- July 1, 2022 at 9:34 pm #659787Twilla ThompsonParticipantRegistered On: January 3, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 56Has thanked: 152 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
Sooooo, I did a thing tonight. I got dressed in a casual outfit, white cutoffs, blue top and some wedge sandals. Tried my best with the makeup and wig, of course had on padding shorts for hips and butt and my C forms in place. Don’t think I was really passable, but I went in to that store nonetheless. Purchased one item through self check and walked out. Nervous, yeah of course, but I can check that off my list now. Don’t even think anyone looked at me other than the greeter and the driver of the car trying to get in the empty parking spot I walked by.
Oh, I did wear a mask this time as I have a facial feature that stands out and I was in my own town. Baby steps, but I am actually taking them now.
You too can do it!
Thanks for your support ladies!
Total of 31 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- July 8, 2022 at 8:14 am #661097Aurora EdenLadyRegistered On: June 29, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 215Has thanked: 1154 timesBeen thanked: 1111 times
I remember the anxiety and thrill of going out and about for the first time and, as been mentioned by the other ladies, you will want to do it again. I have found that the more you do it, the more you want to do it.
In my own experience, it seems that once you are out and about and are seen in public, then the anxiety lifts. It is like, ‘Well, I have been seen now so there’s nothing more to worry about.’
Those are my own thoughts anyway.
Just be yourself, Twilla and follow your dreams.
- July 7, 2022 at 8:25 pm #661039
- July 7, 2022 at 3:12 pm #660990
- July 4, 2022 at 8:01 am #660184Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 23Replies: 458Has thanked: 306 timesBeen thanked: 2347 times
Way to go Twilla! But I hope you realize that the first step in going out leads to more and more because you just can’t get enough of being out in your wonderful girly clothes! You will also find most people are just too busy to notice anything other than the 2 feet in front of them. Again, congratulations on going out and enjoy your life to the fullest!
- July 4, 2022 at 7:15 am #660178
- July 2, 2022 at 7:54 pm #659963Twilla ThompsonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 3, 2022Topics: 5Replies: 56Has thanked: 152 timesBeen thanked: 310 times
- July 2, 2022 at 7:46 pm #659959
- July 2, 2022 at 5:57 pm #659939Dana MunsonDuchessRegistered On: May 5, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
Congratulations, Twilla! That first step out the door can be tough, but you did it! As someone else here said, it does get easier over time. You gradually learn more about how to best present yourself in public and thereby gain confidence. And when you are able to radiate confidence – not some nervous “deer in the headlights” look – you actually can “sell” your image better to the people around you.
- July 2, 2022 at 5:55 pm #659938
- July 2, 2022 at 5:20 pm #659925
- July 2, 2022 at 2:33 pm #659908Fiona BlackLadyRegistered On: November 23, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 123Has thanked: 49 timesBeen thanked: 412 times
- July 2, 2022 at 10:58 am #659889Brianna BayBaronessRegistered On: March 24, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 55Has thanked: 346 timesBeen thanked: 226 times
- July 2, 2022 at 10:39 am #659885Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 24Replies: 3739Has thanked: 53964 timesBeen thanked: 13150 times
Hi Twilla great job girl yes that first time is a bit overwellming to say the least then it so much easier after that congrats to you and hope for many more trips soon as you have the nerve staged up do it again he he .. I will tell you about my first trip out was just back in late march at the keystone conferance in Harrisburg PA. Wife said if i tried to hold back in hotel room she would kick me out the door and yes wife went with to conferance.. But she didnt get the chance as when Stephanie came to life i was out the door before her such a wonderful week with wife in hand and meeting so many CDH ladies there it was a blast of girly fun..
- July 2, 2022 at 8:19 am #659856Deana LeeLadyRegistered On: December 17, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 79 times
That is so wonderful Twilla! I am so happy for you! I have recently started going out presenting as Deanna and it was so scary at first but even after my first time, I am getting more comfortable doing it. Still super scary though. Good luck in your future outings.
- July 2, 2022 at 6:33 am #659839Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 80Replies: 1933Has thanked: 8525 timesBeen thanked: 9827 times
Congratulations Twilla! You do know it only gets easier and easier now, right? 🙂
The one thing that cdh and the gals here have shown me was that my fear of being “out” and ridiculed was greatly overblown, and the only one concerned about it all was …. Me!
99% of the people just couldn’t care less about me, or my clothes.
- July 2, 2022 at 6:32 am #659838helenmarieLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2018Topics: 11Replies: 191Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 641 times
Hello Twilla, Congratulations on your first outing as a lady, you always remember that first day out. It is a great feeling even though a bit nerve racking, but you did it well done. Hope it will be the first of many & you will get more confedence as you go along. Take baby steps at first as you say, then you will get more daring & stay out longer, may be all day in the future. Keep going, love Helenmarie
- July 2, 2022 at 6:25 am #659837JOJOLadyRegistered On: August 5, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 110Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 552 times
- July 2, 2022 at 1:52 pm #659906
- July 2, 2022 at 4:11 am #659826
- July 2, 2022 at 2:14 am #659809Diane Marie RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 1092Has thanked: 1934 timesBeen thanked: 3789 times
- July 1, 2022 at 9:49 pm #659788Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 835Has thanked: 694 timesBeen thanked: 3906 times
- July 2, 2022 at 6:39 am #659841Diana StocktonLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 17Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
I third that. I have been out many times. That first moments out is the hardest. Then you settle in realizing everyone is not pointing and yelling MAN IN DRESS.
The real tough one is jumping on a Plane and realizing you can’t run back to your car and change.
- July 2, 2022 at 2:16 am #659810
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.