Tagged: 

• This topic has 18 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi

I have a lovely pair of black slingbacks that keep falling off my feet when I walk in stockings or pantyhose.  Does anybody else find slingbacks difficult.

Jennifer

Rosiebeth
      Lady

Hi Jennifer

yes. I had an aweful time with them too. Like you said wearing hosiery made my feet slide all over or come off.  I have learned to walk slower  in them which helps and by tightening them by a notch.  Hope that helps you some what girl.  I won’t stop wearing them because I love the look.

Hugs & Kisses

Rosiebeth.

I used to buy larger shoes and found the smaller ones where painful at first,  but they did stretch and stay on, but sling backs defeated me

XO Jennifer

thanks Rosiebeth.

I have them at the maximum tightness,  walking slowly does help them stay on

Jennifer

Be sure to take smaller steps than usual when wearing heels. That is something that makes a world of difference. And yes, nylons are always going to be slippery…

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have a couple pair that give me trouble.  I read that spraying your feet with hair spray helps.  Haven’t tried it but seems like a messy solution.  Also read to use one of those gel pads that goes under the ball of your foot to prevent it from sliding forward, which keeps tension on the strap.  A lot of GG’s say they work, but I haven’t tried that either.

Why pick on slingbacks?  What about shoes with no backs at all?  My first ‘gurly’ fancy dress included a pair of ‘Scholl’ sandals which fell off with every step.

Finaly at the bottom of my ‘top of the clogs’ list comes the court shoes with 10lbs of wedges to drag around in a poor attempt to look stylish!

I like slingbacks 🙂

Sally xx

I used to have a pair of 4″ wedgeheel black slingback shoes,  experienced the same problem when shoes were 3months old but not when they were new.

My SOGGF hates slingbacks for same reason.

She and I prefer, Mary Jane  pumps,  T-Strap and ankle straps and chunky heel/wedge heels / or heels 1″ or more wide at floor /ground

We both have had foot problems thus neither of us wear Stiletto heels.  Several years ago I wore a pair of 5″ stilettos to a downtown nightclub,  while walking the 5 blocks to car from the club I caught my right heel on the brick’s of the sidewalk about 3′ from the car, tree roots had heaved up the bricks for several feet totally around the tree, we hadn’t noticed when we parked. But being after 2am and that it had rained while we were in club the sidewalk was a little bit wet and slippery,  I badly sprained my ankle, nearly breaking it.

Thusly if I wear Stilettos I have a difficult time keeping my balance. Apparently my SOGGF had a similar situation b4 I met her and B4 she outted me as Xder, we got in to many arguments re her not wearing stilettos, ESPECIALLY for fancy evenings downtown.

Now I know why she INSISTED THAT I WEAR 5″ Closed toe Stilettos that evening for dinner & at nightclub afterwards. By time club closed at 2am after having dinner at restaurant at  8pm my FEET WERE literally Killing me, especially my Toes.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Jennifer, looks like I’m the only one who hasn’t had any problems with my kitten heel slingbacks.  I’ve had them for years, one of the first pair of shoes I bought in a store.  For me, it is really important to try shoes (and boots) on before buying.  I’ve ordered a few pumps through catalogs and I’ve given them all away (usually because they are slightly too big and slip off).  My shoe size is in-between a ladies 10 and 11.  Sometimes size 10 fits perfect, sometimes 10.5 (which can be hard to find especially for inexpensive shoes), and sometimes size 11.  It just depends on the style of the shoe and manufacturer.  So my rule is try them on if you don’t want to go through the hassle of returning shoes. Good luck with your future shoe purchases.  All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

If the shoes are too large they can slip off your feet especially when you are wearing nylons. If too small they will hurt your feet. The best way I have found over many years and lots of pumps and wedges is to try them on. A little tight at first is OK. They will stretch and break in.

Anonymous

I don’t have that style in my wardrobe; but I have noticed something with both flats and heels: With hose, they feel loose and sometimes even slip off, but they are perfect with bare feet. Could this be a reason GGs don’t wear hosiery anymore?

It’s winter now(even in southern Arizona)and my wife is wearing tights. They really enhance her legs.
        Yes, genetic women don’t wear hosiery anymore. I have been told they are a pain to wear.
        The GGs are making a mistake. Hosiery flatters the leg. I’m a hosiery fan for myself and the GGs of the world.

Jessica

Anonymous

I agree, Jessica; I love the way hosiery enhances legs. Now, if only we could persuade the GGs to follow in our footsteps……

Bettylou

Jennifer,
      I think they are a little to big. I would tighten them a notch or two and see how it works. If you can not tighten them any more there was a trick a guy at Payless shoe store told my wife and I have never forgot it. He said take a pair of the toe pads and he said pull the bottom liner up just enough to put the pad under the bottom liner. This will make the shoe size smaller, give you more cushion on the ball of your feet and will pull your foot back from the opening of the toe making wearing the shoes more comfortable. Let me tell you it worked like a dream for my wife. He even said he had a few customers that come in and get shoes larger in size so they can put the pad in. I have not had to do that to my sling backs so far but I have not wore them that often. I did put a pair of gel pads in my 4 inch beige stilettos and it makes them a lot more comfortable on my toes. It did take a little time to find the right position with the gel ones they did not fill the entire toe area.
      Good luck and hope this helps.
      Sara

Thanks Sara

I will try adding some gel pads.  I have used some felt stick on pads from amazon.  They are designed to attach to the straps at the back and do make a difference

Jennifer

Hi Sara

The gel pads have made a big difference.  I will  probably buy a size smaller next.  Thanks for everybody’s advice I have learned so much since joining the site

Jennifer

Your welcome honey. Glad it worked.

Not at all.. Slingbacks are so feminine

Beware you need to have perfect foot…

Anonymous

Sometimes, depends on the stockings I wear for some reason..I have a nice pair of slink back wedgies..

Mo

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?