Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author

Tides

written by: choloepus

It is high tide. The ocean is at its highest and most beautiful. Sitting on the beach, I can’t help but marvel at the immensity of this beast. It has stories to tell. Tales of love, fear and death. It has the power to tear down the shoreline, and sink the indestructible. Yet all is calm, beautiful…inviting. What draws the intrepid to pursue this adventure? Ridding their lives with fearless devotion, thinking…believing they can master nature?

Life teaches us many truths. For all that is mighty and destructive…and beautiful also contains secrets. Hidden, under the waves, is a majestic littoral world filled with brilliance and vivacity. Life tries to survive every beat, every push of this powerful master that controls their destiny. Survival is dependant on tenacity, strength… chance, and fate. This battle is malicious, unnerving…incessant, and yet, you won’t see it, because you’re sitting on a beach!

Low tide brings out the truth. Pieces of coral, shells…creatures once thriving among the sea, now a simple trinket, easily picked up by the innocence of youth. The wet sand like a battlefield of old, filled with the latest victims of this onslaught. Devastating…Empty. But, if you look closely, you will observe life, creeping up the shoreline, taking a stance, and almost taunting the waves to unleash their fury once more. For as mighty as the depths can be, it will never extinguish all that there is to live for. Life will prevail.

Beaten, frail…I reminisce once more about how life has beaten down on me. I have felt its fury, suffered through the waves and yet I am still here, tempting fate once more. My youth is passed, and I’m at the twilight of my years, but strong is my devotion and will. There is still one more dance left in me, and I invite her to take me in. I step down from my vantage point, feeling the wet sand caressing my feet, waking my senses. The first hit of salty foam is but a tease of what is to come. I keep walking this maritime path anxious and excited…for I have chosen to face this assault once more. Face the thrashing beat of life’s worst moments. Face death…the end of what I have known and loved. Face the fears and the doubts, so I can live again to watch the tide slowly coming in.

Gisela Claudine
      Duchess - Annual

Very lyrical poetic prose. I like it!

Gisela

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Poet’s Corner’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?