• This topic has 14 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey ladies. I have an odd predicament. Most of my life I’ve been a nail biter. Since realizing and accepting who I am for whatever reason, I like to think it’s because I’m finally comfortable as myself in my own skin, I have completely stopped biting my nails. Problem is I have no idea how to trim my nails or what is the longest I can let them go and still keep my secret from being public knowledge. I unfortunately work in a field that would not be very accepting of Candice at all. Any advice is welcome. Thank you all.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Candice, if your nails are still short, maybe a set of emery boards would suffice to file them nicely. There is a stage where nail scissors are required and it’s a matter of trimming in any way that works for you. Even if the result is a little rough, don’t despair, the emery boards will smooth to an elegant shape.
      As for length of nails, it’s up to you. Mine are French nail square cut and quite long.
      I also use a clear nail polish on them. If anyone asks, I say it’s to stop them ripping because I have soft nails, which is not the case.
      Try utube for assistance and experiment. Indulge yourself in a very femme activity.
      Hugs, Gianna

Anonymous

Oh Candice, I can identify with that.

Yes, I think nail biting and other things can be a side effect of bottling things up, so its not surprising that it stopped when you got more comfortable with your self.

I have had a couple of mani-pedis now, which itself is a quite nice new experience (being pampered).
      The real positive point to that is the nice (usually asian) ladies really know how to do your nails right, as in trim toes to stop ingrown ones, repair cracked and damaged fingernails, etc.
      I currently have quite short finger nails, with clear polish on them – the clear is still notable though (wife: “nice nail polish”). However, they probably have options to get around that – like matte finishes.

I would suggest getting a mani-pedi, but ask the ladies about your finish options. You could just say they have been treated to stop nail-biting?……
      (And get your toes a nice colour while you are at it – your little secret under your socks?).

Candy,

I’ve thought a lot about getting a mani/pedi for sure. I already paint my toes when I have time and absolutely love it! So maybe there is something to it if I can get the guts to go and get it done.

Jackie
          Lady

First pedi was with my wife, no color but great experience. First time I got color was solo, nerve racking and painless. I told the tech that i wanted color and she jokingly asked well why haven’t you picked it out yet. After that initial time it go in, let them know what you want and hand them a color. Plan on first mani next weekend with my wife by my side.

Anonymous

I’ve just recently let mine grow out past my finger tips…….I file them oval……and I can’t keep from admiring them……..wife says they are very feminine looking and much better than her’s.  Last night I did a frosted white–base-two coats–top coat–used a dryer light and almost could see them in the dark–almost as good as bikini panties for the feelings I get being so naturally fem………

Mikki

frosted white, hmm some thing I have yet to try. Sounds like polish is GLOW IN DARK FNAIL polish. About 2 months ago while I and SOGGF were at a niteclub with exotic dancers they all had white toe and finger nails that glowed in the UV spotlights on them durning their performance on the stage of the club.

One time several years ago for a Halloween party,  my SOGGF took me to her Beauty Salon to have my hair cut and styled Feminine and have a pedicure and manicure the afternoon of the 10pm ro 2am Halloween party. My SOGGF had the hair stylist not only style and cut my hair but had also had stylist “FROST”my hair with streaks . The toes and fingers were bright metallic silver glitter polish, matching the metallic silver glitter eye shadow. The Dress I wore was a white long spandex pencil skirted evening gown with a tight white bodice with silver sequins. Little did I  know that the hotel ballroom where the party was held was lite up with ultraviolet black lights, boy did my outfit and hands and hair GLOW when the room regular lights were turned off and the UV blacklight fixture were turned on at midnight. My hair even glowed silvery that”s when I found out my SOGGF had supplied hairstylist with a Hairspray with silver glitter and a chemical that would make hair glow in in Ultraviolet light. An then only about hair and glowing nail polish when the real GG wife of the couple we were sharing our table with for the party asked me what I had done to make my hair glow silver, that’s when SOGGF said hair stylist had sprayed my hair with a special theatrical hairspray with silver glitter and a chemical that glows in ultraviolet light. same for nail polish except nail polish was made for exotic dancers in niteclubs.

Anonymous

That’s a way-cool story !!!   I bet you were a hit !!!   I don’t have a uv light, maybe my white does show up under it………..actually, for me to come close to be as good as the ‘exotics’ of these places, wouldn’t bother me a bit………..that and drag bars are about the only places where TALL girls are able to feel really voluptuous and desired…………..certainly NOT going to wal mart…………

Mikki

I can get my toes done, which I love seeing my painted toes sticking out of the bubbles in the bath. As for my hands, no fly zone I use them too much, plus I would be outed in a second flat…

-SR-

I have the exact same problem but I am definitely pushing those limits. Let’s see how far I can go haha.

For the last few weeks I had to be in my Drab mode rather than in my Tammie mode,

I was just had had a pedicure with a French Manicure with 1/4″ beyond finger end acrylic nail tips, not expecting to have to revert to my drab mode, after living mainly in my Enfem mode, with my SOGGF for last several years.

Anyway back to the fingernail issue, my toes  are still nicely metallic red polished from a previous nail salon treatment and fingernails are now oval tipped nails now 3/8″ long, French polished, manicured from yester (I’ve been away from home with my SOGGF dealing with my family I not out to) any how wouldn’t you know my sister Bethany said to me yesterday morning how brave I was to have such nice long nails and how nice it was to see a man with nice manicure nails, then said my nails looked like they needed a new manicure and as she was going to get a manicure yesterday afternoon at 3pm b4 visiting my hospitalized Brother In Law  (her husband has just had prostrate cancer surgery ) suggested I get one also. We got to the Nail salon,  nail tech giggles a little bit surprised by my nails, asked if I wanted them trimmed short I said no keep same length, Sister with nail tech next to mine, said “Jammie I think you should have a nail tip fill or a new set of nail tips, I think you should have them a little bit longer since you have slender fingers I think 3/8″ oval shaped nail tips would suit you better than the square tip u have now, if you go with my suggestion I will pay 4 for your manicure” So now fingernails are now oval shaped  3/8″ long, French polished nails.   My nail tech giggles a little says something in some Chinese or Like language to my sister’s nail tech.

AAs it was nearly 500pm leaving salon we stopped at the hospital cafeteria to get a quick dinner b4 visiting BroInLaw nowing he would be having his dinner by time we got to his hospital.

Got several nice comments from several women in cafeteria serving line and the cashier lady said how nice to see a man brave enough to get a nice looking manicure

A this in a part of USA that is rather conservative, so I was rather surprised. My brother in law didn’t even notice my longer nails.

GGot back home to Sister’s house, her kids Kate teenage girl baby sister, noticed said how beautiful my nails were and wished her boyfriend would be brave enough to get a manicure, saying his hands were like sandpaper and he always bites his fingernails.

Even when I been home with SOGGF in the occasional drab mode there in hometown just a few quizzical looks or comments. My SOGGF suggested that when I am occasionally in Drab in our home state, if someone asks why just say I have bad looking fingernails unless I have them manicured and polished.

So my take on the this is clear polish or French Manicured fingernails on a man are acceptable.

Hi Candice,

I just trim mine with nail clippers and use my wifesemory boards to shape them.I am a mechanic so I have a hard time keeping long nails however occasionally they get long. especially my pinky’s.One time my right pinky was fairly long and I would look at it and get so turned on.I felt so pretty.

I use the excuse its easier to grab washers and hardware.I would love to let them grow long and have a pedi or maybe some fake nails one day.

Thanks for sharing

Patty

Anonymous

[quote quote=176848]…
      I just trim mine with nail clippers and use my wifes emory boards to shape them.I am a mechanic so I have a hard time keeping long nails …..

I use the excuse its easier to grab washers and hardware.I would love to let them grow long and have a pedi or maybe some fake nails one day….
      [/quote]

It easy to forget that mani-pedis and nail treatments are actually a nail maintenance issue, as well as being for looks.

IMHO, ESPECIALLY if you have a job that is hard on your hands and nails, moisturiser, skin and nail care are very important – you even have the ideal reason to get regular mani-pedis, use moisturiser, etc.

I’ll even bet that most SOs would love the idea of their man saying “I’ve decided to start looking after myself better – could you help me with it?”

Anonymous

Of interest here, and topical.
      Just received this morning some OPI treatment/polish I ordered – ‘Nail Envy’ – which is a nail treatment and repairer. The stores usually have it in clear, but I got some in an ever so slight pink tint – it looks like natural nail.
      And the OPI site says you can get it in matte (and formulations for other nail problems – brittle or cracked nails etc).

I just tried it on – you can’t even see the tint unless you put several coats on, and even then it is a very natural colour.
      Nail Envy - Bubble Bath - Treatments & Strengtheners - OPI

Anonymous

This site seems to have all the nail repair treatment products and brands you could ever want?….

https://www.justmylook.com/nails-c7/treatments-c96

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?