Tagged: ,

• This topic has 50 replies, 43 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 44 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I love the look and feeling of smooth legs,  but I find it awkward to explain why my legs would be hairless.  I tend to shave them in the winter,  when they would be covered up,  are  there any reasons girls could offer.

I know this is probably an old question,  but any help would be welcome.

Thank-you

Jennifer

Anonymous

Jennifer, I have shaved my legs for the last two months.  I play a good bit of golf and my guy group has not even noticed and my wife hasn’t either .  Also, I live in the south and wear shorts when not at work and no issue.  I am not saying someone might not notice but for me it has been great.

You might find this more of a non issue then you think. Like Michelle said-none of her golf friends have said anything and nothing from wife.

I have been shaved year round for 6 or 7 years and other then my wife asking “Are you shaving your-arms, legs etc” and her saying “I need to process that” no one has said anything to me. Last time she asked was several years ago. I am involved in guy activities where you are in very close proximity at times standing your underwear and not one friend has said anything. So many men do this now it does not seem to be an issue for most though I’m sure some people might bring it up. You could say something like I prefer being hair free or skirt the subject.

Sandy

Anonymous

Agree wholeheartedly, and besides who cares. It feels good and looks great.

RachelAnn
      Lady

I too generally shave only in the cooler months.  I’ve seen others on here give the avid cycler or swimmer as their excuse before.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thanks for all the wonderful advice.  I had thought of doing more cycling and as Sandy said body hair removal for men Is more popular and people would probably not care.</p>
      Thanks all

I tell people I’m a crossdresser. That seems to work.

Anonymous

Lol

Hi Jennifer

How about brutal honesty.

’I just think they look and feel so much better Shaved’

perhaps with some gentle persuasion.

’Don’t you agree they look so much better?’

I have realised it is not such a big deal, especially if you are open and honest about it, just be proud of them, what’s wrong with it. I know historically it’s not a ‘manly’ thing to do but it’s 2019.

love

B

Old but always a good question Jennifer,

My wife hates it when I shave my legs, she is some what Ok with it in the winter.

I think part of it is she is afraid I will be discovered by our friends.

( my wife said my best friends wife was noticing my razor burned legs earlier this spring so I stopped)

My wife I think likes my hairy legs.

She says I can shave in the winter and I can hardly wait.

I love having them shaved.

Patty

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I was 17 I wore pantyhose for my girlfriend. She did not like the hair crushed underneath. She thought it looked weird, so she helped me shave the hair off.  I thought my legs looked strange with no hair on them. But when I put on a new pair of pantyhose I was thrilled. My legs looked and felt so good.

Then she coerced me into wearing the pantyhose out with shorts. I was real nervous about that, fearing all these bad things that could happen when someone noticed me wearing pantyhose. No one seemed to notice. It was lots of anxiety for nothing and we had a lot of fun once I calmed down and relaxed some.

Since then I have not let hair grow on my legs. I really wanted to keep my legs hair free for pantyhose wearing but was worried about getting noticed for having hair free legs. Maybe it’s because I didn’t have a lot of hair to begin with so removing it didn’t make a big visual difference, or maybe no one noticed.

Kelly Love
        Baroness

Patty ,

My hubby is very hairy. Some areas of his body, I have always felt is was very sexy but also manly. Having said that, I know manly is not what he seeks now therefore he shaves his whole body at times.

If anyone has noticed his shaven legs, they have never mention it. Not even the kids. I always tell him if anyone should notice, to tell them (since we live in the south) that the sweats makes the hairs stick to his legs as they are (were)  so hairy. Because it actually does. It’s like the beads of sweat hang on each strand. Hope this helps.

KellyLove❣️

Thanks Kelly for the advice,

I will keep that in mind.

sounds like your husband has a very understanding spouse.

He is very lucky.

You are too sweet.

Patty

This has been really interesting, I don’t think I am ready for the brutal honesty approach, but I will definitely shave over the winter and perhaps increase my cycling as a pretext for smoother legs in the summer.

Thanks

Jennifer

Amy Myers
      Baroness

This is something that I have worried about as well. Now, unlike some, I don’t have huge amount of body hair, but earlier this year decided that I really wanted to shave my legs, but since no one in our family or friends know about my dressing that worried me. So far, I don’t believe that anyone has noticed, but also I don’t wear shorts out very often, and have taken extra care not to show my clear legs.

Though as have another poster noted, shaving is not as common for men, it is done more so than in the past.

I am also am the same about my chest hair, afraid that someone would notice, but no one, other than my wife notices.

Amy

Anonymous

I have frequently shaved my body hair in the summer months, and have always disliked the hairiness.

From about age 7 I dreaded growing up and becoming horrible and hairy and smelly.

It still makes me feel quite ill to see a really hairy man in a dressing room or swimming pool – I can’t explain why. I have to change facing the wall so I don’t see other men, and shower very quickly.

My wife has never liked that I shave, and I have left myself hairy to keep her happy – but maybe I’m getting more selfish as I go through middle age?

I really think, like, this is my body, and I love being silky smooth and clean shaven all over. It actually makes me feel happier about myself.

So why not?

I have never dictated to her what she should or shouldn’t do to her body – and wouldn’t dream of it!

In my opinion, people should be free to do what they like, as long as no actual harm is done – physical or mental.

Co-ercing someone to be something they’re not is unacceptable.

So my body will be fresh and clean shaven, and If anyone has anything to say about it, then they must be making a joke, as it’s not their business, but mine.

So a good laugh at their hairiness is the fix!

Love Laura

I shaved my legs tonight.,  I could not resist and it is nearly winter here.

Jennifer

I have been an avid swimmer and cyclist since my teenage wannabe years. As such, I have shaved my body regularly since my teenage years.  No one generally makes any comment aside from my siblings whose give me some good natured teasing  about it.  Those who have notice usually ask out of curiosity and I usuallly respond with the truth – I’m a swimmer and cyclist. Lately, it has been the high school girls whom I coach who notice.  They actually compliment my legs or express some jealousy.  All in all, I have not had a negative experience.

MacKenzie Alexandra

Leonara
      Ambassador

I love the feeling of smooth shaven legs and I have been shaving for the last 5 years. I first started shaving the thighs to the knee. It works year around. During the summer my shorts or bathing suit would cover my thighs … During the winter, I would sit in the shower and shave my whole legs and moisturizer aftewards. Few years ago, I had an “uh oh” moment, my wife and I spent ten days in Aruba in mid January. My legs were silky smooth….much to my surprise, it was a none issue… I guess 65+, I blend in… To this day, I now shave once a week and I love the smooth legs with silky pantyhose.
      This winter I will express my feminity and go for 100% hair free body and finally shave my arms..
      Ladies don’t forget to moisturize. …. Leonara

I recently started shaving my legs. For some reason I had numerous blad patches on my legs. I’m a running and wear a knee brace around one knee so one day I shaved a band around the knee as the hair of irrating under the brace. While sitting on the couch the wife told me I should just. I let the comment pass by but she mentioned it again a few days later. So the next day I just shaved them. They feel great.

Mist

I recently epilated my arms, legs and chest.  I love the feeling and look of the smooth skin.  Even if I wasn’t a crossdresser I think I’d still prefer to be hair free as I’ve always hated the feel of the hairs (tickly nose when lying on my arm in bed, irritating my skin etc)…I’m also several degrees cooler without the hair!

My wife took a couple of days to even notice my arms were no longer hairy.  She said she didn’t think she liked then smooth.  My response was that I do and that she’d get used to it.  Normally I do things to please her but this time I thought “f*ck it, it’s my body.  Why should I have to put up with hair which I hate just to please you?”.  I guess I’m becoming more assertive with age 🙂

Since then, when out and about, nobody has even seemed to notice.  Maybe being in South East Asia where most men don’t have hairy bodies helps.  I ride motorcycles so, if I had an off and cut myself, being smooth would make treating the would easier.  I could use that as an excuse.  However, If anyone was to ask, I think I’d just say I prefer being smooth.

Besides, when you go into most supermarkets these days (in the west) there are specific hair removal creams for men so going smooth is no longer unusual.

I think that sometimes we worry that being seen in public with shaved legs is letting our crossdressing slip show, so to speak. But as less body hair on men has become more main stream I would think it is becoming less and less of  an issue.

I notice many of the younger boys at work sporting shaven arms and chests. I think that eventually if you want to be clean shaven you will find an answer to keep in your pocket to explain if asked but I doubt you will ever have to use it. Good Luck

Anonymous

Personally I dont find this an issue. I tend to jusy say that I dont like body hair. Which I don’t and that is good enough for most people.

I’ve been told that the first you shave your legs and put on nylons the feeling is unbelievable.
      Yes, I would like to shave my legs and wear hosiery all the time. I have not come out to my wife for reasons that I won’t into here.
      I want to nurture my feminine side. I want to become as much a woman as I can so, yes, I would love to shave my legs.

I wanted to start tanning, but when I do, my lower leg hair started to make me look like I was wearing white socks when my legs are wet LOL so it had to go away.

Actually, nobody seems to have noticed, not even my step son. I wear shorts a lot now.

And also……even if it were not a crossdressing issue….I simply feel sexier with a smooth body. My wife knows this and that is why she is totally on board with it. I wish I could get rid of my chest hair though….but she really really likes it so it stays. Leg hair? GONE…..bikini area? Neatly trimmed.

She is excessively cool in that if something makes me feel sexy – like CDing – she cheerfully let’s me do it. That is why I’m not in a rush to get rid of my chest hair.

Angela
      Lady

Hi Jennifer,

‘I’ve been thinking of shaving my legs for winter as well. One of my golf friends shaves his entire body. He did it when he ran. No one says anything. But I’m pretty hairy and wonder what they would say if they saw my shaved legs while golfing, I’m lucky to be able to play golf in shorts year around. Plus my SO comments how she likes the hair on my arms and being she doesn’t know about Angela I’m not sure how she would react. I hope I can muster the courage to shave my legs.

Angela

Fortunate or not I have very little hair on my legs from the knee up and from the knee down I have no hair think it was because I use to wear work boots and kept it wore off or did not let it grow. I have to explain I have no hair and since I do I keep the upper hair fairly short with a 2 – 4 on the razor this allows me wear pantyhose with little notice of my hair and do not have to shave. Back to your issue though you can say I just don’t have much and I get rid of it like a lot of runners and swimmers do. Makes it look and feel better. Leave it at that and do not get embarrassed with your answer.
      Sara

Im a cyclist. So…. ready made excuse 🙂

Anonymous

I think I should purchase a bike then.😉

I notice a lot more men of all ages with shaved legs, so I think think it’s so unusual. I really dislike body hair. Fortunately, I don’t have a lot of it, though my legs get pretty hairy. I prefer to shave them. It’s not been an issue, but I don’t wear shorts that often that anyone notices and if I’m at the gym, I don’t really care. I don’t think that anyone else does either.

I love my legs smooth. I use Nair or Veet depending on what my wife gets for me. I finish with Jergens silky smooth lotion.

I shave my legs about once a week, maybe even twice a week. Yes i had to explain why I started shaving my legs, but i hate having hair as well.

Lexi4Fun
      Lady

I live in Florida, so, it is not uncommon for men, especially older men, to have shaved legs, and there are a lot of bicyclists here, who shave legs, for several reasons. The heat, (shaved legs are cooler) wind drag for athletes like bicyclists and runners, swimmers too, for water drag. I just say I am an avid cyclist, (and I am actually) which makes sense when they see me riding everywhere, and keeps my legs in shape.

After shaving them daily for the last 1o years, I haven’t had anyone say anything in a very long time, (in my male mode), and I wear short, shorts, regularly, like almost 9 months out of the year, here in central Florida. If it does come up, I say I ride a bicycle and like to swim, it’s cooler too. Most of the time, instead of rationalizing it, trying to give a reason, I just say, that’s what I like to do.. I usually get just a “brief”, but a wide eye sort of a look, and that’s usually about the extent of it..

Anonymous

I started shaving my legs and keeping them shaved this year. In the summer I wear shorts just like everyone else. I have noticed people glancing down at my legs but so far no one has said a word. I don’t think they (people) really care. I sure don’t. Do what you want, that is my advice. Hugs and kisses

I just told somebody that asked about my hairless arms that my Dr. told me to stay hairless because of a skin irritation problem. Don’t really know if he bought it but his wife said maybe he should try it.

Rosiebeth
      Lady

I just started to shave my legs this past week. I really love the look and feel of it.  I also enjoy sitting down and putting on lotion to make them even more silky looking and soft. That being said I would say that I sweat too much and my skin breaks out and the doctor said losing the hair will help.  I’ll never stop shaving now.

Hugs & Kisses

Rosie Beth.

I have shaved my legs for more than 10 years and my arms for the last 2. No one has said anything about it. I guess if they did I would just say I like the feel of my skin that way. Otherwise I would simply consider it none of their business. I say go for it summer or winter and let them be d***ed! It is your life you should be able to enjoy it as you wish. Good luck.

Anonymous

I have shaved my legs for years. No one has asked why or made any comments to my face. My reasons for shaving did change last year. Last year I had a total knee replacement and a nerve was damaged so the skin from the lower part of the knee to the ankle was totally numb except when the hair grows out and then it would itch deep under the skin. So shaving keeps the sensation away. But I shave because I love how my thigh highs feel on my legs, how my legs feel under clothes, bed sheets and I like how my legs look with shorts on. I also keep my arms shaved as well. Same goes for my arm pits, keeping that shaved keeps down body smell much better. I like to backpack, camp and trout fish in the mountains and I found it is much easier to feel a tick crawling on my skin vs on my hair. Lots of ticks in the woods I have no desire to get Lyme disease.

If someone were to ask why I would just tell them I don’t like leg hair, simple as that. Honestly everybody is just too busy in their own world to give a care about others. So shave those pins and enjoy the feel!

Christy
      Lady

After shaving for years, I now get lazy on shaving in the winter months because no one will see them. If I have a doctors appointment or if I do have to show them, I make sure I’m smooth.

I started out wondering just like you, and look at me now. Only had a couple of comments, and I just shrugged the off, said I hate hair, or asked if we were going to discuss everyone’s personal grooming habits.

And I live in a very conformity-minded place.

Dont worry, and just don’t be defensive about it.

Anonymous

Hiya all, having read quite a few posts, I am coming to the opinion that I am very fortunate indeed, my wife is fully on board with my girly side, she buys me the veet to strip my legs with, neither of us likes hairy bodies, I shave my head, chin, chest, genitals, legs, armpits and virtually everything else (sure you can fill in the gaps without me being graphic) I live in a very white, very straight, very working class area, and nobody has said a word about my smooth legs all summer whilst it was warm enough to wear shorts, yes I have had a few funny looks but basically I think f*** em, it’s my body, my wife is the only one that matters on these matters, and she loves it, and the feeling of really sheer top quality stockings on freshly shaved legs makes me tingle all over. . . . Oh and she strips the hair off of my back for me too, so i suppose like i said at the beginning of the post, i consider myself very lucky indeed x

Anonymous

You are indeed very lucky

All the information is wonderful,  The biggest  drawback is once you shave your legs you want to spend all your time in heels short skirts and expensive hosiery.

Jennifer 🙂

Just tell people you are not into body hair.  I don’t think people really notice.

J J
      Lady

I have been shaving my legs for over thirty years. I wear shorts year round, so plenty if exposure. I have been asked about or comment on now exactly four times. Two people asked why, a woman and a man, two just complemented me on my legs, both women, and one said more men should shave.

I started because I was racing bikes, but continued because I like the look and feel, as does my wife.

The bottomline is that it is okay to shave, few will notice, fewer will comment, and any response is adequate because nobody is really going to take the conversation anywhere further. Espcially is you just say you are a crossdresser, I bet that shuts people up quickly.

Rose Hill
      Duchess - Annual

No excuses, shave them if you want to. Some men have hairy legs,  some do not.  Mine are not too bad and I shave them whenever I have the time

Yes I do, as well as my chest and underarms. The hair on my legs doesn’t grow on all parts of my legs so I started shaving them along time ago.

Anonymous

I’ve been shaving my legs as well as my underarms and everywhere else for a couple of years now. The only person who asked was my wife. She knows I crossdress, doesn’t really approve but isn’t about to destroy our life over it. After she noticed my underarms, she asked, I replied yes, I do not like body hair. She nodded and the discussion was over.

At first I was self conscious, especially wearing a tank top but no one commented so it is no longer an issue.

For about 10 years now, I have either shaved my legs and under arms or had the hair removed by waxing.  The only times anyone commented was prior to two separate surgeries. Each time the prep nurse came into shave me and realized I was already shaved. One nurse was very complimentary

J J
      Lady

Another simple reason to remove body hair is odor control. We all smell better with out all that hair trapping moisture and bacteria. This is most important with under arm hair, but applies everywhere.

Anonymous

If you are questioned about shaving your body, simply tell them you are practicing for the Olympic swim team!

I just had to learn to ignore the looks when I was in shorts.

Dianne

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?