Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Well girls I did it again, another step out!! I had today off from work and had another day out shopping as Cassie. Close to the end of my shopping I was at my local mall and stopped at the local Torrid and braved myself to ask the question that came to my mind –once again after reading another post here at CDH about getting a job while crossdressed (thanks Samantha Lineham). The sales person who happened to be the manager told me that if I wanted a job, even if it were only 3 hours a week to start, that I would likely be able to get it. I did not tell her flat out that I was a CD, but I think she knew. She couldn’t tell me to my face that she wouldn’t hire me because I am CD, I told her that might bring up potential lawsuits, but I also said that I wouldn’t want to be hired and scare away customers because of my CD, because I really like this store. She came back and told me that I would likely bring in more business than I might scare away (other CD’s??).
      Now I am really thinking about it –maybe through the Christmas season???

. Cassie

Now that would be an adventure wouldn’t it?

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Yes it would. I is funny that I no longer feel extreamly scared or embarrassed to try these things!!

Angela Booth
      Hostess

You shouldn’t be scared Cassie, go for it and dip your toes in the water for a few hours a week and if you get on, enjoy it, they like you then go for more hours. You’ll regret it if you don’t. oh and are there staff perks like discounts??

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Oh yes, Angela. As I was talking with the manager, she said there were discounts, including the online only merch. This job would not be for the money –I would likely spend it all on clothes, but to be out as Cassie and get more life experience for me as her!!!

. Cassie

Hi Cassie,

If you have retail experience you have a great chance to be accepted for a position.  Retail can be hard work being on your feet all through the shift and maintaining a positive frame of mind.  Many customers can be quite difficult.  And your paycheck may quickly be spent as you’ll find some wonderful items you absolutely need.

Good luck Cassie  if you decide to interview.

Alice

Dawn Judson
      Ambassador

Go for it, girl!

Hi Cassie congrats girlfriend and go for it a oppurtunity of a girls life what a dream come true have fun girl..

Stephanie

Anonymous

Cassie,

getting a job at Torrid sounds like fun.  The discounts would help your budget.  If I were to do it I would be worried about my beard.  A close shave only lasts me 3or 4 hours. If I worked only 4 hours at a time, I might getaway with it.

Twilla Thompson
      Baroness - Annual

As a general rule, is Torrid more CD friendly than Lane Bryant?

Toodles!

That sounds exciting and I really hope you get to land that job – even if only through the Christmas season.

I have a similar ambition, namely to work in a nail salon en femme.

Unfortunately, I have yet to complete the manicure/pedicure course; the lockdowns delayed my enrolling in the course – for which the lady in charge of the school had already accepted me (before the financial decline started).

Once I have recovered financially (and gotten through the next 2 – 3 months of a hectic work schedule), I will again register for the course.
      Although I am unlikely to make a career out of it and work fulltime in the industry, I will at least have to complete a portfolio, which involves around 100 practical hours giving manicures and pedicures in a professionally equipped salon – and this I plan to do as “Katherine”.

Hugs,
      Katherine

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Gosh, Katherine, I hope that works for you. Love your name, Katherine is my daughter’s middle name.

Cassie

Thank you, Cassie.
          My maternal grandmother was Katherine (with a “K”) and it is relatively close to my given male name (which I shall not reveal here).
          I have a little bit of German ancestry, hence I prefer this spelling (btw, a British nephew is married to a Catherine (with a “C”)!
          As a postgrad student in Germany in the late 1980’s, I also had a brief romantic liaison with a beautiful young German lady called Katherine.
          [Not only did I enjoy being with her – at many levels – I enjoyed imagining BEING her]! (lol)

Love,
          Katherine

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I think it would be fun. What could be wrong with more time being out as Cassie. Get a lot more of practice walking in those shoes that you love. Being around women’s clothes and talking with other girls several more hours a week.

What more could you ask for ?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?