Tagged: 

• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Today I finally took a big step for me. Some background, I have been crossdressing on a budget, which isnt the easiest thing to do in some areas. One of those being a good wig. For years I have been just getting my wigs for $25 from Party City. The newer they were the more realistic they looked. As realistic as synthetic hair could be. But the hairlines were never believable and after a while the hairs would get super tangled and it was impossible to get ponytail holders out. It would start to leave bald spots if you tried to brush them resulting in me never able to go out without a hat at least which doesnt work too well all the time.

But recently I saw that crossdress.com was running a deal for 5 Assorted Wigs for $50. The description reads 5 first quality wigs that can be styled at different lengths and colors. The deal was too good to pass up so I placed an order! Now I will have different hair styles with realistic looking and feeling hair.

Be on the lookout for an article where I post pictures when they come in!

Anonymous

Chloe…

That sounds amazing if you are happy with them…

good, realistic hair is a must, not only if you go out and about, but even if you stay indoors. If you look good, you feel good….which is so important….

Well done,

grace x

Anonymous

Congratulations on your new hair, i must say its one of my biggest gripes id do anything for my own long hair to brush and style but its a no no and the the price of high quality wigs is well out of my budget but one day ill have one. I bet you will look amazing in them and feel stunning to looking forward to the pics layla x

Chloe…

Whether a crossdresser or transitioning fully there are a huge range of options but apart from breast augmentation and SRS (of various sorts), one cannot grow a head of hair… if you are one of those former men who has male pattern baldness!
      One can get by with cheaper breast forms and gaffs etc., but a decent, no a fantastic wig is paramount for feeling passable!
      I fully understand your angst over cheap wigs as I have been there myself. My latest, a pixie cut cost $50US but I can really feel the difference.
      Spend the money on what’s important… and what could be more important?

Love Polly

Congrats on your new purchase !

I too went thru a phase where I had to buy stuff for Wendy on a shoestring budget.  Wigs was one of those items, and I bought wigs that were costume wigs for around $10 – 15.

Like your experience, they were ok, but didn’t look realistic and tangled incredibly easily, but overall did the job in a pinch.

Overtime, I increased the budget to $80 then to around $250, and I wear the wigs I bought for $250 all the time.  I only use the costume wigs if I am doing something that may impact the integrity of the good quality wigs, like cooking.

Anonymous

A fantastic wig is on my wish list, I just know I am going to have to part with a lot of money, but every time people say it’s the best thing you can get. Real hair with lace front supposedly is the one to go for, these are generally around £280, really not cheap, but if these are done well, a lot of work goes into them, so you pay for the quality through and through. I have 4 synthetic wigs, and as much as they are great fun and suit what I want from them… they probably are not a match for the higher quality ones

Eona Oh
      Lady

Pictures please! Congrats hon. ❤️

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Chloe, I started out with cheap wigs – cheap price meant cheap quality.  I donated all of them to a local charity thrift shop.

I moved on to two good quality wigs.  One was purchased at a store for crossdressers/trans for around $200 (just over 10 years ago).  The other wig, and this is something to consider, was purchased from a beauty salon.  Some beauty salons use good quality wigs for training new salon staff.  And sometimes they are willing to sell those wigs for very discounted prices.  I got a beautiful mid-length auburn wig for $25 (this would have been over 15 years ago).

Finally, all my wigs are in storage.  I haven’t had a haircut since I retired four years ago.  And my hair has grown past my bra strap.  It is just so wonderful having real hair and not having to worry about wigs.  and of course the color match to my skin tone is perfect (albeit there is a bunch of gray in it now).

Have a wonderful rest of the week, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Just so you ladies know, the wigs did come in and the article is currently being edited!

Anonymous

I just looked and its still there. Its on the homepage under “New Crossdressing Styles”.

Anonymous

It’s cross-dress.com, with a hyphen. Probably should have mentioned that up front. Oops! 😂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?