Tagged: 

• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I saw an ad for this airbrush system. So I looked it up on Amazon, $99 next day free shipping. It looks like you’d  use less and get better coverage. Has anyone used these things before? What do you girls think?

Anonymous

I would ask how often are you using it and what are you trying to accomplish from it.

To me the airbrush system is used in photo shoots like bridal.

But that is just me.

I like makeup. I like the application with sponges, brushes, fingers….

Also the foundation in an airbrush is a fine mist and you may not get the coverage that you need.

Jessica

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I know a makeup artist that swears by it.  She said it took a fair amount of practice to use it effectively.  But once she got the hang of it, she prefers it over traditional methods.

Anonymous

😃 i guess I should try to master the standard method first. Hee hee.

Thanks for asking about this, I too am very curious about it.  The ‘informercial’ for one of these seems to always be on TV in the early morning hours, and it is tempting because they make it look easy and the results look so good (but I’m batting under .250 when it comes to being satisfied with my past infomercial purchases so I’m holding out to see what kind of response you get from the gals here who have actually used one).

I also wonder if you can successfully use other liquid foundations in them so that you’re not beholding to the manufacturer’s line of product?

Dani21
      Lady

Jamie, did you end up purchasing the airbrush kit? I have also been curious about it and would like to hear from someone that uses one.

Anonymous

No, I did not. I had my first professional makeover done at the Desert Crossroads event in Palm Springs. Nathan taught us about the amount of pigment in foundation how most makeup is 25 to 30 % and uses wax (the wax base melts at a lower temp) as its base. High-end makeup has as much as 50% pigment, has a silicone base ( melts at 108). So high-end makeup will cover better, not melt from body heat so you’ll use less of it. The makeup from Tiny Bubbles salon (DMK) didn’t require any beard cover and didn’t come off with sweat or tears. Get this it washes off with water and regular soap. So what I’ve learned is Quality Makeup means I don’t need something like an airbrush. I just need to use the correct quality stuff. I use less it covers everything and looks natural.

Anonymous

HI dani  i hope the info i sent to you helps   JACKIE

Hi Jamie That ad caught my eye also I think its like anything else You just have to practice. I can see professional make up arts using it. I does look like it would save time and saving time for other important issues is what we are all about. It maybe worth the cost to at least try it or it maybe just another item that will put in the bathroom closet I never use.

Luv Stephanie

Anonymous

hi jamie  I  use the luminous air brush and love it takes a little time to master it but i think it is worth the effort   JACKIE

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?