Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Peta Mari
      Lady

I get friendship requests every week. The vast majority of them come out of the blue, and without any prior communication on the forums, or an accompanying message.

I’m a fairly private person. And because of limited internet connections, I don’t chat via email or other messaging apps.

My own (non negotiable) requisite for acceptance a friendship request is a reasonably comprehensive biography. If its not filled in (and there has been no engagement on the forums) I automatically assume your data mining and ignore and delete the request.

If there is any hint in forum posts or bio that your after some form of romantic relationship from others here, I likewise delete the request. (I’m very happily married.)

And am not interested in a dalliances with men wearing dresses, trans etc.

Anyways. There has been a bit of increase in friendship requests recently. I accepted one, from another Australian, who has been engaging on the forums, and sent a message accompanying their friendship request.

What about you? What are your requirements (if any) for requesting or accepting a friendship?

I share your reticence re inappropriate requests but so far I’ve accepted all friend requests here. Most have come from the nice ladies who’ve I’ve read in the forums, one or two I’ve had to check their profile to learn more. So far, so good.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

Mine are very similar to yours…

and I don’t think being friends with anyone allows them more access to your information…

at least it doesn’t for the Manager…

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hi Peta,

From another Aussie… Down in Melbourne. I’m with you all the way on “friends”. Over my years on this great site I’ve amassed north of 60 “friends”. I would not know 50 of them of I fell over them in the street. Of the last  10, I’ve only met a minority in person and email/correspond with the rest

Being a “mature person”, I’m not into any internet based social media “Farce Book” etc, so the friends I make, (at least electronically),plus those I know in person, either via Caty mode  or “male me” are the ones I treasure and foster every chance I get.

Hope you are not getting flooded out up there

Caty.

Oh my do I ever agree with you on all of this👍 I too got off of ‘Farce-Book’ well over a year ago . But a year before that I totally deleted all of my friends contacts. And these were people I personally selected as I knew them all – well as personal friends,coworkers, classmates etc, people I’ve known field years. I never accepted requests from strangers just so Farce-Book member gunslingers could put a notch in their gun- say nothing of a total waste of valuable reading time that sucks up you day reading trivial BS or contenous political hate posts. Get off of it now and keep your mind

Hi Peta
      I have only been here for about three weeks and have been asked and even asked but I find once you become friends with most you never here from them again unless you post in the forums or as I do I post updates in my profile as I become more and more feminine and after receiving more online outfits and makeup. Yesterday I shaved my moustache off which I have had since I was 20 (Not sure who is in the mirror now) so am clean shaved from forehead to toes. Just another step in my progression.
      Sara

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I am with you on this Peta. I get requests, check the profiles and the more on it the better. I may accept and as the person has made the request I expect them to return a message. I have had a couple of to and fros and. Once I had one contact who seemed fine then came something not so good which I reported to the moderators who dealt with it accordingly. If it were in this country I would have passed it to the police – yes that bad. I was being baited but didn’t take it.

I am happy to receive the requests or a message to ask advice or have a chat but your rules apply to me Peta.

My first posting since joining yesterday.  I already got one friendship request out of the blue, but since there was no information about the individual included I dismissed it as something that could be troublesome.  I could not even find a profile.  I dislike putting people off, but I have heard of some horror stories about online relationships.  I am here for support and advice and I hope to contribute something along the way.  Hugs…….Julia

Hi Julia
        Welcome to CDH and I think you hit the nail on the head but being a late bloomer in this new lifestyle I for one need all the friends and advice and help I can get. I made a big decision yesterday to shave off my moustache which I have had since I was 20 so clean shaved from forehead to toes and another step making me feel more and more feminine. I put updates on my progression in my profile because I want all the girls to see that I am here to stay and not just a fly by nighter. I wear my panties and bra 24/7 now and under my man clothes.
        Enjoy your journey too Julia
        Sara

I totally agree with your thinking, and will comment more elaborately in a reply in this post either above or below. I don’t need more not notches in my gun just to be a collector of anonymous people who want to be ‘friends’No thanks

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Peta,

I will usually accept a friendship request. I do check to see if the profile has anything in it. If someone becomes too toxic to you they can always be blocked. I am very careful if I decide to meet outside of CDH, in person or otherwise.

💕Lara

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Lara Muir. Reason: Spelling
      Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

It is good to discuss this topic periodically.

From time-to-time, I get a friend request from a girl I do not recognize, I then go to her profile and find it virtually blank.  Yet, she has collected several hundred “friends.”  I reject the request.  OTOH, I get a friend request, and the profile is somewhat filled out, but we have had zero interaction.  Thus, I really do not know the girl.  I reject this also.

Exchanging personal messages goes a long way toward building friendships.  Actually, any interactions helps build a bond.

Ironically, a few girls I have met in person and known for years, but for some reason here on CDH we have never gotten around to exchanging friend requests.

I really value the friendships I have made here on CDH.  The girls are special and have taken the time to share parts of their personal lives.

We are expanding a greater Atlanta area Girls Group here on CDH, and the friendships are playing a large part in building the group.  Supporting each other is key.  Of course, having girl fun is important too!

One of my biggest disappointments with CDH is that I haven’t managed to find a good old fashioned pen pal. I would have loved to find out about politics, SOs, and day to day people in the US, Canada or Australia.

Rochelle Mills
        Baroness

Peggy Sue — I can relate.  As I have been meeting friends in public more more often, some of them are on CDH but we haven’t connected on the platform.  Nevertheless, CDH has opened the door to many great friendships for me, the best being the ones that I have met in person.  So many more I’d love to meet and enjoy a coffee with…sigh.

Leah
      Baroness

I will not accept a request if there is no biography completed.  Otherwise I will accept most requests.  I do not haev any issues with chatting with others as it can be mutually beneficial to both parties in dealing with our cd journey.

I’m with Peta and most of the replies here. At the very least they need to either have a filled in bio, be someone I’ve talked to/interacted with in some way, we both shared the same viewpoint(s) in a thread, etc. In other words the friend request should have some relevance to it as opposed to someone being completely random + a fairly blank bio + no communication, few if any posts in threads, etc. in which case I immediately turn those down.

CelesteCD
      Lady

I tend to accept most – some hit a wall and fall silent after a few exchanges while in other cases it seems to be more of an endorsement of “ I like your posts” or “I enjoy seeing/talking with  you in chat” and a way to stay connected.   At time I’m surprised how people found me – I say that in a good way.

This is the second time I replied to this post. After reading its first posting and thinking long and hard about this, and went through my ‘on paper’ friends list. I just started going through and cancelling 40 friends randomly and went from 75 to 30. I will shortly delete the rest for no personal reasons or feelings against any of these anonymous notches in my gun whom I’m not interested in knowing or accepting and new requests. Never have or intend to communicate with any of them. No offensive anyone, I know nothing good or bad about any of you , but respect and be understanding of my wishes

Meghan

Im totally on the same page with you in all you stated in considering prerequisites for accepting friendships- but you know what PETA? I’ve gone one max step further. I’m in the process of deleting them all- with no offenses to anyone( who I don’t know or ever met). 2 days ago I had 75, yesterday I thinned it to 30; tomorrow it will be shaved down to zero. I will still read and write posts and  articles , reply but that’s my arms length personal communication.

Peta Mari
        Lady

Thats a savage cut. Its about discovering what works for us.

Yes it is/ was. But I don’t regret it at all. I did the same thing years ago with people on Facebook with personal real life friends, and didn’t miss the action , like now, This action Does Work for me but I was never interested in PMs, texts, correspondence- I do find CDH a wonderful site to read posts articles , share pictures and get and give information replies to posts or messages relating to that posts without have to be tied to a ‘friendship’ to people I don’t know personally , never met, and never will,. No regrets, no offense to anyone if the 75 cut. And It Works For Me 👍

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?