- I get them professionally threaded
- I get them professionally done, but not threaded (please explain in thread)
- I get them done for me by a friend
- I do it all myself, plucking
- I do it all myself with another method (please explain in thread)
- I don't shape my eyebrows at all
- I have no eyebrows, and I like it that way
- July 10, 2019 at 3:32 pm #196698
Stacy Ann MayAmbassadorRegistered On: May 23, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 24Has thanked: 189 timesBeen thanked: 64 times
Hopefully a simple question, one I’m sure has been asked before many times, but here’s a chance to survey everyone once again.
So, what do you do to shape your eyebrows? If you do, what’s your favorite method? If you use multiple ways, please feel free to expand upon that in the comments below. And if you’d like to share what you do to them with makeup, that would be even better! Do you prefer thicker or thinner brows?
- August 5, 2019 at 2:45 pm #204499Sally DrinkwaterParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 70Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
I am an eyebrow watcher, I watch and wonder how bad some womens eyebrows are. Monobrows’ I’m surprised brows, drawn on with a thin pencil brows and worse of all the middle of the forehead brows. My brows are a very light colour and don’t take a lot of maintenance so I pluck the strays and use a thin comb and a ear & nose trimmer. I do them all at the same time……efficient eh….Sally xx
- August 4, 2019 at 4:57 pm #204260JessicaCross JohnsonParticipantRegistered On: August 25, 2015Topics: 0Replies: 10Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 11 times
- August 4, 2019 at 4:06 pm #204236Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 171Has thanked: 378 timesBeen thanked: 281 times
Waxed, every month or two. Just when ever they need a little love.
- August 4, 2019 at 11:22 am #204162JackieBoyParticipantRegistered On: January 6, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 10 times
I go to Ulta near me and get them done by Natalie and she has been doing them for 2 1/2 years and does not exaggerate the brow too much. I first got them done in male mode and enjoyed it so much I now make an occasion of it by dressing up
1 user thanked author for this post.
- August 2, 2019 at 6:14 am #203461Kristen MooreParticipantRegistered On: August 2, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 12 times
I use stencils I found at target. I put the stencil over my eyebrow, and fill it in with eyebrow powder. Then use an eyebrow razor to clean away the parts that aren’t filled in.
- July 30, 2019 at 6:14 am #202369JACKIE COOPERParticipantRegistered On: July 29, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 11Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 15 times
I uses concealer to cover my brows then I use brow shaping stencil instant brows by fran Wilson sally beuity carries these they work grate I love them
1 user thanked author for this post.
- July 29, 2019 at 5:17 pm #202214Vicki ScottParticipantRegistered On: July 28, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 11Has thanked: 112 timesBeen thanked: 30 times
Well I’m really crap at drawing eyebrows but I keep on practicing and I guess that is the solution for many of us ladies. Trial and error. I use a brown pencil to start and a darkish powder to go over the line afterwards. Unfortunately my natural brows are so thin and feint you can’t see them any way so I just shave them off and try to create something from nothing. I am considering sending off for one of those template thingies but I’m not sure if they will be of any use. Any of you girls tried them? Did you have any luck?
- July 30, 2019 at 7:52 am #202418JACKIE COOPERParticipantRegistered On: July 29, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 11Has thanked: 27 timesBeen thanked: 15 times
hi vicki I use instant brows shaping stencil and love them they come in pack of 6left &6right they stick on then use brush and powder to fill in you can re use stencils I have reused mine at least 12 times instant brows by fran Wilson sally beuity carries them hope they work for you hugs from jackie
- July 25, 2019 at 6:19 am #200990Rosalyn RaeParticipantRegistered On: July 24, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 7 times
I used to tweeze them years ago. Over time they became thinner and thinner. I was tweezing the grey ones out until there were bald spots starting. Then I had to pencil in the bald spots I was making. I also cut them feminine short with scissors and a comb. Finally I said screw this and now I shave them off and pencil them in thin like back in the 1930’s or 40’s. Like Claudette Colbert.
- July 28, 2019 at 7:08 am #201682Tammie SwensonParticipantRegistered On: October 14, 2016Topics: 17Replies: 311Has thanked: 528 timesBeen thanked: 217 times
Since my SOGGF outed me about 4 years ago I ve let my hair grow longer and my stylist same as hers always checks my eyebrows and either trims them and shapes them, several times she has actually waxed them.
Matter of fact this next Thursday I m getting my hairstyled and colored. Just now SOGGF said Tammie get your brows waxed and colored also, they are getting rather bushy and unfeminine.
- July 24, 2019 at 11:44 am #200813Fiona-Ann MossAmbassadorRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 330Replies: 1139Has thanked: 2866 timesBeen thanked: 2110 times
Hi Stacy, i do my own using seven point eyebrow mapping, it can be hard to do if you have not done this before but its great for getting a near perfect symmetrical profile on your brows. There are videos on youtube explaining how to do this, have a look! its fascinating 🙂
- July 22, 2019 at 3:05 pm #200327Tiffany AlexisFounderRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 29Replies: 664Has thanked: 999 timesBeen thanked: 1213 times
I trim the length of em pretty aggressively, and pluck the stupid stragglers…I’d like them thinner towards the inner part especially on the lower aspect, but I’m working towards that gradually.
makeup…I draw a straight line from the inner part to where the bend is, trace over it 3-4 times, then draw the downward line at like a 30-35 degree angle. Then I use the brush side of the eyebrow pencil over it a time or two. Works ok, not quite done evolving that particular technique yet tho…
- July 19, 2019 at 8:32 pm #199265Gianna BonitaParticipantRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 19Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 38 times
I use a hand razor to be smooth all over, BUT I have a lovely beauty therapist who waxes my back, shoulders, ears and eyebrows. She scissor trims, plucks the odd one the wax doesn’t deal with and generally makes me feel wonderful with a Manuka oil soothing finish. To me, the money spent is well worth it. I leave floating on air.
- July 19, 2019 at 7:55 am #199146
- July 18, 2019 at 2:51 am #198866Sheryl JohnstoneAmbassadorRegistered On: September 7, 2015Topics: 3Replies: 131Has thanked: 358 timesBeen thanked: 82 times
- July 17, 2019 at 2:32 pm #198765
- July 17, 2019 at 7:37 am #198699Diane BurkhartParticipantRegistered On: March 5, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 3 times
- July 20, 2019 at 4:57 pm #199545Smartina FonteynParticipantRegistered On: December 14, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 21Has thanked: 7 timesBeen thanked: 22 times
This is also my method, though my stylist shapes them by shaving. I like a very thin, long brow which is easy for me to draw by just following the real brow. I am also intrigued by the fact that nobody remarks on a shaped brow when I am in drab.
- July 16, 2019 at 6:42 am #198380Rami LoveParticipantRegistered On: November 30, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 46Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
I currently just trim my brows short with a comb and sissors. I have not started plucking, shaping, contouring and coloring or for that matter started into makeup other than lipstick.
- July 16, 2019 at 5:58 am #198372
- July 15, 2019 at 4:15 pm #198239
- July 14, 2019 at 12:25 am #197691Rachel WilliamsParticipantRegistered On: June 16, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 89Has thanked: 150 timesBeen thanked: 126 times
I use scissors and a comb to trim my brows. And every so often, I get my brows waxed to a unisex shape. Have thought about threading, have any of you girls done it? If so, what’s it like?
- July 12, 2019 at 3:05 pm #197380Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 38Replies: 378Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 531 times
As well as making sure I have them trimmed every time I have a haircut, in bygone days I used to use paper glue and heavy foundation to cover my brows completely, then draw in the eyelashes with eyeliner.
This ended up with me permanently removing quite a few. This, plus old age and greying of same, means it does not take much for me to achieve a feminine looking brow…..(LOL)
- July 12, 2019 at 12:52 pm #197361Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 51Replies: 1987Has thanked: 1681 timesBeen thanked: 1790 times
- July 14, 2019 at 4:01 am #197731
- July 11, 2019 at 3:53 pm #197052Annette CrossAmbassadorRegistered On: July 2, 2018Topics: 5Replies: 67Has thanked: 138 timesBeen thanked: 90 times
I’m a closeted crossdresser so I can not get a permanent change (waxed, plucking, etc.) so I try to getting a better eyebrows shape with make up (concealer and foundation) and a pencil to draw it.
- July 11, 2019 at 8:29 am #196912stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 70Replies: 628Has thanked: 675 timesBeen thanked: 1331 times
Scissors- small pointy ones, and a female razor. I have bought an eyebrow stencil set and eyebrow kit consisting of wax and medium brown powder, but I haven’t tried them yet. Trimmed, arched, elongated and coloured eyebrows are one of the most important things to achieve the female look, followed by false lashes, and a good lipstick.
- July 11, 2019 at 5:12 am #196858EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 8Replies: 269Has thanked: 822 timesBeen thanked: 341 times
Great question! Lots of variety in the answers. I carefully shave them, then tweeze the stray hairs to keep them shaped, been doing it for years. As was noted, small changes over a period of time go unnoticed by others. Scissors to keep them trimmed to a decent length, then color and shape with an eyebrow pencil. Eyebrow trimming/shaping is now a fairly acceptable part of manscaping, so don’t be scared to give it a try!
- July 11, 2019 at 2:22 am #196833ParticipantRegistered On: October 14, 2016Topics: 17Replies: 311Has thanked: 528 timesBeen thanked: 217 times
My hairstylist checks them every time I get my hair styled.
- Trims them up Feminine if needed
- Or has a Co-worker that specializes in waxing eyebrows, legs, arms, etc. Who Waxes them.. while my hair color is setting up b4 my hair is shampooed
- If my stylist thinks that my eyebrows need color also then waxing coworkers waxes after my shampoo but b4 hair is styled.
- July 10, 2019 at 9:59 pm #196818
- July 10, 2019 at 7:50 pm #196789Sandy CraigParticipantRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 146Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 163 times
I sometimes very lightly trim mine but my asset is I’m very blonde with super light colored and not thick brows. I normally wear a brown wig and use a brown brow pencil to shade the shape I like. My normal wig does block a lot of the view but they are still visible. With a different wig I will shape my brows a little more then normal using a small hair trimmer I have.
- July 10, 2019 at 8:00 pm #196792T.J. ByronParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 86Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 125 times
Great seeing you at our lunch last weekend….
Here is today’s outfit at lunch with Jackie and Terri. Can’t thank you enough for introducing me to my girlfriend family.
We have soooooooo much fun when we get together!
- July 10, 2019 at 7:32 pm #196781Genivieve BujoldParticipantRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 17Has thanked: 38 timesBeen thanked: 28 times
A long time ago another Tgirl gave me this bit of advice. She told me to start taking a few hairs from the under side of my brows each week. Once they were gone, I kept them from coming back. Over a period of a few months, I was able to thin my brows without anyone noticing a drastic change. When I did my make up I would use a pencil and some eyebrow powder to get them just right. I’ve been doing this for a very long time and nobody has said anything about my eyebrows when I’m in drab, but I get lots of compliments when I am in girl mode!
- July 10, 2019 at 7:22 pm #196780Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 255Has thanked: 202 timesBeen thanked: 352 times
- July 10, 2019 at 5:35 pm #196731
- July 10, 2019 at 5:25 pm #196726ParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 86Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 125 times
I have always thought that the shaping of Eyebrows is very important, sexy item of the ” Make up ” process. I think many folks don’t spend enough attention to them. I think a man is fearful to too feminize his face. The eyebrows are one of these facial features that can be an alert to attempt to have the face ready to crossdress.
I trim with a small scissors and pluck to get a good Arching eyebrow. I use a Mary Kaye eyebrow color stick. I get compliments all. The time. I am very pleased with the expression the eyebrows express.
- July 10, 2019 at 3:54 pm #196706
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.