaller steps and feet stay in a straight line like a runway model.  But you really have to tuck it back.  It totally works.  My wife even comment that I had improved my femme walk.  Just don’t sit on a testi….

I’ll freely admit that I’m a shoe whore!

I love High Heels! Even just typing the words feels good.  All of my shoes are 4+ inches high. My favorites are all 5″ heels. I have a hot pink pair of pumps with 7″ heels, and that’s with no platform. I can barely stand in them. My SO says they’re not for walking but for looking good.

I’ve been a cyclist all my life and was a serious rock climber for many years. Both sports have you spending a lot of time standing on your toes, so wearing high heels almost came naturally to me.

I am 76 years young on the 21st February 2019. I am a U.K. Size 10, but can squeeze into a size 9.
      Sadly I do have a deformed toe next to my big on my right foot that bends in an arch at the middle joint, this does get blisters if the footwear fits too snug across the toes and it is a real pain at times.
      Anyway … I do have a selection of female footwear. All sizes shown are U.K. sizes.
      Pleaser matt black PU size10 go go 300 knee length boots with 3 inch heels.
      Pleaser glossy black PU size10 go go 300 knee length boots with 3 inch heels.
      Dolcis size 9.5 black leather knee length boots with a platform and 4.5 inch heels.
      Black leather knee length boots with 3 inch heels, no size shown but feel and look great.
      Black patent size 10 sandals with strap and 1.5 inch heels.
      Black stilletto shoes size 12 with 5 inch heels. The makers name logo looks like Nushee, the N of the logo looks like a shoe.
      I love putting these on but can only sit down or lie on the bed with them on, no way can I walk in them without the fear of twisting my ankles !
      I also have a pair of mens size 10 Chelsea ankle boots with 0.75 inch heels which look and feel great when worn under skinny jeans.
      The go go matt black knee length boots with 3 inch heels are my favourites and I can walk about without any problems.
      I love my retro Dolcis leather platform boots with the 4.5 inch heels but have difficulty in balancing when walking in them.

I haven’t walked outside of my home when dressed en femme, other than back many years ago when I used to be a waitress at the old folks Christmas Parties for several Christmasses, even then I only did this in doors. The other occasion away from home was on the occasion of a dress down (or should I say dress up) day at work in the office when a theme day prior to Christmas had the theme of Schooldays, I won second prize for my schoolgirl outfit.
      Please see photos of me on my website at
      http://www.routebus537.veryold.net/Alison CDH banner.html

Regarding High Heels, I’ve found that I need a snug (not tight) fit in order to balance properly.  I can walk in heels all right, but the important thing for me is to have the heel of my foot NOT move sideways.  If it slides even a little bit it can cause me to twist the shoe and stumble.

I’m going to check out an insert called Vivian Lou which claims to both stabilize the foot and ease any foot pain.

I’m in the market for some nice stilettos to wear to a formal function later in March (Keystone Conference Gala) so I’m doing my research now.

Besides, Shoe Shopping Is Fun!!

Leah

Anonymous

Walking comfortably in heels takes practice.  I found it difficult at first, but now have worn heels as high as 6″ on hard and soft surfaces without any problems.   The things that have helped me are making sure they fit well, step heel to toe and step so that one foot goes directly in front of the other.  I don’t think that last item helps with the ease of walking as much as it helps to put a sway in one’s hips.

SOGGF = 

Significant

Other

Genetic

Girl

Friend

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?