- March 8, 2021 at 8:46 pm #459683Octavia LongParticipantRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 33Replies: 78Has thanked: 529 timesBeen thanked: 588 times
I don’t know how you all feel but I am ready for spring. It has been 60 degrees plus the last few days. I know that in Nebraska it is not spring and we are predicted to get snow Wednesday through Sunday.
I need a green house. I really want to be in a garden now and this fake spring makes it worse.
- March 9, 2021 at 10:35 pm #460158Jennifer LynnLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 234Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 1238 times
It’s been in the 60’s the past couple of days and the snow is melting away fast. I realize it’s only temporary here in Minnesota and we still have some more colder weather and most likely more snow. But it has been delightful to be able to go out wearing a couple spring dresses and enjoy it while I can rather than all bundled up in winter attire.
- March 9, 2021 at 9:44 pm #460152GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 1045Has thanked: 9067 timesBeen thanked: 4301 times
- March 9, 2021 at 8:51 pm #460145Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 668Has thanked: 1837 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
I’m having mixed feelings about Spring. I’m just a stone’s throw from Nebraska so I have the same weather as you. Winter has been enjoyable because I have more dark hours that I don’t have to change into drab to go outside for a cigarette. I can tolerate temps in the 20’s and upper teens in a mini skirt with a heavy coat. It’s been nice getting outside and not freezing but it’s also staying lighter longer. And now we have the time change coming soon which will add more daylight. At the same time, I am also excited to get out publicly with the warmer temperatures. Lots of pros and cons for me. I can’t decide if I am happy for Spring or not.
- March 9, 2021 at 4:35 pm #460058
- March 9, 2021 at 2:10 am #459721Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 28Replies: 788Has thanked: 7787 timesBeen thanked: 3465 times
Im jealous of those who have flowers and warmth, I still have 3 feet plus snow on the lawn, and another month of winter, but!! it has been above freezing this week and is supposed to be near 50 degrees, 10 celsius, this week.
A beautiful break
- March 9, 2021 at 12:25 am #459704Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 52Replies: 1098Has thanked: 3815 timesBeen thanked: 5682 times
Good morning Octavia..
( if its not, save this greeting for when it is…haha)
Nice to see your post!!!
In my little part of the world….the last three or four days have started frosty, but developed into lovely sunny but cold days.
We have swathes of yellow daffodils along the roadsides…and the trees are starting to bud…..i love this time of year as mother nature starts to awaken from her winter slumber….
and another great excuse to wear my new yellow outfit…..
Happy spring xxx.
- March 9, 2021 at 12:46 am #459707LisaTLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 41Replies: 472Has thanked: 357 timesBeen thanked: 2103 times
- March 9, 2021 at 12:20 am #459702Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 876Has thanked: 1231 timesBeen thanked: 2905 times
- March 9, 2021 at 1:10 am #459712Diana MorganLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 574Has thanked: 4199 timesBeen thanked: 1766 times
- March 9, 2021 at 12:43 am #459706LadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 41Replies: 472Has thanked: 357 timesBeen thanked: 2103 times
Thank you Polly for not rubbing our noses in the joys of summer when at least half of us are mourning her absence. You are a lucky girl and could no doubt eulogise on the joys of a summer barbecue in floaty flowery dresses sipping Cloudy Bay sauvingnon blanc from your best crystal. But you resisted the temptation. I couldn’t lol.
- March 9, 2021 at 1:44 am #459717
- March 8, 2021 at 11:47 pm #459694LadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 41Replies: 472Has thanked: 357 timesBeen thanked: 2103 times
We have just had a period of late winter sun. It’s been 3C to 6C. I love cold clear crisp winter days, to be honest even more than summer. In winter I can put on an extra layer and be fine in summer there are days when I cannot escape the heat and there are only so many clothes I can take off. The forest isn’t so closed and I can see the views through the trees. The green is muted but remains with silver birches clad in green lichens giving a silvery grey in the sunlight and turning to glittering fairy land in hard winter frosts.
it all changed yesterday and the cold grey wet clouds rolled in from the Atlantic. Everything is somber and wet and the log fire is a welcome psychological warmth. The rivers are coming alive again though and white views are appearing in the hillside and the local burns are rising and coming alive.
flowers are budding and a few brave souls are flowering early risking the almost certain early spring frosts. I saw my first primroses of the year in a sheltered gully on the hillside recently. A small patch of bright yellow against the still faded hillside.
Ptarmigan are wandering the mountain tops. The silly birds wander from patches of snow across the grey rocks still in their white winter plumage. They stand still as I approach confident their camouflage is perfect while it highlights them against the rocky hill. My dogs who hate the crows and buzzards who fly over the garden stand and watch. They seem to understand that the peace of the mountain isn’t to be disturbed. We move on.
Spring is close and with it will come renewal. Bright green shoots and new leaves to the trees. Flowers to the garden in a profusion of colour. I won’t mourn the cold winter day or long winter nights. Spring will be welcome with a promise of renewal and growth I’m so looking forward to 2021.
- March 8, 2021 at 11:00 pm #459693Rachel HayesLadyRegistered On: January 20, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 128Has thanked: 532 timesBeen thanked: 646 times
I’m so ready for spring!
Never mind the whole new selection of clothing available, I just want to enjoy some sun, vague warmth and more daylight hours.
Yesterday, it never reached above 3C (36F ish) and I had to go chat to a neighbour (about a joint rodent issue) and it lasted a little longer than I had anticipated. I was in pain from the cold.
Weather man has promised better next week. I’m holding him to it *giggles*
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.