Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

What type of skirt do you think best suits us narrow hipped ladies best?  I really like pencil skirts but I think it emphasises the narrow hips and broad shoulders and so I guess A -line skirts are probably more becoming.  What about other skirt types?  Any thoughts/suggestions?

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

I prefere Wrap Skirts, and Dresses, wrap’s help with the small hip,s also pencil skirts.
      Lynda

Anonymous
      Lady

Common sense tells me that something knee length, flowing, pretty, worn with a belt to accentuate my waist would be appropriate; however, my #1 is my faux red leather tight miniskirt.  As a wise man said, “you wear a skirt that tight, you have no secrets.” 😊

I really like pleated skirts.

Yes, how could I have forgotten pleated skirts!

I love pleated skirts, so cute just the right amount of movement when you walk. I also love the Jean skirt I got from my wife when she cleaned out her closet and asked if I wanted anything.

I like skater skirts and other pleated skirts that have a bit of a flair.

Yes Robyn, I love how they bounce and swing as you walk – instant feedback for improving a feminine gait.

I would have to say A-line or pleated.  Don’t forget skorts, I have a couple and find them to be comfortable to wear and help in keeping things looking nice.  Haven’t tried a wrap skirt but sounds like it would be comfortable as well.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Thanks Suzanne for this. My gym skirts were originally skirts, but I cut the shorts out…did not like the feel, but I get what you are saying 🙂

I’ve been wanting to try to go out in a public place dressed slightly fem, nothing super obvious but enough that I know it and other females would probably notice. Scared of getting noticed by someone I know and being outed! I also have been having this urge to tell someone else other than my SO who already knows that I cross dress, I have only one person in mind that would probably understand me and support it without being judgmental, she’s the person I mentioned in my first post. So tempted but SO SCARED!!!

I suggest to take it easy, small steps, test the water. I also want to ‘go public’, I am slowly building up the courage.
        Let us know how it goes.
        Hugs
        Christine

I tend more towards A-line skirts.  Agree that pencil skirts aren’t a good look for most of us.  Even with hip enhancers it’s difficult to get the right sillouette.

Jennifer, I tend to agree, but it’s such a shame. Just above the knee pencil skirts are simply the best feeling. 🙂

Pencil skirts actually work well for me, but I do have cyclist legs, so that may be different for others.

I think A-line and high wasted styles work well for me because I have relatively short legs.

For me personally, pleated skirts just make me look like a Roman soldier.

On the whole, skirts with better coverage tend to work better for me. I like mini-skirts, but I don’t usually look as good in them.

I think the most important thing is to find what works for your body type. There aren’t any rules about this, what works for one might not work for others. Experiment with different styles until something “clicks.”

Hello Christine
      Pencil skirts work really well for me, I do like fishtail skirts as well they feel lovely and a bit restrictive which I like. However if like some women who have a straight figure an A line skirt can give you a better shape.
      Sarah xx

Dear Sarah, thanks for the advice.  I’ve never tried a fishtail skirt…another on on the shopping list.

Sorry, I’m broad in the gunwales m’self.

I have narrow hips but love the look and feel of a pencil skirt. I am trying to find an outfit with a Plenum top and a pencil skirt. I think that could be a nice look but haven’t found the right outfit yet.

Michelle, happy hunting/shopping for the outfit. I am sure you will look and feel great in it. You look really good in all your public photos, so Im sure the pencil skirt outfit will look fantastic. Post photos when you get the outfit.

Hi Christine,  I usually prefer a short to medium length pencil skirt.  I don’t wear any pads but do tailor all of my clothes to fit me exactly.  As a result wiggle dresses and pencil skirts seem to work very well on my body.  I also prefer a slightly thicker but stretchy material that is very forgiving and doesn’t bunch up or pucker when walking or sitting.  It’s a lot of work but I like the look and think that it’s worth the extra effort.  I like to pair this with a smooth bodysuit, heels, wide belt and a fitted blazer to complete the look.  I hope this helps.  Marg

Dear Marg

thanks for the suggestion, I’ll look out for the ‘slightly thicker but stretchy material’ pencil skirts.  But I see from you public photos that you really have the figure to wear pencil skirts.

hugs

Christine

Oh Christine, you are so kind to say that.  You made my day.  Also, just fyi, the Ronni Nicole brand of dresses and skirts tends to use this thicker but stretchy material.  Good luck,  Marg

I probably wear skirts and tops more than dresses but love all kinds. In summer I am in long cotton skirts with summer tops and costume jewelry. I love the flow and freedom it provides. Other times I have pleated or pencil skirts for more dressy outfitings . I adore the feeling of snugness and restrictive movements in them with heels. I tend to wear one size larger with hip and butt enhancers though to produce the proper figure. The pencil skirt with a nice blouse and jacket is always elegant. I like to give off the impression of a career woman or secretary for blending in

Thanks Deborah

I’m off to buy some new hip/thigh/butt pads..

hugs

Christine

I tend towards skater skirts as they really just add a bit more to the hips. Other than that some pleated skirts. I do also use hip pads whenever I decide to go back to tighter looking skirts.

I’m with you on skater skirts. They really help add some shape to narrower hipped girls and look very cute with some opaque tights

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?