Viewing 36 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Kathleen
      Duchess

I love the look of nylons but what a pain to put on…especially with nails.Getting that garter just right is like the ultimate measure of frustration.Pantyhose are one and done but not as fun.What are you girls thoughts??

Anonymous

Kathleen,

All I will wear is Thigh Highs. I detest Panty Hose. I buy Leggs Everyday Thigh Highs.

Kathleen xxxxx

I have found a few of the pantyhose brands offer what is called “crotchless” and I have tried a few of them in body stocking and just pantyhose…..I love them all. a new kind of sensation came over myself, just my panties keeping myself put. stockings are fun, but yes a pain and easy to run, stay ups are ok for a short time, and then the elastic tops begin to dig in it my legs, the sacrifice’s a girl will make just for the right legs,but on all types, I find enjoyment with all of them at different times, when I feel my heart skip a beat or the butterflies in my stomach when I’m deciding what to wear after work….thats what I go with and always found my comfort zone. lotsa love

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I l love thigh high nylons. They make me feel so feminine.

Hugs, Liar

Cece X
      Lady

Definitely stockings over pantyhose, despite the difficulty. I feel like pantyhose are for old ladies.
      Nevertheless, it amazes me how few GGs wear stockings or pantyhose anymore. Wouldn’t it be funny if someday the marketing schemes switch to attract CDs. We may wind up becoming the largest demographic of legwear consumers if the GGs continue to abandon stockings and pantyhose.

Hi Kathleen I liked to wear both stockings and pantyhose at present I am wearing stockings and suspender belt along with white bra and panties ,also being of a senior age I will wear from time to time a open bottom girdle takes me way back to when I used to try on mum’s they feel lovely the way they encase your lower body .Now that autumn is coming time to get out the pantyhose and tights ,keep my legs and lower regions warmer . Michelle xx

Anonymous

hi Kathleen…hoping you are keeping well x.

I love both, but stockings are so very special…. definitely for that “occasion” or if i need a “lift”. I find the feel of suspenders with stockings very fem!!!!.

having said that, i have a lot of multi patterned tights…they can change your look and are fun too!!!

but if I have to choose….stockings!!!!!

Grace. ❤️

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I began wearing stockings and pantyhose at 4. My problem with stockings was keeping them up. I didn’t have that problem with pantyhose. I began wearing pantyhose most of the time and continue to do so today.

I’m pretty much a pantyhose girl, but I enjoy stockings and garters from time to time.

Hi Kathleen,

I’m a stockings girl all the way. Stockings are so feminine. I CAN NOT pass so everything I do is to enhance the femininity that I crave. Hooking them up with a garter belt I’ve got down pretty good. Runs? Well they do happen, but I’ve learned to put them fairly carefully. No complaints from this girl.

Kathleen, let’s talk pantyhose. Wow, they seem awfully fussy to me. Fussy to put on, fussy to use the ladies room, fussy to take off.

The only advantage that pantyhose might have is that they work with short skirts. I’m a midi dress girl so stockings are perfect for me.

Warm hugs,

Diane

Kathleen
        Duchess

I LOVE nylons but as I said with long nails I have such frustration with the garter fasteners.
        Maybe it’s just me

Thigh high Stockings all the time pantyhose too fiddley.

Personally, I prefer pantyhose, but I do wear stockings when a feeling of naughtiness arrives.  Do have a pair of crotchless fishnets for those REALLY naughty times.  But when it comes down to it, I started with pantyhose as a little Rachel and that feeling never went away.

Kathleen
        Duchess

hahaha naughtiness yesss…

I agree pantyhose, feeling sexy from toe to waist is the best. Stocking and garter belts to me are just not that sexy. I started with pantyhose and remain faithful follower of pantyhose.

not sure if you consider tights as part of the pantyhose family, but tights all the way.

I bought 2 pairs of thigh highs, and one, I bought the wrong size so they the go right up to the crotch, two I bought the wrong size of garter so it is way too big and three, doing up the front clip of the garter is easy, the back one is just near impossible.

Good morning ladies!!:) Whether it’s stockings, thigh highs or pantyhose, I love wearing hosiery!! Thigh highs or pantyhose for normal everyday wear. Stockings for that “special” occasion!!:) Have a wonderful day ladies!

Definitely thigh highs with lace tops and silicone bands to hold them up.  They look so sexy and feel so amazingly feminine.  Especially after you shave your legs. Sooo smooth and sensual.     Just my opinion.  Hugs to all.

Kathleen
        Duchess

I can’t wait until I can shave my legs.Retirement in 11 month…

Krissy
        Lady

I think whoever invented hold ups is a genius as they are everything a busy woman needs as they are so easy to wear and never sag or fall down, amazing invention xx

I agree, pantyhose are much easier and better with revealing gowns.

Catherine
      Duchess

I do like stocking they are so femmine  and with garter belt so sexy, but I still like my pantyhose  and tights in winter,and they all fell so good are you shave those legs ,nice and smooth !

Stockings and a garter belt for this girl. There is nothing more feminine to me than sliding a pair of sheer stockings up my freshly shaved legs and attaching them to my garter belt. With matching panties and a bra you can’t get more pretty and feminine than that!

Hugs,

Emily

I’m with Grace!  Stockings it is with an OBG.

In the cooler fall and winter tights are a great option to help stay warm.

Alice

Anonymous

prefer stockings that goes little over knee or up to hip. Love fishnets as well as the blacks and beige and nude. Oh also garter belts are a plus.

Donna

I much prefer lace top thigh highs. If I have a problem with them staying up I will wear a garter belt.  Nice thing about stockings over pantyhose is if you get a run you still have one good stocking. I have a drawer full of mismatched stockings. Someday I will get around to pairing them all up.

You should try Leg Avenue suspender hose. They are pantyhose without the pelvic panel or gusset. You get the waistband of pantyhose with the look of garters, the best of both worlds.

Krissy
        Lady

Yes I’ve seen them! Must get me some as they look amazing xx

Krissy
        Lady

Next time im hoseiry shopping a couple of pairs of those are top of my list, as they sound amazing and I know they look amazing as ive seen them on ebay amazon etc xx

I do not think “big box” or department stores carry them. I buy them at adult-oriented stores.

Krissy
            Lady

Maybe not the same make but definitely seen them on ebay as you get a lot of adult orientated shops online that sell on ebay as your on about the ones that have no gusset and are suspenders in all but name? Those ones yes. They have no gusset and a top band that goes around ones hips or waist with material going down the front and back of legs and continuing into stockings xx it’s hard to describe them xx

No doubt you saw them on eBay, what can you not find shopping on-line.

I have had to describe them to other CDH members; definitely not a usual design. Of course, your explanation is exactly how they look.

Krissy
            Lady

Glad I was speaking about the correct ones, they do look very interesting and I can see myself wearing them on days where its not too summery. Hope you are well and good to hear from you x

I couldn’t go without either but if I had to pick, I would pick stockings. They look so much sexier and they come in so many designs, colors, and materials. My favorites are fishnets and thigh high stockings obviously with a garter belt. I also like knee high colored socks.

I am the happy minority. It’s pantyhose for me from ultra sheer 5 denier to 200 denier opaque tights. I love the feeling of being fully encased in nylon all the to and above the waist.

Krissy
        Lady

It depends on the season really? Tights for winter,spring and autumn. Bare legs in summer as like to try and get a tan. If it’s not warm in summer then maybe a pair of hold ups as prefer them to stockings as I find if i wear stockings I’m constantly having to pull them up or adjust them. X

Krissy
          Lady

I’m sure there is no correct answer as some girls like stockings and some like tights, personally myself I prefer tights as they give you more control and even can push in bits that stick out, I love the support and shape you can get but I’m sure if I had a more perfect figure I would say stockings, they are very sexy and I like that x

I love wearing any hosiery with smooth, shaved and moisturised legs.

I prefer sheer to waist, fine, natural tone pantyhose with bra and heels.

My wife prefers me in stockings with a fine, 6 strap suspender belt and bra.  I adore her in pantyhose 😉

Just thinking!

Anonymous
      Lady

I usually wear thigh high stockings. I do occasionally wear stockings that require a garter belt and I enjoy those too. Last is panty hose.

I do housework everyday, so I wear pantyhose. I agree that stockings are nicer and look sexier, but doing everything I do all day, they’re too much trouble to keep secured even with a 6 strap garter belt.  Plus, I’m a child of the late 70s and early 80s, and those pantyhose commercials made an indelible impression on me.  I love wearing them.  I save my stockings and garters for the bedroom.

Leah
      Baroness

Love my lace top thigh high and /or Stockings

Yes stockings have there place but I’m a pantyhose girl for sure. They are the first thing I tried on many years ago and fell in love with them from that time on. Just the way they make my legs look and feel is wonderful. Love my pantyhose!!!!

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

I love them all for different reasons. Traditional stockings with garters are just so special and so sexy! Thigh highs, or hold ups are much more convenient, yet still a little naughty 😈 and pantyhose are great for mini skirts.
      Although the breeze factor with hold ups in a mini is something special too!

It’s awesome to pull them all up over freshly shaved legs!!

💕Lara

I was a confirmed pantyhose girl for over 40 years until I learned about lace top thigh highs (and thongs) from my second wife and I’ve almost never looked back. But pantyhose still have their place in my wardrobe as they do give me a feminine feeling all their own.  And because I’ve worn them for so long I’ve mastered putting them on with ease.  I’m also a big fan of knee-high stockings, I almost always wear them with jeans and pants unless I’ve got sneakers on then I usually wear those short “no show” athletic socks.  Hence, my hosiery drawer does runneth over. 🙂

*** Kayla ***

I do love my thigh highs. Either gartered or stay ups, I enjoy them the most. I can feel sexy, feminine and sexy (yes, twice as nice). Like most of us I started off with panty hose and I still like them, depending on what I’m wearing. They go well with jeans and pants, and I don’t mind showing off my San tan ankles once in a while. If I want to show my legs I will normally use my thigh highs, as long as they don’t show off the tops! Only if I want to be naughty will they be seen. But for shorter skirts I relay on my pantyhose, either black or sun tan control top Leggs. My thigh high I get from VS as they last longer and seem more durable.

Early on, in my middle school days, I ventured into my stepmother’s attic in which I found a trunk. Upon opening it, I found several silk gowns and a couple pairs of real vintage nylons and was hooked. Now I prefer nylons but will don pantyhose if I don’t feel like fighting getting the garters attached to the hose. Still haven’t gotten the knack of attaching those things, although I do have one garter with the duckbill clips that are easier to attach but won’t stay there.

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual

Regina, do love my garter stockings, driving cross country I put on suntan stockings w/garterbelt under my short shorts. stopped to eat, fuel, and reatstops and, checked into hotel room. No strange looks or comments, I don’t think anyone even noticed.
        When attaching my garters I start with the garterbelt low on my hips, after attaching I pull up my garterbelt and stockings. Faster and easy to hook back and side garters.

Garters and stockings 95% of the time.Pantyhose have their own feeling and fun but there’s nothing like a good old fashioned garter belt and some fitted stockings. Did I mention corsets as well? Yummmmmm!

I must admit,I am a pantyhose girl.I love the feel of my shaved legs encased in pantyhose.I am a child of the 60 s and 70s and that was THE feminine thing to wear.

Always garterbelt and stockings for me.  The closest thing I have to pantyhose would be the ones where the crotch and hips are open, kind of an all-in-one garterbelt & stocking.

i love the look of stockings and garter belt, but adore the feeling of being encased in nylon from the waist down.

I can understand that, for me it’s the look and I love the feel of the garter straps as they move and tug at my stockings

I feel the same way Sandra and begs the question; do you prefer to wear panties  with pantyhose? Under or over pantyhose?  Me, I prèfer to wear without pantyhose for that extra feminine feeling it provides.

hi inga! wearing panties with pantyhose feels clunky and uncomfortable to me. i prefer the lightness of no panties or a brief thong under my pantyhose.

love

sandra

Both. Nylons are sexy and more healthy. But Pantyhose, allow shorter skirt to make you legs look smooth and long.

Pantyhose for everyday and occasional stockings and an open bottom girdle, I really like the encasement which I don’t get from a garterbelt. I do like the feel of the suspenders moving on my thigh when I walk, but pantyhose are just more practical.

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?