Tagged: 

Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi

@billiejay
      started a discussion about girls enhancing the pictures they post on the site, I wondered how do people feel about girls not altering their own image but their background? I don’t usually like this in zoom calls etc., but it does provide some anonymity and prevents friends and family asking why that girl is standing in your house.

Just curious

Jen

Anonymous

Hi Jen ….(hope you’re well.)

You will probably get some similar  arguments and opinions as Billiejays post…except this is probably going to be more to do with privacy.

some girls want anonymity, others don’t mind. The majority of my pics are in my flat, I really don’t care about hiding it….but other girls will not want their house, garden etc to be recognised….I totally understand, their needs too !!!

Grace x

IsabelB
      Lady

Can’t answer this one as I don’t care – it’s personal choice – some want to, some don’t – and who am I to say what they feel is appropriate for their image is right or wrong?

So my answer is ‘Either’, or would be…
      Who is interested in the background anyway?  Only matters if it’s part of the ‘story’ the picture is trying to tell.

Just my tuppence-worth.

Isabel x

PS. I always use a background in Zoom or Teams which I change regularly (but always my own image); I don’t particularly want to share my home with work colleagues.  With family and friends, sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t!

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Jennifer, like others, my vote is either.  I’ve done both on Zoom.  All my photos that I’ve posted here in my private and the public gallery have unaltered backgrounds.  It really is up to the person posting their photo.  Take care, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Well it’s about privacy, and the level you require. Especially in Zoom etc. Private photos of family or sensitive information are important to most not to reveal. But the background is not relevant really for what it is. Personal choices again to what you are happy with. 

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

some of them are amusing, and not intended to confuse people… such as someone on the moon or in space…
      however, putting something in there to make people think you were, for instance, in London or Paris, that can be different.
      I don’t know that I can make an end-all, be-all call on this one, myself…
      I think being posed in front of a Lamborghini instead of a Ford Focus might be confusing…

Anonymous

This is completely about privacy and nothing else. I know for some of us this is paramount and could have dire consequences if they are discovered so they obscure or change their background to be on the safe side. Not everyone is blessed with the ability to be as free as they want. We take a big chance just posting a photo to start with but like you want to be able to express themselves and get some feedback on their look. It would be nice if we all lived in a perfect world where we could do whatever we wanted and dressed as we pleased, but a lot of us don’t. We join communities like this for support and a safe place to express ourselves. I also know that some people are changing their background because of the pandemic and are placing themselves in places they wish they were at right now but can’t. If someone is changing their look or background just to be shady or dishonest then shame on them. Ok I will get off my soap box now.

Holly

Anonymous

Jennifer,

Some people do both. And again, personally, as long as they are not pretending that “Yes, that is my house/office/castle/car/etc) I don’t have any problem with that. I mean, it is really easy to spot that it is a fake background anyway…

Gabriela

Whatever floats your boat.

My background is a photo I took of the lane I live in, when it snowed a month or so back.

It needs updating, but it’s not touched up – believe it or not, I didn’t even change it to monochrome – it’s colour, with whatever default filters a Samsung S9 uses – it’s as real as a digital image can be – but why does it need to be real? Fantasy is fun. I’m just completing the cycle of reading all Terry Pratchett’s books from first to last – and there are 60 or so.

I’m a bit tired of the “real vs fake” appendage waving – although I agree that the sinister side of pretending to be something you’re not in order to gain an unfair advantage is not cricket, as we say in Blighty.

Nevertheless, I always laugh when someone pops up in a Teams meeting who seems to be relaxing in the Bahamas…

Love Laura

I’ve posted pictures of me all dressed up, always  in my house, one or two were looking out my back window, and I suppose a really diligent Google image search just might return the location… but i really don’t have any cares to give anymore about that. My security clearance will be due for checks again in another year or two, and I’ll probably have to disclose all this anyways, so… whatever. I can’t be fired for being trans… corporate policy.

But I totally get that many, if not most, can’t do that. You want to use a background different than your home, hey, it’s your picture, and your life, do what you want.

Where I work, all cameras are disabled on company devises, so all meetings are audio only.  We can’t go to church, and haven’t been for a long time now, so church is on zoom. That’s my only zoom activity, and sometimes, we like to use a background of one of the German Lutheran cathedrals or churches. Makes it at least feel like we’re in church. I could use our own church image, but someone might get mad and ask why I’m allowed there and they’re not… so I’ll use one I obviously can’t be in. No big deal, as far as I’m concerned. It might be cool to have the inside of the Louvre as a background. I have been there, but I’d say it’s pretty clear it wasn’t recent or current.

What’s the big deal, anyways? I ought to use the bridge of the starship Enterprise, after all, I served on the real Enterprise. 

Bridgette

I will have to post some pictures with exotic backgrounds when I work out how to

love

Jen

I think using what ever back drop you want is fine. If you’re not comfortable showing what is behind you, or you want more privacy; I totally get it. Now with that said I really dislike the fake profile pictures! GRRR

-SR-

Yeah, that would rock! I’d have to get one though… or a pattern for my wife to make one. Hmm…

Bridgette

You just gave me a great idea!

LT Bridgette von Smirff, Starfleet

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?