what length of skirt do you wear the most?

if you are like me, then you will love skirts! i just cant get enough of them! this poll is about how long your skirts are that you wear mostly, some prefer short, others prefer longer.

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Longer than knee length
  • Knee length
  • well above the knee (mini skirts)
  • i wear all types
  • i dont wear skirts at all
Viewing 82 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Jessica Scarlett Ray
      Participant
      Registered On: January 20, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 38

Great subject this! My partner says I must dress my age. What does this mean? If your 54 going on 34 I like skirts above the knee which is great but when you sit down things may and do get awkward. Good girls don’t show that much!!

And although I love my athletic legs because I am a dancer I can see her point. I could be attracting the wrong attention. So my new skirt length as to take this into consideration and it must be above the knee.

To be honest because I have only worn trousers for the last 54 years I love wearing skirts and having the freedom to do so is a new experience. Now openly transgender give me the opportunity to buy what I want.

Love to all the girls reading ! Jessica Scarlett.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Laura Lovett
      Participant
      Registered On: March 26, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 116

Since I’ve been going out regularly, I’ve come to love the higher hemline!

I get so many lovely comments about my legs that I now love to show them off a bit.

You won’t tempt me into a micro, but I wore an incredibly short kilt on Burns night, and the reception was tremendous – not a single negative comment or look, just smiles and cries of “I love your outfit!”, and, on a couple of occasions, “Woo! I can see your knickers!”.

I really thought I was being more careful than that, but it was all done in the best possible taste! (Kenny Everett reference).

Love Laura

Olivia Livin
      Participant
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 1269

I did reply once before when the thread first started.

I have and love dresses and skirts in various lengths, micro to floor.

The choice is suited to my mood, compay and the situation.

With the warmer weather hopefully arriving soon I’ll be back into some of my barely there faves.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Bethany Delaney
      Participant
      Registered On: January 15, 2019
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 121

I like mid to lower thigh to knee length the best I got a couple that are below the knee too I wear dresses as much or more too I have long legs too so I don’t really wear miniskirts and I wear boots most often too but sometimes heels or flats my legs are shaved so that’s not a worry but it’s been winter here too so longer is warmer

Jin Crocker
      Participant
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 188

Perfect combination for a stroll about town.

Stephanie Kennedy
      Participant
      Registered On: March 15, 2019
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 381

Hi Fiona. I know i am late for the question but i will answer anyway. When i was a teenager There was no skirt to short as long as you could not see my panties while standing strait.  In my twenties it was just above knee. Wanted to look still cute but a little more conservative. Thirties was just at knee maybe with a short slit in back or side. I went into hiding for most of my forties and fifties. My sixties comming out of male mode fog due to medication for anxiety and depression now i am back. I enjoy the midi length A line skirts.  luv Stephanie

Ellie Hope
      Participant
      Registered On: October 3, 2019
      Replies: 61

I don’t have any skirts yet, but I want some badly!  I’d go a few to maybe more above the knee as I like to show my legs and feel a breeze on my bottom.
      Hugs and Love, Ellie

DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 374

I forgot to post a photo before. This should answer the question…

Kimmie
      Participant
      Registered On: September 27, 2016
      Replies: 143

I love seeing my legs when wearing a dress or skirt, so short is the way to go for me.

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 348

I have all different lengths of skirts and dresses but I will usually not go shorter than mid-thigh any more, unlike when I was younger and wouldn’t go any longer than knee length.  Most are midi’s (knee length for you younger girls), but there are a few mid calf to maxi length in there too.  Most of my mid thigh are the one piece ‘swing’ dresses or nice pleated A-lines.  Those still show off plenty of leg without giving everyone a view of my garter stays or what color panties I have on.  They have to get better acquainted with me to learn that).

In my 20’s and 30’s, I was of the opinion of ‘shorter is better’ and those did help me meet a LOT of new friends.  But those days are no longer as I value quality association over quantity.

PaulaF

Rachel Williams
      Participant
      Registered On: November 3, 2019
      Replies: 85

Fiona

I am very much a dresses person although I did have one skirt in the collection I purged about a year ago. However I do prefer a hemline that is a bit above the knee but have found this difficult to achieve consistently with on line ordering.

Rachel

Alice Underwire
      Participant
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Replies: 1098

Hi Fiona,

I prefer dresses but often wear skirts.  I prefer long skirts.  I do have a few above the knee.

Alice

DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Replies: 374

For most of us, it is harder to find dresses that fit properly due to the differences between male and female anatomy. I do have dresses, but skirts are easier to deal with. I have skirts of all lengths, but my preference is mini to just above the knee. Most of the mini skirts that I have are skorts. That takes a lot of the worry about always sitting “correctly”. I am usually conscious about how I sit, but skorts take some of the anxiety out of it…

Jin Crocker
      Participant
      Registered On: November 15, 2019
      Replies: 188

If you do not flash your panties when picking up a pencil from the floor, it is too long!

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Rachel Williams
      Participant
      Registered On: November 3, 2019
      Replies: 85

Prefer dresses over skirts but for both like it to be a bit above the knee.

Rachel

Amanda Anderson
      Participant
      Registered On: August 18, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 308

Ladies,
      I’ve never worn a skirt! Dresses, yes, but no skirts. Yet.
      I think what would work for me is knee length. I need to be age appropriate and a mini skirt is way too young for me. Long skirts? No way! At any age!

Jessica

Roni Calin
      Participant
      Registered On: August 13, 2019
      Replies: 56

I prefer skirts over dresses too just like Davida Mae said versatile

Paula1
      Participant
      Registered On: October 22, 2015
      Replies: 420

It depends on the the out fit, some short some long some pencil skirts, I just love skirts

Brittney Andrews
      Participant
      Registered On: August 1, 2019
      Replies: 524

I have 4 skirts; 2 black pencil skirts, a lite purple faux suede wrap pencil skirt, and a denim skirt. They’re between 20 and 26 inches long, so they fall either above, right at, or below the knee. I’m always willing to try on various lengths.

Patty Phose
      Participant
      Registered On: May 7, 2016
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 1141

I always go for short dresses or skirts. The longest I like to wear is mid thigh. I do have a few dresses I really like but are just a bit above the knee. Those are my “if I’m going to be out in public for a long time around a lot of people this is what I should wear dresses”.

Other than that, the shorter the better.

Deb Cox
      Participant
      Registered On: July 24, 2019
      Replies: 32

My faves right now are, sexy leather above the knee, a Kylie Cyrus plaid mini, and a business skirt above the knee.  I’m slowly transitioning from sassy to classy, it will take a while, and most likely will go back and forth. I don’t mind letting my thigh highs and Carter peak out a little when playing billiards at the bar. It also distracts the men I play with, so if I really want to win, it helps. :):):)

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Nina Green
      Participant
      Registered On: June 10, 2019
      Replies: 19

I have really long legs. So I would love to show them off in a short skirt! But I havent found the guts to shave my legs yet so no revealing skirts till then 😉

Emily
      Participant
      Registered On: April 30, 2016
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 291

I have all lengths. Absolutely love the look of a skirt and cute top! My fav would have to be maxi skirts. Just love the feel of the material swirling about my feet and legs. Love having to lift it just a bit to walk upstairs. Maxi skirts also show off the glutes nicely. Not to say I don’t wear other lengths, it depends on the occasion. The last few times I’ve been out to drinks and dinner, it has been a maxi skirt and a dressy top.

Thanks, as always, for a great question!

Tammie Swenson
      Participant
      Registered On: October 14, 2016
      Topics: 25
      Replies: 369

Gotta show my curvy legs. Somedays I just look at them and go ‘damn’ I’m sexy. lol

My SOGGF say that I should wear tight miniskirts and tight minidressess more often than I  do for same reasons, i.e. sexy very feminine like legs this when she takes me shopping 4 new dresses and skirts and associated tops  she always makes sure I m wearing My suntan Leggs ACTIVE support pantyhose, sometimes even 2 pairs at once if I have shaved or waxed my legs clean of ugly hair

She loves to see my legs  the more the better she says  eventhough she has many slack outfits, she refuses to let me wear loose fitting slacks, only skin tight spandex slacks or leggings

https://images.crossdresserheaven.com/7mjKzxo-RsH54RL7/w:auto/h:auto/q:75/https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 73

I love wearing skirts, just above the knee is my ideal length. I think I’ve got good legs so that length of skirt shows them off the best. I also like tight skirts, not too tight, as I think I’ve got a nice bum and a tight-ish skirt shows it off.

Rachel Plain
      Participant
      Registered On: July 4, 2016
      Replies: 247

I love longer skirts – knee length and longer.

I do like to show off my legs to, though, so will wear shorter skirts, but nothing too outrageous.

Strangely I prefer my skirts to be longer than my dresses; I’m happy to wear shortish dresses.

K Swim
      Participant
      Registered On: July 8, 2019
      Replies: 552

Tried them….many times. They don’t really hold my interest

Shayla Armstrong
      Participant
      Registered On: May 7, 2017
      Replies: 19

Gotta show my curvy legs. Somedays I just look at them and go ‘damn’ I’m sexy. lol

Tiffany Alexis
      Participant
      Registered On: March 28, 2019
      Topics: 415
      Replies: 1276

I’ve got some of each type but I like them just above the knee as my go to

Chelly Kross
      Participant
      Registered On: April 21, 2019
      Replies: 118

Im definitely a skirt/dress person. I like mine Just above the knee. If I’m feeling flirty, maybe a little shorter

MarthaLouise
      Participant
      Registered On: March 27, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 55

I love skirts – knee length and a little above the knee.

However, I have very attractive legs and have a couple of mini skirts.

I am 76, attractive, attractive legs, have the walk like a woman down pat.

I love to wear my minis every now and then.

Amelia walker
      Participant
      Registered On: January 18, 2019
      Replies: 113

I do love the short skirts and dresses, the problem being I am tart/exhibitionist at heart I suppose. I have a nice outfit planned for my next outing, pleated mini skirt with over the knee socks, not too sure about the top yet.

https://images.crossdresserheaven.com/7mjKzxo-RsH54RL7/w:auto/h:auto/q:75/https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/woman-gray-1.jpgAnonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 560

Not out and about myself but how does

‘just enough length to keep them guessing and looking sound.

Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 560

I prefer minis though only myself and the mirror will ever view this. I suppose private dressers can be as adventurous as they want. Venturing out may refine the look and there may be less leg or even pants. Would love to say dress as you want but we all know that there are people who don’t understand. Hope everybody realises their dreams in a safe environment.

anne-marie
      Participant
      Registered On: August 26, 2018
      Replies: 355

How daring am I? Not as much so asI used to be. In my younger days, I would sometimes wear a micro mini, somtimes bare legs other time with hose, leggings (had a rara skirt, 11″ short which looked great with wet look leggings) or even with exposed suspenders/garters when feeling tarty about the house lol.

These days, whilst I still enjoy a short skirt, I tend not to go shorter than about 18″ but I do love this length of skirt especially when short pencil or bandage style. I tend to wear 21″ knee length and 27″ mid calf skirts mostly these days though with an obg and sheer or opaque stockings. I sometimes role the top to make the length shorter – like the naughty school girls do. It’s kinda fun to make a back kick slit start at ones crotch for that tarty look and feel lol.

I also love to wear long flowey summer skirts. The feel of the air up the skirt and the flowing fluency fabric againsg bare or ultra sheer stockings attaced to an obg is to die for.

As you can probably tell, I love wearing my skirts – wear one at some point every day lol. Length depends on the weather, occassion and my mood. And whilst mainly a modest girl, I can be very daring and naughty.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie

Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 518

AWAYS mini—flippy skirt is favorite—a line, then smart straight white/pink or black………short enough to sit and not reveal, or ride up in the back, and won’t show lace tops on hose—-that’s hard to do, the hose has to come ALL the way to the top of my legs !!!!  ( that’s OK !! )

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Davina Evans
      Participant
      Registered On: March 23, 2019
      Replies: 89

I have just a few skirts and find those just below the knee most comfortable to wear.  However, a couple that I like the most are mermaid shape and have a gentle slit.

Davina

Val’sheril Starsong
      Participant
      Registered On: March 3, 2019
      Replies: 270

Wow, didn’t think long skirts would be so much in the majority!  Definitely my preference; there’s no feeling more feminine and delightful than a full ankle-length skirt swishing against your stockinged legs.  I find they’re really more flattering too, though depending on the day and the mood a knee-length or slightly shorter skirt is acceptable.  Too short and I feel self-conscious and frankly don’t look good.  Tough for a man over 6′ to find maxi skirts that fit like they’re supposed to but frankly worth the effort.

Val’sheril Starsong
        Participant
        Registered On: March 3, 2019
        Replies: 270

Wow, did I really do the “majority/minority” flip?!

BAD Val!  That’s NO!

Tessa Love
      Participant
      Registered On: February 19, 2019
      Replies: 24

Well I love all types of skirts..and love wearing whatever length just depends on the outfit I am wearing and what goes best with it.xoxo

Amy Myers
      Participant
      Registered On: February 11, 2019
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 877

I only have mini skirts, three, and a couple of tops. So, I’m waaay behind many of you here. I have also never ventured out in public, and am thinking that if I ever do, it would be wise to wear a longer one, as I don’t want to attract too much unwanted attention. For around home, I really like the daring look, and am thinking of buying a really short one.

Amy

anne-marie
        Participant

Micro mini. Done that and was an experience never to be forgotten.

Methinks go for it Amy. I’m sure you will enjoy.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

stephanie plumb
      Participant
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 71
      Replies: 631

I voted for miniskirts, but i have different lengths depending on the day.  I don’t often wear short miniskirts because i wear hold ups. Mid thigh length is my favourite.    When out walking in the summer i i often carry either a lightweight knee length flowy skirt, or lightweight skater skirt to change into for the contrast to the a-line skirt i usually wear.

Victoria Egger
      Participant
      Registered On: December 25, 2017
      Replies: 84

I have all different lengths of dresses and skirts. I have a couple of minis that I have to wear control top pantyhose or tights. I have one Bodycon dress that is very very short also.
      I do love my Maxies. In fact, my first adult dress is a Blue knit Maxie and I still where it.

Love,
      Vicki E.

Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 86

I love to wear skirts for several reasons.  My favorite is just at the knee as it looks good and can be conservative.  In addition, I love the feel of a fairly tight skirt as I walk, stand or sit.  Crossing ones legs is also better in skirts that length.  They also show off your lower leg.

I have worn skirts of several materials, but rubber and leather are my favorites.

Susan

anne-marie
        Participant

Skin tight, above the knee leather skirts – love em!

Never tried rubber myself though but I bet you look grest in them.

Take care.

Anne-Marie.

Inactive
          Registered On:
          Replies: 86

Rubber is becoming more acceptable as fashion even by those who don’t consider it a fetish.  Well known designers use it frequently.  When rubber is chlorinated, it slides on like silk and feels wonderful, not clingy.

I recommend that you try it in skirts and blouses.

Sara Marie Franklin (SMF)
      Ambassador
      Registered On: July 27, 2016
      Replies: 360

Above my knees is normal, but just above is about where I would have them. Now I have 5 or 6 that are Mini skirts. If I bend over my thigh high tops show. LOL I love them want to wear them but do not go to clubs that often to wear them. Most of my skirts are meant to go out and look half way passable in normal situations.

Sara Marie

Tanya Dale
      Participant
      Registered On: February 10, 2019
      Replies: 127

Hi Fiona, I fit your prediction. I love skirts and dresses that come just above the knee but not too short. I think that skirts/dresses that length show just enough leg when you sit down! I don’t like long skirts or dresses. Tanya.X

Alice Eliot
      Participant
      Registered On: February 9, 2019
      Replies: 64

When out and about, just above the knee is comfortable. Around the apartment, the shorter the better, especially with tights/stockings. Flared skater skirts are my favourite. I have a reasonably secluded 3rd floor balcony, so when I go out for cigarette (I know, should know better) I love the wind doing naughty things!!

I was in Fuengirola, Spain, recently – sea front hotel, 7th floor. Unless any one had binoculars there was no way anybody could tell I was a CD, I went out to the balcony for a cigarette and the breeze/air-con unit coincided for a serious skirt incident!

I love the Marilyn Monroe moments…………

Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 112

Hi there, I love short skirts and dresses as they show off my best assets ( legs ! ) I probably should wear a longer style but at my age who cares. Sandra xx

Tammie Swenson
        Participant

Thumbs up girl!!!

Tammie Swenson
      Participant

Hi all, im new to this forum!

Im 24 year old chinese CD from China, slim petite and fair skin.

I plan to have a short break and travel to India (delhi)

I plan to wear miniskirt, basically just going to shopping mall, amusement parks, zoo, dining area. No religious area.

I have attached a miniskirt that I love to wear daily, will it be ok for me to wear it over there? any precaution to look after?

http://i67.tinypic.com/8yrhjc.jpg

Nice skirt !

Did u get it online or some local store there in China?

Inactive
      Registered On:
      Replies: 1

Hi all, im new to this forum!

Im 24 year old chinese CD from China, slim petite and fair skin.

I plan to have a short break and travel to India (delhi)

I plan to wear miniskirt, basically just going to shopping mall, amusement parks, zoo, dining area. No religious area.

I have attached a miniskirt that I love to wear daily, will it be ok for me to wear it over there? any precaution to look after?

http://i67.tinypic.com/8yrhjc.jpg

Scarlett398
      Participant
      Registered On: June 29, 2018
      Replies: 331

Hi Girls, it’s Scarlett! Right now when the weather is cold, I wear short skirts – primarily wool skater skirts that are very short, however, I always wear them with opaque tights and cute suede ankle booties or knee high boots that are either suede or leather. So even though the skirts of mine are very short, they are worn very tastefully as seen in my photos.

Thank you for your question and I enjoyed answering the question!

XOXOXO Scarlett

Nicola De Auvergne
      Participant
      Registered On: January 12, 2019
      Replies: 93

Skirts, knee length and longer, love them.  But there’s got to be a slip, full or half, in there somewhere – to feel complete – with whatever blouse, preferably one white or cream.  Nicola’s got her eye on something of Next, in a nearby charity shop, four quid – black, full, knee length, boxed pleat – when that guy, who makes the comments on hosiery, isn’t there; and I haven’t misplace the knotted shoe lace I use to measure such!

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador
      Registered On: May 27, 2018
      Topics: 50
      Replies: 1178

I like just at the knee or slight above but have no problem wearing shorter or longer.  It really depends on how I want to look.  I don’t have any real mini skirts but would love a denim one or leather just for fun.  But to be age appropriate, I would go with at the knee.

Smartina Fonteyn
      Participant
      Registered On: December 14, 2017
      Replies: 26

It’s hot here so minis are good. I’ve waxed my legs so no hose required. Just the other day I was trying various black skirts with a new top and chose one about 2 inches above the knee which felt cute and airy. Really short dresses though, I wear with shorts or leggings. Shape of the skirt is as important as length though, and I love the classic pencil skirt sillouette with big hips and narrow legs.

Bryoni-Kate
      Participant
      Registered On: June 23, 2016
      Replies: 6

I have skirts in a variety of lengths and styles and each has a different kind of appeal; but I have to admit to liking shorter lengths best and so these are the ones I wear most often.

Marie Sweets
      Participant
      Registered On: May 6, 2018
      Replies: 75

I have a ankle length pleated skirt and 4 dresses. One is a floral short sleeve, drop waist dress, couple inches below the knee. It has round neck, buttons from waist up, (do not undo) just for show. It does look good on me, with bra and breast forms, and better with black or tan pantyhose, or knee hi stockings, and a pair of flats. I have only recently purchased the dresses.

Alliesandra Remono
      Participant
      Registered On: December 17, 2018
      Replies: 4

Hehe girl it’s all about showing off that leg!! Give em something to make they’re  eyes check you out from top to bottom!! As long as your conferrable that is! ;p

Marianne Ferrara
      Ambassador
      Registered On: May 17, 2018
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 16

As soon as I was able, I stopped wearing anything with two legs on it (even hosiery).

After that, and because of my job, I always have to wear on or little below the knee, reserving miniskirts for weekends and other gatherings.

It is a matter of how you look and what you want to project, dressing for the woman you want to be. It is a little challenging not to try to go super sexy and experiment with all the styles we weren’t able to do while we were little girls, and not failing in the process. Micro minis don’t go well with walking at night or introducing yourself to others in a social situation.

I have found that the better dressed you are, the better you get treated, even in the early stages where you get “read” much more frequently. And investing in good quality clothes (not designer, but if you can go for it, I know I had) that help you look put together, will also help you to develop a good sense of style.

Sarah Shortskirt
      Participant
      Registered On: January 27, 2019
      Replies: 2

I love mini skirts. They make me feel so attractive and feminine. I think what makes me like them so much is that I have to really make sure my legs look fantastic and sexy, so the tights or stockings come out and make my legs look amazing! I have knee length and maxi skirts that are “pretty” but all my mini skirts are “sexy” which is what I like the most.

Jackie
      Ambassador
      Registered On: February 18, 2016
      Topics: 21

I prefer the short short mini skirts and club skirts. The ones that show most of my hiney and garter belts with straps in plain site. I do have a couple of mid length and a couple of full long skirts for an occasion when it’s a little more formal like a wedding or showing up in court for a speeding ticket haha.  Jackie Wild

Gail Bingyi
      Participant
      Registered On: July 24, 2016
      Replies: 17

Definitely knee length or just above.  I like to think I have nice legs and they are naturally hairless or just about so I like to show then off when I can.  Long skirts because of my weight and size are just too frumpy.  I also have been watching women of my age and the very short skirts don’t look too attractive on a fifty something matron.  hahahahah

Melissa Davis
      Participant
      Registered On: September 4, 2018
      Replies: 54

I’m of retirement age, and my legs are nothing special, which explains my preference for longer skirts. Oh, to be 30 again, or even 50!

Girls of all ages can look attractive and stylish in longer skirts. I have a couple of dresses with high-low hems that move in a sexy way. When I recently returned from a cocktail party in an ankle-length shiny taffeta skirt that complemented my blonde wig, the hotel doorman said, “You look like an angel coming in the night.”

Sa·man·tha
      Ambassador
      Registered On: January 21, 2018
      Topics: 134
      Replies: 1049

Hello Fiona,

I like anything from midi to full length.

The shortest dress I have falls about four count em four inches above my knee.  That’s as short as I feel comfortable with.

Otherwise, most of my other dresses and skirts fall anywhere from just below my knee to right at my ankle.

Donna O Lacey
      Participant
      Registered On: March 28, 2018
      Replies: 7

I have been attracted to all things femme as long as i can remember. It actually started with perfumes and lipstick. As I developed so did my attraction to female clothes etc. First shoes, then a skirt to match the shoes. Then a blouse to complete the look, but it wasn’t long before I needed nylons to hide the hairy legs, then a bra to give the blouse the correct shape. Nail polish and make-up, when possible followed. I now have an entire femme wardrobe and make-up etc but still don’t have the chance to enjoy and give expression to my inner self as much as I would like. Having said all that, I must admit that I find everything femme nice and love to try new looks and feel the difference between the fabric and the style of the skirt or dress. Like our gg girlfriends, I feel I want to try every look. That’s all in private, when I walk the dog in an hour or so I will be wearing a long dress and boots even though my legs are shaved. I think the outfit should suit your body type and the occasion. Xxx Donna

Jennifer Swanson
        Participant
        Registered On: April 20, 2019
        Topics: 39
        Replies: 146

Hi Donna,  I loved your progression because it happened to me in the same way.  First the panties, then skirts, then stockings, shoes, bras and wigs.  Makeup is constantly evolving.  I love it all.

TAMI
      Participant
      Registered On: December 6, 2016
      Replies: 79

Haven’t bought any yet trying to decide if I should buy a skirt first or a dress! I do love wearing my skinny jeans when I go shopping! Any advice I would be happy to her Ladies!

Love you all!!!

Tami♥♥♥

Melissa Davis
        Participant

Tami,

Buy a skirt of a dress first? It depends n your figure. A skirt only has to fit from the waist down. I find that dresses are harder for me to find (and can be hard to get into), but I have several I love.

Good luck.

Melissa

Tammie Swenson
        Participant

I personally prefer spandex skirts and blouses or bodysuit or leotard . I found that I have an easier time dressing in a skirt and a blouse.

Most women’s dresses have back zippers. I have a devil of a time with back zipper dresses or bodysuit/leotard.  The leotards and bodysuits I have are just buttoned at back neck.

If I wear anything with a back zipper I  must 3my SOGGF ZIP MEup 4 the most part.

She has me do same 4 her but she usually has an easilier time get more of the zipper up herself

Jazz Fem
        Participant
        Registered On: December 28, 2018
        Topics: 32
        Replies: 429

Tammi I wear dresses I can’t wear skinny jeans because I have not got any hip pads or butt pads going out of this shape to wear pants at this point how are you wear jeans do you have hips and a butt I know you have a butt but a woman’s butt do tell Jasmine

Anne Preuss
          Participant
          Registered On: December 13, 2018
          Replies: 469

Hi Jasmine,

When I wear my jeans, underneath I wear a pantyshaper that has pockets for hip pads and buttpads.  Wearing the pantyshaper with the pads gives me the hips and butt I need to fill out the jeans.

Anne

Anne Preuss
        Participant

Love my red knee length cocktail dress.  Check out my pics on my profile page. 🙂

Anne

Tammie Swenson
        Participant

Gillian,

Since you like frilly flowing skirts and dresses suggest you get urself some Modern Western Square dancing outfits . There are several styles of such dresses and skirt-blouse outfits. You will have to get the requisite petticoats and pettipants.

Pettipants come in three different lengths:

1) Short “sissy”

2) mid thigh length (most common)

3) knee length

Search online.

Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 156

As the first skirt I wore was a midi length, that style remains my favourite. I’ve tried knee length, not bad… And mini skirts and dresses too. Long and flowing is still my choice.

Inactive
      Registered On:

I do love mini dresses and skirts as they show off my legs well ( I am too old really ! ) but recently I have discovered pleated midi skirts. They fall beautifully and gently swish against your legs as you walk and always retain their pleats after wearing.

Melissa Davis
        Participant

Sandra,

Yes, pleated below-the-knee skirts are flattering, suggesting that your hips are fuller than they really are, even with pads.

I would say that such skirts aren’t necessarily a mark of an older woman. I have bought a few at Uniqlo, which aims at young customers.

Melissa

Stephanie Aston
      Participant
      Registered On: May 31, 2018
      Replies: 17

I prefer dresses but have a couple of skirts, one is above the knee the other is below and both are pencil skirts as I love the fit and the way they show off my hips.  However, I have just brought myself a lovely midi skirt and my first pair of boots which I plan to wear with a cosy angora knit jumper as soon as I have a chance (will post a photo when I do)

Donni
      Participant
      Registered On: December 17, 2018

I think I like them short and tight the best. My wife likes to see me in just above knee length and kind of pleated and ‘flouncy’.

Tammie Swenson
        Participant

I prefer any type just a little bit above the knee or just aat knee, but my SOGGF preferres to see me  in either a Tight pencil skirt at knee length or same at ANKLES.

We are modern western Square dancers, so when we have a square dance club dance to attend then I have to wear either a square dance dress, or a square dance blouse and full skirt both with (60 yard or more) petticoat and required mid thigh frilly pettipants. SQUARE DANCING skirts or dresses usually knee length (22, 23, 24, 25 inches long from waist depending upon your height).

Sometimes SOGGF decides she wants me to wear a mesh (PANTIHOSE like) bodysuit rather than a typical solid color Square Dance blouse.

I’ve I have a few miniskirts but usually just wear one of them only if SOGGF decides she wants us to go to a downtown nightclub, one of which has  50% discount COVER charget after 11pm 4 women that wear miniskirts or minidressess OR NO COVER CHARGE if wearing a SPANDEX MICROSKIRT &  fishnet hose. Otherwise its cover charge is $25/couple or $15 person.

Dawn Jones
      Participant
      Registered On: January 24, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 90

I lime my skirts just above my knee or a little higher.

Rozalyne Richards
      Participant
      Registered On: March 10, 2018
      Replies: 187

I like to wear skirts from just below the knee to mini skirts I’m not fond of maxi or midi skirts  i like to show a bit of leg especially in a nice pair of stocking’s x

Bobbi
      Participant
      Registered On: September 13, 2018
      Topics: 23
      Replies: 1321

It depends on what I’m doing, & who I’m doing it with.
      If I’m going to church, I’ll wear it at or below the knees, heels not to exceed 3″
      If I’m in an “office setting” I’ll wear it at, or slightly above the knees, with heels NOT to exceed 3″.
      If I’m playing a gig, or going to watch someone else play, The shorter, the better, with heels as high as I can stand them. (I always carry flats in a bag!)

Gillian Blackwood
      Participant
      Registered On: December 22, 2018
      Replies: 41

i don’t wear skirts, because i really don’t have much opportunity to wear anything feminine – BUT if i did, i would happily wear any and all lengths/kinds. i love a nice pencil skirt, slightly high waisted, form-fitting – especially if it stays rather tight below the knee. And big, flowy skirts just look so feminine and pretty, how could i resist? Minis would be fun too – i’ve never been exactly shy, so flashing a bit of thigh wouldn’t phase me much, especially if i’m already going to be seen dressed – why not go all out? Be the girl everyone is envious of, right?

Alanna Crossdresser
      Participant
      Registered On: June 20, 2017
      Replies: 4

I love wearing a skirt period, but I want form fitting. To me there is nothing sexier than walking around feeling the restriction of the skirt, as well as seeing the welts of garter straps. 😉

anne-marie
        Participant

Alanna, your a girl of my own heart.

Nothing quite like the resistance of a nice tight skirt and being able to see and feel suspender bumps through the skirt.

Ultra sexy, massively femme.

Love it!

Anne-Marie.

Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 27
      Replies: 935

Just above the knee for me, but I do like both minis and longer, swishy skirts.

I prefer dresses, as I have no hips, but an a-line or flared skirt gives a nice shape. I just don’t venture out in public in the wind like that, lol!

Learned my lesson the first time I went to my back therapist (who accepts me as Laura). It was the hot summer of last year, and I wore my tiniest white floral summer dress, made of the lightest polyester and only just thigh length, with a really nice fit and flare style.

I got out of the car and the wind decided that the world should see my white, silky underwear.

I don’t think anyone actually saw, as I was quick to act and smooth the skirt back down from the waist position it seemed to want to occupy, but I quickly realised that exhibitionism isn’t for me, as, even though I was prepared for that unavoidable occasion with pretty underwear, I  was somehow horrified that someone might see, and I was really careful to hold the hem going back to the car after my session.

Knee length minimum for me in public – unless it’s some kind of occasion.

Love Laura.

Fiona-Ann Moss
      Participant
      Registered On: October 7, 2018
      Topics: 366
      Replies: 1203

Hi Girls, i’m going to put my pennys worth in. I like short skirts, well above the knee (well I would, wouldn’t I?) lol. The longest skirt I own is knee length, so my answer is mini skirts! way to go…..

Fee xxx

sarasue olson
      Participant
      Registered On: October 7, 2018
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 130

Like A lot of us skirt lengths depend on the mood or occasion or for that matter the weather. I look forward to fall and winter to wear my wool Pendleton plaid skirts with A matching blazer, or A bulky angora sweater. Summertime out come shorter skirts and skorts and tank tops.

Olivia Livin
      Participant
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Topics: 26
      Replies: 1269

It depends on the situation, but I like them all. I’m of Scoottish descent so I guess its hereditary to like ringing the open air bells sometimes. Definately short and flirty around the house, I enjoy having bright or contrasting panties under them as well to help draw a little attention when I’m feeling naughty.

Kay Smith
      Participant
      Replies: 28

Just below the knee is my preference. At knee or just above. I thought there was jus skirts. I had no idea how much there was to types, cuts, lengths, materials. They’re so versatile which for me is an exciting revelation; With one skirt I can try on multiple shoes and or multiple tops and blouses. I prefer skirts to dresses. (Giggle, I luv it all)

You can say that again girlfriend

Mona
      Participant
      Registered On: December 18, 2018
      Replies: 47

Whenever I’m looking to flirt

I’ll opt for a very short skirt

It’s oh-so-revealing

But I love the feeling

Of being a girl who is pert

Alice Eliot
        Participant
        Registered On: February 9, 2019

Ha ha! I’m memorising that limerick.

Anne Preuss
        Participant

Mona,

The spirit of Emily Dickinson must have taken over you.  🙂

Anne

Karen Thomas
      Participant
      Registered On: September 25, 2017
      Replies: 3

Love all lengths of skirts but I do like to show my legs off. Length depending on the mood I in.

Anne Preuss
      Participant

I have one dress and one skirt.   I wish I could get more dresses and skirts.  I so envy women and the amazing variety of styles they have to choose.   I have a red cocktail dress that you see in my pictures.  I just adore it, the classic style, the way it ends at the knee.   My skirt is just below the knee and depending on mood, I can pull the skirt up above my knee when I’m sitting if I’m feeling flirty.

Charlene Lyndsay
      Participant
      Registered On: December 24, 2018
      Replies: 12

For me it doesn’t matter so much as long as it shows plenty of leg. I love them all, I love feeling nothing between my legs but air. And I don’t want them to get lonely , not separated by them old male pants. I enjoy looking down and seeing my hose covered legs.

Davida Mae
      Participant
      Registered On: January 14, 2019
      Replies: 196

Just below the knee is my preference. At knee or just above. I thought there was jus skirts. I had no idea how much there was to types, cuts, lengths, materials. They’re so versatile which for me is an exciting revelation; With one skirt I can try on multiple shoes and or multiple tops and blouses. I prefer skirts to dresses. (Giggle, I luv it all)

Melissa Davis
      Participant

Roxanne,

With a pleated midi you probably want a top with a simple shape, for example a turtleneck, a shirt with a collar, something that more or less follows the shape of your torso. with your upper body.

A pleated midi looks great with tall boots.

Melissa

Inactive
      Registered On:

You should do Roxanne they feel so lovely to wear against your legs.

Viewing 82 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account