Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I got my first “proper” wig a few days ago. I chose a black wig because my eyebrows are black (the only hair on my head that still is). And I picked one with bangs to help conceal my eyebrows. I have manicured my eyebrows quite a bit but not nearly as much as I would like. I’m trying to find the fine line between masculine and feminine. What I didn’t expect was how long the bangs were going to be when the wig arrived. I couldn’t see anything regardless of how high I slid the wig up my head. Feeling a bit like cousin It, I found some great YouTube videos of people creating bangs on wigs that didn’t come that way. Thank goodness I did. Had I just tried cutting them straight across, it could have ended in disaster. I didn’t buy a really expensive wig but it’s no cheap costume wig by any means. So, thankfully I learned how to do it right. Chip clipping or point clipping keeps them looking natural (or as natural as a synthetic wig can be) and cutting them in sections rather than all at once keeps them from being too short in the center. Not only can I see now, but I’m a little bit happier with it in general. I still need to powder it before I wear it out because it’s a bit shiny. This really has put me a lot closer to Mika’s public debut and I’m getting so excited. Another round of makeup practice is planned for tomorrow so I hope to get a good picture with a full outfit, hair, and makeup. Maybe even an updated profile pic. The pink fog is thick! Have fun, girls!

Anonymous

Congratulations!! That sounds great! It sounds like you’re putting a lot of effort in! That’s the best way to get the best out.

Thanks, Kitty. A lot of the effort is because I really want to pass as much as possible. I know that not passing is okay too because it helps normalize crossdressing. But for my own confidence, I want everything to go smoothly.

Thanks for sharing Mika.

I remember the first time I got a real wig bringing the prospect of Bianca stepping out into the big wide world. So exciting❤️

❤️B

I’m so close now. I’d prefer a different pocket bra than the one I have and I’d like to buy some hips. But those will have to wait. The urge to take Mika outside is almost overwhelming.

Soooo much to think about stepping outside. The first time I did it I made a list. Actually packed my make up, jewellery, heels, wig and handbag to finish my transformation in the car.

It was only when I put the whole look together to go out for the first time I realised how much effort women put into getting ready to go out. Respect.

The hair really is the crowning glory. You know what’s next Mika- a whole new world of hair accessories to play with. Have fun.

❤️B

Mika

OMG, Soooo excited for you!  I know exactly how it feels.  Getting all the pieces together and the building excitement.  Oh yeah…your drenched in the Pink Fog now!

Like Bianca said, the hair is the crowning glory!  It ties everything together!

So exciting!!

Hugs – Robyn  💃

It’s so close. I’ve been making my plan to get from my house to the car and getting out of the subdivision clean. Then, I think I’ll go to one of the outdoor type shopping malls as the evening sets in and just walk around for a while. A good confidence boosting start. Maybe, pop into a shop if I’m feeling it.

I’ve been using some cheap wigs thus far, and today received my first human haired wig, it’s actually a mix of human and synthetic, in platinum. It’ll likely be a few days before I can really get everything together to put it on with makeup and dressed. Maybe I’ll wfh one day this week (hopefully they don’t close school again) and try it all out. Who knows, maybe I’ll even pop out to get some lipstick…💋 💋 💋

OMG, I’m jealous! I have been looking at better wigs already even though I just got mine. I’d love a blonde wig with some dark roots.

Anonymous

Congrats Mika

so glad you checked up before just straight cutting….it’s not how you think until you try it and see the results….

Well done honey….the first of many…you can never have too many wigs.

Grace xx

Thanks, Grace. Yeah, I’m already looking at other wigs. Not gonna pull the trigger yet. Just getting ideas.

Congrats , and im so happy for you Mika, and glad you looked into how to do the bangs, properly.
      If I may share a personal experience?
      Many years ago, we got my wife her first wig, she needs them due to a medical condition. I got her the best human hair wig available, from a cancer clinic offshoot, and it was beautiful, except the bangs where too long. She was travelling with me in the big truck at the time, as she needed constant care, and that was the easiest/cheapest way for us at the time., so, I said “I can cut them, no problem”. Long story short, I messed it up bad, and on top of the $900.00 to buy the wig, it cost me another $500.00 to have it fixed.
      Lesson learned, do not what you dont know, lol
      Hugs, Regine,and sorry for rambling. Again.

Thanks for sharing this. It reinforces the right way to do something to any new girls that stumble on my post. I’m a rambler too so no worries here. I enjoy hearing everyone’s past experiences.

So excited for you Mika. I am having so much fun reading about how close you are coming to introducing Mika to the outside world. You go girl!

Hugs,

Emily

Thank you so much, Emily. The time is rapidly approaching. I just need to get some dry shampoo to tone down the shine of my wig and I think I’ll be ready.

Awesome Mika, I’m excited for you!

I can’t imagine taking scissors to my wigs, you are braver than I am

LOL. Honestly, I had no choice. I couldn’t see anything. They were either directly in my eyeballs when I opened them or they completely covered them depending on how much I pushed it up my forehead. Thank goodness for YouTube tutorials.

I’ll admit I did laugh when you made the comparison to cousin It!

Which videos did you (or any of us) find useful at showing how to trim the bangs?
      When I trimmed bangs and long hair of actual people, I cut hair in three passes, like three layers of the same length. If one layer was skewed, with the other two layers the final cut still looked good enough. Of course, unlike an expensive wig, living hair grows out.
      I once intentionally trimmed a daughter’s bangs in actual layers of different lengths. I liked her look but she didn’t. Maybe some classmate teased her.
      A toast to you for success in going out!

Here’s the first one that I watched

I can’t find the other ones that I specifically watched

Can’t wait to see your new profile picture, Mika!

Be sure to get some good snaps of your public debut too – I didn’t, but c’est la vie.

Love Laura

Laura, I thought about changing my profile picture with my new wig. But I have had so many comments about he pink hair that I decided to keep using my old picture.

My mask messed up my lipstick 😭

I think you’re doing quite well with your makeup, and the wig is lovely. You’re truly blessed to have someone one to go with on these little outings. Someone who gets it. I’m a bit jelly…

Bridgette vS

Thank you so much, Bridgette. This was actually my third time doing full makeup. It took almost two hours and I did have to make a few corrections.I’ve known my friend for about five years. Three days after joining, I recognized her. I am incredibly lucky that we can share girl time together. It’s more fun and safer, as well.

I Lovett!!

😎

My mask ruined my lipstick 😭

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?