Tagged: 

Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Having large feet, UK Size 13, I’ve struggled to obtain suitable women’s shoes.  Also being in the closet, I have limited storage space and if I want to order I need a ‘click & collect’ delivery option so I can pick up my order from elsewhere.

I have been using mens shoes with similar styles to women’s shoes.  This is great as I can buy and store them openly.  For general wear I have some navy slip-on boat shoes, plain black lace-ups; black tasselled loafers and some chelsea boots. For summer I have blue canvas lace up shoes and some white sneakers.  I use these shoes en femme and when in man mode.

I decided a few months back I wanted some real women’s shoes I did try a pair of size 13 (UK) ballerina flats from Long Tall & Sally (in a sale).  I found them too big for my feet ! I tried padding the toes and using heel grips, but neither worked to my satisfaction.

As a check I measured my feet and looked at shoes size charts. A number of large size shoes are imported to the UK from the USA; the general rule is for women’s shoes take off two sizes; so US 15  becomes UK 13.  However US women’s size 15 is a little bit longer than UK 13 (about 2mm). When I measured my feet they are actually more like a UK 12.5 which explains why the ballerina flats I bought were too big; so I thought I would try a size 12.

So recently I bought two pairs of shoes from Long Tall & Sally. when the styles I was interested in were back in stock. I bought a pair of size 12 UK black ballerina pumps which were a tight fit; after using some shoe stretchers, they fit better and are wearing in well and are very comfortable. I also got a pair of size 13 UK black knee boots, these are a bit tricky to get on, but they are really great and I will enjoy wearing them once I’ve worn them in. I am now pleased I have some real women’s shoes that I can wear.  🙂

Thanks for posting this as I suffer from exactly the same issues. Being at the bigger end of the scale in almost every direction makes things so much more difficult.

I look through the wonderful pictures posted by the ladies on this forum and some of them have bodies I’d die for. I’m deeply envious of the figures they have.

Much Love.

Sara

X

I have the same problem and have been looking for a pair of wedge sandals forever. There is another thread here at CDH titled “Good shoe resource” and the author, Emily suggested I look at Torrid which I did. Based on their size chart it appears their size 13 will fit my size 14.5 US feet. She told me that their sizing runs bigger. I ordered a pair yesterday and can’t wait to try them on.

Lynda Jones
        Baroness - Annual

Love shopping at Torrid, I can order online and return to there store, same with Macy’s, makes easy as some things look great but they either dont fit or look like the adds.

This is my first order with them. I can see more in my future. I may be in trouble..

Anonymous

Torrid shoes do run big I oder a size 12 and it’s big on me
        I normally wear a size 11 in men’s shoes

Hi there:  I don’t quite have the same problem as you – I’m only a (UK) 12!!!  Have you looked at the selection on Alternative Footwear – I’ve found they have a decent selection… and they usually seem to fit to the size they say.  The only shoes I’ve had from them that didn’t seem right were a (gorgeous!) pair of size 12 sandals… that were just a little too big!  (Mind – I bought one pair of very beautiful size 11 sandals purely because I just couldn’t resist them and I crossed my fingers they would fit – which they did perfectly!)  Good luck…  Holly XXX

Thanks for the info for Alternative Footwear, there’s a couple of styles that suit me.

Very glad to be of help!  If you buy a pair, is there any chance of posting a picture of them (with you in them?)  Holly XXX

I have just ordered a pair from long tall sally, and a pair or sandals from Amazon. Let’s see how they go.
      Other than that like the original author I fall back on unisex shoes that I own

Cece X
      Lady

I guess one of the problems we have with shopping in person, where we can try on shoes, is that shoe stores hardly exist anymore. When I was younger, shoe stores were everywhere. Sneaker stores abound these days, but not shoe stores. Last month, I visited a big department store in New York City, went to the women’s shoe section, and the largest shoes displayed did not come anywhere close to my size.

Anonymous
      Lady

Same problem here… big feet! I see so many cute shoes but none in my size… sigh. The selection is very limited for us big footed girls.

Recently I read an article written about tips for CD’s with large feet. Maybe this will help..

In order to make our feet look smaller it said to wear low heels instead or flats because an angled foot, even a little, makes it look smaller and the higher the heel the better. Do not wear pointed toe shoes but rounded or squared toes so as to not extend our already long foot. Get heels with wide straps instead of a thin strap to create the illusion of a smaller foot. Muted shoe colors don’t bring attention to the foot like those sexy red or pink heels do… sorry. If you can wear a wider shoe in a size smaller then look for those. Shoe stretchers will loosen up smaller shoes. Strappy heels are more flexible and forgiving than closed heels.

Some tips to consider.

It sure is tough trying to find shoes that fit comfortable, being I’m somewhere between a 12 1/2 and 13 in woman’s, I have trouble  have found some brands like clothes fit better then others size wise, I bought a pair of Amazon Essentials ballet flat’s and they were a little tight but I have a pair of East Street size 12 and they fit great. It has just been a bit of trial and error, I’ll have to maybe start selling some of my error’s so I can buy some more……..   LOL

Hello!  I have always had great success buying my pumps and boots from plus size woman’s stores.  They tend to run a bit wider and always fit very well.  In the US I buy mostly from Torrid or Lane Bryant.

Tara

I’m in the UK and aloso have big feet. It took a lot of trial and error to find the right fit for every day ballet flats. Size 12.5 cannot be found in your local stores but I came across Andypola dot com in spain who do large and wide fittings. I get three pairs at a time as shipping to the UK is a bit of a killer.
      Steffy

Meredith
      Lady

I wear a lot of Troentorp clogs from Sweden. Super cute, they have sandals and boots in sizes that should fit you.

Beth
      Lady

Maybe too small for you but asos sell upto size 11 (uk)

I have a few pairs and they fit perfectly

Hi Alicen
      I think you should search the “hardnheavy store” website, you will probably find the shoes for your size 13 UK (15).
      Good luck with your search!

XOXOX from Italy 🇮🇹
      Greta ❤️

I wear a size 13 US men’s so I know the struggle.. I have to find size 15 women’s shoes! I’ve bought a pair of heeled boots on Amazon that are fantastic, and I bought a pair of open toed heels on the Wish app that fit great but feel a little flimsy. Probably wouldn’t recommend using Wish lol. I know Pleaser sells several different heel styles in large sizes because I used to have some platform heels from them.. although wearing platform heels REALLY makes me stand out because I’m already 6’2″ 😅

Anonymous

Try torrid

Torrid’s website only has shoes listed up to size 13.. and if that’s in Women’s sizes then those are too small. Have you had experience finding larger sizes there?

I am the same size as you are, and I have a pair of size 13 open toe wedges from Torrid that fit with little room to spare, I doubt anything with a closed heel would fit me. Pleaser and Ellie brands have sizes up to 16. I bought a pair of each on eBay and from a store online called Funkypair.

Torrid size 13 will fit a mans 13 just which is what I am I have several shoes from Torrid issue I run into is their boots my calfs are not huge so most all their boots don’t fit me you would need to be a real plus sized person.

Definitely Torrid 13WW for my 13 (US) feet.

There are a few sellers on Ebay that have Pleaser and Ellie heels in sizes up to 16. I have also bought size 15’s online from Funkypair.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?