• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Hippie
      Lady

I don’t have much to add to this question. Other than I want to see a mans answer to this and any of you naturely born females can reply if you wish. (Hint for my wife to answer)

Hippie

Hippie, there is no definitive answer on this.  First off, masculinity or femininity are nothing more than social norms.  For example, years ago I went out in a top with a lacy placket, trumpet sleeves, and pants with no pockets.  Was I being feminine?  Not at all, I was wearing a costume worn by Renaissance noblemen.  Without that context, it sounded very different.

For some people, simply wearing a skirt may make them feel more feminine.  Others might need a top or dress.  Some may want to paint their fingernails, and others want their toenails done too.  I could go on and on.  For example, shapewear, breast forms, a bra, makeup, earrings, hair style or wig, high heels.  Walking, sitting, talking like a woman.  And some need to go as far as taking HRT and surgery.

I think the answer is really what does the individual want to do to feel more feminine.  It’s more of an a la carte menu choice than specific rules or tips. It’s all up to the individual.

If you don’t have it in you to begin with you would have to be a very good actor otherwise I would say practice, then practice some more.  It’s not a job it’s an adventure! 

Hi ladies,

For me it’s getting a real pedicure. What’s “real”? Having polish on your toes. To each and every time I look down I am reminded of who I have become, who I want to be, and, maybe, who I am.

Love to all,

Diane

Anonymous

Hi Hippie,

Longer fingernails seem to work for me. Easier said than done if you do physical work with your hands.

Marti xxx

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Marti…. don’t forget those nice earrings too

Anonymous

lol, Michelle, those too.

arti xxx

Anonymous

I think it’s more what’s on the inside than on the outside.  Though a really nice dress has it’s place………..

Connie

xxx

Little things like having pierced ears and nice nails. Other times just wearing a bra with no forms .

Anonymous
      Lady

Its highly selective depending on each person and what they feel is feminine or not which could be anything at all.

Seems like you want your wifes opinion

Hippie
        Lady

Kinda want my wife’s opinion, but more as a whole for others. If you get what I am trying to say?

JOJO
      Lady

This may seem like a simplistic response but: “Just embrace your inner self”. I find that when I do that my true self is realized.

Anonymous

Shape. You’ve probably noticed, but girls are a different shape to boys. Hip and bum pads and a decent pair of forms, but make sure they’re proportional to your body shape. It’s too easy to end up with a caboose like Kim K. Which is fine if that’s what you want. Nip that waist in too, to highlight the hips. No need for a corset (unless you want to) – a nice wide belt will do the trick. If you do consider corsetry, try a waspie rather than a full-on corset. They’re a lot more wearable (I’ve tried both) and most of the effect arises from redistributing the flesh rather than actually reduction. Mine only takes 2 inches off but it looks like much more.

Have fun experimenting and finding something that works for you.

Connie
      xxx

Listen, darling, listen…

I think the walk and the talk are key. Heels and the accompanying shorter in line steps make the wiggle feminine. A feminine voice and speech patterns are important. I practice these things constantly at home and when out in public. Shape wear is good but the underlying presentation is what makes it work. I can look feminine wearing A forms or D forms, it’s a matter of carriage. Also, when wearing shorts, jeans or leggings look for a pair that create butt cleavage, even a small butt looks good when defined.  As for voice, practice constantly even to the point of thinking in a feminine voice. Speech paterns also play a part. Yes, some women can swear like a drunken sailor but to make it believable leave the language at home. Use terms like honey, dear, sweetie. That softens your presentation to others audibly and influences the visual perception to think in terms of feminine. Speaking with a softer, gentler tone makes you feel more feminine.

It’s a self reinforcing effect. Thinking feminine makes one act feminine. Acting feminine makes one feel feminine. Feeling feminine makes one BE feminine.

Ooo, this talk has me feeling all girly now! I need to go out and strut around the neighborhood!

Beth

Beth, while you are right about the need to get the walk correct, you really need to learn to be able to do it in flats.  I know that most of the time I’m en femme I am not in heels. By pulling the stomach in, keeping the chest proud, and lengthening the spine (pretend as if there were a string pulling on your head) as I walk, I automatically get the wiggle in my step just from the higher center of gravity and the change in my posture.

Peta Mari
      Lady

Deodorant and perfumes.

Confidence in your appearance.

Clothes appropriate to the situation you are in! And open your wardrobes up to more colours than the bland ‘b’s blue, black, beige!

Smell nice.

Accessories, scarfs, purses, jewellery, nails, appropriate you the situation you are in.

Don’t walk like you just got off a horse, walk the line with a little hips way. Learn to walk properly in heels.

Be more kind, considerate, attentive to others needs and what they are saying.

Learn to pamper yourself, even simple stuff like a nice hand cream, a relaxing bath, a face pack, a scented candle.

❤️B

Anonymous

So after all the dressing, makeup, wigs, nails, jewelry, shaving, studying of walks and just generally paying more attention to women’s issues I’ve discovered that being myself is more on target than anything else. Obviously I’ve picked up some bad habits during my life while trying to pass as a man, but when I’m just me, I’m just about as feminine as I want to be.

Having said that, I’m going to continue trying to look my best as a woman.

— Abbie 🥰

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?