Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Elaine
      Duchess

Mind if I ramble?  Today is my dress up day.  While the wife is working I clean house then morph into Dayle.  It is aprt of our arrangement.  She knows and as is okay with that, and normally I change back before she gets home.  But every so often I don’t want to change back.  I want the world to know and the whole world to see me as I am.  Wife doesn’t want me to go out of the house, but occasionally I do whenever I can run some errands without interacting with anyone, like the ATM or a mail drop.  Today I can hear lawn mowers running so I know my neighbor is outside and surely would see me if I go out.  But darn it all today I don’t care.  I fear his rejection and want his acceptance more than anyone else.  He has been a great neighbor and a good friend.   I would really like to tell him about Dayle or better yet for he to ‘catch’ me in Dayle mode.  I had a chance a few weeks ago but chickened out.  I was dressed up when the doorbell rang.  I looked at the security video and could see it was him, so I ignored the doorbell.  I should have answered, then we could have had a good chat.  He’s a good ole boy from Kentucky, and I can tell he really likes me as a man.  I’m sure he would be shocked at first but then get over it and carry on like nothing ever happened.  Or we could share a drink or two – he PBR me Cupcake Red Velvet.  Not sure where I am going with this rant – but thanks for listeneing.

Elaine
      Duchess

So by way of follow up – I did go out, but did not see the neighbor.  I drove around town and on impulse stopped at a car wash – ‘thank you mam’ the attendant said when I tipped him, then on to an oil change place.  Again – ‘can I help you mam’ is what the attendant said.  Then on to a bar that the wife and I go to occasionally on the weekends.  Fortunately the bartender was a woman, and no one else was there.  I know she made me, but said several times said that I looked lovely.  Bless her heart. We had a nice chat until a couple regulars came in, then I skedaddled.  But every time out I build more confidence.  YAY!

wish i had the nerve to go out dressed up. i get to the point of don;t care either. wife knows, daughter knows, 2 sons no. but daughter seen me in a pic and also in a skirt, caught me off guard that day, could not change fast enough. wish i could just dress up from head to toe in house and be stress free, depressed free and be me

Great that your outing went so well, Dayle

🙂

Hopefully you get to do more of this, building your confidence, without straining your marital relationship.

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

That’s fantastic Dayle. I hope to get to that point soon! Rightnow I have only been out driving in my car at night but have not interacted with anyone yet.  MAybe soon-I’m motivaed by your great experiences!

Cynthia

Elaine
        Duchess

Cynthia – I’ve been out en femme a couple times and – although not an expert – my experience has been that most people don’t even notice or don’t care.  The only time I’ve felt uncomfortable was one day when I was feeling over-self confident and wore a very short skirt to a Wal-Mart.  A worker noticed me and eye messaged a co-worker who eye messaged a co-worker etceteraetceteraetcetera.  It’s been said many times in many forums – dress to blend in.  Lesson learned.

Anonymous

Although I have only had one experience visiting a Walmart in Canada, as an Australian I’ve heard many stories about them. That leads me to ask, can one actually ‘blend in’ in Walmart?

😉

skippy1965 Cynthia
            Ambassador

Based on the things I’ve seen on People of Walmart(google it-hysterical) I’d say not! 🙂

Anonymous

Wow ,that’s great Dayle ! You have a lot of courage. Hopefully some day I`ll get to that point and break out of my closet ! You look awesome keep us posted .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           best wishes; Pippi

Anonymous

That ‘point’ won’t be all that far off Pippi. You just have to believe it, then make it happen.

🙂

Anonymous

Just a further thought Dayle.

Sometimes some of us have a little impish voice in our ear prompting us to allow a situation where we might get ‘caught’ en femme. Whilst there is sometimes an element of thrill in that there can also be risks. Catching someone out can be confrontational but often, as in the case of your neighbour, it might be embarrassing for him. A lot of his embarrassment could be because he feels you might be embarrassed, sort of like “Oh, I wasn’t meant to see him like that and now I think he’ll be embarrassed.”

If he’s such a good neighbour why not  invite him to have that drink on the basis that you had something to tell him. That way he’ll know (the desired outcome) and he’ll also know who you feel about him knowing. If the worst comes to worst then you’ll know how he feels about you being a CD rather than have him catch you out and lapse into uncomfortable silences whenever you see each other.

Good luck with it all,

Jane

Hrrmph, she grunted, humorously.

It’s easy to blend in at WalMart. Jeans and a t-shirt. On Sunday morning a go-to-church dress. A hijab, long sleeves and loose slacks. Casual slacks and a blouse. Flats. Sandals. Sneakers. Sweaters, flannel, sweatshirts. Heels? Only with that Sunday morning go-to-church dress.

As a frequenter of WalMart (welcome to middle America) I look at the women there frequently to see how ‘average’ women dress. It’s not fancy at all. It’s just like the men dress – for comfort and practicality.

And people really just don’t pay attention. I can go to WalMart in my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans (ok, no designs on the pocket and no label and still dressed as a male but wearing women’s jeans) and nobody bats an eye.

Anonymous

I look back not that long ago,it was nerve racking . Like anything else it gets easier little by little. Be confident your womanly image will shine through in your mannerisms. Be who you want to be,you deserve it girls!

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Last summer I was out dressed as Patty in my shiny pantyhose, short blue dress, platform wedges, blonde wig and mirror sunglasses. I was walking across a parking lot to an ATM when I ran face first into someone I know pretty well. My first reaction was to stop and chat. But I was Patty. I was freaking. I just went past him, went to the ATM, did my transaction and when I turned around I didn’t see him. I went back to my car and went about the rest of my business.

A few weeks later I saw him at a social function. I was waiting for a reaction, difference in behavior or some questions. Everything was the same as always. No way he didn’t notice Patty, but he didn’t seem to notice Patty was me.

U can never tell about someone if I were him I would love u for coming out as I am a great lover of CD, trans  no one knows my secret  wish u where my neighbor take care

I don think i would have told him either. I dress totally behind everyone i know and if 1 person finds out it seems like it takes 2 days for everyone to find out. I myself dress pretty wild so i know i am not telling anyone

Anonymous

I find the big box stores a great way to blend in the few times I have done it. Also felt comfy in the thrift shops like salvation army on weekdays. Still struggling with the fear but slowly gaining confidence

K Swim
      Lady

I wouldn’t really care if others found out as long as it didn’t involve any stares and/or endless questions.

On the question of being “found out”. I hit that wall one day when I went out shopping and got back home only to find my wife there. I didn’t go into the house, I knew she would find my box of goodies in the bedroom. I drove away and called her on the phone. She agreed to talk later that night. After this, I could care less about who found out. My day of Melissa remained intact and I continued to go out, for a coffee, shopping and doing chores that involved direct person to person interaction even with my real name in front of them. I think making sure when you go out you fit in, you dress for the day or night and the occasion.

Elaine
        Duchess

Thanks Melissa. I note that the original post was 9 years ago. Wow.

BTW I enjoy your articles about makeup.

Hugs

Elaine

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?