Viewing 37 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies,

I was delighted I had so many replies to my own personal shoe story. Let’s go with a new subject. I’m not frustrated either.

“I’m done with pantyhose.”

I am totally hooked on thigh high stockings. From Amazon, of course. The brand is SOFSY. I had two pair last year and when I put both on I immediately put a hole in them with my thumb. They were 15 denier and probably way too sheer. Last  week I ordered a black pair with a 60 denier rating. Wow! Easy to put on, and I didn’t put a hole in them. Ladies, they look great and feel awesome on.  If I had either a dress or a skirt on and I went to that great arena known as the grocery store I would get a glance or two. I hope so anyway. A girl can always wish.

Pantyhose are a hassle. A big pain in the ladies room. Right girls?

A number of years ago a GG friend said this “pantyhose, that’s what my mother wears. If you want to feel sexy, wear stockings.” That’s where I am.

“I am never wearing pantyhose ever again.”

Jessica

The girl who only wears front closure bras. The girl who only wears thigh high stockings.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I began wearing stockings and pantyhose at 4. Keeping the stockings up was always a problem so I began wearing pantyhose. I’ve put on some wonderful leg show with my shiny sheer to waist pantyhose, sexy heels and often too short dress.

I do understand the allure and appeal of stockings too. I want to experience them for sure. I recently bought some garter belts. I want to get some stockings to wear with them. I’m sure they will be fun but I’m sure I will always love pantyhose, especially sheer to waist.

Hey there Patty,

What I don’t know is how long they stay up before the elastic goes away.

Patty, you’ve never started a topic. I think you have a lot to say.

Why don’t you start one? I’m sure it would be good.

Jessica

Patty Phose
        Duchess

When I began buying my own pantyhose, I also noticed thigh highs that stayed up with an elastic garter. I bought some of them and did wear them occasionally. They were OK and easy to take on and off. I would wear them with my platform wedges when I went out in shorts and and didn’t want to do bare legs. I’d have my nylons on and when I got to where I was going where nylons might not be appropriate I could take them off, do what I went there for, then put my nylons and wedges on again.

The stay up attributes were very good. wearing them for several hours though, the elastic garter could get uncomfortable. I could wear my pantyhose for days and they would never feel uncomfortable in them.

I often wished when I saw all those wonderful garter stockings I never bought them. I never had a garter belt. My only experience with them was they would always slip down. One of my biggest regrets in my early evolving cross dressing was not to just buy a garter belt and experience and enjoy those wonderful stockings.

Patty Phose
        Duchess

The elastic in the garter usually lasted longer then the stocking. The runs and holes would end their wearable life while the garter was still intact and the elastic was still like new. I don’t know why I don’t start topics. I just enjoy reading, relating to and commenting on my experiences as Patty. Who knows? One day I might have something I want to ask, or an experience I want to share but until then I enjoy content put up by others.

Thanks for the reply Jessica.

Anonymous

Hi Girls,

The age old debate (well since pantyhose was invented) of stockings vs tights! Stockings with a garter/suspender belt can be quite complicated putting on, especially a 14 strapper. Then there’s the question of panties over or under the straps and the problem of a wardrobe malfunction out in public when there’s that ominous “ping” as the stocking top detaches itself from the clasp and starts to sag.

Having said all that, I’m a stocking fan (possibly because of my age!) and just love there appearance especially if they have lacy tops. They’re also cooler. This topic could go on forever!

Perhaps Jessica’s revelation that she wears “front closure” bras could lead to a discussion on the merits or otherwise of different designs of bras or indeed, bralettes or bra less. I look forward to her views!

Gilly (a giggling, dizzy Brit!).

Hi Gilly,

Yes…stockings every time. I wonder where you got the idea of a 14 strapper from (giggle)? Seriously girls, if you are going to have that many straps, allow a good 20 minutes to get it on. Helps to be a contortionist too lol. But it sure feels good when on.

Hugs, Davinia xx

I like the west pantie hose, knee high is not my thing they seem to walk down just like socks.  I like tights also . No trouble with them. I am a older person so pantie hose is what I wear and tights, they feel good and sexy. Get a leg message when wearing them plus they keep my legs warm in winter time when I under dress.

Hi Gilly,

I’ve never even worn a back closing bra. What a hassle to reach around! The front closure is really easy. I’m a B cup girl so my breast forms don’t weigh very much.

I asked my wife why she doesn’t wear a front closure bra. Her response was that “my boobs are too big”.

I guess I have smaller boobs than my wife. When I first tried breast forms I got a B size since I’m a flat chested guy I may as well be a flat chested girl. My opinion is that a B is not really flat chested.

It all works for me though.

Jessica

DeLora
      Lady

Definately stockings!!!
      Pantyhose never seem to stay put, they always want to roll or slip down, they never seem to fit right around the bum. Stockings stay put all day and the look and feel great!

Anonymous

I’m with you Jessica.  I’ll take stockings over pantyhose every time.

Anonymous
      Lady

Jessica

My preference is for Thigh High Hold Ups.  Unfortunately balance and flexibility issues make putting on Panty hose / Tights a tedious job having got the wrong side of 70 but still liking the feel and look of encasing my legs when the oportunity presents itself. When home alone I really enjoy seeing my legs stretched out in front of me on the stool in black sheer hold ups. Not rejecting stockings but would probably not work for uderdressing.

Rachel

Personally I like tights/pantyhose and have recently bought some crotchless pantyhose. I have found them to be great to wear under brab and make it easy to use the mens roon when I have to. They are also easier when en femme, only having to slip the panties down when needing the little girls room. I will be buying more.

Way too modest Patty.

You have something to share. I know it.

Hi Celeste,

I don’t know how long they last. It really depends on the elastic at the top.

Thanks, Celeste.

Anonymous

Patty,

You could always try an open girdle with attached suspenders!

Gilly

I grew up enjoying the look and wearing pantyhose. They are comfortable (to me), lots of styles, colors and types. They were never meant to be warn under pants, need to show off legs with dresses and skirts. One thing I have found, in the dry climate I live in, is to put some lotion on my legs to keep them from drying out, help keep the hose soft and helps to keep them up. That’s my 2 cents worth.

Anonymous

Hi Jessica
      I have NOT had good luck with the elastic on my thigh-highs, so I have made do with leggings on the rare occasions when something was needed. Otherwise, just bare legs and panties. That may change, because I grabbed a 2pack of 60-denier tights at Kohl yesterday, and I am very pleased with them. Plus, I found them remarkably effective for package control.

I do share your views about front-closure bras, though.
      Hugs,
      Bettylou

Anonymous

Hi Girls,

The thing about pantyhose is that they help hold things up and in, if you know what I mean.

Yeah, they can be a pain, they do tend to roll down and bunch up and they make the bathroom a pain.  But I really like the secure feeling pantyhose give me.

Jillian

I only wear stockings when I’m in my naughty moods, either my fishnets or my black seamed stockings.  At all other times, this girl wears pantyhose.

Anonymous

Hi Davinia,

i got the idea from another girl on CDH who had mentioned one in a different topic. I have a couple of four strappers but nowadays usually wear hold-ups, tan, black or fishnet! Gilly.

Stockings and garter belts are nice and I’ve enjoyed wearing them. But for me it’s gotta be pantyhose. I just love the feel. It’s what I started with. I could wear them everyday.

Kayla
      Managing Ambassador

I despise panty hose. Thigh highs for me.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

This topic has been “run” before, (Shocking pun… I know…).

I can never get pantyhose to stay up. So in the winter I wear 40 to 80 denier tights, which strangely enough stay up. Always under my drab. My SO has not “cottoned on” to this yet, but if and when she does, its due to arthritis in my knees. My story and I’m sticking to it.

A (six )strap suspender/garter belt with lovely lace top stockings attached, with lacy silky french knickers over the top of the above is enough to set this old girls heart a flutter when she sits to go to the ladies…

Cant do that with pantyhose…..

Happy (stocking) dressing

Caty

Hi all,

when it comes to leg attire, it is always stockings for me, so much more girly, depending on mood and look, it can be sheer, seamed or fishnets.

i always feel very sexy in fishnets, classy in sheer.

preferred option always lace tops with suspenders, 6 or 4 strap.

Hanna

Hi Kayla,

Yes, “we are never wearing pantyhose ever again”.

I know many of our sisters wear lots of miniskirt, so maybe that’s where pantyhose would work. I am at a point in my life where a miniskirt would be like “what am I trying to prove”.

I like a dress or skirt to be at the knee, or even a tad below.

Jessica

Samantha Joan
      Hostess

Dear Jessica

What a great question and one I think that will never be totally resolved on both sides of the camp. Not that I wish for the answer to be finally resolved as it does generate a great debate.

This question takes e back to a recent episode of Call The Midwife. It was set around the time that tights/pantyhose were being introduced in the UK as an alternative to stockings, also with the introduction of the mini skirt. For me personally, tights were the first item of women’s clothing I tried on and bought myself. There is something very appealing to putting on a pair that hasn’t gone away since. Perhaps tights/hosiery could be defined as one of the ultimate female accessories?

I am all for one for covering up, so tights give me that comfort and control. For the winter it has to be opaques and I’m not frightened to experiment with a bit of colour, depending on the outfit, nothing too extreme, don’t want to look like a walking traffic warning sign when I am out though!

If I am wearing sheers, its has to be two pairs, tan first then normally black over the top. Always find stockings a bit fiddly, but a good suspender belt is on the shopping list, especially should Rocky Horror come back round to a theatre!

So for me, it has to be tights, although with the right outfit, could always be pursuaded…

Hugs

Samantha x x

Pantyhose have a high “Argggh’ factor. Too hard to get on straight, to hard to pee with, too easy to ruin. I will occasionally wear dance tights with a mini skirt. Otherwise it is stockings or nothing. I wear anklets or bobby socks with my sneakers.

Anonymous

Hiya, I prefer hold ups and when feeling sexy attach suspenders to them, lovely

Anonymous

Suspenders attached to hold ups: the best of both worlds!

Anonymous

For me I’m a panty hose girl the morn Iowa on on my body the better LOL I love the feel the pantyhose on my panties I fell in love with legs sheer energy suntan pantyhose when I was young and love any panty hose that is silky sheer so my vote is imma pantyhose a girl kiss kiss Jasmine 💋💋

Anonymous

When I started to 👗 dress in woman’s clothing I wore pantyhose and I hated them from the first time I put them on then I found out and tried thigh highs and that is all I have worn for the past twenty years. I totally dislike Pantyhose and will never wear them again. Kathleen

Way to go, Kathleen!

I love wearing a garter belt and lace topped thigh high nylon stockings. However, I mainly wear Leg Avenue black sheer suspender hose. They are panty hose without the gusset and have a band that seamlessly connect the waist to the welt; a happy medium between panty hose and stockings.

Anonymous

I LOVE both so much. There is nothing like wearing pantyhose or stockings and it depends on the outfit I am making up.

The feel of my skirts or dresses gently flowing over either one is a feeling that only other CD’s would understand.

I could never say one or the other, I’m simply happy that both exist.

Anonymous

I love pantyhose… my first memory of wearing them is around 4 or 5.. not that they fit perfectly at that age, but loved wearing them with high heels. So guess I will always be a pantyhose gurl. But I am getting into those self stay up thigh highs, but the ones with a design in the hose part. Some of the textures and designs look really good with a dress on.

Jennifer

Awesome, Jennifer.

Thanks.

Jennifer

Alice Black
      Duchess

I am for stockings. Wearing stockings attached to garters to me is very sexy and very ladylike. Wearing pantyhose hose and I am going  to show my age – I think of the Joe Namath ad. Crossdressing – you want to be as feminine as possible,

Alice Black

Thank you, Alice.

I have never worn a garter belt! The stockings that I have worn are thigh highs. A garter belt is pretty sexy though. I guess I should try one.

We need to do every thing we can to be as feminine as possible.

Good advice, Alice.

Jessica

Alice Black
      Duchess

You are welcome.

I was having this debate with one of my new girl friends, who favors panty hose.

So, the posting of this forum was quite timely.

Again – Thank You,

Alice Black

Here’s a thought. Stockings, at least the thigh high versions, may not stay up well during the day. Pantyhose should.

Maybe stockings are best when not moving around, while pantyhose could be better if a lot of walking is expected.

Jessica

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?