- January 7, 2021 at 2:35 am #428695SerenParticipantRegistered On: March 2, 2020Topics: 39Replies: 463Has thanked: 3989 timesBeen thanked: 2213 times
There’s been a couple of discussions recently about how much more/less we have been dressing over the course of the last year of pandemic lockdowns/travel restrictions.
For those of you who have been able to dress more, or even most of the time due to wfh etc, what does your life look like after? When (if??) life gets back to some kind of ‘normal’ will you be able to socialise dressed? Or perhaps more importantly, will you be happy to not dress and ‘return’ to the closet?
I reckon I could do a couple of days of full boy mode to visit my family. But a week of having my sister to stay, or going out with friends….??
(Never mind how to explain the new ‘Lights for Makeup’ in the bathroom, or the selection of brushes, skincare products etc if people visit…….)
Stay safe girls
xx Seren xx
Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 11, 2021 at 10:13 am #430931Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 54Has thanked: 135 timesBeen thanked: 212 times
I’m in the ‘interesting’ position of separating from my SO and living on my own in the very near future. I’m looking at this next stage in my life, at the grand old age of 75, as an adventure to be enjoyed with HildaRuth becoming a much larger part of my life in the new normal!
- January 11, 2021 at 8:36 am #430858Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 466Has thanked: 1950 timesBeen thanked: 1744 times
- January 10, 2021 at 5:14 pm #430627Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
Define “normal?” I’m guessing part will depend on what 2021 deals for cards.
For me being I live by myself. Not much will change. Dressing at least from neck down ebb’s and flows for me. Some days I just need “drab” time. With work, dont know when I’ll see an office ever again. I sincerely miss going into an office and the personal interaction it brings…even dressed as a man. Being only a couple of work people have ever seen me in male mode, I wont switch to en femme for work. Robyn will stick to outside work, after 5 and weekends.
Have un-expected guests could cause an issue. Not sure how I’ll work that out but Im sure I can manage. Depends on the guest.
- January 9, 2021 at 9:15 am #429959Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 20Replies: 534Has thanked: 5618 timesBeen thanked: 2327 times
I dont see a big change, except that Regi will have to fully come out, ATM i am fully dressed all the time I’m home, and I cannot see that changing. Im too happy and content, and since no one comes around much, anyway, if they dont like it and dont come around, oh well?
As each day passes here, I feel the need to be out and about, more and more. So if not before the end of this thing, at least soon after
- January 9, 2021 at 9:08 am #429956rebekka mooreLadyRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 77Replies: 872Has thanked: 438 timesBeen thanked: 1748 times
One issue I have is, I never have time alone!
My wife works from home, my son cannot be on campus and is at home, and I desperately need to go through my things and get them organized again!
Used to be, I would come home, no one here and I had at least 2 hours to do anything I wanted, including re-arranging things and doing some (gurly) laundry.
I don’t have that anymore and it’s difficult. So hopefully when all is said and done, I will have “alone time” again.
- January 7, 2021 at 6:34 pm #429039Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 222Has thanked: 4358 timesBeen thanked: 1034 times
Well, I wonder. I wonder when that might be. I wonder what anything will look like, and what normal will be for any of us. What I hope for is more chances to go out dressed, more times with just my wife and myself. I love our son, and and having him around, but I need time with Bridgette, and can’t have it with him here 24/7/365, as they say. He’s gone for classes in day time a few days a week, which is fine wiring from home, but when this ends, I won’t be doing that any more. So I look forward to him having places to go, so Bridgette can go out weekends and evenings and do things, go places, be seen. See people. I haven’t been into this for very long at all, especially compared with some of you girls, but I’ve come to depend on it more than I thought I could.
- January 7, 2021 at 4:09 pm #429009Patti JamesBaronessRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 26Has thanked: 141 timesBeen thanked: 91 times
I have dressed way more since this pandemic started. I’m retired, sometime do consulting work from home, work my farm and take care of my animals during the day and work on the house. I underdress all day every day. I “dress up” every night alone after I clean up from the day. Was thinking this morning as I was painting my toe nails that cd is my calming and grounding thing. Maybe someday I’ll find someone to share it with. But I’m in a good place right now. Thanks girls 🥰
- January 7, 2021 at 1:19 pm #428955Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1707Has thanked: 3036 timesBeen thanked: 5725 times
We’re both retired, get visitors once in a blue moon, and my wife’s disability limits travel; so no big changes in sight. I do look forward to the fitting booths all being open, and my local Tri-Ess having live meetings again.
- January 7, 2021 at 12:03 pm #428920Ginny VirginiaLadyRegistered On: December 22, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 142Has thanked: 565 timesBeen thanked: 514 times
For me, the lack of travel has been most difficult. I can be much more Ginny when alone, and my work generally gets me to London (I love M & S panties!) at least three times a year, New York, and Berlin (Berlin good for both nude beaches and CD!). I am also able to swim more as Ginny, late at night and in bikini, although I have just bought a one piece on clearance to see what that would be like. So I have been exclusively underdressing these last many months, but, on the bright side, my lingerie collection is much larger! Make lemonade, I say!
- January 11, 2021 at 2:41 am #430747
- January 7, 2021 at 11:34 am #428906Charlotte GainsbourgLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 92Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 384 times
I am desperately wanting lock down to finish and things to go back to normal. I am in the closet with no opportunity to indulge Charlotte. I am really craving for the day that my family spend a day or more away from the house…fingers crossed Charlotte will spring into life xxx
- January 7, 2021 at 10:40 am #428868Rei DurdenBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3192 times
- January 7, 2021 at 9:26 am #428844Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 311Has thanked: 213 timesBeen thanked: 1210 times
I’ve been working from home since the lockdown, and with the new covid variant it doesn’t look like this thing will be in the history books anytime soon.
That means working from home even longer. I have noticed I am dressed up more, as I enjoy working from home as Wendy. When I don’t have time to transform, I will often underdress.
If and when this pandemic is over and we have to go to the office to work, not sure how I will adjust. I guess I will mostly daydream about the time I had dressed up and not really focus on work. When we worked in the office, I would look forward to the weekend where I would hope to get at least one day as Wendy, I guess “after” would mean doing the same thing.
- January 7, 2021 at 9:10 am #428836MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 44Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 216 times
That’s a tough question. I hate to suggest there’s any good side to this awful epidemic. I wish it had never happened.
Before I start, I should point out that I’m not the most full on femme. So what I describe here isn’t someone dressed up to the nines, but even so …
Lockdown gave me pause for thought. I joined up here, and took a bit more interest. I’m not ‘out’, but I live alone, so I’ve been able to dress as I please and for as long as I please throughout the day, with a lot more confidence that I wouldn’t be disturbed or freaked out. I leave a crate outside my front door so I won’t miss any delivered packages and stuff if I wasn’t home – I live in a very safe place where posties are confident to do that.
So it may be a shock when a more ‘normal’ returns. Friends will be popping in unexpectedly, there will be no more ‘shielding’ excuses for being anti-social. I might have to be more careful about lingering traces of perfume or nail paint. I’ll have to be tidier and not leave clothes or cosmetics lying around.
I’m not sure how I’ll react to that. It’ll be a drag, no pun intended, but for sure I don’t want to become a total recluse. I guess I’m hoping to have built a bit more confidence to take another baby step or two.
Because of course the elephant in the room is that this wouldn’t be an issue if only …
- January 7, 2021 at 6:32 am #428777Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 50Replies: 1436Has thanked: 6685 timesBeen thanked: 7976 times
Hi Seren…..I would love some chocolate!!!
Before, during and after, nothing will change for grace….I live alone, live the dream and do what I like…so if covid thinks its ruining this girls life…..it can sod off back to China
亲我的屁股武汉…from the heart!!!
……love, grace xx
- January 7, 2021 at 5:20 am #428757GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 556Has thanked: 5235 timesBeen thanked: 2330 times
My lifestyle hasn’t changed much and will stay the same when/if all the restrictions are lifted. I’m very much an introvert and don’t do well in social settings. I’m a home body. Always was, always will be.
- January 7, 2021 at 4:00 am #428727Rachel CrossDuchessRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 192Has thanked: 1153 timesBeen thanked: 1098 times
ill be glad when this is over. not much fun staying home. im not doing much shopping or dressing lately, no need too. why buy clothes i cant show off? every place closes early. not making or meeting new friends. no more hugs, complements or wearing lipstick. i dont get off on sitting home and looking at myself in the mirror. i know what i look like. i need to meet new people. get complements and be seen. im not a stay home cd, never was. and this face mask is bs. i want to see who im walking by. see them smile and i smile back. ive gone from going out 20+ hours a week to barely 7 hours a week.
- January 7, 2021 at 3:58 am #428725Lee Ann RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 526Has thanked: 814 timesBeen thanked: 1706 times
I’ve become more and more feminine over the past year, and I’ve recently concluded that I’m transgender. There will be no surgery, there will be be no hormone medication.
I am transgender, and there will be no going back. EVER.
Love to all, and thank you all for sharing yourselves with all of us.
God bless you all.
- January 7, 2021 at 3:16 am #428705Amelia LawrenceLadyRegistered On: January 4, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 22 timesBeen thanked: 41 times
It’s going to be an adjustment for sure! My wife and I have never been hugely social to begin with, but it will be nice to be able to go out to eat, shop, etc without the fear. I am of course hopeful that I will be able to make some outings enfemme as well, but I don’t think I’ll be introducing “her” to anyone in my regular life anytime soon.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.