- I get them professionally threaded
- I get them professionally done, but not threaded (please explain in thread)
- I get them done for me by a friend
- I do it all myself, plucking
- I do it all myself with another method (please explain in thread)
- I don't shape my eyebrows at all
- I have no eyebrows, and I like it that way
- July 10, 2019 at 3:32 pm #196698
Stacy Ann MayAmbassadorRegistered On: May 23, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 14Has thanked: 138 timesBeen thanked: 34 times
Hopefully a simple question, one I’m sure has been asked before many times, but here’s a chance to survey everyone once again.
So, what do you do to shape your eyebrows? If you do, what’s your favorite method? If you use multiple ways, please feel free to expand upon that in the comments below. And if you’d like to share what you do to them with makeup, that would be even better! Do you prefer thicker or thinner brows?
- July 19, 2019 at 8:32 pm #199265Gianna BonitaParticipantRegistered On: March 28, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 13Has thanked: 108 timesBeen thanked: 17 times
I use a hand razor to be smooth all over, BUT I have a lovely beauty therapist who waxes my back, shoulders, ears and eyebrows. She scissor trims, plucks the odd one the wax doesn’t deal with and generally makes me feel wonderful with a Manuka oil soothing finish. To me, the money spent is well worth it. I leave floating on air.
- July 19, 2019 at 7:55 am #199146BillieJayParticipantRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 5Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 5 times
I don’t shape, but I do use clippers to keep them at a rather short length, I’ve never had a comment on them.
- July 18, 2019 at 2:51 am #198866Sheryl JohnstoneAmbassadorRegistered On: September 7, 2015Topics: 3Replies: 130Has thanked: 344 timesBeen thanked: 60 times
I have a full body wax every month which includes my eyebrows.
Between waxing, I keep them shaped and tidy by tweezing.
- July 17, 2019 at 2:32 pm #198765K SwimParticipantRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 132Has thanked: 66 timesBeen thanked: 98 times
The most I do is pluck out loose ones with my bare hands.
- July 17, 2019 at 7:37 am #198699Diane BurkhartParticipantRegistered On: March 5, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
I shave my eyebrows and use an eyebrow pencil and gel. To finish I use a light dusting of
face powder to set and lighten them.
- July 20, 2019 at 4:57 pm #199545Smartina FonteynParticipantRegistered On: December 14, 2017Topics: 0Replies: 20Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 20 times
This is also my method, though my stylist shapes them by shaving. I like a very thin, long brow which is easy for me to draw by just following the real brow. I am also intrigued by the fact that nobody remarks on a shaped brow when I am in drab.
- July 16, 2019 at 6:42 am #198380Rami LoveParticipantRegistered On: November 30, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 44Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 45 times
I currently just trim my brows short with a comb and sissors. I have not started plucking, shaping, contouring and coloring or for that matter started into makeup other than lipstick.
- July 16, 2019 at 5:58 am #198372
- July 15, 2019 at 4:15 pm #198239
- July 14, 2019 at 12:25 am #197691Rachel WilliamsParticipantRegistered On: June 16, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 56Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 63 times
I use scissors and a comb to trim my brows. And every so often, I get my brows waxed to a unisex shape. Have thought about threading, have any of you girls done it? If so, what’s it like?
- July 12, 2019 at 3:05 pm #197380Caty RyanParticipantRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 35Replies: 336Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 429 times
As well as making sure I have them trimmed every time I have a haircut, in bygone days I used to use paper glue and heavy foundation to cover my brows completely, then draw in the eyelashes with eyeliner.
This ended up with me permanently removing quite a few. This, plus old age and greying of same, means it does not take much for me to achieve a feminine looking brow…..(LOL)
- July 12, 2019 at 12:52 pm #197361Dame Veronica GraunwolfParticipantRegistered On: May 8, 2017Topics: 51Replies: 1941Has thanked: 1638 timesBeen thanked: 1596 times
I have several plastic templates of eye brow designs. I maintain daily using a Phillips battery operated electric eye brow trimmer as well ans another style of battery power shaper that is a rotary type.
- July 14, 2019 at 4:01 am #197731
- July 11, 2019 at 3:53 pm #197052Annette CrossParticipantRegistered On: July 2, 2018Topics: 5Replies: 39Has thanked: 98 timesBeen thanked: 64 times
I’m a closeted crossdresser so I can not get a permanent change (waxed, plucking, etc.) so I try to getting a better eyebrows shape with make up (concealer and foundation) and a pencil to draw it.
- July 11, 2019 at 8:29 am #196912stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 66Replies: 530Has thanked: 589 timesBeen thanked: 1033 times
Scissors- small pointy ones, and a female razor. I have bought an eyebrow stencil set and eyebrow kit consisting of wax and medium brown powder, but I haven’t tried them yet. Trimmed, arched, elongated and coloured eyebrows are one of the most important things to achieve the female look, followed by false lashes, and a good lipstick.
- July 11, 2019 at 5:12 am #196858EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 7Replies: 191Has thanked: 675 timesBeen thanked: 214 times
Great question! Lots of variety in the answers. I carefully shave them, then tweeze the stray hairs to keep them shaped, been doing it for years. As was noted, small changes over a period of time go unnoticed by others. Scissors to keep them trimmed to a decent length, then color and shape with an eyebrow pencil. Eyebrow trimming/shaping is now a fairly acceptable part of manscaping, so don’t be scared to give it a try!
- July 11, 2019 at 2:22 am #196833Tammie SwensonParticipantRegistered On: October 14, 2016Topics: 17Replies: 266Has thanked: 453 timesBeen thanked: 168 times
My hairstylist checks them every time I get my hair styled.
- Trims them up Feminine if needed
- Or has a Co-worker that specializes in waxing eyebrows, legs, arms, etc. Who Waxes them.. while my hair color is setting up b4 my hair is shampooed
- If my stylist thinks that my eyebrows need color also then waxing coworkers waxes after my shampoo but b4 hair is styled.
- July 10, 2019 at 9:59 pm #196818
- July 10, 2019 at 7:50 pm #196789Sandy CraigParticipantRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 120Has thanked: 16 timesBeen thanked: 117 times
I sometimes very lightly trim mine but my asset is I’m very blonde with super light colored and not thick brows. I normally wear a brown wig and use a brown brow pencil to shade the shape I like. My normal wig does block a lot of the view but they are still visible. With a different wig I will shape my brows a little more then normal using a small hair trimmer I have.
- July 10, 2019 at 8:00 pm #196792T.J. ByronParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 68Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 77 times
Great seeing you at our lunch last weekend….
Here is today’s outfit at lunch with Jackie and Terri. Can’t thank you enough for introducing me to my girlfriend family.
We have soooooooo much fun when we get together!
- July 10, 2019 at 7:32 pm #196781Genivieve BujoldParticipantRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 1Replies: 16Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 25 times
A long time ago another Tgirl gave me this bit of advice. She told me to start taking a few hairs from the under side of my brows each week. Once they were gone, I kept them from coming back. Over a period of a few months, I was able to thin my brows without anyone noticing a drastic change. When I did my make up I would use a pencil and some eyebrow powder to get them just right. I’ve been doing this for a very long time and nobody has said anything about my eyebrows when I’m in drab, but I get lots of compliments when I am in girl mode!
- July 10, 2019 at 7:22 pm #196780Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 76Has thanked: 67 timesBeen thanked: 111 times
- July 10, 2019 at 5:35 pm #196731
- July 10, 2019 at 5:25 pm #196726ParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 68Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 77 times
I have always thought that the shaping of Eyebrows is very important, sexy item of the ” Make up ” process. I think many folks don’t spend enough attention to them. I think a man is fearful to too feminize his face. The eyebrows are one of these facial features that can be an alert to attempt to have the face ready to crossdress.
I trim with a small scissors and pluck to get a good Arching eyebrow. I use a Mary Kaye eyebrow color stick. I get compliments all. The time. I am very pleased with the expression the eyebrows express.
- July 10, 2019 at 3:54 pm #196706
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.