- January 15, 2022 at 9:23 am #612118Lauren BParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 35Has thanked: 35 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
What are some things you do in day to day life to feel more feminine when you can’t dress?
Total of 26 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 22, 2022 at 4:25 pm #614375Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 20Replies: 367Has thanked: 249 timesBeen thanked: 1918 times
One thing I do is a light spray of my favorite perfume. I really love the smell of Shalimar and use it frequently. I have gotten quite a few compliments on the fragrance when dressed in guy mode.
- January 22, 2022 at 4:01 pm #614374Lauren MugnaiaDuchessRegistered On: November 1, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 112Has thanked: 1213 timesBeen thanked: 637 times
Hi Lauren B, this is the other Lauren 😉 I love this topic. My toenails are always painted, I’ve been letting my nails grow to a length that is definitely feminine but so far nobody has said anythiing, I wear panties and tights or pantyhose everyday and walking like a girl is almost becoming 2nd nature along with feminine gestures and practicing my girl voice to keep it up where is needs to be. I also tuck everyday but that is rather easy as I don’t have much to tuck. I found a Youtube web page by a lady named Cynthia L, it is all about how to be as feminine as you can. it is aimed at ciswomen but there’s a lot she talks about that we can all learn from, I’ve spent quite a number of hours on her site and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Here is the link:
- January 22, 2022 at 3:17 pm #614366Sally ZarcaeLadyRegistered On: July 23, 2021Topics: 11Replies: 155Has thanked: 331 timesBeen thanked: 552 times
- January 22, 2022 at 2:55 pm #614359JayneLadyRegistered On: June 24, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 23Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 130 times
This is an interesting question and one I’ve been thinking about. For some, it seems like dressing is just that – dressing. For them, it’s all about the clothes and accoutrements.
For others, though dressing also entails being more feminine – for transgendered certainly, but also for some who are not that. It’s not easy, though, when you’ve been marinating in masculinity for 65 years.
For me, I’ve been taking on more of the cooking duties, and cleaning up the kitchen, and I’ve been doing most of the clothes-folding, and some other light cleaning chores. I’ve also modified some of my TV and reading habits, choosing shows and books that are usually thought of as “for chicks”: “Emily in Paris” for example, and reading “The Danish Girl.” I’m not sure how much difference its making, but it’s a recent effort so we’ll see.
On a more practical level, I’ve been more conscious of my posture, and my movements — when bending to pick something up, for example, knees together instead of wide apart.
I hope that’s helpful, and I’m looking forward to reading lots of other people’s comments on this topic!
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Jayne.
- January 22, 2022 at 10:37 am #614302Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 42Replies: 436Has thanked: 583 timesBeen thanked: 1949 times
Besides underdress I do also wear things that are tagged “women” but works as well for male. My winter jacket closes right over left. To keep warm I wear tights under my pants and I even (recently when it hit -26c) did wear tights, skinny jeans and then male cargo pants when out and about.
I wear a handbag and womens gloves (since operating things like camera buttons is easier with tight gloves than with floppy male gloves).
I have long hair and when out shopping I of course have to wear a mask so then it’s often I’m addressed as “ma’am” even when in drab (guess that hints on how common it is that women crossdress), something I don’t mind at all 🙂
- January 18, 2022 at 11:07 am #613182Jess SecretLadyRegistered On: February 18, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 367Has thanked: 965 timesBeen thanked: 1601 times
- January 18, 2022 at 9:58 am #613168Brielle RossDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 409Has thanked: 2061 timesBeen thanked: 1811 times
I shave and do IPL (pulsed light) for hair removal, wear ridge filler or clear polish on my nails, and sometimes I’ve tucked even in guy-undies just to feel more womanly. Lately, my wife has relaxed the “rules” for dressing at home, so I do when I want, or don’t when I don’t. That part has been so freeing b/c I know it’s not something I’m compelled to do or sneak with. It’s just putting on other clothes (and make-up, of course).
I haven’t been very good about moisturizing lately, but before Christmas I was using a body lotion and CeraVe on everywhere I can reach. My feet get pretty rough anyway so I try to at least pamper them.
- January 18, 2022 at 8:17 am #613150Dee ChambersLadyRegistered On: December 30, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
- January 18, 2022 at 8:12 am #613148Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 883Has thanked: 4016 timesBeen thanked: 3751 times
- January 18, 2022 at 8:04 am #613146Jennifer SullivanLadyRegistered On: December 31, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 116Has thanked: 177 timesBeen thanked: 408 times
I wear bikini panties most of the time with thigh high stockings and Penny loafers I got so used to Jennifer when someone else says hey Jennifer I turn around . To sound more fem I practice I wear a 1 1/4 inch leather collar as tight as possible this also hides my Adam’s apple and I sound more fem
- January 18, 2022 at 10:21 am #613176AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- January 18, 2022 at 2:41 pm #613254AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I also apologize for trying to be funny. There are several parts of me that seemed a little undersized when I still hoped to be like my athletic heroes. Now I’m thinking it’s ok.
But since one of my heroes was on the Wheaties box, maybe I’m still making progress.
- January 18, 2022 at 9:14 am #613162Deborah SullivanLadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 883Has thanked: 4016 timesBeen thanked: 3751 times
- January 18, 2022 at 2:38 am #613062Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 38Replies: 493Has thanked: 1799 timesBeen thanked: 2365 times
I think I’ve answered a similar question before but like most will say I do the following,
underdress with panties, bralettes everyday. Pantyhose and a camisole in the cooler weather. Toenails always painted , clear on my hands and this past weekend I had a taupe colour in my finger nails that was hardly noticeable. I’m wearing light foundation, mascara and eyeshadow, got brave and now using a light eyeliner as well. And my new fav is a slash of perfume .
- January 17, 2022 at 10:06 pm #613047Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 112Replies: 1009Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 3945 times
All the “usuals” for me.
1/. Underdress all day every day, except when its a stinker of an Australian summers day, (just the panties then). Winter sees most days, a 40AA bra and heavy duty tights under my drab.
2/. Sit to pee.. every time.
3/. Own 3 times more bras and panties than my SO!!. (But dont we all do that).
4/. But scented drawer liners and sachets for my lingerie drawers.
5/. Spend far too much time (and $$) browsing female clothing sites, especially lingerie..
My home situation precludes any of the other “usuals” eg painted nails, any kind of perfume or make up, jewellery etc.
- January 16, 2022 at 5:26 pm #612627AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I wear light makeup every day, just light foundation. No eyes or lips yet, even though I am exploring some nude lipsticks. I am growing my nails longer and wearing clear polish. Would love to add color, but can’t at this point. I also wear pantyhose most days under my male slacks. I am exploring buying girls jeans or slacks. Has anyone had good experiences wearing those?
- January 16, 2022 at 5:15 pm #612626Cassie JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 50Replies: 859Has thanked: 2060 timesBeen thanked: 4119 times
For myself I have taken my dressing to another level. As noted in other posts the past few months I had my nails done with acrylics back in Sept. Since I had them done in my collage colors -with the team printed on the back I felt I could ‘get away’ with this while I was in drab. I loved having my nails painted soooo much that I am now on my 3rd color sceam, and I love them so much I can’t stop . Now I love looking at my nails I love it so much. I even am mis gendered while presenting as male because they are looking at my nails. Also I have gotten just enough compliments that I likely will not quit.
. . .Cassie
- January 18, 2022 at 8:09 am #613147LadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 883Has thanked: 4016 timesBeen thanked: 3751 times
- January 18, 2022 at 5:51 am #613092Stephanie LakeLadyRegistered On: September 20, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 54Has thanked: 323 timesBeen thanked: 372 times
I love the winter when my SO lets me paint my toes and shave my legs. When I sit to pee, yes I do that all the time, I love to look at my toes. It makes me feel so good. In the summer when we are at the lake house, just the two us, she lets me paint them. I love being able to walk around I sandals, drab sadly. It’s not much, but it’s a little. When I go alone to the lake house, I also paint my fingernails. No one ever says anything and it’s helping me get up the nerve to present more in public.
- January 16, 2022 at 5:28 pm #612628
- January 16, 2022 at 9:10 am #612510LeaLadyRegistered On: March 23, 2016Topics: 81Replies: 304Has thanked: 451 timesBeen thanked: 1345 times
Shoe shopping online, watching fashion clips on Instagram, thinking girl things, crossing legs, moisturizing, gently washing, writing out my emotions on here, reading the forums here, day dreaming.
- January 16, 2022 at 8:46 am #612493SylviaLadyRegistered On: October 10, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 674Has thanked: 16794 timesBeen thanked: 2814 times
Dear Lauren ,
Listening to other peoples problems in my enviroment ,
and try to help them.
It is something Sylvia loves doing , and my male half
is appreciating doing more also.
In my work life I don’t do specific things to feel more Feminine.
But when I get home , the first thing I try to do everyday is at least
underdress to enhance my Feminine feelings.
If I would live alone , I would probably dress completely as a Woman
every day after Work.
- January 22, 2022 at 3:07 pm #614365JayneLadyRegistered On: June 24, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 23Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 130 times
“listening to other people’s problems” … that is really a more feminine way to interact with others. One of my goals is to develop a more feminine personality, not just when I’m dressed but at all times. I’ve become aware that my masculine personality isn’t always very sensitive to others, and this has negative consequences. To be more aware of the thoughts and feelings of others, in the way that females seem to do as a matter of course, I’m hoping will improve my relationships, and reduce those negative consequences.
- January 16, 2022 at 8:43 am #612492LadyRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 883Has thanked: 4016 timesBeen thanked: 3751 times
Have my toes painted and fingers in clear nail polish. In winter have nylons or tights on under pants if out in drab and always conscious of my fem mannerisms. Walking in short steps and movement from the hips not the shoulders
- January 16, 2022 at 7:50 am #612476Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 677Has thanked: 3920 timesBeen thanked: 3283 times
- January 16, 2022 at 6:23 am #612460Catherine DicksonLadyRegistered On: January 22, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 272Has thanked: 332 timesBeen thanked: 1645 times
I love all the different ways I’m reading that you ladies act like ladies! I need to remember to do some of these too.
I always moisturize, and lately I’ve been using Don’t Grow There lotion along with Pit Stop deodorant. I enjoy shaving my legs and I’m trying to keep them smooth. Same with underarms. I like to smell of those products. Not really totally fem, but definitely not Axe or some other obvious manly smell. Like most, I wear panties exclusively. I own zero men’s underwear. Occasionally I wear a lacy bralette or cami and throughout the day I enjoy the feeling of the soft material. Pantyhose occasionally as well. I guess that’s about it really. My wife is probably about in the middle in terms of tolerating my dressing. She’s slowly embracing it a little more and I’m hopeful that I will be able to increase little by little until maybe one day I can dress fully with her support.
But the mannerisms you girls mentioned: crossing legs like a woman, sitting to pee, smaller steps with slight sway. I will try to start remembering to do all of these and more. I just don’t want to overdo and act like a drag queen. I want to look as much like a typical, classy lady of my age as possible.
Thanks for the great tips!
- January 16, 2022 at 5:10 am #612442
- January 16, 2022 at 3:12 am #612420AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- January 16, 2022 at 2:42 am #612416Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1561Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6377 times
Most of the girls have listed a lot of things to do for that femme feeling. I would add to use a feminine body powder and/or skin creme. Don’t use so much that people can sense you coming from a distance, but just enough that YOU know, and maybe leave a little in the air as you pass by.
- January 16, 2022 at 2:34 am #612415SammathaLadyRegistered On: June 22, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 240Has thanked: 464 timesBeen thanked: 428 times
- January 16, 2022 at 2:31 am #612412Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 243Has thanked: 3582 timesBeen thanked: 1139 times
- January 16, 2022 at 2:33 am #612413
- January 16, 2022 at 2:30 am #612411Diane RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 955Has thanked: 1671 timesBeen thanked: 3375 times
- January 16, 2022 at 2:03 am #612402Michelle DohertyDuchessRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 15Replies: 277Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 1113 times
I wear panties, tights and a cami vest every day. Feeling the tights press on your legs when you move, immediately kick starts your fem psyche.
I practice my posture and faint smile all the time, even when i am driving. I pee like a girl all the time too. I also flick my hair, even though i dont have any.
- January 15, 2022 at 2:29 pm #612238Ayla HannahLadyRegistered On: May 9, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 19Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 201 times
Always underdress – knickers stockings & suspenders. I can’t get away with a bra while working but if I’m not working then a bra.
My usual coat is a very bulky leather jacker so if the weather is not great I can get away with breast forms.
Toenails always painted & fingernails too with a french polish. If anyone questions it I explain it’s the polish to stop me from biting my nails.
- January 16, 2022 at 2:06 am #612403Michelle DohertyDuchessRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 15Replies: 277Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 1113 times
I wear panties, tights and a cami vest every day.
The thick hem running along the top of my bust extends right around the back. When i move, if it feels as though i am wearing a bra.
- January 15, 2022 at 11:18 am #612188Gabriela FerretiLadyRegistered On: December 17, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 2Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 11 times
I often use tampons or pads; wearing panties everyday is a must, keeping smooth skin, and you can always have your toes painted under those socks.
I like to watch hypnotic (non porn) feminizing videos, I also always bring a nightie when I travel alone, I wear it to sleep.
- January 16, 2022 at 6:30 am #612468Catherine DicksonLadyRegistered On: January 22, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 272Has thanked: 332 timesBeen thanked: 1645 times
Ok, I’ve seen this mentioned a couple of other times and I think I must be confused. I understand wearing pads help keep a smooth tuck look and that’s great. I do that sometimes too, even though I’m not yet able to wear women’s outerwear. But the tampons. I do not want explicit language here, but I really wonder about the tampon use. Just my idle curiosity…
- January 18, 2022 at 12:24 pm #613201
- January 15, 2022 at 11:26 am #612191
- January 15, 2022 at 10:50 am #612175Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 788Has thanked: 17448 timesBeen thanked: 2832 times
Sit to pee, occasionally under dress, sneak off for a bit to slip into a pair of heels, and practice the walk. Oh, and shave and moisturize my legs every day!
Love and hugs,
- January 15, 2022 at 10:34 am #612163Dee NashLadyRegistered On: November 7, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 255Has thanked: 1612 timesBeen thanked: 1074 times
- January 16, 2022 at 2:27 am #612408
- January 15, 2022 at 10:10 am #612147Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 1239Has thanked: 7617 timesBeen thanked: 6149 times
Sitting to pee
Polished color on toenails with clear gloss on fingers
Practice fem walking and sitting
Feminine necklace under shirt
- January 15, 2022 at 9:53 am #612137
- January 15, 2022 at 9:53 am #612136Mary ContraryLadyRegistered On: December 14, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 54Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 164 times
- January 15, 2022 at 9:50 am #612133AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
even when fully kitted out in chainsaw safety gear I always have my anklet on, my satin underwear and my toes are always painted. I guess in other ways, it s maybe the mannerisms, the thoughts…yes, the thoughts often is my secret female that keeps me going…sometimes maybe knowing and feeling my toe rings…I suppose when I think about it there are a lot of tiny things that I don t now notice as they re a part of me..if that makes sense.
- January 15, 2022 at 9:53 am #612135Lauren BLadyRegistered On: January 15, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 35Has thanked: 35 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
- January 15, 2022 at 10:01 am #612143AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I never get nervous but yes, I ve been caught out at times…like going into mens changing rooms, or my trousers slip enough to show lace or satin and occassionally stood at the urinal when I didn t realise how much of my underwear was on show…lolol
- January 15, 2022 at 9:27 am #612122AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
wow great Q!
Hmmm – folding my legs while i sit, one over the other as a beautiful woman would do.
Another – run yhands over my legs, up and down … feeling how amazing they feel
any chance i get, look at myself in the mirro … maybe with just my underwear on – pull them a little higher than they should be 🙂
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.