Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Just wondering if you prefer long hair or short hair and what do you find are the pros and cons of each. For myself, I totally prefer long hair despite the trouble it brings (more information below) because I think I look so much more girly with it long and I really like the feel of it. It also provides more cover over the shoulders, neck and around the front or back.

Top annoyances include:

• It gets messy in the wind
      • It gets too hot in the summer
      • It gets in my food while eating
      • Need to bring hair ties along everywhere I go
      • It gets knotty
      Edie Majeski
      Baroness

Actually I don’t buy a wig  base on it’s length but on it’s color. I look better with lite colors and not so good in dark colors. Anyway, today I prefer shorter hair simply because it’s less trouble and I look good with short hair. Don’t know of any cons with short hair other the lack of coverage. I still wear shoulder length as well, again, because I look good with it, though they can be very uncomfortable especially in the hot weather. My only real requirement in any wig is that it can cover the forehead somewhat. That’s because of my age where I don’t want my deep wrinkles showing.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I prefer longer hair, but not too long. Just below the shoulders is my preference. I think shorter hair makes me look older and hair that’s too long is uncomfortable and difficult to control.</p>

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Long hair love the feel . In my late teens I had hair at mid length down my back . Always wanted to have it back and late last year I decided to let it go and now it’s as you say mid length so moving to lengths of my  years past. With our early hot summer it’s been warm but dealing with it and excited to see how she goes. Beautiful feeling and best of all its my own. 🌹

I have mid length dark brown hair (to the shoulders), and all the top annoyances you listed are very true .

i also have a wig with longer hair (mid back) and hazelnut color for days that I want to be a bit brighter and lighter 😀

With the descriptions given, my hair would have to be considered mid length, just touches the shoulders.

I seem to get smiles from attractive women, more than I did when I wore it shorter!

I’m a product of the late 60’s early 70’s. Graduated H.S. 69 and cut about every 16 or so years for job hunting. Retired and now its staying long.

I love long hair it does look a lot more feminine to me too.  I don’t mind most of the abjections you have except maybe the wind blowing it in my face but love the feel and though of how it makes me more fem so I can get over that.  : )   I think that long hair is great to help frame the face, neck and chest to make a more feminine look to my features.  When I wear shorter hair I think I look more masculine which I believe is kind of true in a lot of women with short hair and I try to stay away from that perspective.  : )

Overall medium to long hair is great not much longer than 4-6 inches down my back.  I have not found a pretty wig I like longer than that.  I also like the longer wig so you can get that nice flowing soft curl in the hair.  I am probably more of 70s style in the 2000s   LOL type of woman.

Sara Marie

Well, my boy hair is usually fairly short since it tends to get bushy rather than long when I let it grow out.

I prefer a medium to short wig, mainly because longer hair just keeps getting in my way, and think it makes my horse face look even longer. Also, when I look around at other women my age I see they mainly wear their hair shorter. Some of them have it styled and it looks complicated, others keep it more or less straight, but most don’t let it go much below their chins, and the ones that do make it end no longer than their shoulders. So I tend to wear a shorter wig, just because that’s the length a woman my age would typically wear.

Millie

That was a difficult question to which to respond.  I have kept my natural hair military short since I was in college without a short exception about 12 year ago.  Do not get me wrong, I love my short hair especially given the lack of maintenance required, but I am curious what it would be like to have long enough to tie back.  As I hate wearing wigs (they make me feel like I am hiding who I am), it would have to be my natural hair.  Unfortunately, I do not see that happening anytime soon for a few various reasons.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

I have had all 3 at some point in male mode.  Currently, short hair is my go to for convenience. Though I am letting it grow a little longer to possibly get a style that I can style more feminine.   I just got my first wig and it is mid length. So now have the best of both worlds.

I have naturally long hair and you hit all of the cons, with the exception of constantly shedding.  I think it’s worth it though.  I just feel so more feminine and sexy with long hair.

I am bald so I don’t really have a choice.

I like the mid length.   Being 75 I think too long of hair wouldn’t look good on me.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I have several wigs in different styles, lengths and colors. I really love the long ones but they are more trouble. They tangle, and sometimes get stuck on things, I have to stop and unstick then so they don’t pull off. I’m not fond of short wigs, To me they do nothing for my feminine appearance.

I found a wig that  a bit below shoulder length. I like the bangs and the style. I bought that wig in blonde, brown and red. Although the same style I look different but I think good in all of them.

For everyday and wearing out to parties. I go with these. To a more intimate meeting or setting I enjoy wearing the long ones.

Anonymous

I have two mid length wigs and two short ones which I love. Due to age the short Cloe wig feels and looks great with bangs and hassle free while out in public . The short hair also shows off earrings well esp if we I am wearing hoops. It depends more on the face I suppose

I have two wigs one is just past the chin and the other one is 2 inch’s past shoulders! Both are brown !!

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?