• This topic has 90 replies, 37 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 35 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      RachelAnn
      Lady

As I was soaking in the bath yesterday preparing to remove my body hair, I thought this might be a fun question to ask.  For example, I file my foot callouses, toenails, and hangnails on my fingers down because I read once that it helps with the longevity of my hose, stockings, and tights(less snags) . Also it feels awesome.  Anyone have any other little things that might not often get talked about, but you consider essential to your feminine persona?

Rachel,

This is incredibly trivial, so it certainly fits the ‘small’ part of your question LOL!  The small thing I do is that I keep my cuticles pushed back and cut/shaped nicely so that when I wear my artificial nails they fit and transition there at the nail base well.  I don’t know why I find this act of manipulating my cuticles ‘feminine,’ but I do!

Marcellette

RachelAnn
        Lady

Ha ha, that’s exactly the type of thing I’m talking about. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Oh, yes, little things, and I doubt if most men do these, but like you, I keep my body hair removed to some extent, and like the post below, I do work on my cuticles as well as keeping my fingernails filed…and try to shape them a little, I also use a pumice stone, and of course, I work on exfoliating (I really didn’t understand that until some years ago and now I’m committed).  Little things but they make me feel a little better about myself, especially doing them before I dress.

RachelAnn
        Lady

Exactly, I find the little things almost zen like, lol.  Then of course the payoff afterwards.  I use a pumice stone right now, but have you ever tried one those motorized foot file things? I don’t know what they’re called off hand, sorry, but mine just recently broke from dropping it too often, and I miss it.  Much better then the pumice stone or manual foot files. I am definitely going to have get another soon. Thanks for responding!
        p.s.

exfoliating also an essential for me.  Cuts way back on those nasty ingrown hairs.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by RachelAnn.
      Anonymous

I shape my eyebrows so A- I don’t look like Eugene Levy who I love but the brows not exactly girly and B- I have a tiny scar above my left eye, an old road hockey injury and if I don’t trim it I get a Spok eyebrow. Not exactly feminine, a cross between Eugene Levy and Mr. Spok.

RachelAnn
        Lady

Eyebrows, definitely a must. I at least need to keep my stragglers plucked in order to keep from catching small animals as they walk or fly by, lol.  Not to mention I too could make Eugene blush with my uni-brow if I let it go too long.  Thanks for piping in Heather, always good to hear from you.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I like to keep my eyebrows thinned out as much as possible.

Hugs, Liara

RachelAnn
        Lady

Thanks Liara, can definitely be an underrated small thing.  I can definitely see it in your profile pic(which looks great by the way)

This might seem odd but I almost always sit to pee. I say almost because I do avoid public facilities and sanicans. It’s such a feminine feeling and it’a a chance to get off my feet plus it’s much easier and there’s no need to aim.

Also, because of Covid I found that it is a good time to wear lipstick in public. It’s a joy to apply some before i leave the house and walk around without anyone else knowing.

Mary

Anonymous

I always sit to pee as well. Way more ladylike. I like to soak in the tub too.

Oh, I forgot to mention soaking in the tub. Thanks for reminding me.

Anonymous

You’re welcome ❤️❤️

I forgot to say re:lipstick. “Because of Covid” I always wear a mask outdoors.

RachelAnn
        Lady

Sitting to pee is definitely a good one. I admit I usually only do it when I’m fully dressed, mainly because my job takes me all over the place and some gas station restrooms are questionable at best. I know my wife would appreciate me doing it home, due to the misfires, lol. Lipstick under the mask is another good one. I may have to give that a try. Thanks for responding!

And I thought I was the only one to sit to pee! It is a great time to catch up with the latest issue of “Instyle” magazine!

Also, agree with the lipstick under masking. And speaking of masking… As long as we have to wear them, might as wear a colorful (pink) or cute print (leopard print is a fav) mask!

Tara Ryan
      Lady

Hi RachelAnn,

Like the girls have mentioned above, I shave off body hair, keep my eyebrows trimmed, manicure my nails and will generally sit to pee.  I also have my moisturising routine that includes eye cream and toner.

Love,

Tara x

RachelAnn
        Lady

All good ones what eye cream do use?  I seem to be on a never ending quest to find a good general facial moisturizer.  I need to start using an eye cream as well.

Tara Ryan
          Lady

Hi RachelAnn,

I use eye cream, moisturiser and Toner by Liz Earle, I order online.  It is free delivery in three U.K., however I am not sure about the USA.

Love,

Tara x

Anonymous

I moisturise! And I’ve started to very very slowly pluck my eyebrows, just a few hairs at a time.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

Hi Connie

How do you know which ones to pluck? Really not looking forward to it but I suppose it needs to be done.

Hugs X

Wilma.

Anonymous

I’ve been pulling the grey ones and the thick black spiderlegs for ages, but now I’m nobbling the little short ones below the brow, and any strays at the outer ends.

I reckon it shouldn’t take that much eyebrow pencil to get a decent shape.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

I’ve just got myself an eyebrow care kit…will let you know how it works out.

Hugs X

Wilma.

RachelAnn
          Lady

I’ll maybe add to Connie’s post and say that taking a eyebrow comb to them with a little petroleum jelly (very little) or hair gel and then brush your brows up. The stragglers will show up quickly.  Also I don’t know if it still applies, but lining up something with a straight edge, like a ruler or pencil, from the edge of your nostril and the inside of your eye should be where your brows start, then the the same for the outside edge of your eye to nostril should be where they end.  I know there is a spot to line up for the feminine arch (if you are brave enough) somewhere on the pupil, but I can’t remember right now. Someone else might know. That’s what I’ve read anyway

Yesterday I went to an eyebrow threading place.  The fact that i’m a guy was an absolute non-issue.  I walked in “hi, have a seat, you just want me to tidy them up?”   “yes, and can you make them a bit thinner please”

5 minutes and $16 later I was out the door with perfect brows.  This is definitely going to be a routine thing for me.

Not gonna lie and say it doesn’t hurt, but it’s quick.

Rach

RachelAnn
        Lady

A few at a time seems to be a good strategy. Less noticeable that way.

Brows, nails and moisturising as others have said but would add that I typically sit with my legs crossed, which since children imitate parents is a habit I have passed on to our youngest (30 years old) son. It was a comment by his girlfriend that made me aware of the fact that this is a typically feminine way to sit.

RachelAnn
        Lady

funny, my son and I do the same.

I do love Secret deoderant! (funny brand name when you think about it!!) Love the lilac scent! A nice body mist is a must for me!

RachelAnn
        Lady

mmm body mist, I need to pick some of that up again.  I used to like the pear scented one.  haven’t used any in years.

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Well this is a fun topic …. Let’see..

• wear panties
      • keep body hair removed
      • petty colors on my toes
      • finger nails nicely manicured with clear polish
      • sit to pee
      • Secret deodorant
      • sometimes hair in a high ponytail
      • curl my eyelashes
      • use a face wash and moisturize twice a day
      • take a biotin supplement for my hair and nails
      • work on my posture

I’m sure there are more but that’s all I can think of right now.

Robin

Robin Snow
        Duchess

Oh,  I almost forgot flavored lip balm.

Leonara
        Ambassador

What a great topic all the above for me except mascara on the eyelashes and will now curl mine, also, and I prefer my short blond bobbed hairstyle.
        I will add, 4” strappy heels to show off my red polished toenails… Leonara

RachelAnn
          Lady

I love having my toes painted when I get the chance. My wife suggested some of those toe wraps.  I have yet to try it though.

RachelAnn
        Lady

That is a great list! Thanks for responding!

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi RachelAnn,

My eyebrows seem to be thinning with age. The spider legs get trimmed when I get my haircut. I do shave my legs and most body hair daily when I shower. After showering I moisturize those areas. Like a bunch of other girls here I sit to pee. Recently I’ve begun doing booty building exercises. This started because I found out it is good for the lower back. However it seems to make my skirts fill out a little bit better too.
      Now please tell me about exfoliating reducing ingrown hair. That sounds awesome!

Lara XO

RachelAnn
        Lady

Sure, if you aren’t exfoliating you should be. It helps to remove dead skin cells, as well as dirt and oil that can clog hair follicles.  I use a dry brush from my toes to my face before sliding in the bath then have another scrubber when I’m in there with my body wash.

I also saw on Pinterest a tip someone posted from a stripper that dabbing the bikini area with rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball after you get out of the tub also helps clean it all which works great all over not just the bikini line, and what shows up on that cottonball afterward is nasty, lol.  Anyway be sure to moisturize afterwards, then after you are all dry, take some of that secret deodorant and rub it all over the bikini area to keep it dry.  Time consuming, but works great for me, my ingrown hairs really are non existent.  I do the alcohol and deodorant thing on the inside and back of my thighs as well as my chest.  Give it a go report back how if it works if you are so inclined.

Lara Muir
          Baroness - Annual

Thanks so much RachelAnn! I’m definitely going to give it a go.

XOO Lara

Moisturize

Panties when I can

Secret deoderant

sit when pee

shave legs

Lip balm

Moisturize

Panties when I can

Secret deoderant

sit when pee

shave legs

Lip balm

RachelAnn
        Lady

What is it about Secret deodorant? there must be a hundred different kinds of deodorant for women, but secret smells the best in my opinion.

Lipstick, a little makeup, and thongs!

RachelAnn
        Lady

short and simple, I like it. it’s sometimes the simple things.  Also, can’t beat a good thong, lol.

For me it’s simple – bubble baths, romantic/sensual lingerie, and I definitely moisturize. Also since I have a boyfriend I’ll add in romance & intimacy with him makes me feel really fem and girly as well.

RachelAnn
        Lady

I love some satiny fabric lingerie type stuff after a bath.  I have a long satin robe that is heaven after shaving in the bath.  Good for you on BF.  Can’t beat that for making you feel fem and girly.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I get a Mani or Pedi as needed and keep them up myself in between. I’ve been getting my brows tamed and gradually shaped to a more feminine style. I use a face wash daily and moisturize twice a day, most days. I have been keeping my body free of hair. I’ve been using an IPL on my arms and abdomen, now that area is also hair free. Had laser hair removal on my back, so that’s pretty much gone too. I keep legs shaved but starting to use my IPL on them now, so hope to get that resolved soon. Have been using electrolysis on face, still some ways to go on that. By the way, this is the least favorite thing that i do.

RachelAnn
        Lady

What IPL do you use, I wouldn’t mind looking into one for myself.  Even though I do most of my dressing and feminine upkeep in the winter months, buying razor blades constantly gets expensive. I have yet to experience a professional mani pedi. Definitely on my bucket list

Roberta Broussard
          Duchess - Annual

It’s labeled as an Xsoul, i got it on Amazon somewhere around $100

Oh girl, you have got to try a Mani Pedi!  My wife sees my toes getting bad and reminds me to hit the salon.  I’ve gone to several (drab) and it’s totally normal for girls like us to go in!  It’s not real expensive here (maybe like $32 + tip). I’ve even got a regular girl I see.  Besides feeling feminine, it feels absolutely wonderful!  I always get the full deal with leg massage too!

Great topic,

I like to keep my toenails painted and get regular pedicures, filed and clear polish on my finger nails, panties and bra everyday. Like most I wear women’s deodorant and other then at work a light touch of perfume lately. Pantyhose and a camisole in the cooler weather. My newest is wearing my woman’s jeans and sweaters while out. Light touch of mascara and eye shadow.

RachelAnn
        Lady

That’s a great list, I sometimes wish I had the bravery to wear some light makeup everyday.

Try it hun, I started with a very light touch of mascara and a light shade of eyeshadow then slowly go a bit heavier.  No one has noticed or hasn’t said anything to me as of yet.  A nice light slash of perfume is nice also.

RachelAnn
            Lady

Unfortunately my job puts me in front of customers all day and the territory I cover is largely rural and conservative, so it wouldn’t particularly be good for paying my bills, lol. Someday maybe.

Well maybe in your free time you could try it hun.

painting my toenails flaming red always makes me feel good

RachelAnn
        Lady

How can it not make you feel good, lol.  I love that tacky smooth feeling on my hose and socks when I have them painted.  Thanks for responding!

Anonymous
      Lady

I am enjoying this post, lots of little things we all seem to do. So heres my list of things I do EVERY day:

eyebrows trimmed and shaped

tonails painted

nails long, shaped and clear coated

lasered face, neck, arms, underarms and legs (shaved when necessary to stay hair free and smooth)

ears pierced

posture, walk & sitting in feminine manner (I consciously watch and try to do this all the time)

face moisturized and skin cared for

exercise and watch weight/figure (down 55 lbs)

daily attire androgynous and feminine

colored lip  balm

slightly feminine jewelry

womens socks/knee highs (don’t own any mens socks)

women’s panties (don’t own any mens underwear)

I am sure there are other things I do and my beloved wifey has pointed out I have visible feminine traits even when not trying.
      Cheers C

RachelAnn
        Lady

Great list, all that hard work shows in your in your pictures. Also, I want to raid your shoe collection!

Anonymous
          Lady

RachelAnn thanks for the compliment. The shoe collection has definitely increased in size and I have developed a love of Vince Camuto heels. By the way I am a size 10.
          Cheers C

RachelAnn
            Lady

Bummer, I usually size 11 to 12, lol

Hi girls

Am I right that a male size 8 is a female 10?

Anonymous
            Lady

I have heard that floated around as well but my personal experience is closer to a size or size and a half. Partially that has to do with how my guy shoes (9ish) fit vs womens (10 heels, 11 flats). My heels need to be a little snug do they don’t slip and come off whereas my flats can be a little looser. Guy shoes… yeah well whatever!  They fit. I typically wear Dansko clogs in guy mode.
            C

Rosiebeth
      Lady

Like a lot of you girls.  I sit to pee even in male mode.
      the other is when I shower I lift my my boobs up into the warm shower massaging them and it brings out the girl.  Lol.

RachelAnn
        Lady

Lifting boobs in the shower is definitely a new one.  Lift em if ya got em, as the old saying goes, or something like that, lol. Thanks for chiming in!

Anonymous

I practice my female voice with my outdoor cats.

RachelAnn
        Lady

Ooo yeah female voice practicing, good one. Funny, I have vivid memories of my grandma calling the barn cats on her farm as she walked down to a tree across the yard with a plate full of table scraps to feed them, lol.  True story, I can still hear her calling “heeerrree Kitty kitty kitty” and they would come running.  If you’re doing something similar, that is good practice indeed!

Anonymous

I thought of another one.
        I am learning Spanish on the Duo Lingo app. When I speak back to the phone I try to use my female voice.
        If I am not clear and distinct I don’t get the answer correct.
        I try to mimic the intonation of the female speaker. I used the voice/text thing for this reply.

That’s a great idea! I’ll have to start trying that.

So many feminine maintenance activities to keep up with, but none I consider them to be a chore as they enhance my feminine feelings.
      1. Styling my hair, short but feminine, the same way every day, as I love seeing it styled.
      2. Trimming and maintaining the shape of my brows.
      3. Wearing perfume, Moisturizing and keeping my skin soft, removing calluses.
      4. Manicuring my nails and keeping cuticles trimmed and softened. I don’t use nail polish, but buffing to make them shine even without polish.
      5. Wearing earrings daily, just for fun, or to enjoy the feeling of having my earrings moving as I move.
      6. Practicing a feminine walk and posture.

RachelAnn
        Lady

All good ones, buffing the nails in particular, I. Don’t do my fingers, but I do my toe nails before I paint them. Thanks for responding

Anonymous
      Lady

I’ve been trying to train myself to stand like a girl. You see girls standing on one leg with the other crossed over in front of the other all the time and its like they don’t even think about it. It seems so easy to do but I find I’m unsteady trying to stand like that. I wobble trying to maintain balance no matter which leg I try.

I also try to move and sit like a female but the leg thing seems difficult for me.

That’s funny, Michelle, I also try to stand like that, I can stand on one leg, no problem, but as soon as I cross one over the other, its like I added weight to one side of my body, and the wobble begins, lol.
        I keep trying, though
        Hugs, Regi

RachelAnn
        Lady

Good one! I do something similar with sitting. I always try to point my toes down with my legs crossed on the foot that’s dangling.  I’m not quite flexible enough, but I love women pint their toes, lol.

I stand like that too!  My SO has caught me standing rather girly and tells me so.  I just smile and think to myself, gee…. It works!  Although, having received two new knees, I seemingly can’t stand like that very long!  Lol

Anonymous

Love sitting on the seat in the corner of my shower and shaving my legs!

Great question, Rachelann,
      for myself, pretty much everything I do, I do feminine, now.
      I was once so very conscious, of how I moved, sat, walked, working on being feminine, now, it’s just the norm,
      Its so wonderful, being me.
      P.S, my wife tells me, anyone seeing me, whether in drab, or femme, would know Im “her” (smiles)
      Hugs, Regi

RachelAnn
        Lady

Sounds like practicing all those little things paid off. Thanks for responding!

I certainly keep my feet smooth and toenails brightly painted, though as a UK size 10 (US 11) with a certain hobbit look about them, they’re never going to be feminine.

As a submissive man I spend periods of time in a chastity cage, so that’s sitting down to pee. In bars with male friends, where they all use the urinals and I use a cubicle, they either think I’m very shy or else I have some medical issue.

In the last few months I’ve begun to paint my fingernails, though in more subdued tones than my toes. To complement this I’m growing them long for the first time in my life. I love the look but I’ve managed to scratch myself several times, and tasks from typing to opening cans of soda are more difficult than before and I’m forever chipping the varnish. I’ll get there though.

Hi Stevie

I went today and had A mani pedi and I love to wear nail polish but mine needs to be clear. What is a
        Chastity cage? Sounds like fun

Jenifer

Hi Jennifer, sorry for the delay – been a bit busy this month.

There’s lots of information on what a chastity cage is on Google, but basically it’s a device made from metal or plastic which encases the penis and prevents handling and erections. Usually it will consist of a ring which fits around the penis and scrotum snugly (but allowing circulation) a tube which holds the penis in place, and a lock which joins the two. The key can either be kept by the wearer, or given to someone to give them control of genitals and genital activity. My wife is my keyholder.

Lacey Cyn
      Lady

I shave my legs, arms and chest and use “Don’t Grow There” lotion on them. I also has a face wash and a toner I use everyday. I take a collagen supplement in my coffee every morning and since I work from home I have been working on doing light make up in the morning, not a full face, but a little cover up, foundation, etc. it’s hardly noticeable unless you know what you are looking for and it can’t be seen on Zoom meetings.

Anonymous

I take a collagen supplement in my coffee too, but I didn’t think it was girly to do so. I just want to look younger.

Lacey Cyn
          Lady

It may not be. I don’t know, but it seems I don’t know any “guys” who do it. Just ladies.

I practice my femme walk whenever I’m alone in a hallway or walking from the parking lot at work. It’s a great way to feel femme and I can convert to boy mode in stride.

Anonymous

Hi RachelAnn,

As I read through the responses to your query I realized that I do many of the same things. I keep my body hair completely at bay. I used to worry that someone would notice my shaved legs but if anyone does they never say anything.

I keep my fingernails neatly shaped and usually a coat or two of clear polish on them. I cross my legs like a girl when I sit and sit all the time in the restroom.

A couple of years ago I decided that I was tired of repressing the girl inside and many of my behaviors and habits started changing. Since then I feel a little more comfortable in my own skin.

Hugs, Jillian

Hi Rachel Ann
      I do a lot of what you said today I had mani pedi feet scraped I would love to find a place where you sit on the edge of the pool and let the little fish nibble on the dead skin on your feet the motorized scraper is the ped egg peace and

love Jennifer

I love listening to coffee shop music while painting my nails and putting on rings and bralettes.

I know it is not a small thing but I enjoy the makeup process, moisturize, primers, foundation…

Alanna

Diana W
      Lady

What a great thread!  So many ways we can enjoy feeling feminine.

I love a soak in the bath with a bath bomb.

I shave my legs frequently.

I keep my toenails painted.  Not my fingernails, though.  I’m still closeted to family and friends.

My wife and I regularly do facials together.  I also use moisturiser.

I wear perfume and makeup often.

I always sit to pee.

Sitting crosslegged just comes natural to me now.

I seem to have a natural feminine gait when I walk.  I’ve always walked that way.

I keep my toenails painted and body free of hair, I wear pantyhose every day. As I type this I’m having fun with my femininity as I’m trying to see how long I can grow my own fingernails without being noticed, they’re almost a quarter inch past the tip and so far nobody has noticed. I know my wife has but she knows about my feminine side.

I also practice speaking in my girl voice as much as possible, sometimes catching myself automatically speaking to people as Lauren and getting the odd look. I always try to have feminine poise and hand gestures, walk with a feminine gait, walk with my hips, elbows tucked in and head held high. The girl at the Clinique counter where I buy my cosmetics says the other clerks could tell I am a CD/TG by my movements and way of speaking.

Anonymous

I get pedicures and get gel nail polish..my wife removes all my body hair with body sugar which is better than waxing..she also does my eyebrows..perks of being married to a cosmetologist!!

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?