- That offends me
- That's hilarious
- Other (please elaborate)
- August 5, 2022 at 4:47 am #667697Dawn JudsonAmbassadorRegistered On: November 26, 2017Topics: 15Replies: 168Has thanked: 438 timesBeen thanked: 799 times
I saw this meme on Facebook, today. I just wanted to post it & get your feelings on it:
- This topic was modified 1 week ago by Dawn Judson.
- August 9, 2022 at 4:47 pm #668866Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 444Has thanked: 573 timesBeen thanked: 1530 times
While in general I find stuff pretty funny and try to take them with a grain of salt.
I can understand if someone is trying to make a point. I actually don’t think it’s that hard to explain the combinations possible… IF you are willing to accept them and treat them with value.
If you make light of a “bird that still has a stinger” you’re teaching the kid to not take it seriously.
So, no, I’m not offended by things that are just funny. Not at all. I have a pretty Effed up sense of humor at times…
Just make sure that the ones you’re responsible for teaching, know the difference 😉
Have fun out there!
- August 8, 2022 at 10:36 am #668503NancyDuchessRegistered On: May 3, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 365Has thanked: 994 timesBeen thanked: 1810 times
Social media and memes are really very complicated things to understand. You can’t read feelings or attitudes from text. So, I at least to some extent judge things like this factoring in the context and source. If someone whom I know is homophobic or transphobic posted it, then I would know that their intent was to make fun of or offend a minority group, or put that group in a negative light to all their friends and family.
I actually just saw a meme earlier that said something like, “If you are making fun of someone who is hurting, then it’s not a joke, it’s bullying.” Sorry if I didn’t quite get the quote right, but the meaning kind of hit home for me.
Again, it’s all context. Seeing the meme shared by one of you, no, I’m not offended. We’re all complex people. 🙂
- August 8, 2022 at 10:05 am #668491RevelBaronessRegistered On: December 5, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 538Has thanked: 1199 timesBeen thanked: 1891 times
- August 7, 2022 at 5:02 pm #668352LeaLadyRegistered On: March 23, 2016Topics: 87Replies: 353Has thanked: 575 timesBeen thanked: 1590 times
They forgot the bee dressed up like a bird…lol.
It’s complicated, and will be so from here on out. I recently heard friend mention their kid was acting trans because it was a rebellious fad.
A “fad”…I couldn’t believe those words. Who would “act” a way that is going to make every relationship and friendship a nervous test of acceptance.
Then they explained how using trans was the perfect way to force a parent to question everything about themselves.
If only there was big emphasis on birds vs bees and it was just that we are all beautiful creatures.
- August 7, 2022 at 2:50 pm #668319Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 56Replies: 970Has thanked: 2279 timesBeen thanked: 4475 times
I replied it is hilarious. But it is kind of sad to, thinking of my 3 yo granddaughter, whenever I see her she just smiles and yells “GRANDPA”, she is happy to see me and doesn’t care how I am dressed. In a year or two I am sure it will come up that most men don’t dress this way and it is not ‘normal’. I AM TIERED OF BEING ‘NORMAL’.
- August 6, 2022 at 9:20 am #668028
- August 6, 2022 at 5:08 am #667945Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 21Replies: 417Has thanked: 1722 timesBeen thanked: 1973 times
Hi Dawn, I saw this a while ago and at first it outset me, but then I thought about it. Sure it is sort of taking a shot at all the different people that are out there, but that may be good. At least people are taking about those who don’t fit into their nice little gender definitions. I began to see where it is a good thing the message is getting out that others do exist and need to be recognized. As Jimmy Buffett once said: “We are the people, our parents warned us about”. Things are changing. I’m okay, you’re okay, we are all okay, let’s talk about it. It is the only way to get the message out there.
- August 5, 2022 at 2:54 pm #667848Holly MorrisLadyRegistered On: April 15, 2022Topics: 45Replies: 110Has thanked: 1227 timesBeen thanked: 1064 times
You have to laugh at something like that! Why? Because if you can’t laugh, you’ve lost something even more important, your sense of humor. Waaaaayyyy too many cultures have already seemed to have lost that, or are in the process of losing that, which really makes things much worse for every single person. We can’t take ourselves that seriously, because at the end of the day, even though it’s a meme, there is an element of truth to it…, and that’s funny!
But that’s just my $.02 worth…
- August 5, 2022 at 8:32 am #667749Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 80Replies: 1946Has thanked: 8557 timesBeen thanked: 9851 times
Hiya Dawn! I saw this on fb too. I find it amusing, but I have a healthy sense of humour and can laugh at myself. Usually its the derogatory responses from the troglodytes out there that offend me.
I’ve found out recently the great level of pure hate directed towards trans people. An interesting debate can turn ugly once they look at my profile. Then it’s….
” oh, sorry, what pronoun should I use with you? 😆😆”…and its all downhill from there. Sad….
- August 5, 2022 at 8:25 am #667744Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1103Has thanked: 4173 timesBeen thanked: 4920 times
It is what any one wants it to be. That’s the way it is these days dependent how it is viewed.
For me I thought it funny as in my day parents would shy away from talking about the birds and the bees, let alone everything else described in the meme.
Many comedic programmes such as Peter Cook and Dudley Moore did a hilarious skit on parents telling children about sex. Father and Roger on sex – check it out You Tube.
I go with Jill and kids – Let them Bee…….
- This reply was modified 1 week ago by Angela Booth.
- August 5, 2022 at 6:52 am #667721Jillian(Jill) EversLadyRegistered On: August 2, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 18Has thanked: 66 timesBeen thanked: 77 times
I have a Wild sense of Humor so it would have to be Something Extreme & meanly directed and even then I would probably find the humor… This is nothing but cute and I do find it Very accurate!! But I don’t think “Kids” need to be inundated with all of it at Young ages but that is exactly what’s happening and most of it is due to the pressures of the LGBTQ community! Sorry but it’s true…. Let the Kids be Kids for a while… It doesn’t last long… especially in this Day & Age….. Jill💖
- August 5, 2022 at 6:21 am #667708Lisa LeighLadyRegistered On: April 20, 2022Topics: 4Replies: 150Has thanked: 461 timesBeen thanked: 575 times
It shows the ignorance of other people that are unwilling to accept or explain to their children the real facts of life. Just my opinion!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- August 5, 2022 at 5:53 am #667706Alicia SunriseLadyRegistered On: June 3, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 74Has thanked: 587 timesBeen thanked: 262 times
I can’t really be bothered by memes. There are thousands created everyday, many are meant to get a reaction and or poke fun at various groups/individuals. I am who I am and try to spend my time worrying about issues that actually affect me.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.