Tagged: ,

Viewing 53 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Simpson Shoe Size Chart

So I’m 13 US men’s and Torrid is my source for shoes.

Sarah Car
      Lady

Hi , I tend to get my shoes from e bay or TV shops , depends on the style of shoe

I’m a UK size 9 (US 11) and if I am lucky, I can find shoes in high street shops, though t’s usually easier to find them on their websites as the shops don’t always stock size 9.

I’ve also had lots of luck in the past in finding shoes in charity shops, although they seem to be becoming rare. I wonder if people are realising they can make a tidy sum by putting them on Ebay and targeting the T-market.

I have also purchased shoes from Ebay and Amazon, though it’s pot luck as far as the fit goes (all size 9 are not necessarily size 9! lol) and many have had to be returned.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I am so very lucky to wear a size 9 1/2 in ladies. I really can buy shoes anywhere I want. It seems most of my shoes come from Dillard’s, Macys or Belk.

Size 12 US. The charts say I should take a 13 or so womens, but that ain’t so. 14 is too small, 15 too big, and 14.5 is even harder to find. I can only afford Amazon Essentials. So far so good.

I wear a 11 women’s and have a few 10’s the fit also depending on the style.  I get most of my heels from DSW ( Designer shoe warehouse). They have the clearance rack which I always check first.

Petra Sue
      Lady

I’m a size 13 US/46 EU.  I usually end up getting shoes on eBay.

I wear a size 9 in women’s, I have small feet I guess. I buy mine from Dillard’s, Marshall’s and the local Goodwill sells new shoes and I can get name brand for less there. I shop all over though, as I have an addiction for shoes and dresses. If I opened a clothing store I would be my best customer and surely go broke in the first quarter. So I am surely Mad about Shoes!

I’m a 12 men’s.  It’s difficult to even find Womens shoes in size 14 Womens.  I only, so far, have 3 pairs (all heels) that I have purchased.  I look all the time, and don’t want to spend a lot of money.  I have found one on Amazon, one at Janet’s closet, and one at Glamour Boutique.

i to wear a 12 but im wide. go to torrid ,but their sizes run big . i got a 13 for me wich is what i wear in some mens ,so i got 13 from toorrid and they rr a little long but will work. next time im going with a 12 hope this helps

Alysha
      Lady

For me it 7-1/2 to 8-1/2, but it’s the width that get me, wide to double wide in heels. Strappies OK in normal widths.

Shoe show mega

rainbow stores

my two favourites. Always in person as there is lots of seating to try them on and walk about.

I wear 8.5 in men’s and women’s shoes sometimes 8 and then again sometimes 9 just depends on where i get them . I have bought off ebay, amazon ami clubwear along with some other online stores that I do not remember.

I wear a 9 and get them anywhere I can.  I always try to buy leather only and have had good luck at Posh, Goodwill, Macy’s and Kohl’s.  Marg

I wear a UK size 8 (US size 9 men’s, 10 1/2 women’s according to the chart) and buy most of my shoes from M&S, although I recently bought a nice pair from Deichmann’s.

Karen xx

I wear woman’s 9.5 Did I mention I Love Heels. Just give me a good pair of Stiletto any day.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I am a U.K. seven. Funnily enough my mens size, I thought, was an eight until I started to dress then found I was s seven! Womens shoe sizes can differ slightly and trying before buying is recommended as I have found I can fit a six. I shop anywhere a pair takes my fancy, thrift/charity stores have been quite a good source of new and hardly worn samples.

Lucy Bancroft
        Ambassador

I know what exactly you mean Angela.
        I’m a UK size 8, even 8 1/2 sometimes, but Womens shoes that size seem to be way too big.
        I’ve got 7 1/2 and 7s, but haven’t yet found anything that fits perfectly.

It’s been M&S and Amazon for me so far, but as you said, trying on is probably best.

Marianne
      Ambassador

I wear a 39-40 EU so US 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 men’s and 8-9 women’s. I mostly buy in common shoe stores with no limitation of styles.

Open toe shoes I can usually wear women’s size 11. Closed toe some 11 wide but 12 is usually better. I find my biggest problem is width.

Love,

Tommie 💋

I wear a size 9 women’s but I need it to be wide.  I buy them at Macys, Kohls Belks and Torrid.  I usually get a 8.5 at Torrid they fit better plus they have wide shoes.  I think I have a problem or a love of heels bc I have more shoes and boots than my fiancée.

Susan.

Twilla Thompson
      Baroness - Annual

As a wearer of size 13 the options are limited.  I like the glitzy as well as the summer sandal, oh and booties.  I cringe in the shoe department at Dillards while my wife laughs.  She knows I love shoes, but just can’t wear most.  I have been able to find some open toe 12’s that work well enough, but the variety is still small.  I have purchased from Amazon, Ebay, JCI and Beverly Heels.

Julie
      Lady

I buy them online like E-bay, Amazon and locally like TJ Max.

I wear a men’s size 11(US). I’ve been buying most of my heels from Pleaser and Onlymaker in a women’s 13. Some at Torrid in 12’s. They’re all good quality, and some styles go up to a size 16 woman’s. (US)❤️

My shoe size as a man is 8 and I buy women’s size 8 perfect fit. I shop at Asda/Walmart. Plenty of choice flats, kitten heels, stilettos and chunky heels

My woman’s shoe size is 11 which is somewhat hard to find.  I have been able to buy shoes at Shoe Carnival, online, and got a nice pair of black pumps that are comfortable to walk in at a thrift store.

Yvette T
      Lady

I’m a UK size 12 but even some of the UK 13’s from ASOS or LTS are too tight, a 15 from Pleaser is a snug, just about right fit. There’s not much choice though. 🙁

Yvette.

My size varies depending on the width. I can be anywhere from an 11WW, to a 12W or 13 narrow.

I don’t like buying shoes online; shoes are one item you really need to try on. I bought a pair of 11 WW brown booties from Roamans and they felt a bit tight, although I can get used to them after a little while. A few months later I bought the exact same style in black in an 11WW, and it fit perfectly. I had a similar experience with Pleaser locking high heel shoes. I wore the black pair in a 13 and it was killing me, even if I wore them to bed (no pressure on the shoes). I had to buy a shoe stretcher to make them fit. But when I bought a pair in red (again, same style), there were no problems whatsoever.

I used to get from Payless before they went to online only. I tried Torrid a couple of times and found the shoes didn’t fit. Now I’m more likely to look for brands rather than places, especially my “men’s shoes” are really women’s flats. I found Easy Spirit tends to be true to size.

I wear a men’s size 12 in most shoes. For women’s shoes I have bought all mine online. I have 3 from OnlyMaker and seem to do better with a 15 due to width. Almost all mine have come from Amazon. I am restricted to what I can find in my size. I really study the size charts because they do vary. If I find a pair that fits well and looks good I go back and order other colors. I’ve pretty much restricted myself to kitten heel pumps but I love a nice ankle strap. So far I haven’t gone above 3 1/2 inch heels.
      Recently picked up a couple of flats from OnlyMaker although they take a while to ship.
      There is nothing quite like wearing heels to feel feminine, hope I can move up to some taller heels soon.
      I have not tried the in-store route mostly because the odds of finding something to fit seems too low.

I used to buy my heels online. But then I had a wonderful experience at a crossdresser outlet store in Germany and I have now changed to purchasing shoes from regular stores (often better value and much wider range of styles). I was buying my first breast forms in a CD outlet in the Germany and since I was there, I asked about shoes. They asked my size and when I told them (size 7.5 – 8), they informed me that they don’t stock that size since I could get that size shoe in regular stores. Whilst I was disappointed not to acquire a new pair of heels, I simultaneously felt quite good, that my shoe size was considered mainstream for women!

I now shop for shoes in regular shops with my wife, but because I am still not confident enough, she makes the purchase of the shoes for me. It does mean that I don’t try the shoes before buying, but my wife always asks their return policy – she tells the shop that the shoes are not for her (this is obvious as her shoe size is much smaller) and the shop always agrees that there is a full refund if necessary.

Only twice did I drum up the courage to buy some shoes in retail outlets by myself. Once was in a street market. The seller obviously knew they were for me, but he was a kind elderly gentleman and just reassured me that I could bring them back if they did not fit. And once was in a high street store. The sales staff were very helpful and brought out a couple of different sizes for me to try on, which I did. The sales people did not seem to be bothered that a man was trying on stiletto pumps and indeed was wearing stockings. There was a mother and daughter in the store at the same time and they did turn their heads a couple of times and tried to hid their sniggers, but they seemed more embarrassed about their reaction then seemingly wanting to embarrass me.

I love getting new shoes and I’m so grateful that my wife is so supportive and helpful.

High heel shoes (especially strappy sandals) rule!

Dani
      Lady

I quite often buy 9 or sometimes 9.5 in men’s shoes. I think I’m probably closer to 8.5 in reality. But I discovered most women’s size 9 and especially 9W shoes fit quite well. Yes, I have borrowed her shoes. And she is definitely not a shoe queen but she quickly tires of shoe styles so the thrift store has not gotten all her throwaway shoes. Just sayin.

I have areal conundrum unlike anyone else. I was born with a right ‘club foot’ that is 2 1/2 sizes smaller than my left foot Left is  an 11, right is 8 1/2. So I have two choices , I either buy a size 11 and use for both feet and stuff the right foot or boot with lambs wool or cotton, Or- I’ve played sneaky Pete and gone to self service shoe stores or departments and separate the string from each pair of 11’s and 8 1/2 and put them in the same box and pay fit them as one pair. It’s up to the shoe clerks to figure out why the mid March in one box… I know nothing!?😉 and not stealing anything, just paying for a one pair of 👠 shoes

Do some internet searching as I know that a clearing house used to exist back in the 80’s. The son of a former sister-in-law had a difference of something like a size to a size and a half. He was a star basketball player in high school and got a college scholarship (can’t remember where). At the time his parents found an organization that connected people with size differences or only one foot.

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Wanda, thanks for posting. Most times I would take a women’s size 10 but, like clothes, the shoe sizes vary too. I usually buy them on line or at thrift stores. The brick and mortar stores are just too expensive. Have a great weekend.

Thank you, Trish, I hope your weekend is great as well.
        Hugs & kisses, W.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I take a women’s 10 in most brands and have bought a few of my 40 pair on line, but I much prefer to shop in person so I can try them on.

My collection is a combination of new store bought (on discount of course), thrift store bought and a few that have been gifted to me from others, CD’s and GG’s.

Amy

Alli Katz
      Lady

I’m a UK size 8, so I’m lucky I can buy regular women’s shoes. I tend to buy online from regular stores, although pre-internet I somehow had the courage to buy a pair of heels by Dolcis in person in a shop. The shop girls didn’t bat an eyelid!

Yael Lyons
      Duchess

I buy from either eBay or from ThreadUp a discount clothing site. For some reason I wear the same size. Men’s 10 and women’s 10.5. I try to buy designer when I can. I have a few pair of Menolo Blanicks which I love. I have always found it is best to buy quality or quantity. I have also purchased dresses and skirts from ThreadUp.

Emily
      Lady

For me the size really depends on the shoe, I’m an 11.5/12 US mens and find that I can wear an 11,12,or 13 womens. I buy from clearance at Torrid,Cato,Maurices,Wal-Mart and from thrift stores when I find some really cute shoes.I have bout a few pairs from Facebook Market Place also.

I’m anywhere from a size 12 to 13 but sandals and open toe shoes sometimes I can even get away with a size 10 w/ 10 ww.

The best places I have found for shoes is Torrid or Macy’s during a sale and Shoe Show and Encore shoes

After viewing this post again I can see that over half of us are green with envy. Why? Most of us have shoe size 11 or larger. Just not as much available out there in our size. Where is that device from “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids”. With my luck it would only work on hips and tatas.

Love,

Tommie

Sherri Cisneros
      Baroness

Unfortunately, your poll choices does not go high enough.  Ladies 16 for me. 😢

I absolutely love the new stilleto 12cm heel thats available now. Most of the styles, pumps, slingback, strappy sandals,etc. Almost all of which I get off Amazon. Amazingly comfortable, and sheer sexiness.

Wanda:

Interesting choice of size chart from Simpson safety products. I prefer to use this one from Zappos.com:

https://www.zappos.com/c/shoe-size-conversion

All my men’s shoes are US 9 1/2 or 10 and my larger foot measures 10 7/16”. According to the Simpson chart that would be a 9 in men’s. Also, the Simpson chart has some blank spaces. Not sure why that is. Anyway, there is some variance between conversation charts. My correct size in women’s is 11. Size 11 is usually the cutoff for women’s shoes by the major brands, so selection for me isn’t a problem.

I buy all of my shoes new. Some years ago I saw a post about someone having an extended bout with infections due to buying used shoes, so I don’t do that.

I have bought from many different sources online over the years: DSW, Zappos, 6pm, Sierra, Etsy, Poshmark, Houser, Peltz, BORN, TJ Maxx and Belk. The only brick and mortar shoe stores that I have visited are Skechers, DSW and Famous Footware, but I didn’t purchase anything. Favorite brands are: BORN/B.O.C, Callisto and Korks. Those 3 brands account for maybe 2/3 of my 30+ pairs.

I’m lucky I guess. I can squeeze my feet into size 10 women’s shoes with nylons and powder. Closed toe, sometimes I have to go up to an 11. I’ve found that thrift shops have great selection in larger sizes.

Petra Y
      Lady

Mostly buy on line. At the moment have enough so not buying

Shoe sizes have been inconsistent. Generally I find a ladies size nine works fine, and then I find an enigma. I had ordered some size nine white pointed toe heels, but they were so big I had trouble keeping them on. So I reordered at 8.5, and the left fit beautifully, but the right was as big or maybe bigger than the size nine had been! I can see where shopping in person is truely the answer. Now to build up my wardrobe and courage to dress, and go get some shoes! One day, one day!!

I said 11, but they do have half sizes at some stores. Torrid and Lane Bryant are wonderful for those of us with larger feet, and they have some pretty cute styles

I love women’s heeled shoes almost the same as I do panties, bras, hosiery, dresses, skirts, and now jewelry; except of all these, women’s shoes are what I have the least amount of.

The problem is my 10.5″, now 11″ male feet; either I had one final growth spurt, my feet have swelled due to age, or the measurements of current shoes have gotten smaller; 10.5″ shoes are nearly too tight now.

I got my first two pairs of women’s shoes at Payless in 2018 (I was very sad when they closed their stores). A 12W 2.5″ heeled black patented pump and an 11W 3″ open-toe white patented full wedge.

In 2019 and 2020 I had to drive 4 to 4.5 hours to just south of Detroit to Janet’s Closet because that place carries the Pleaser brand, of which I wear a 13 or 14M.

November 2020 I stopped in at a local Shoe Show store and found a 12W woman’s flat with a 1/8 to 1/4″ heel in Natural and Black; I got both. I went back a few months later hoping for the release of the 2021 spring/summer collections; they still had nearly the same stock as in November.

I haven’t bothered going shoe shopping since; most stores don’t offer women’s shoes bigger than 10.5W.

Here in Australia there is a store called Big on Shoes bigonshoes.com.au that caters for shoe sizes up to 16/47 not sure if that’s US or UK. They have amazing customer service do mail order and I have several pairs of shoes from them, a pair of slip on sandals adjustable corded sandals sneakers with a hidden heel ( love them) and a pair of flat soles blue boots. Most of their shoes gave side or rear zips making them much easier to get on and off and I think their prices are reasonable for the availability of being able to buy styles that fit.

I purchased shoes from all kinds of places. I’ve picked up several pairs of really cute heels from offer up as well. Unfortunately shoes can be quite expensive, so I found that offer up is a great way to get heels, especially if you don’t dress often, no pint in spending a lot on something you’re not going to wear very often. Out of the places I’ve ordered from, so far I’ve been really impressed with the Fashion Nova app. Pretty quick deliver and a decent selection and prices. I order an amazing pair of heeled peep toe knee high boots that fit great and easy to walk it. A few days later after they arrived, Fashion Nova had a bogo deal going on so I ordered to more pairs in a different style. One with a chunky heel, which if you’re new to heels, are perfect. I think for the two pairs I bought during the bogo deal it ended up being around $30-$35. Couldn’t say no and pressed that purchase button so quick.

I voted for 9, but I’m really an 8.5. Of course it depends on the shoe.

I buy most of my shoes at DSW, but sometimes on Amazon as well.

In US the most bought shoe size for men in 9 1/2 so no suprise the size of most popular women size at 11 is shown here. Most self service shoe stores seem to inventory womens shoes up to size 11 here like DSW.

Amazon, eBay, Asda and Primark are some of my favourite places to buy shoes. I wear  size 9 (UK) 😊

Hi beautiful are we not worse then women loving shoes so many I buy Amazon or walk into any store

I buy most of my shows online.  Occasionally, I can pick shoes up at DSW since they show store inventories online and I know when they have something that works for me.

Darcy S.
      Lady

Oh, I’m mad about Shoes -the unhappy mad.

I am tall & not only does this create many other problems for me -I take the shoe size availability issue personally lol! Luckily, my favorite clothes store “Maurices” (shameless plug) is a shop that has items true to size. Which I didn’t know was a thing until the XL top I got from another store was maybe a medium, when wet.

But I digress… I am sadly stuck wearing flip-flops, my favorite ones I picked up at Walmart have slightly raised heels they are more like sandals. 3 pairs literally the same kind/style, excluding a white pair with rhinestones across the straps. I do have a nice Pink pair converse chucks, which I throw on occasionally, but even though they are my fav color Pink… at certain shoe sizes especially with chucks you just can’t get away from clown feet effect! They were from a outlet so they bunch around the lacings a defect. So bummed!

I also have found many of the large size available on sites that cater to our specific needs are either shoes that will make me taller which I don’t need help with, or they are designed for special occasions, or costume.
      Honestly, I’m jealous of you out there with more appropriately sized feet! Lol I did try a pair of Mary Jane’s from one site that claimed they would fit. annnddd Oh, I tried you betcha I did… But they were absolutely painful and potentially dangerous too. I may still have public pictures of those shoes.
      The pink strappy high heels also = foot murder. Both of them ended in disaster.

Vehicles, doorways, and shoes! It’s a conspiracy! ☺️ If you noticed the chart in the poll The conversion size for 13 isn’t even listed. probably because that company doesn’t produce those sizes. but, Think Jim Gaffigan- ~it’s… a..shoe conspiracy…

Please, if any tall ladies (6ft 5in-ish tall) can refer me to a site that has Quality Comfortable Fashion Friendly large sizes that complement every-day outfits, I would greatly appreciate it.
      I haven’t googled for potential new resources for a while now because I’ve been on sort of a hiatus. But I trust the word of mouth here more than any reviews online & elsewhere.

Just had a minor Epiphany: I haven’t checked the newer articles/threads in months. I’ll be doing that as well.

Thanks for the poll!
      ~Darcy

Chrissie Smith
      Baroness

Hi girls.

I’m lucky that despite being 6′ 0″ I wear UK size 8 shoes, so can shop at most regular women’s outlets. That being said, I would never shop in person, only online. And as a very occasional crossdresser (only when my wife is away) I’ve looked at Amazon but just get the impression it’s pot luck on size and quality. For my lovely week en femme in June I looked at M & S but nothing took my fancy. I ended up with some gorgeous black 3″ heels from Next which fitted beautifully.

I’m planning my next outfit (just in case the opportunity ever arises again) and have my eye on some pink pumps, and a pink dress and skirt, again from Next. They just seem decent quality and value.

Hugs, Chrissie xx.

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?