- April 21, 2023 at 5:49 am #733570Christine ThomasParticipantRegistered On: October 12, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 276Has thanked: 941 timesBeen thanked: 1077 times
What type of skirt do you think best suits us narrow hipped ladies best? I really like pencil skirts but I think it emphasises the narrow hips and broad shoulders and so I guess A -line skirts are probably more becoming. What about other skirt types? Any thoughts/suggestions?
- April 25, 2023 at 4:35 am #734364Jenny JonesLadyRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 255Has thanked: 153 timesBeen thanked: 1024 times
- April 22, 2023 at 8:44 am #733757Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 1202Has thanked: 6027 timesBeen thanked: 5465 times
I probably wear skirts and tops more than dresses but love all kinds. In summer I am in long cotton skirts with summer tops and costume jewelry. I love the flow and freedom it provides. Other times I have pleated or pencil skirts for more dressy outfitings . I adore the feeling of snugness and restrictive movements in them with heels. I tend to wear one size larger with hip and butt enhancers though to produce the proper figure. The pencil skirt with a nice blouse and jacket is always elegant. I like to give off the impression of a career woman or secretary for blending in
- April 22, 2023 at 8:47 am #733758
- April 22, 2023 at 7:57 am #733751Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 583Has thanked: 3065 timesBeen thanked: 2327 times
Hi Christine, I usually prefer a short to medium length pencil skirt. I don’t wear any pads but do tailor all of my clothes to fit me exactly. As a result wiggle dresses and pencil skirts seem to work very well on my body. I also prefer a slightly thicker but stretchy material that is very forgiving and doesn’t bunch up or pucker when walking or sitting. It’s a lot of work but I like the look and think that it’s worth the extra effort. I like to pair this with a smooth bodysuit, heels, wide belt and a fitted blazer to complete the look. I hope this helps. Marg
- April 22, 2023 at 8:31 am #733755Christine ThomasLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 276Has thanked: 941 timesBeen thanked: 1077 times
thanks for the suggestion, I’ll look out for the ‘slightly thicker but stretchy material’ pencil skirts. But I see from you public photos that you really have the figure to wear pencil skirts.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 23, 2023 at 6:32 pm #734081Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 583Has thanked: 3065 timesBeen thanked: 2327 times
Oh Christine, you are so kind to say that. You made my day. Also, just fyi, the Ronni Nicole brand of dresses and skirts tends to use this thicker but stretchy material. Good luck, Marg
- April 22, 2023 at 6:29 am #733741Michelle DavisDuchessRegistered On: August 19, 2021Topics: 22Replies: 316Has thanked: 2214 timesBeen thanked: 1698 times
I have narrow hips but love the look and feel of a pencil skirt. I am trying to find an outfit with a Plenum top and a pencil skirt. I think that could be a nice look but haven’t found the right outfit yet.
- April 22, 2023 at 7:19 am #733746LadyRegistered On: October 12, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 276Has thanked: 941 timesBeen thanked: 1077 times
Michelle, happy hunting/shopping for the outfit. I am sure you will look and feel great in it. You look really good in all your public photos, so Im sure the pencil skirt outfit will look fantastic. Post photos when you get the outfit.
- April 21, 2023 at 9:17 pm #733711Wanda OvahearRegistered On: October 19, 2022Topics: 16Replies: 918Has thanked: 1758 timesBeen thanked: 2910 times
Sorry, I’m broad in the gunwales m’self.
- April 21, 2023 at 1:16 pm #733654Sarah CeriseLadyRegistered On: September 25, 2022Topics: 8Replies: 276Has thanked: 979 timesBeen thanked: 1153 times
Pencil skirts work really well for me, I do like fishtail skirts as well they feel lovely and a bit restrictive which I like. However if like some women who have a straight figure an A line skirt can give you a better shape.
- April 21, 2023 at 1:27 pm #733657
- April 21, 2023 at 10:09 am #733622Sarah KanterLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2019Topics: 25Replies: 292Has thanked: 700 timesBeen thanked: 1785 times
Pencil skirts actually work well for me, but I do have cyclist legs, so that may be different for others.
I think A-line and high wasted styles work well for me because I have relatively short legs.
For me personally, pleated skirts just make me look like a Roman soldier.
On the whole, skirts with better coverage tend to work better for me. I like mini-skirts, but I don’t usually look as good in them.
I think the most important thing is to find what works for your body type. There aren’t any rules about this, what works for one might not work for others. Experiment with different styles until something “clicks.”
- April 21, 2023 at 8:44 am #733607Jennifer AtwellLadyRegistered On: April 14, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 112Has thanked: 466 timesBeen thanked: 395 times
- April 21, 2023 at 8:13 am #733601Christy775LadyRegistered On: April 18, 2023Topics: 1Replies: 24Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 124 times
I’ve been wanting to try to go out in a public place dressed slightly fem, nothing super obvious but enough that I know it and other females would probably notice. Scared of getting noticed by someone I know and being outed! I also have been having this urge to tell someone else other than my SO who already knows that I cross dress, I have only one person in mind that would probably understand me and support it without being judgmental, she’s the person I mentioned in my first post. So tempted but SO SCARED!!!
- April 21, 2023 at 10:02 am #733621LadyRegistered On: October 12, 2022Topics: 10Replies: 276Has thanked: 941 timesBeen thanked: 1077 times
I suggest to take it easy, small steps, test the water. I also want to ‘go public’, I am slowly building up the courage.
Let us know how it goes.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 21, 2023 at 8:07 am #733599Suzanne MartinHostessRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 806Has thanked: 7572 timesBeen thanked: 3412 times
I would have to say A-line or pleated. Don’t forget skorts, I have a couple and find them to be comfortable to wear and help in keeping things looking nice. Haven’t tried a wrap skirt but sounds like it would be comfortable as well.
- April 21, 2023 at 7:51 am #733594Robyn DrakeManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: March 19, 2019Topics: 67Replies: 820Has thanked: 1718 timesBeen thanked: 2722 times
- April 21, 2023 at 7:56 am #733596
- April 21, 2023 at 7:47 am #733591Jerri NewmanLadyRegistered On: April 6, 2022Topics: 3Replies: 75Has thanked: 788 timesBeen thanked: 344 times
- April 21, 2023 at 7:21 am #733585AnonymousLadyTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Common sense tells me that something knee length, flowing, pretty, worn with a belt to accentuate my waist would be appropriate; however, my #1 is my faux red leather tight miniskirt. As a wise man said, “you wear a skirt that tight, you have no secrets.” 😊
- April 21, 2023 at 6:07 am #733574Lynda JonesBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 1, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 227Has thanked: 4015 timesBeen thanked: 796 times
- The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.