Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies!

If you’re like me, you’re probably afflicted with the dreaded MBS Syndrome. MBS = male body structure, and no, it’s not real, I just made it up! 😉 But the syndrome is real, in that many of us who crossdress don’t have any of those luscious feminine curves that we so long for, we just have the flat butts, no curves, bigger stomachs and no hips that sometimes make it difficult to camouflage the fact that we’re not biological women.

So of course, that’s where shapewear comes in! And if you’re like me, you love your shapewear! I love it, because wearing it just reminds me on a daily basis how feminized I am and how wonderful it is to be a woman! Especially girdles, I love girdles! Whether they’re the longline pantygirdles, body briefers, open bottom style with garters to attach my stockings or padded panty girdles that really help me get that lovely feminine silhouette we all desire, I love shapewear! My favorite is my padded Veronica panty girdle from Classic Curves International. It gives me padding on both my hips and butt so that, when combined with a waist cincher or corset, I have the classic feminine hourglass shape that just screams “I’m a woman!”

So of course, that got me to wondering…

What is your favorite piece of shapewear to wear?

I’m not talking about breast forms and breast plates, we all love and use those, I’m talking about shapewear that helps you get that womanly form we all want to have.

Hugs,

Holly

Shapewear is an absolute must in my wardrobe.  It holds my hip/butt padding in place, and kinda slims (term used loosely) my gut.

I used to wear mid/long leg shapewear, but I found it kept rolling down, and it isn’t that womanly to keep hiking up your shapewear.

So now I only use wear your own bra torsette/single mid/long long shapers.  My 2 fave brands are maidenform and naomi and nicole.

Maidenform ones are smooth, and has no seams which is great.  Because it cinches everything in, I also get wicked vpl.   As well, these shapers have a bathroom cut out so you don’t have to take everything off to go to the bathroom.

I also like the part of wearing my own bra.  So I wear pocketed bras for my breastforms so that works out very well.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

My home made hip and bum pads which give me a lovely derriere for dresses and skirts to hang properly…..

Gwyneth
      Lady

I see the need for an “All of the Above” to vote for!

Gwyn

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Holly,

I absolutely love open bottom girdles with garter straps!

Fiona

My hip pads are essential. With my snake hips, I do not feel fully dressed without them!

Butt/ hip pads.  Some look good some not so much. Some make me look like a full back in the NFL  The best ones I’ve found so far were in Bealls and Burlington stores. They just add enough without looking like I’m wearing two pillows stuffed under my dress. Realistic ones are hard to find. Some look great in pictures but look terrible in reality.

I don’t want to make you girls angry with me, but I don’t require much in the way of shapewear. I actually have good looking hips, thighs and what the girls at work say is a nice round butt. Put that together with my bra and breast forms and I actually have an hourglass figure. But I do love my ‘Shapermint’ scoop neck camisoles! They have enough control to keep my little bit of spare tire in check.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Well, I don’t have much shape to shapewear anyway… so there ya curvy girl! I’m un-curvy! Well, that and I don’t wear enough clothes to be able to hide shapewear anyway Hehehehe!

I tried a bunch of stuff and I really love the Honeylove brand. The waist cincher is awesome and easy to put on.

I also have the Superpower brief and the Superpower short.  The short has an easy open gusset if you need the bathroom.  They really hold everything and there has never been any roll down or roll up.

The also have good shaping panties.   They help keep you in and tucked too.

Susan.

I can’t say I have a favorite, as I do different things at different times.

Sometimes I wear control top tights to hold me in. In warmer months it might be control top pantyhose. Other times I’ll wear a panty girdle over a thong. On occasion I’ll wear a gender bending g-string.

For shaping the hips, I’m often in a wide skirt so I don’t worry about padding. Occasionally I’ll wear a petticoat, or in the summer a soft tutu petticoat to add just a bit of volume. Occasionally I’ll wear a padded girdle. But most of the time I don’t bother.

Comedienne Carol Burnett had a number of skits where she would play a dumb sexy secretary. She would always walk bent over with her rear sticking out. When asked why she did this, she would reply that she was flat back there. If it’s good enough for her to be flat, it’s good enough for me too.

Occasionally I’ll wear a corset to pull in my waist. But most of the time I don’t worry about that either. It’s too much effort to put on, especially if I’m not going to be out for too long, or I don’t want to have trouble breathing. I also find when wearing a corset it is more difficult to keep my legs together. I can’t sit back in a chair, I have to sit closer to the edge.

In short, I’ll wear something to keep me from tenting the skirt, but most of the time that’s about it. And what I wear depends on the season and occasion.

Hi Holly,  About the only time that I wear any shapewear is around holidays when I eat too much and work too little.  Then I wear control top pantyhose or a small panty girdle until I’ve lost the weight (which usually settles on my gut).  I remind myself not to overindulge again and take two weeks to get my old body back.  Unfortunately, I find myself repeating the process at almost every holiday season. lol   Marg

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I voted girdle.  I don’t wear one often….only when special occasions call for one.  I used to love wearing an all-in-one (body briefer) when I was in the closet.  But they’re not well suited for my out lifestyle.

/EA

i like to wear pads with my panties, also love to wear a bra and nylons. but from there i just have to finish off with a dress or skirt and blouse and make up and earrings, perfume, necklace heels.

Don’t forget to wear a nice frilly lace trimmed Slip to complete the feminine under garments

Anonymous

Meghan, absolutely! I always wear a slip, whether a full one under my dresses or a half slip under my skirts.

Hugs,

Holly

Kimmie
      Lady

Girdle. Likely because my mom’s girdles were among the first female clothes I tried on. They have remained among my favorites because I truly enjoy the feeling of being held in tightly. Also, back in the day, styles often included lace trim around the legs, satin panels and small flowers at the waist. I know that type is still available, but most top selling brands like Skims, Spanx, Flexees are just so plain . . . .

Anonymous

Kimmie, I totally agree with you! Spanx and the like, while they work, just aren’t as feminine and pretty as the older styles, which is why I’d always rather wear those than anything else! 🙂

Hugs,

Holly

Style 9357 | Body Briefer Extra Firm Shaping – Black RAGO all the way. Even though I have open bottom girdle, panty girdle with garters, corset and many waist cinchers I find that the All-In-One Rago body shaper (with 6 garters) answers all my needs; holding up stockings, form fitting bra, firm tummy trimmer, and open bottom do panties go over the top for bathroom needs. I have Three; 2 White, 1 black. Other similar body shapers are called Bustiers, corselets, and Basques. Go to their website

Anonymous

Meghan, like you, I love all the Rago girdles and shapers!

Hugs,

Holly

Laurel
        Lady

Bravo Meghan, love everything from Rago. Sadly, Secrets in Lace is carrying fewer Rago choices these days but you can still find them online through other sources too. Great poll.

Anonymous
      Lady

I voted for girdles which I love but having no butt and too much stomach I use a waist cincher to hold everything together. I have shorts with foam butt pads that help but I would really like some silicone Dresstech hip and thigh pads.

I voted corset.  I really haven’t found anything that takes my very male, no waist body to an hour glass figure like I want.  My only complaint with them is that they are hard to hide under tight fitting clothing.  But the good news is that lighting and good photography can help to hide it underneath everything.  But I still need a panty girdle to hide everything that the corset pushed down there.

I just wish that I could go without all this, like Lauren, but I for sure can’t, and hope to look like a real women.  But luckily, I have been blessed with a face that can be made to look like a woman.  No padding or foundation garments there, just makeup.  I’ll take what I’ve been given.  Before I completely dressed, I didn’t think I had the face or the body to pull this off, but luckily all of my girlfriends have encouraged me to keep on going.

Agree, I love my corset but it is just to bulky under clothes.  So I just wear with panties. Under my clothing I use a very tight waist cincher.    So tight  I can’t hook it so I hook it and pull on .

Thanks, Holly, you always have great polls.

Anonymous

Thank you, Jennifer!

I put other on the pole as my preference is an open-bottom corselette. This is due to easily going to the little girl’s room and it always feels like I am receiving a hug.

I have two pieces that I really love to wear. One is a black body suit. It’s only shape wear in the sense that it’s designed to smooth everything out. There’s no padding. It’s like a one piece women’s swimsuit. It’s fun to put it on first, then get all my other clothes for the day put together. The other is similar but it’s a “wear your own bra shaping slip.” So, it’s like a dress down below instead of a brief and it doesn’t cover the breasts.

Kari_B
      Lady

I have a black one piece Cupid body shaper with 3 hooks at the gusset. Love it.

Kari 💋

I voted ‘corset’, although I also love body shapers like an All-In-One, or an open bottom version of it, or even a longline version with internal garter straps inside the cuffed legs.  My mom always wore open bottom girdles but since she was a plus size woman, they were too large to fit me, they would literally fall off!  But I was intrigued by the garter straps on her girdles, I wanted to experience wearing a girdle and stockings.  Later in life, I was able to buy my own in my size.

I do love corsets, I love how they transform me into an hourglass figure.  I also love the constant ‘hug’ they give.  I prefer the overbust styles to wear instead of a bra without overbust.  I always try to buy corsets with garter straps.  Four straps is not enough for me, I prefer four on each leg!   If I had a corset without garter straps, I’d sew in fabric hoops to add removable ones.  However, recently, I found some replacement garter straps with the ‘alligator’ claps to attach to garments without fabric hoops.

Since you asked “to wear” I chose Other and like a “wear-with-your-own-bra” shaper. I own a corset and a cincher and enjoy them aesthetically. I, too, have fond memories of open-bottom girdles and would love to have one. I just don’t right now…

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?