- December 31, 2020 at 5:07 pm #425622Mika MaloneParticipantRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 558Has thanked: 1685 timesBeen thanked: 2199 times
Since I have taken to four inch heels fairly quickly, I decided to dive into the deep end and get some five inch stilettos without a platform. I got two pairs without a platform and one pair with a half inch plat. My other “without” pair are the pumps with built in stockings to look like thigh high boots. I have been having lots of trouble finding boots that are snug and fitted to my legs when getting a size 12 or 13. I just need to avoid getting a snag or a run in my alternative. So, the ones in the photo are better for me to practice walking around the house at the new height. The Oxford style makes them more stable and keeps my toes from getting cramped in the toe box. I prefer almond toe and round toe shoes because my feet don’t look as long. I’ve just had trouble finding 5” stilettos without a pointy toe. Except for my 5” with a half inch platform. Those are sooooo cute and I’ll probably share those with everyone soon.
Total of 21 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 1, 2021 at 10:08 pm #426149Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 438Has thanked: 375 timesBeen thanked: 1989 times
- January 2, 2021 at 7:26 pm #426563Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 558Has thanked: 1685 timesBeen thanked: 2199 times
Thanks, Emily. I still have a ways to go with these 5 inchers. I have so many other pairs of shoes at lower heights now that I can get out with until I’m ready with these. It’s all good.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 2, 2021 at 7:54 pm #426586Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 10Replies: 438Has thanked: 375 timesBeen thanked: 1989 times
I certainly don’t want to dissuade you Mika. Rocking a pair of killer heels is sublime.
Your post resurrected a memory of the time I ruined a pair of stilettos and nearly twisted my ankle. I was walking back to my car after a night of clubbing. The heel on my left shoe got stuck in a crack in the sidewalk. I managed to stop myself from falling but snapped every strap on the shoe. I’d been wearing heels for years when this happened.
Those heels are lovely. Hope you get to wear them out sometime. You go girl!
- January 2, 2021 at 8:27 pm #426615Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 558Has thanked: 1685 timesBeen thanked: 2199 times
Oh, sweetie, you haven’t dissuaded me at all. I still try avoiding cracks, seams, and grates with any height stiletto. I just need to keep practicing with the extreme height at home so I have a more natural looking walk with the 5 inchers. 4 inches is no problem but the 5’s I need to get used to.
- January 1, 2021 at 11:13 am #425913Rei DurdenBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3196 times
Ohhhh, those are gorgeous Mika!
- January 1, 2021 at 8:59 pm #426135
- January 1, 2021 at 7:40 am #425810PY MarshallDuchessRegistered On: July 21, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 288Has thanked: 1225 timesBeen thanked: 845 times
- January 1, 2021 at 1:03 am #425714Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 52Replies: 1460Has thanked: 6776 timesBeen thanked: 8095 times
Nice shoes honey….but they are high heels so what else would you expect me to say!!!!…. maybe you have started a new trend….” just how high can you go”????
I must admit, when I saw the title of your post….I did wonder what the topic would be about???….haha…..
I bet it got Sammy’s pulse racing too.
Happy new year, grace ❤️
- January 1, 2021 at 11:15 am #425916
- January 1, 2021 at 6:03 am #425786stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 118Replies: 1380Has thanked: 2044 timesBeen thanked: 5963 times
- January 1, 2021 at 6:11 am #425792Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 52Replies: 1460Has thanked: 6776 timesBeen thanked: 8095 times
don’t do it Steph….
put the key board down…and back off!!!!
( you haven’t been on the naughty step…since last year!!!!)
- January 1, 2021 at 9:02 pm #426137
- December 31, 2020 at 9:48 pm #425685JOJOLadyRegistered On: August 5, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 40Has thanked: 57 timesBeen thanked: 205 times
To this day I can still remember the wonderful sound my mothers heels made the first time I walked in them. I still get excited when hear that click when I walk on wood floor in my heels. there is nothing else like it.
- December 31, 2020 at 10:14 pm #425688Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 558Has thanked: 1685 timesBeen thanked: 2199 times
I can still remember the first time I put on my mom’s heels too. Must have been 40 years ago. Of course, those were not high heels at all by my current standards. Her bedroom was carpeted so I didn’t get the sound. But all my life, that sound would make my head turn any time I heard it.
- December 31, 2020 at 8:21 pm #425663Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 38Has thanked: 51 timesBeen thanked: 181 times
Cute shoes. Enjoy them. I’ve got 4″ and 5″ pumps. I used to have a pair of 6″ pumps that I lost in a purge. (I’m not going to do that again.) I’m going to have to replace them someday. Learning to walk in such high heels took some time and practice, but they’re worth it. I love they way they make my legs and rear look.
- December 31, 2020 at 8:54 pm #425673Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 558Has thanked: 1685 timesBeen thanked: 2199 times
It was only about six weeks ago that I got my first heels. They were 3.75” chunky heels and I couldn’t believe how awkward they were going to be. Now, I can walk in them like tennis shoes. These 5” stilettos are like that all over again. Maybe, a little easier since I have some heels experience now.
I’ve heard a lot of stories from girls about purging and regretting it later. I have purged some drab clothes in the past because of weight fluctuations and regretted it so I learned my lesson about any purging. Even now that I am making room in my closet for all my girl clothes, I am boxing all my drab clothes up and storing them in the basement.
Get those 6” ones, girl. You deserve it!
- December 31, 2020 at 6:08 pm #425635Shreya ShahLadyRegistered On: April 23, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 184Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 550 times
- December 31, 2020 at 7:08 pm #425644
- December 31, 2020 at 5:56 pm #425633Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 236Has thanked: 4495 timesBeen thanked: 1106 times
I saw these for sale on line somewhere and thought they’re were so cute! I’m just afraid of falling on my face going across the room, or tripping over a shadow or something. I’ll “get a pair” eventually. So jelly!
- December 31, 2020 at 7:14 pm #425648Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 558Has thanked: 1685 timesBeen thanked: 2199 times
Thanks, Bridgette. I got mine from funkypair.com. I was a little worried about going so high so fast. But the way that they tie supports one very well. A straight up pump might not be the best first 5” choice. I still need a lot of at home practicing myself.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.