Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Twilla Thompson
      Baroness - Annual

Sooooo, I did a thing tonight.  I got dressed in a casual outfit, white cutoffs, blue top and some wedge sandals.  Tried my best with the makeup and wig, of course had on padding shorts for hips and butt and my C forms in place.  Don’t think I was really passable, but I went in to that store nonetheless.  Purchased one item through self check and walked out.  Nervous, yeah of course, but I can check that off my list now.  Don’t even think anyone looked at me other than the greeter and the driver of the car trying to get in the empty parking spot I walked by.

Oh, I did wear a mask this time as I have a facial feature that stands out and I was in my own town.  Baby steps, but I am actually taking them now.

You too can do it!

Thanks for your support ladies!

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Congrats Twilla!  Hope this is the first of many more outings.

For many of us, the biggest obstacle to going out isn’t our environment, it’s what’s in our heads.

Oh yes Emily. Oh yes.

Diane

Diana Stockton
        Baroness

I third that.  I have been out many times.  That first moments out is the hardest.  Then you settle in realizing everyone is not pointing and yelling MAN IN DRESS.

The real tough one is jumping on a Plane and realizing you can’t run back to your car and change.

Hi Twila,

A bit nerve wracking, but it is a very special thrill.

And, you know what, Twila? You will do it again!

Nice, very nice.

Big hug to you girl,

Diane

Patty Phose
      Duchess

That’s great. To me, being dressed in public is the ultimate crossdresser experience.

JOJO
      Lady

Going out the first few times can be scary and exhilarating all at the same time.

Yes Jojo, scary and very exhilarating at the same time.

Hello Twilla, Congratulations on your first outing as a lady, you always remember that first day out. It is a great feeling even though a bit nerve racking, but you did it well done. Hope it will be the first of many & you will get more confedence as you go along. Take baby steps at first as you say, then you will get more daring & stay out longer, may be all day in the future. Keep going, love Helenmarie

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Congratulations Twilla!  You do know it only gets easier and easier now, right?  🙂

The one thing that cdh and the gals here have shown me was that my fear of being “out” and ridiculed was greatly overblown, and the only one concerned about it all was …. Me!

99% of the people just couldn’t care less about me, or my clothes.

Stevie

I told my therapist that I was afraid of being ridiculed. She told me that while possible, it is highly unlikely.

Be brave Diane, be brave.

Deana Lee
      Lady

That is so wonderful Twilla! I am so happy for you! I have recently started going out presenting as Deanna and it was so scary at first but even after my first time, I am getting more comfortable doing it. Still super scary though. Good luck in your future outings.

Hi Twilla great job girl yes that first time is a bit overwellming to say the least then it so much easier after that congrats to you and hope for many more trips soon as you have the nerve staged up do it again he he .. I will tell you about my first trip out was just back in late march at the keystone conferance in Harrisburg PA.  Wife said if i tried to hold back in hotel room she would kick me out the door and yes wife went with to conferance.. But she didnt get the chance as when Stephanie came to life i was out the door before her such a wonderful week with wife in hand and meeting so many CDH ladies there it was a blast of girly fun..

Stephanie Bass

Brianna Bay
      Duchess

Hi Twilla, YOU GO GIRL, its a little scary, but, people really dont pay that much attention to others, its more in your head. I get braver every day…keep it up, its exillerating
      Xx
      Brianna

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Twilla, congrats on your first time. As many other gals told me after my first time out it can get very addictive. And I’ve found that to definitely be the case.

Hi Twilla,

Congratulations on your first outing!

Alice

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Way to go Twilla. First time is always hard. Here’s to many more ‘hard’ adventures out.

Cassie

Congratulations, Twilla! That first step out the door can be tough, but you did it! As someone else here said, it does get easier over time. You gradually learn more about how to best present yourself in public and thereby gain confidence. And when you are able to radiate confidence – not some nervous “deer in the headlights” look – you actually can “sell” your image better to the people around you.

Anonymous

Good for you, Twilla.

Twilla Thompson
      Baroness - Annual

Ladies, thanks so much for the further encouragement as I continue my journey!  Y’all are certainly 100 in my book!

A testament to why I joined this community!

Becka
      Lady

You are so brave! Bravo, Twilla!

Anonymous
      Lady

Way to go Twilla! But I hope you realize that the first step in going out leads to more and more because you just can’t get enough of being out in your wonderful girly clothes! You will also find most people are just too busy to notice anything other than the 2 feet in front of them. Again, congratulations on going out and enjoy your life to the fullest!

Way to go it gets easier every time

That’s more than I’ve ever thought of trying. Well done.

Aurora Lynne
      Baroness

Congratulations Twilla,

I remember the anxiety and thrill of going out and about for the first time and, as been mentioned by the other ladies, you will want to do it again. I have found that the more you do it, the more you want to do it.

In my own experience, it seems that once you are out and about and are seen in public, then the anxiety lifts. It is like, ‘Well, I have been seen now so there’s nothing more to worry about.’

Those are my own thoughts anyway.

Just be yourself, Twilla and follow your dreams.

Hugs,

Aurora Eden

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?