Tagged: 

Viewing 34 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stacy Ann May
      Duchess

Hopefully a simple question, one I’m sure has been asked before many times, but here’s a chance to survey everyone once again.

So, what do you do to shape your eyebrows? If you do, what’s your favorite method? If you use multiple ways, please feel free to expand upon that in the comments below. And if you’d like to share what you do to them with makeup, that would be even better! Do you prefer thicker or thinner brows?

Thanks!

I use a trimmer for shaving ,I use to shave them to shape.

Anonymous

Hi Stacy! I shape them by myself, by tweezing. (Plucking is for chickens! 🤪)

Gaby 💜

Anonymous

I use a combination of things:  a trimmer to keep them very short (they tend to grow “bushy”), a tweezer for shaping, and a brush or pencil to shape/emphasize them.

A long time ago another Tgirl gave me this bit of advice. She told me to start taking a few hairs from the under side of my brows each week. Once they were gone, I kept them from coming back. Over a period of a few months, I was able to thin my brows without anyone noticing a drastic change. When I did my make up I would use a pencil and some eyebrow powder to get them just right. I’ve been doing this for a very long time and nobody has said anything about my eyebrows when I’m in drab, but I get lots of compliments when I am in girl mode!

I sometimes very lightly trim mine but my asset is I’m very blonde with super light colored and not thick brows. I normally wear a brown wig and use a brown brow pencil to shade the shape I like. My normal wig does block a lot of the view but they are still visible.  With a different wig I will shape my brows a little more then normal using a small hair trimmer I have.

Sandy

I go to a one woman spa and she waxes them to get the shape.  I go every four or five weeks to have them redone.

My hairstylist checks them every time I get my hair styled.

• Trims them up Feminine if needed
      • Or has a Co-worker that specializes in waxing eyebrows, legs, arms, etc.  Who Waxes them.. while my hair color is setting up b4 my hair is shampooed
      • If my stylist thinks that my eyebrows need color also then waxing coworkers waxes after my shampoo but b4 hair is styled.

Emily
      Lady

Great question! Lots of variety in the answers. I carefully shave them, then tweeze the stray hairs to keep them shaped, been doing it for years. As was noted, small changes over a period of time go unnoticed by others. Scissors to keep them trimmed to a decent length, then color and shape with an eyebrow pencil. Eyebrow trimming/shaping is now a fairly acceptable part of manscaping, so don’t be scared to give it a try!

Hi Stacy

I’m a closeted crossdresser so I can not get a permanent change (waxed, plucking, etc.) so I try to getting a better eyebrows shape with make up (concealer and foundation) and a pencil to draw it.

Hugs,

Annette

I have several plastic templates of eye brow designs. I maintain daily using a Phillips battery operated electric eye brow trimmer as well ans another style of battery power shaper that is a rotary type.

Dame Veronica

I find plastic eye brow templates a BEAR 2 use, especially on my left side my non necessities dominate side.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

As well as making sure I have them trimmed every time I have a haircut, in bygone days I used to use paper glue and heavy foundation to cover my brows completely, then draw in the eyelashes with eyeliner.

This ended up with me permanently removing quite a few. This, plus old age and greying of same, means it does not take much for me to achieve a feminine looking brow…..(LOL)

Caty

I use scissors and a comb to trim my brows.  And every so often, I get my brows waxed to a unisex shape.  Have thought about threading, have any of you girls done it?  If so, what’s it like?

I have my brows waxed when I do the rest of my body. In fact, it’s just about time for my next session

I have them trimmed when I have my hair cut and do that myself in between cuts. I fine tune with an electric brow trimmer.

Rami Love
      Lady

I currently just trim my brows short with a comb and sissors. I have not started plucking, shaping, contouring and coloring or for that matter started into makeup other than lipstick.

I shave my eyebrows and use an eyebrow pencil and gel. To finish I use a light dusting of

face powder to set and lighten them.

Smartina
        Duchess

This is also my method, though my stylist shapes them by shaving. I like a very thin, long brow which is easy for me to draw by just following the real brow. I am also intrigued by the fact that nobody remarks on a shaped brow when I am in drab.

K Swim
      Lady

The most I do is pluck out loose ones with my bare hands.

I have a full body wax every month which includes my eyebrows.

Between waxing, I keep them shaped and tidy by tweezing.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

I don’t shape, but I do use clippers to keep them at a rather short length, I’ve never had a comment on them.

Anonymous
      Lady

I use a hand razor to be smooth all over, BUT I have a lovely beauty therapist who waxes my back, shoulders, ears and eyebrows. She scissor  trims, plucks the odd one the wax doesn’t deal with and generally makes me feel wonderful with a Manuka oil soothing finish. To me, the money spent is well worth it. I leave floating on air.

Hi Stacy, i do my own using seven point eyebrow mapping, it can be hard to do if you have not done this before but its great for getting a near perfect symmetrical profile on your brows. There are videos on youtube explaining how to do this, have a look! its fascinating 🙂

Fiona xxx

I used to tweeze them years ago. Over time they became thinner and thinner. I was tweezing the grey ones out until there were bald spots starting. Then I had to pencil in the bald spots I was making. I also cut them feminine short with scissors and a comb. Finally I said screw this and now I shave them off and pencil them in thin like back in the 1930’s or 40’s. Like Claudette Colbert.

Rather extreme,

Since my SOGGF outed me about 4 years ago I ve let my hair grow longer and my stylist same as hers always checks my eyebrows and either trims them and shapes them, several times she has actually waxed them.

Matter of fact this next Thursday I m getting my hairstyled and colored. Just now SOGGF said Tammie get your brows waxed and colored also, they are getting rather bushy and unfeminine.

Well I’m really crap at drawing eyebrows but I keep on practicing and I guess that is the solution for many of us ladies. Trial and error. I use a brown pencil to start and a darkish powder to go over the line afterwards. Unfortunately my natural brows are so thin and feint you can’t see them any way so I just shave them off and try to create something from nothing. I am considering sending off for one of those template thingies but I’m not sure if they will be of any use. Any of you girls tried them? Did you have any luck?

Anonymous

hi vicki I use instant brows shaping stencil and love them they come in pack of 6left &6right they stick on then use brush and powder to fill in you can re use stencils I have reused mine at least 12 times   instant brows by fran Wilson  sally beuity carries them  hope they work for you hugs from jackie

Anonymous

I uses  concealer to cover my brows then I use brow shaping stencil instant brows by fran Wilson  sally beuity carries these they work grate I love them

I use stencils I found at target. I put the stencil over my eyebrow, and fill it in with eyebrow powder. Then use an eyebrow razor to clean away the parts that aren’t filled in.

JackieBoy
      Baroness

I go to Ulta near me and get them done by Natalie and she has been doing them for 2 1/2 years and does not exaggerate the brow too much. I first got them done in male mode and enjoyed it so much I now make an occasion of it by dressing up

Waxed, every month or two. Just when ever they need a little love.

Anonymous

I don’t have any eyebrows to speak of, my stylist told me to use an eyebrow pencil to fill them and make them look larger, if they made fake eyebrows I’d buy some.

I am an eyebrow watcher, I watch and wonder how bad some womens eyebrows are. Monobrows’ I’m surprised brows, drawn on with a thin pencil brows and worse of all the middle of the forehead brows. My brows are a very light colour and don’t take a lot of maintenance so I pluck the strays and use a thin comb and a ear & nose trimmer. I do them all at the same time……efficient eh….Sally xx

I haven’t focused on my eyebrows yet. I wouldn’t know the proper length to trim them to or how to shape them, so I’m going to need to seek out assistance. The majority of the hairs are light in color and some are long and dark. I use to use my floating head beard shaver to remove any sign of a uni-brow, but have ignored it for quite a while. I will add that into my feminine up-keep.

I don’t really shape them because I’m not sure how to go about making them look good. I do pluck the strays and keep the unibrow down to a minimum.

Angela
      Lady

I don’t get my brows done. Been thinking of it though. I use my hair trimmer to cut the long ones. When applying my makeup I use brow gel and a pencil to outline and fill in. If I apply to much gel I use the spoolie to thin.

Janice
      Duchess

I trim my brows with scissors and a grooming trimmer, such as flawless. I try to put a subtle arch to my brows while keeping them unisex. Brow pencils to darken white hairs.

Stacy Ann,
      I don’t know what would work for me. I would have to go to a salon and ask. Would love to.
      Jessica

Viewing 34 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?