Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I was headed back to my car and a man was approaching me.  He stopped me and asked if he could compliment me.  I thought, “Wow, a true gentleman.” He made a nice comment about my outfit – a truly wonderful “Sunday Go To Meeting” dress – and then asked if he could ask me a question. I thought, “WOW, a VERY nice gentleman.”  He then asked if I was a cross dresser ———- hmmm.

I said yes and before I could follow up on the question, he told me he also is a cross dresser.  Well now, that opened up a wonderful conversation.  We shared experiences and make up tips.  And I got to ask the question that has always plagued my ever active mind/imagination, “What gave me away?”  He told me that as he was watching me (well, maybe not the BEST gentleman {lol}) he thought I presented well – my walk, my bearing, my mannerisms.  But he said my make up is what did it. I must confess, many cis women don’t have to cover the 3:00 shadow that I can have.  We talked about the “air brush” make up that he uses, and I am ready to try it.

Anyway, it was a fantastic uplift.

Becka
      Lady

Wow! How lucky! I need to visit my local walmart!!!
      LOL

WOW Julie that is so wonderful

Anonymous

Julie, how wonderful! Plus, maybe you have a new girlfriend that you can go out shopping with!

Hugs,

Holly

Anonymous
      Lady

Thanks for sharing Julie. I’m so happy for you getting a compliment and advice on your outfit too. This is so great to hear when we have had posts asking what would we do if we saw a CD out in public. This shows we can compliment someone and have a great conversation and probably make a new friend too. So if any of you see another CD in public then give them a compliment… I would.

Julie; even though you got “clocked”, it was by a “secretive” sister and a polite/respectful one at that. IMO, the situation turned into the best case senerio. Thank you for sharing the story.

I’m so glad you had a happy outcome. Be safe out there.

Terri
      Duchess

Julie, thank you for posting your story. I love going shopping as my femme self. I have been going out dressed since the 80s. Needless to say things were different back then. When I go out now I really dont care if I get read. My biggest fear is bumping into someone I know. It happened once years ago in a department store, but she didn’t recognize me. Life is short, live it.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

How cool is that!  Perhaps a new friend?

I’ve wanted to try air-brush since I saw what it can do.  Amazing stuff.

Julie,

He was definitely a gentleman and a great example of how we can approach what we believe is another cross dresser in public when we’re in drab. It sounds like a wonderful interaction with a caring and considerate man and fellow cross dresser. I’m so happy for you that it was a good experience. Stories like this give me courage and hope, so thank you for sharing.

Hugs, Jill

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Julie,

That is a very interesting story indeed. Thanks for telling us about it.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I often thought of what I would do if I noticed another dresser in public. First of all I never have, or if I have, I didn’t realize they were a CD.

I guess if I was pretty sure, I would like to compliment them on their look, clothes or appearance. If I was en femme, would I handle it the same way as if I was in guy mode.

I would like to acknowledge them but don’t know who I would got about it. But I thought the compliment would be the way to start and take it from there.

Julie –

What a wonderful experience for you.  I hope you made a new friend.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?